3-Year Anniversary Event is Live!

Comments

• Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stuck on the fact of why PWE would give out a level 40 ship to level 50 players when the vast majority of players playing this mission will be 50. The mission was great to play when it wasnt lagging so bad....Please increase the stats or something for the sip to make it a level 50 ship instead of 40... Yes we have the ship now but sticking with my current level 50 ship...no point in downgrading...:(
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah a lvl 40 ship is pretty useless and the party poppers are lag fest that make the game unplayable in such places as ESD and First City where you are forced to go to get and hand in the missions. It's long over due time for a feature to disable party popper visuals on the account level.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    muster16muster16 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This Star Trek game is an excellent continuation of the star trek series'. At least, us trekkies get to play at the adventures that we've all watched for numerous years and enjoy exploring new ones.
    The Anniversary Episode is way too cool. I love the new ship. Thanks Cryptic and Perfect World!
    Sure there are in-game bugs, but I wanted played any game yet, that didn't have some. I love the one server and getting to talk and listen to everyone, who plays.
    I will continue to look forward to any new adventures that you can come with. My granddaughter enjoys watching me play, as well.
    Keep up the good work and Happy Anninversary!!!
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is nice break from doing elite STFs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can we get the anniversary holobanners to hang on our ship trophy walls?
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah a lvl 40 ship is pretty useless and the party poppers are lag fest that make the game unplayable in such places as ESD and First City where you are forced to go to get and hand in the missions. It's long over due time for a feature to disable party popper visuals on the account level.

Have you used the ship? ... It's far from useless.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    drmoxdrmox Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Happy 3rd Birthday STO!! :)

May more new content continue...
  • Options
    thowasthowas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One of the very best story based missions you guys have ever made!
    And hearing Denise doing a voice in this game, just great!
    All thumbs up!

The Ambassador refit Class.
    Nice looking ship, surpringly good for being a cruiser.
    If you make that one as a Fleet retrofit it will become a dangerous opponent.
    Perhaps with a tac command station..? ;-)

Before i got the ships, i actually thought that the Kamarag would be the better one of the two.
    It's good, but not at all in the same class as the Ambassador.
    Fine ship though.

<//>
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2013

EDIT: Also, let us know what you thought about "Temporal Ambassador" by posting below!

It was a very fun mission but bugged as all grethor. I enjoyed the settings, especially the having to map the tunnels (it took me back to my old Zork days), the combat and even the fact that B'vat had a use - but it never let me complete the mission at the end as the map location markers where all in the wrong spot.

I have since restarted it and will try it again (which is still fun as it is another excellent example of the talents of Cryptic) though I'm hoping to be able to insert Holy Barrell day into the tenants of Kahless.

(you'll thank me on the feast days that involve heavy drinking and the joys of celebration)
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Am I the only one who wanted to leave Tasha on that planet? What I wouldn't give for Armus to zap her on the way to the ship. Timeline be damned!
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bloctoad wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wanted to leave Tasha on that planet? What I wouldn't give for Armus to zap her on the way to the ship. Timeline be damned!
    While I enjoy Denise Crosby as an actor, I think Tasha Yar was a horribly written character. If Denise stuck around and pushed for character development, Tasha Yar could have become a very strong female role model. Tasha Yar needed more depth. Denise got some really horrible and cringing lines, so I do not blame her for leaving "TNG". I blame the writers.

As I played through the anniversary mission, I was happy to see Tasha Yar and hear Denise Crosby's voice. It was a quick and fun mission, which was created to celebrate the anniversary. You got a chance to role play a scene with a nostalgic character. I call that win.

If Denise Crosby didn't leave "Star Trek: The Next Generation", we may not have gotten a very strong Worf character. Making Worf head of security was a very logical change.
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ⬇ Thank you ⬇
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dear Cryptic-Devs (especially everyone who was responsible/involved in creating the 3rd Anniversary mission):

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I just finished the mission (it took me about 2 hours because I wanted to explore every detail ^^) and the only thing that I can say is: Awesome!

Really, this mission was so much entertaining. I loved how you used the STO characters like Obisek and Shran and even my bridge officers.
    Before I started the mission I watched "Yesterday's Enterprise" just to "refresh" my memorey. Your mission really caught the spirit of this episode and I would call it "Yesterday's Enterprise 2".

I am still out of words. Awesome mission and thank you a lot for an very enjoyable evening!

Greetings
    Nahari
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After trying out "SW: TOR" this weekend, I found that "Star Trek: Online's" F2P system is the best. I want to thank Cryptic for not overwhelming the F2P base with insane restrictions. If I had played "SW: TOR" before "STO", I would have approached this game with a different attitude. "STO's" F2P system doesn't cripple the player experience, and it casually encourages players into investing into the system.

Thank you for thinking about the players.

Congrats on the three year anniversary.
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Didn't know there was a Temporal loop in the mission one of my toon had to do the same part THREE DIFFERENT times, I'm ready to shoot Tasha at this point.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "He's dead, Jim"
    "Who's Jim" I laughed my buttocks off.

