Install Arc
Options

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

124»

Comments

• Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have kept on trying for over a mouth to get on ... WITHOUT SUCCESS!
    I tried it on my IE9 , and recently on my new HTC phone! And you may be asking, What is stopping you?"
    Well .. it says loading ... Then every time ... SERVER CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE Am I the only person with these happenings or is it a problem out there too!?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    I tried it on my IE9 , and recently on my new HTC phone! And you may be asking, What is stopping you?"
    Well .. it says loading ... Then every time ... SERVER CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE Am I the only person with these happenings or is it a problem out there too!?

Simply refreshing the page worked for me. (firefox, though)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    crypticpozcrypticpoz Cryptic Developers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The bad news is that we confirm that there was a problem with Safari logins. :-( Thank you for the reports. The good news is that a fix has been applied!

There is also an event which occurs which drops everyone on Gateway. We have a fix for this, but it needs to go through QA first. At the moment, it happens once every couple hours.

There is at least one problem in the client which causes a disconnection you. (You'll get the Disconnected dialog box pop up.) We're working on that too.
  • Options
    sparklysoldiersparklysoldier Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »

It's happening to me too now on Firefox, and it was working fine last month. Refreshing the page just eventually gives the same error message, or a "connection timed out" message.

Edit: It's back up again ...kinda. It let me log in, but it's now "under maintenance."
  • Options
    zefremezefreme Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    can you pelase limit the amount of balloons those guns put out they are causing serious lag with me and a few others. I think every time they respawn they got to get reloaded or something. Please look into it...
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zefreme wrote: »
    can you pelase limit the amount of balloons those guns put out they are causing serious lag with me and a few others. I think every time they respawn they got to get reloaded or something. Please look into it...

You can't Fire guns on this website: http://gateway.startrekonline.com and this thread is just for that website.

Bug 1: My Bridge Officer powers aren't "Arranged" properly so my the first power show isn't the power for Ensign Slots. If there is a way to Re order them in game.. Let me know. They are consistently arranged to 3rd 2nd 1st 4th Power slots.

Bug 2: Small Craft Does not show up at all. (I could be mistaken but I've not Taken My Roundabout (USS Latione) out for a while. In game, I was "on" my star ship. (Actually I was in the ESD bank, but If I beamed back, I'd go to the Cruiser USS Keiya.)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still have problems with the Ipod Touch. I can enter my username and password, I hit confirm and nothing happens expect the sound and the blue stripes moving on the loadbar.

Nothing happens then.

By the way, a 3/4 perspective for the ships would be nice. Not the flat on top view.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    crypticpoz wrote: »
    The bad news is that we confirm that there was a problem with Safari logins. :-( Thank you for the reports. The good news is that a fix has been applied!

Is the patch really applied? I cant't login with Safari 6.0.2 on Mac OS 10.8.2 or on my iPad. I hear the sound after clicking on login. Firefox works great. But the Gateway on iPad looks really great in fullscreen, so i hope you can fix it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dshot79dshot79 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    I cannot log into the gateway site via Chrome (v 23.0) nor Safari 6.0 on my iPad Mini (iOS 6). I can log into the site normally via a desktop/laptop fine. But the former two hang on the login screen with the "working" animation but does not progress any further. Both Javascript & cookies are accepted in both browsers as well.
  • Options
    trek421trek421 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    keep getting "server not responding message" every 2 minutes, and game lock up, sometimes it disconnects... vary irritating:mad:
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dshot79 wrote: »
    I cannot log into the gateway site via Chrome (v 23.0) nor Safari 6.0 on my iPad Mini (iOS 6). I can log into the site normally via a desktop/laptop fine. But the former two hang on the login screen with the "working" animation but does not progress any further. Both Javascript & cookies are accepted in both browsers as well.

Same. Have only logged in a couple of times in the past month. The rest I can't get past login on my iPhone
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am tryin to access this on my phone but keeps saying under maintenance yet my friend has accessed it, anyone else have this problem?
  • Options
    blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i've been trying nearly every day for months to get in on my windows phone. same thing every time, loading bars forever. it never does anything else. i've let it sit for an hour once... still loading. i thought the point of making it html based was so that all phones could access it without having to build apps for three different os's...

i'm all for expanding the data available on gateway, but perhaps some effort should be put into actually making it work as intended first.

one other thing... ENOUGH WITH THE BLUE... the blue "lcars-ish" ui breaks the star trek immersion just as much as the in-game ui. i'm really hoping that this supposed ui rebuild will use the correct colors, shapes and animation, and that the same changes are brought over to gateway.

if the new ui is just a new layout, and still all blue, i'll be very very disappointed.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • Options
    donaldson6352donaldson6352 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I also can't get past the login screen via my new iPad (iOS6). Java and cookies are on.

I know that when I first logged in via my desktop, i had to verify the computer via email before I could finish logging in, but that option doesn't pop up on my iPad. Maybe that has something to do with why I'm stuck on the log in screen.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I use Firefox and I've never had the can't get past log in issue it certainly kicks me out frequently, especially when I'm trying to look at my other Fleet Members. I'm also hoping for a more multi-colored UI option in game and on gateway, though the blue doesn't annoy me at all, it's nothing compared to the Klingon all red scheme. It's like it was designed for a Vampire from Blade to see.

I'd like to see the correct stats come up as well on the ship screen. The ten thousand hull thing is jarring. The same for the stats on equipment. And if at all possible the correct in system space stats. And possibility for alternate backgrounds?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    As we've updated the known issues and some information in the OP, please now use this thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=511891) to continue posting about any bugs of technical difficulties with the Gateway. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.