Install Arc
Options

Classic tournament signup and final draft

13»

Comments

• Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was then told that TSI and a bunch others came on at an earlier time then our 10 or so players from XYZ fleets and did their own thing?

Who dropped the ball? We came expecting to take part in something that took HOURS of tedious TS conversations only to be told it'd fallen through. Why can no group or individual manage even the most simple tournament in this community without in-fighting or sloppy organization to foil it at the final hurdle?
    The time was
    9 february at 20.00 CET/2PM EST
    TSI was there, but no other full group showed up at that time or during the following hour.
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mancom wrote: »
    The time was

-snip-

TSI was there, but no other full group showed up at that time or during the following hour.

That's very interesting, how did 10 or so people from 3 or 4 different fleets get a different time to you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That's very interesting, how did 10 or so people from 3 or 4 different fleets get a different time to you?
    By not reading the first post in this thread, I guess?

Which time did you think it was?
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The time was

That's not true. All 5 EDS were there. In fact, we had 3classic PvP matches with mixed teams, then had another 2 OPvP pug-made matches that was called by sargon.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That's not true. All 5 EDS were there.
    Sorry, then there was one other team that showed up eventually. I don't know the names of all the players by heart, so I guess I missed it.

Anyway, at 20:00 CET there was nothing even close to the 8 teams that had signed up. So we got the mixed team matches instead of actual 5v5 tournament premade games.
  • Options
    gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, then there was one other team that showed up eventually. I don't know the names of all the players by heart, so I guess I missed it.

Anyway, at 20:00 CET there was nothing even close to the 8 teams that had signed up. So we got the mixed team matches instead of actual 5v5 tournament premade games.

Hilbert:

The Classic Tournament idea was such a good one, and one that people actually invested in. I encourage you to figure out a way to run this again. There is no reason why it couldn't be started again next weekend. Obviously there was a miscommunication with regards to timing. I am happy to do any advertisement, etc. for you if necessary.
  • Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited February 2013
    Will arrange time for a new classic tournament. I will make a new post on it, with same timers and same 2 weeks advance warning.

NOW, READ time and place!
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited February 2013
    Le read!

10bloodychars
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    devorasx wrote: »
    Will arrange time for a new classic tournament. I will make a new post on it, with same timers and same 2 weeks advance warning.

NOW, READ time and place!

Thanks for making these new arrangements, Devoras. Perhaps it would be best--as someone above suggests--to create a window of time (e.g., the weekend of X/2013-x/2013) on which the matches could take place, so as to make the tournament as accommodating as possible. Let me know how I can help.

And let's keep in conversation about the times, so that there aren't any "game breaking" conflicts between Boot Camp events and this tournament. For instance, the next Boot Camp event is on the 23rd of February. I would request that you not schedule any matches for that day, or at the very least for the hours on which Boot Camp will be held.