test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Classic tournament signup and final draft

devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
edited February 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Oki! Time has come to unleash the fun.

The concerns expressed in the first draft has been discussed during our second meeting regarding rules. The second meeting yielded some modifications to the rules, and the final outcome has now come to fruitition for those wishing to involve themselves.

The final draft can be found here

Rules are set, and teams please start signing up! I want fleet names only and how many teams you plan to field. If people plan to field a mix of people from different fleets/random people, please make a team name :)
Time for tournament is the 9 february at 20.00 CET/2PM EST. That`ll give teams roughly 2 weeks to aquire the nessecary gear and ships, and get prepared.

The desicion is made on a single elimination torunament, and I hope all can meet in orgpvp at that exact time for the tournamnet. Else i can be contacted on the handle @Devoras_serenitus if teams needs to get in touch.
For voice coms we will all meet up at pvp bootcamp. Here are details: pvpbootcamp.com:1406

So lets sign up and have fun!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Post edited by devorasx on

Comments

• devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited January 2013
    TSI will field one team.
    Sad Pandas will field one team, maybe 2. This needs clarification.
    Lag Ind will field one team.
    X-treme will field one team.
    TRH will field one team.
    PvP boot camp germany will field one team.
    Elite defense starfleet will field one team.
    Vipers will field one team.

Draws is as follows after sargons drawings:

(1)TSI vs. (2)X-treme
    (3)Lag Ind vs. (4)Vipers
    (5) PvP boot camp team vs. (6) Elite defense starfleet
    (7) Sad Pandas vs. (8)TRH

Will continue as follows:

Winner between 1 and 2 will meet winner of 3 or 4.
    Winner bewteem 5 and 6 will meet winner of 7 or 8.
    Winner between 1/2 and 3/4 meets winner of 5/6 and 7/8.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • voxlagindvoxlagind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think people will have an easier time knowing if they can field a team after the date and time are revealed.
  • pascalb1pascalb1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I will put up a vote for yours should start first. Just letting you know Devoarasx
    Nova Aurora Polaris
    - Nova Aurora Polaris -
    @pascalb1
    edited January 2013
    pascalb1 wrote: »
    I will put up a vote for yours should start first. Just letting you know Devoarasx

Ye cool thanks Pascal. I was actually waiting for you to get better :) But since you`re letting me go first, ill update the first post for date and timers.

edited January 2013
    To note:

I know many of the ground rules for this tournament will highlight one important issue; Its hard to police and to enforce. So I hope all particpants who plan to attend has the integrity and honesty to diligently follow the rules and show good form. Any cheating will severly ruin and hamper the pvp communites interest to field future tournaments, so i sincerly hope most attendants will adhere.

• p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm a tentative sign-up w/a TBD KDF toon/team.

Also, sorry I couldn't make yesterday, to clarify are the ~+17% shield hp consoles restricted at all?
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited January 2013
    SP will field at least one team, probably two.
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Let the heal fest begin. ;)
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
    edited January 2013
    Let the heal fest begin. ;)

Correction:

Let REAL pvp begin!

• mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sounds cool, very cool indeed, i'll check with the guys to see if we are going to field a team.

Also, why not Ground?
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    Also, why not Ground?
    I think ground got changed too much with S4. This makes it impossible to hold a true classic ground PVP tournament.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We'll field a team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • voxlagindvoxlagind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I didn't read anything about it being prohibited to mix Feds and Klinks onto one team.

Is that allowed?
    edited January 2013
    voxlagind wrote: »
    I didn't read anything about it being prohibited to mix Feds and Klinks onto one team.

Is that allowed?

Erh... good question. But honestly i dont see the problem.

• mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the general idea was to allow mixed teams to reduce balance problems that might result from the lack of sci vessels on KDF side.
  • mavhaxmavhax Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I might be interested in this. Date?
  • livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lets get ready to rumble...
    edited January 2013
    mavhax wrote: »
    I might be interested in this. Date?

Its in the op, but since im feeling informative today: 9 feb.

• ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    devorasx wrote: »
    Correction:

Let REAL pvp begin!

Sure! ^^ ;)
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • amidoinitrightamidoinitright Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Some of my fleetmates have expressed interest & e-mailed me about hilberts idea. I'm coming back to STO to do this. AFAIK, -X-Treme might be able to field a Klingon team. My question is, will people interested in this awesome idea AFTER the tourny? Private PVP matches through OPVP ect? I'd like to do this all day every day. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
    edited January 2013
    Some of my fleetmates have expressed interest & e-mailed me about hilberts idea. I'm coming back to STO to do this. AFAIK, -X-Treme might be able to field a Klingon team. My question is, will people interested in this awesome idea AFTER the tourny? Private PVP matches through OPVP ect? I'd like to do this all day every day. :cool:

I know TSI would love to play classics.

edited January 2013
    I'm willing to start a Klingon fleet dedicated to using these rules. Would anyone else other than TSI be willing to have some toons/ships setup for this? Anyone else willing to set up fleets for this? we won't have to worry about any Starbase building & stuff. Maybe we could start a Hilberts classic PVP channel to find opponents.
    In fact, this might be a way to help n00bs learn PVP at a less intense level so they don't quit after being roflstomped in their first 100 matches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,
    edited January 2013
    What? Arent we good enough for you?

• snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love the idea of a pool of guys who want to play under classic rules being put together to fight each other regularly.

Count me in on that idea.

Much hugz to Hilbert / TSI for coming up with the original idea. ;)

And to Bot Fly for expanding on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    devorasx wrote: »
    What? Arent we good enough for you?

I heard we've been integrating -X-treme with another Klingon fleet, but I don't know any details of that. I don't even know who that Klingon fleet is. :o

& we all know what TSI does to pugs. I don't ever want to pug against them again!
    edited January 2013
    The other 2 cofounders of -X-treme have said they're interested in this, Maybe X-treme could set up a team & take on more people willing to do this. My thinking about setting up new fleets is that the new fleets will NOT set up a starbase, & will be dedicated to ONLY this. No starbase means less chance to cheat using fleet weapons & equipment. It will make these fleets easier to police their own members, & help insure the integrity of these matches. All of us tourny vets know that there is almost always someone who breaks the rules. sometimes entire teams.
    I'm hijacking this thread, pleas lets continue this discussion on this thread.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=533671
    edited February 2013
    What is the census on allowing the new Kamarag and Ambassador classes into the Classic PvP?
    edited February 2013
    livinrtb wrote: »
    What is the census on allowing the new Kamarag and Ambassador classes into the Classic PvP?

Frankly i dont see the problem, but they dont fit into classic as pr ships availble during season 1 and 2.

edited February 2013
    Since we are useing MkXII which wasn't in s1-2, I just thought it might open up more ships and setups for players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSmtHBMjXLU&list=PLnQQXFhOpmBDwPcPa8hUKA7Ev23L1F5is
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiDVoHH9uM0
    made this but I dont know if worthy.
    Noone.