Comments

• Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited February 2013
    zorandra wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiDVoHH9uM0
    made this but I dont know if worthy.

Me likes promo!
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think we really need to test the current ruleset first. I'm afraid that keeping rep passives in could have a huge negative effect on the whole thing.
  • Options
    evilghost1026evilghost1026 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TRH will be participating in this tournament =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mancom wrote: »
    I think we really need to test the current ruleset first. I'm afraid that keeping rep passives in could have a huge negative effect on the whole thing.

good thing i have an extra sci lying around. i would just need to level him up to 50 (hes like 40 sumthin)
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi! This is the Elite Defense Starfleet. We are mostly a PvE fleet, but we have recently started to take some interest in organized PvP. We liked the idea of this tournament, it seemed like a good opportunity to gain some valuable experience as well as insight into how to fight as a team. We will be fielding one team.

We went into couple queues with the tournament specifications, and one thing that caught my eyes was that without the borg 2 piece proc, plasma dots can do some serious damage. Especially EWP is very difficult to counter when u get stuck into it for a few seconds. Any thoughts on that?
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi! This is the Elite Defense Starfleet. We are mostly a PvE fleet, but we have recently started to take some interest in organized PvP. We liked the idea of this tournament, it seemed like a good opportunity to gain some valuable experience as well as insight into how to fight as a team. We will be fielding one team.

We went into couple queues with the tournament specifications, and one thing that caught my eyes was that without the borg 2 piece proc, plasma dots can do some serious damage. Especially EWP is very difficult to counter when u get stuck into it for a few seconds. Any thoughts on that?

Make sure you have a sci ship with 2 copies of haz... every ship should have there own copy... and make sure you are calling EWP when you see it on your TS/Vent... and if your the sci guy keep your eyes open for teammates that need a HZ... it will be important to time it... you don't want to double hz anyone if you can help it if there is ewp on the field.

One thing you will find with a classic rule set is team work becomes more important... with fewer cruches to compensate for poor heal work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    emoejoeemoejoe Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    is the rep passives allowed? i didnt see it in the link :? sorry if it was already covered
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    emoejoe wrote: »
    is the rep passives allowed? i didnt see it in the link :? sorry if it was already covered

In an ideal situation, then no the passives arent allowed. But as long as we cant remove them, we have to live with them and see how that fares. There isnt an off button for the rep passives unfortuantly. Hilbert will be making some tests to see how influent they can be.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Come on people! More teams to sign up!

Ill start making final desicions on form of tourney and a recap of teams invovled.

• Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey, Dev.

How about creating a pool thread where those without teams can sign up for the tourney.

We can then just mash together more teams from those who are without a team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    snoge00f wrote: »
    Hey, Dev.

How about creating a pool thread where those without teams can sign up for the tourney.

We can then just mash together more teams from those who are without a team.

Think its abit late for that, with 3 days left before this kicks off. If individual persons want to join, use TS/vent/Opvp and get a team running.
    For next tournament ill make that possible.

• Options
    p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm travelling this weekend, so I'll have to withdraw. I am interested though.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What no "ground" events only "space". Sorry I'm fond of ground events and for me space is not appealing but I'm sure lots would feel the other way around as well :)
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I dont know if you discused at meeting, but i think the colored skills on tray should be forbidden. In any serious pvp tournament in other games any modifications of game files is not alowed.
    Just a example of rule from pvp competitions: "All programs or files, either changed game files or new files, that change the game or add to its functionality, or which interact with the game in any way, are strictly forbidden. Modified versions of the game's resource files are always forbidden."
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I dont know if you discused at meeting, but i think the colored skills on tray should be forbidden. In any serious pvp tournament in other games any modifications of game files is not alowed.

Yeah, when it confers an advantage. This is simply a matter of taste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Setting final deadline for signups til friday at midnight CET time.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    second post updated for teams. So far we have 7 teams. Somehow im puzzled why the orions on the KDF side dont want to join.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Having trouble unequipping my doffs. So what i have done is equipped projectile doffs instead. I dont have a torpedo equipped. I do have mines equipped. Is this a fair compromise or do I need to find something else? The projectile doff tooltip says it reduces cooldown on torpedos, says nothing about mines.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Having trouble unequipping my doffs. So what i have done is equipped projectile doffs instead. I dont have a torpedo equipped. I do have mines equipped. Is this a fair compromise or do I need to find something else? The projectile doff tooltip says it reduces cooldown on torpedos, says nothing about mines.

