Install Arc
Options

3-Year Anniversary Event is Live!

Comments

• Options
    unionmasterunionmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Q again? He's been here for 3 months now. Come on, you have many other assets. :)

Why not using utopia planitia, volcan, or something like that? I'm a bit tired to see his floating face every day.

yeah when we use to complain about lack of content they would add something with borg in it
    and call it content
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cryptic's disease: A massive stroke caused by high blood pressure,induced by extreme anger over "server not responding" messages,not given priority in the log in queues and lag caused by too many Free to Play people online.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    corey2570corey2570 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hopefully the future will be even greater than the past.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    corey2570 wrote: »
    Hopefully the future will be even greater than the past.

ever listen to the song henry the VIII i am i am

well as for the future?

second verse same as the first
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i take it back i could take a nap go eat dinner sit on the porcelien throne then go see a movie before i could get on here:mad:
  • Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "You are 7953 out of 11907 for the queue to log in".........yeah Houston I think we have a problem:mad:
  • Options
    gantoris007gantoris007 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi there,

As it happens, I saw the Temporal Anomaly episode of TNG the other day. And I have to say, that I found the special anniversary mission to be really awesome and immersive!

Not only is hte new enterprise C, an "old" ship", really fun to play and awesome looking, but the build up to flying it, hiding, rebellion, sneaking, meeting up with famous characters from both the television series, and incorporating famous NPCs from within the STO universe... waas masterful!

The moment you go through the anomaly and your ship/character changes similar to how it did in the TV episode? I was grinning from ear to ear. :D

thanks for all the attention to detail you paid to everything.

I know you always recieve more negative feedback than positve when dealing with customers, and even more so it seems in online F2P forums. But I just want you to know how much of a dedicated and appreciative fanbase you have. :3 We love what you've done with it.

I'm a business graduate, and started STO just after it went F2P. I was a player of old privateer and wing commander games, and I love hwo that concept has been built into STO.

Now that starbases and adventure zones have been opened up, I'm looking forward to more feature episode and story content. If they are of the same caliber as this temporal anomaly episode, then i'm quite excited. :3

Thanks for all your hard work. Can I come and work for you? :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    now it is down to 5379 of 9164 and i still haven't moved:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    now it is down to 5379 of 9164 and i still haven't moved:mad:

Hey your lower in the queue than me......stop your ******** lol;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    deader than a can of spam, Now this isn't a surprise on a 3 year anniversary of Sto, and yet they quite happily take our money and can't fix bugs or login issues, welllllllllllll.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hey your lower in the queue than me......stop your ******** lol;)

Yes but I am still not moving:D
  • Options
    mdm454mdm454 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You are currently 4,598 out of 15,499. There is no hope of you logging in before the connection times out or before this message permanently burns into your screen. Try again tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    deader than a can of spam, Now this isn't a surprise on a 3 year anniversary of Sto, and yet they quite happily take our money and can't fix bugs or login issues, welllllllllllll.
    Hey you and the other 1,999,999 captains are logging in at the same time......
    "Damn it Jim......there are not enough servers for all these people!" :D
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm hoping 2013 will have more missions of this quality, delivering an immersive story experience with voiced dialogue and interesting uses of the game's engine. Although I would've actually liked to have been crawling around in the maintenance tunnels. :P

Well done, but kinda sad this probably won't be available in a re-playable form.
  • Options
    eratostolemyeratostolemy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I WAS a subscriber for a long time. My subscribed days number at about 1,075 (so yes, I have all of the rewards). Recently, their auto-renewal system screwed up and I haven't been able to access it to re-subscribe to the game.

Because of that, I've been stuck at slot 1,786 for well over an hour now. I've watched as the queue has grown from just under 2,000 to well over 12,000 and fallen again to 9,000...and my place in line has not changed by even a single digit in that time.

This is ridiculous!

Edit: Also, because of some Perfect World thing, my original forum account -which dates back to the inception of the STO forum before launch - is missing. This account isn't even tied to my actual STO account. Wtf.
  • Options
    edbohagenedbohagen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And now the queue just keeps getting longer without getting any shorter, if that makes sense.

Suggest, when it's so busy, a time limit is set for those logged in, and they then get logged out to let others have a chance.
  • Options
    antras1antras1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    good news: I'm only no 3517, yay!
    bad news: the number didn't change in more than half an hour.

Don't wanna start batching, but it's the third night this week that's nothing but trouble with STO, and it might even cure my addiction to this (otherwise wonderful) game... hope the future of STO will be a bright one. And I really hope that bright future starts soon... in the next 15mins, if possible^^
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People are starting to Log off now. Gone from 646th to 200th in a few minutes.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    evulbuddhaevulbuddha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I made the mistake of trying to change character to one of my alts and got stuck some 6000 in a queue of what in its peak reached over 12k (its back down to 9.6k at the moment). The queue position is slowly dropping but who know's if I'll be getting on again tonight :(
  • Options
    makovdenricmakovdenric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well if its any consolation... i was 150 out of 10k when it dropped significantly and i was still EXACTLY 150 still......... then it went up again then down and still at 150... so yeah... its having problems.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRgNOyCnbqg
    What they are using the servers for.........:eek::D:eek::P
  • Options
    evulbuddhaevulbuddha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just got ***** slapped out of the game, finally got logged in and got an error of duplicate login error and got booted :mad: back to the end of the queue I go
  • Options
    chaoscloud#1972 chaoscloud Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, I guess playing in a Star Trek group on Second Life will have to do for now... :eek:
  • Options
    antras1antras1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ugh - from queue no 3500 to loading the map in less than 5 mins. wtf! :)
    also, the "server not responding" in loading screens is down to about 10 sec.
    seems they drastically reduced the number of admitted players so that it took quite a while for enough people to log out so that others can go in. it's almost playable now and might work to restore my motivation - now gonna try the new mission most people seem to love.
    thx so far, cryptic - just remember to explain things to your customers so they can be more understanding!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    prissycox wrote: »
    Well, I guess playing in a Star Trek group on Second Life will have to do for now... :eek:

Oh God:eek: Not that:eek: Anything but that!!!!!! wait? what?:confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    and I'm on:D
  • Options
    lumofaglumofag Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This grey Yesterday's Enterprise gear is not looking good with my white uniform. Devs, you should switch on the color change for this stuff.
    BTW thank you for the greatest mission I ever played in STO.
  • Options
    chaoscloud#1972 chaoscloud Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sweet, I'm on too! Now I'm afraid to leave the map I'm currently on. Very very afraid.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lumofag wrote: »
    This grey Yesterday's Enterprise gear is not looking good with my white uniform. Devs, you should switch on the color change for this stuff.
    BTW thank you for the greatest mission I ever played in STO.

The only "Yesterdays Enterprise" stuff I'm seeing at the Tailor is "Chest Gear"... A few over the shoulder straps and belt thing? Is that it? I'm not seeing anything else in any of the drop down lists related to "Yesterdays Enterprise".

I was hoping for the "Upper" uniform style worn by the crew of the ENT-C but it aint there? Is this a bug or is the "Chest Gear" belt/strap thing all we are getting?

BTW: The mission itself is freakin AWESOME!!! Shame we couldn't keep all the purple MkII gear that was on the mission ship but oh well! lol... Freakin awesome mission! I look forward to playing it another 7 times on my alts! :)
This discussion has been closed.