test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3-Year Anniversary Event is Live!

Comments

• marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Such a great mission wish it would remain part of the game forever.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Such a great mission wish it would remain part of the game forever.

I thought it is.... one ship can only be obtained during the Anniversary Event ( the other doesn't)which implies that the mission will stay.... :confused:
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    >>Klingon Captain: "I said Quiet, you idiot ! Now you broke our cloak !"

I noticed that cloaking was not broken on the initial (anomaly) map of this mission.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Throughout I was like "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

It was an awesome mission and I agree, it should be left in the game. One thing I would like clarification on is the "Yesterday's Enterprise Outfit" reward - can someone confirm that this is only the belt and sash?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • masterkampmasterkamp Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Please Cryptic Fix the server. I'm still getting Server not responding
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    I thought it is.... one ship can only be obtained during the Anniversary Event ( the other doesn't)which implies that the mission will stay.... :confused:

Not sure if it will remain did not really read up on anything about it. If it remains that will make me and a lot of people happy. I just got the rewards and now it lets me play it again for fleet marks and Dilithium.
  • nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    come on cryptic.... theres a line of nearly 2,000 players trying to get on, why aren't backup servers in place to handle the heavy load?

edit: its over 2,600 now.

edit again: over 3,000 now. and growing by the minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • cairellacairella Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    *logs in to get in on the event*

Your queue position is 1066 out of 3150

I had a feeling this was going to happen... my question is this should have been anticipated...but yet it seems to be nothing but problems today... and this isn't even a new season and this is going on....... Can we get some word in from some higher power..becuase at this point even though I won't theres going to be nublets crying for compensation....

oh the number is 3564 now...
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As of right now I am #625 out of 3488. I am a Gold member, Where is my preferred Login?
    Edit:
    I am now #513 out of 3722
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Check the patch notes. 'Server not responding' is part of the anniversary event. If it isn't in the notes then it is something else they have changed/added that they forgot to add to the notes... I keep having a minute or so to spare between map changes, and this window is open... I'll turn the TV on next time.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not sure if it will remain did not really read up on anything about it. If it remains that will make me and a lot of people happy. I just got the rewards and now it lets me play it again for fleet marks and Dilithium.

The mission is permanent as is the Ambassador Tier 3 reward. Only the T5 ship will disappear when its over.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • fatumterminatusfatumterminatus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The game crashed me out at the end of the Klingon Anniversary mission. Ever since I can't log back in for the windy excuse of "Could not log out one of your existing characters, please try again shortly". I was actually looking forward to the event, now I wish it would have never happened. Extremely disappointing.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    still waiting to get on i am 304 out of over 3000+ waiting to get on and i have been at 304 for nearly an hour. fix this issue
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There's some serious lagg at the moment..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As of right now I am #625 out of 3488. I am a Gold member, Where is my preferred Login?
    Edit:

Be thankful as I'm lifer and at #1368 after being disconnected. :(
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I really try to give you guys the benefit of the doubt...

But I am now in a Login Queue. I have never seen this before. It says I am 1168 out of 3534 and that message never changes. So what do I just sit here?

I am a lifer. Yes that right I gave Cryptic a huge barrel of cash at the start so you could get over the line. I thought that means I am subbed forever and do not have to queue?

:confused:

I have been looking forward to playing for the last 5 hours (the time when today's maintenance was supposed to be over).

5 hours and still nothing.
    I try to give you the benefit of the doubt...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
    edited January 2013
    lol perferred login! what a joke. at this point it a free for all.

and just a fyi btw, the reason the line isnt moving is cause no one is logging out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Edit:

Welp, I'm in now. ONTO THE LAG FEST!
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So in summary, 3rd Anniversary event;

Added : 1 Mission with a couple of free ships

Removed : Fleets & reputation.

Did the QA guys break out the champagne earlier than usual and just sit around hungover instead of actually testing anything?
  • archabacteriaarchabacteria Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What I'm getting here is 'could not log out one of your existing characters' after being thrown out of the game during a loading screen. Given that it's been much longer than 25 seconds, I have to wonder why it still hasn't logged that character out. Restarted the whole thing to see if it mattered. It didn't.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to try again after dinner. 45-90 seconds just to transfer maps? No thanks. My free ships will still be there later.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    619 of 4500+ Happy Anniversary!!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Welp, I'm in now. ONTO THE LAG FEST!

So very true.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • stearns1stearns1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Did you guys ever consider..GETTING MORE SERVERS..Stands to reason if you have x number of players total you need x number of servers to handle the load if they all decide to play at the same time. Duhhh
    edited January 2013
    questerius wrote: »
    There's some serious lagg at the moment..
    What I'm getting here is 'could not log out one of your existing characters' after being thrown out of the game during a loading screen. Given that it's been much longer than 25 seconds, I have to wonder why it still hasn't logged that character out. Restarted the whole thing to see if it mattered. It didn't.

at least when that happened to me there wasnt a line, lol :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoscloud#1972 chaoscloud Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Crash. -- Tries to log back in. -- Waiting. -- "Could not log out one of your existing characters, please try again.' -- Tries again. -- Same result. -- 'Son of a hobgoblin!':mad:
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • unionmasterunionmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    really no way to treat your lifetime members. free players should be kicked. when we want to log on
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm just going to watch a movie....it's not worth getting all worked up about this and die of an aneurysm....
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The fleets and rep are still there. They just haven't loaded yet. Took about a minute when I logged in.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
This discussion has been closed.