Likely you have no doff room left, cause you overexceeded the capacity. Recommend you increase ot dismiss doffs so you can unequip them. I have no issue if you are honest about it, but the other teams might be as trustworthy towards this.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    6 hours to go for signups!

First post has been changed to reflect meeting place and type of tournament arranged. As for drawing of teams, Sargon as a neutral party will make a draw for whom which team meets which team. Results will be posted as fast as Sargon can stop slack :P

• Options
    edited February 2013
    It's done. No more doffs equipped, not even irrelevant ones.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Further signed ups closed. Draws will commence shortly.

• Options
    gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Drawing Results:

Greetings, tournament participants. Devoras has asked me--as a neutral party--to draw team names to see who would face off against one another in this most classic of tournaments. And since it is never wise to upset a Romulan, I agreed. By "neutral" I take to mean that I don't have a team in the mix. I have no involvement in the "Boot Camp" team, by the way, though a lawsuit for copyright infringement is pending (just kidding):)

Teams were drawn in the following manner:
    1- Each team was assigned a number (1-8)
    2- This number was then written on a piece of paper
    3- I then mixed these pieces of paper around, threw them in the air, etc. and drew them without looking at the pieces.
    4- I drew two pieces of paper at a time and whatever teams those two numbers corresponded to are the teams that are listed below:

TSI vs. X-treme
    Lag Ind vs. Vipers
    PvP boot camp team vs. Elite defense starfleet
    Sad Pandas vs. TRH

Let epic PvP begin!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Sargon. Post 2 has been updated to reflect the outcome.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    devorasx wrote: »
    Thanks Sargon. Post 2 has been updated to reflect the outcome.

No problem, any time.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Tournament didnt commence cause people didnt show up. Thats really dissapointing considering how many people has been eye?ng this for a while.

BUT

We had a 8 vs 8 figth in classic ships which was bloody fun! Fraps will come in the movie thread :D

• Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I came on last night, forced my complaining crew into a ship they wouldn't normally fly, gave them consoles they wouldn't normally use, and took away their sexy sets. Alongside a full team of Lag Industries players at the time on the forums, and was met with "Oh hey, yeah - it's not going to happen "soz!""

I was then told that TSI and a bunch others came on at an earlier time then our 10 or so players from XYZ fleets and did their own thing?

Who dropped the ball? We came expecting to take part in something that took HOURS of tedious TS conversations only to be told it'd fallen through. Why can no group or individual manage even the most simple tournament in this community without in-fighting or sloppy organization to foil it at the final hurdle?

Do I sound alittle annoyed about it? Yeah I am from reading back, but I think I and anyone else who took the time to put a build together have reason to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I came on last night, forced my complaining crew into a ship they wouldn't normally fly, gave them consoles they wouldn't normally use, and took away their sexy sets. Alongside a full team of Lag Industries players at the time on the forums, and was met with "Oh hey, yeah - it's not going to happen "soz!""

I was then told that TSI and a bunch others came on at an earlier time then our 10 or so players from XYZ fleets and did their own thing?

Who dropped the ball? We came expecting to take part in something that took HOURS of tedious TS conversations only to be told it'd fallen through. Why can no group or individual manage even the most simple tournament in this community without in-fighting or sloppy organization to foil it at the final hurdle?

Do I sound alittle annoyed about it? Yeah I am from reading back, but I think I and anyone else who took the time to put a build together have reason to be.

I am not on the organizing committee, but I think that Regulus' concerns are legitimate and worthy of a response. Devoras, would it be possible to reschedule, seeing as Regulus (and others no doubt) put both time, energy, and possibly even money into preparing for this tournament. Perhaps you and the other committee members, Devoras, could just reschedule for next weekend, so that all this hard work doesn't go to waste.