And I want a wise tribble. May we have a wise tribble?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    "He's dead, Jim"

Seconded. I want that tribble!
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    juanpellegrinijuanpellegrini Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Some ppl is griefing everybody else with ballons in the bank and exchange everywhere, DS9, ESD.
    Just to let you know, if you going to put a feature like that you better boost your servers or gtfo with the balloons.
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this question, but I thought I read in one of the patch notes that an update was to make Lobi crystals able to be transferred to another character on the same account but when I tried to do that it still said they were "bound to character"???
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    harbinger242harbinger242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure if this is the place to post this question, but I thought I read in one of the patch notes that an update was to make Lobi crystals able to be transferred to another character on the same account but when I tried to do that it still said they were "bound to character"???

That's my fault. It was in a parody patch notes that I posted last Thursday. It was never in an "official" patch note. I seriously doubt PWE will ever give up on bound to character items, it's to much of a cash cow.
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's my fault. It was in a parody patch notes that I posted last Thursday. It was never in an "official" patch note. I seriously doubt PWE will ever give up on bound to character items, it's to much of a cash cow.

Thanks...:cool:
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,807 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After running the Temporal Ambassador missions a few times each side, I am greatly disappointed overall!

The bad: The whole thing feels like a rip off of an Enterprise episode, the voice acting was awful (Denise included), the dialog wasn't written very well, and it was basically exactly the same KDF side. The last one being hte most annoying of the lot, you can't keep half-arsing Fed missions for the KDF! This is purely laziness and literally shows how unimportant the KDF players are! Reward wise, a belt and a couple of straps aren't a uniform. These parts have major clipping issues with so many uniforms and you completely dropped the ball again here and yet again by putting a Fed costume piece KDF side. You didn't even get the one chevron on the belt the right color and you owe the player base the correct uniform top! No unique bridge for the Ambassador or Kamarag classes yet again, laziness! :mad:

The mediocre: The only downside are groups of palyers purposley standing in the boxes so you can't follow the little Q. 5 times of this tends to make it tedius also very fast but 3 would of been a better choice.

The good: I like the ground facility and the crawling through the maintenance tunnels. The accolades were a nice touch and some of them should have been used long ago. The Party Popper spitting out balloons is awesome! Who ever is responsible for this piece fun, you have my sincerest thanks and appreciation! The docking bridge is something I would like to see added to ESD. I want to be able to see my ship inside of ESD and walk out to it on a docking bridge. The Q game for the daily is a nice touch. The one thing you finally got right in this game was giving the players command of a ship named Enterprise!

I would have enjoyed this mission so much more if the KDF had something unique, if the reward uniform was an actual uniform that was different for each side, and some good old fashion polish went into thing!
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dear Cryptic-Devs (especially everyone who was responsible/involved in creating the 3rd Anniversary mission):

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I just finished the mission (it took me about 2 hours because I wanted to explore every detail ^^) and the only thing that I can say is: Awesome!

Really, this mission was so much entertaining. I loved how you used the STO characters like Obisek and Shran and even my bridge officers.
    Before I started the mission I watched "Yesterday's Enterprise" just to "refresh" my memorey. Your mission really caught the spirit of this episode and I would call it "Yesterday's Enterprise 2".

I am still out of words. Awesome mission and thank you a lot for an very enjoyable evening!

Greetings
    Nahari

I concur. I am enjoying it immensely and even on the run throughs where I'm trying to complete it as quickly as possible (so many characters, so little time), I find something new! Most recently my KDF Engineer Kor Jag Sarvour hit the hidden accolade "Now You C Me" by chance. It was during the run down the docking tube to the Enterprise-C; between force fields i stopped to check something and boom! Accolade for appreciating the NCC-1701-C!

Yesterday's Enterprise is a very close 3rd, rounding out my top 3 (personal fave) TNG episodes after Relic and Journey's End. The Ambassador-class remains one of my favorite designs from TNG.Some other faves I hope to see in STO include the Constellation-class cruiser, Soyuz-class cruiser, Sydney-class military transport and Baran's mercenary vessel.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To celebrate this auspicious event, Rockin'Aross the Pond rock show, [hosts DJ-Suzanna and DJ-Rriill] www.trekradio.net, hosted a party on Saturday 2nd February.... with prizes donated by Trek Radio, Darkwing, 9th House.

Thanks to the many that attended the 5 hour long birthday bash.........Quark's bar rocked! :)

Pic - 778660_449853855083733_588097191_o_zpse024a826.jpg

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    "He's dead, Jim"

Enterprise-C out of place still should know the Shat though. The Shat was old school. Yes it was funny but how can they not know the legend?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Enterprise-C out of place still should know the Shat though. The Shat was old school. Yes it was funny but how can they not know the legend?

Because it was in a timeline where the Federation had fallen decades beforehand. It'd be a good assumption that people wouldn't be getting told about a Captain who served more than two hundred years ago in an organisation long since destroyed. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited February 2013

EDIT: Also, let us know what you thought about "Temporal Ambassador" by posting below!

Small gripe for me,

Where was the kamarag? :(
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great mission but it is buged taken 2 trys to finnish on one of my toons. i think it has to do wiv the 3 accolades in the tunnel ive 4 toons n when i missed the drop in the box it did not complete but when ive dome all accolades it was fine.

love to see more missions of this type time travel has been apart of trek since tos. :)
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    loving the free ship but why does it have a pic of the akira class on the bridge that comes as standard on it ? , could they not have added it's own bridge ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
This discussion has been closed.