test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
This is the Star Trek Online Gateway bugs and technical issues thread! Please post any bugs, error messages, or compatibility issues here!

What is the Star Trek Online Gateway?

Star Trek Online Gateway is a web application which lets you look at your captains, ships, bridge officers, and other data from STO. Eventually, you will be able to interact with Star Trek Online through Gateway without logging in to the full 3D client.

The purpose of Gateway is to let players into Star Trek Online without needing to start up the full client.

Visit http://gateway.startrekonline.com to access the STO Gateway.

Feedback

Star Trek Online Gateway is in early Beta, and we look forward to hearing what you think about it. Let us know what you're thinking by posting to this forum thread.

If you have technical issues or experience any bugs such as problems using Gateway with your web browser or device, please let us know by commenting below in this forum thread. Please let us know what operating system and browser (including version numbers) you are using. If you are using a mobile device, let us know which one.

Also, take a glance at the Known Issues below for a list of things we already know about.

Browser Requirements

• Gateway is tailored to work on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices supporting HTML5.
  • Gateway has been verified to operate on recent versions of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. It may work on earlier versions of these browsers. It does not work on Internet Explorer 8 or earlier.
  • Gateway requires the use of cookies.
  • Gateway requires the use of Javascript.

Login Issues

You must log in to a Perfect World account to use Gateway. If you don't have one, you will have to create one first. If you have a Cryptic account, but not a Perfect World account, you will need to create a Perfect World account and link it to your Cryptic account before using Gateway.

Click here to create a new account or link an existing account.

Click here for more information on account linking.

Cookie Usage

• A cookie is used to keep track of your session while you using Gateway. This is a "session cookie" and is not kept after you leave the page.
  • A second, persistent cookie is also used by Account Guard to determine if the particular browser install is authorized for use with your account. This cookie contains no account information.

Known Issues

• Gateway does not work on Internet Explorer 8 or earlier.
  • Character changes that occur in the client are not immediately updated on the web. You must log out and back in to see the changes.
  • Pictures of bridge officers do not show the officer in their chosen stance.
  • Pictures of ships do not show additions or changes that come from equipment (e.g. Borg equipment, etc.)
  • Though Gateway uses the language preferred by your browser, there is some text that is not yet translated. Gateway supports the same languages Star Trek Online does: English, German, and French.
  • Some players may see their shuttle instead of their ship -- a fix is in the pipeline that will have the Gateway always show your ship.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• keepcalmkeepcalm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, first bug, I guess. Can't use the gateway. I enter the username and password, get in to the one time code. I copy that over from my email and it immediately disconnects claiming to be down for maintenance. I try again, get prompted to enter the one time code, get disconnected. Recent version of Firefox, cookies and javascript are both enabled, just ... can't use this. Tested on two machines, same results.
    "The halfling way of battle is simple: You jump on their face and keep stabbing until the screaming stops."
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i think i find a bug too:
    here is a picture of it
    my ship's hull is not 10000. the standard for Mirror Universe Reconnaissance Science Vessel is 28500.
    the crew is not 449 but 500.
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • phaserriflephaserrifle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think there's something wrong with the traits bar, as nothing comes up for either of my characters.
  • othetothet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ooooo! I don't like this one bit! Sending user Name and Password over a non-secure site! What happened Cryptic you didn't make this mistake when it was on Tribble?:eek:
  • szioulszioul Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Won't show my actual ship. Keeps thinking my shuttle is my primary ship. Wasn't able to get it to show anything else, but small craft after shuffling them around in-game.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Noticed it's a known bug, with a fix incoming. Can't delete post though.
  • ocholivisocholivis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just FYI.

Trying to use it from my Nokia Lumia 900 (Windows Phone 7.5, mobile Internet Explorer), and after entering username/password it's just stuck on "Accessing Player Files. Please wait..."

This may go along with the the whole "Not working for Internet Explorer 8 or earlier", but it is different than those. I'm using the mobile version of Internet Explorer 9.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Apart for being disconnected constantly due to "being down for maintenance". After I logged in and selected my KDF toon things looked good.

Interface changed to red per KDF theme. However after being disconnected and returned to the login screen, the login screen bars at top and bottom of screen, and the border around the login box remain red whilst the rest of the login screen is themed for feds with blue.

Only a minor thing but it either needs to go back to completely fed themed or do a whole KDF theme (change background to something KDF plus login button and beta word colours).

The mish mash of both looks wrong
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f204/erad84/stogatewaybetathemebug.jpg

Using Firefox 17.0.1 on Win7.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Also, SSL needs to be implemented on the login screen. Don't like sending my game login details unencrypted over the net considering how much $$ I've put into this game.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • dracos84dracos84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Haveing a problem loging in, just keeps saying accessing secure personnel files please wait. Dont know what elsa I can really do. Any ideas anyone?
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A character is listed in Gateway that is not listed in Game. I think I is a copy of my very first character before I renamed him. He is only level 1.
  • southrendsouthrend Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's not working on the following combinations (more to come, I've got multiple setups at home):
    OS: Windows 7 64-bit (6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601)
    Browser: IE9

Browser: IE9 Mobile

Each and every time the same message: "Disconnected. Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later"

This is happening for months, see my posts in the tribble gateway test.
  • patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bugs i found:

a) a strange Character named "Oyalshong" which i never created shows up.
    It has no Picture, no ship, no nothing

b) Boff Powers are shuffled. Would be nice if they show up in correct order and not usable poweres dimmed like ingame.

c) Hargh'Peng Torpedo pic missing. It shoes only a white image.

d) please, use SSL. Certs are cheap or maybe even use a selfsigned one.

e) give us an option(!) to disable the Account Guard completely.
    That has nothning to do with security. Use SSL and force a halfway good user password (minimum x-lenght, lower case and uppercase, minium x-numbers)
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No traits show on my Captain and BOffs
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It doesn't work with IE10... it just hangs on the login screen... and you have to run the browser in compatibility mode to get the login screen to display to begin with ...
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
    edited December 2012
    ocholivis wrote: »
    e) give us an option(!) to disable the Account Guard completely.
    That has nothning to do with security. Use SSL ...

No. It has everything to do with security.

SSL only guarantees the data between the client browser and the server. Who's to say the client browser isn't being used by someone other than you?
    That's what account guard is for. Confirms with you via an email address only you should have access to that someone is attempting to login with your credentials on another device/browser.
    Otherwise if I was to obtain your STO login details via nasty means, I'd have unfettered access to your STO account without your knowledge.
    Considering there was a database breach at Cryptic a while ago, these days passwords by themselves aren't the best or only solution for authentication no matter how complicated the password is.
    Whilst a pain, 2 factor authentication solves this problem.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok I had some issues logging in....it took a while to load....which is fine....but it would constantly give me the diconnected from gateway thing.....sometimes i could still interact inthe gateway anywise even after clicking the popup...other times it would send me back to the login screen.

Now ok the function looks neat....i can see my currently equiped ship and my capatian and crew....but thats about it....was htis supposed ot let us access duty officers? if so...that isnt happening....

Looks like a good way for me to show others my stuff or print things out....but aside from that not sure how i might use it....

Is there goign to be an optiont o look other players up?

If not...oh well

If so....that might be interetsing....I recall before perfect world there was a way to acess data on other players to see their ship and characters....and see what missions they did...

Maybe that should get implemented again..

Nothing more amusing then reading someone gloating about doing something....looking them up and finding out they power leveled their character and never ever did what they said they did or better still finding out they had supe rlow level characters while they complained about no end game content....

ANd it was even better when you point it out on their message threads....

ah the good old days...

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

edited December 2012
    No. It has everything to do with security.
    I know what SSL stands for.
    As long as you are sending critical data in plaintext, there simply is no security.

I can imagine that its far easier to find a way to bypass that AG than to crack a GOOD encrypted pw.

There is actually an easy way to disable AG, but it seems to be resetted once in a while.

BtT:
    Gateway don't work with my Android Tablet at all
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9069/zorenagroundstuff.png
    Think this one could be made abit better overall. Max character don't need the info about skillpoints or next rank and such.
    Noone.
  • selbok1selbok1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I logged into the gateway just now and it says I have three characters, but I only have one federation and one Klingon character. The third one is a federation character. I do not recognise the name of the character. It could be this was one created when I originally did a trial when the game first came out.

When I log into the game through the client I only have my two characters so I am not sure why this one is here.
    edited December 2012
    patientnr0 wrote: »
    I know what SSL stands for.
    Don't recall saying you didn't.
    As long as you are sending critical data in plaintext, there simply is no security.

I can imagine that its far easier to find a way to bypass that AG than to crack a GOOD encrypted pw.
    I agree with you that SSL needs to be happening, but with 2 factor authentication, even without SSL there's still SOME level of security as an attacker would also have to have access to your email account as well to be able to do anything with your login details as the browser/game client would have to be verified first before they could proceed.
    That's the beauty of 2 factor authentication! :)
    There is actually an easy way to disable AG, but it seems to be resetted once in a while.
    Why on earth you'd what to disable it is beyond me. Unless you play from a different PC every single time and never return to the same one again, it could get annoying. If disabled it's just one less hurdle for an attacker to get into your account. But that's your prerogative :)
    As someone that's obviously concerned about their account security I'd have thought you'd understand that.

Anyway, until the gateway has SSL, security for the site is at least halved. Please rectify this Cryptic!
    AFMJGUR.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Unless you play from a different PC every single time and never return to the same one again, it could get annoying.

I use 2. One for gaming, one for Browsing, Store etc, and AG don't remember one of them.
    Yesterday i had to approve 2 times on my Laptop - no changes made, no reboot, not closed my browser, same IP. Just logged out (first activation) and some time later in (second). It happens quite often -not every time! - on my Laptop, not so on my PC.

I'm really not a great believer in this AG. I for myself just don't need it - yet ;)

Sorry, my english isn't very good
  • ufpmonkeyufpmonkey Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Have attempted multiple times via multiple devices to login, but can never get passed the "attempting to connect" page after submiting user name and password.

Attempts made with:
    • - Internet Explorer 9 (as well as in compatibility mode)
    • - Internet Explorer 10 (Desktop Mode)
    • - Internet Explorer 10 app (Windows 8)
    • - Windows Phone 7.5 IE Browser
    • - Windows Phone 8 IE Browser

Have yet to see what it looks like on the inside.

{UFP} ClearyMonkey
    Rear Admiral, United Federation of Planets
    www.ufplanets.com
  • drozzl1drozzl1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ocholivis wrote: »
    Just FYI.

Trying to use it from my Nokia Lumia 900 (Windows Phone 7.5, mobile Internet Explorer), and after entering username/password it's just stuck on "Accessing Player Files. Please wait..."

This may go along with the the whole "Not working for Internet Explorer 8 or earlier", but it is different than those. I'm using the mobile version of Internet Explorer 9.

I am having the same issue, same setup but with an HTC Titan II (Windows Mobile 7.5).
  • ddelgadilloddelgadillo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Changed costume from winter coat to uniform, but won't show change when logging in to Gateway. Tried logging out and re-logging in. On some ships shows small craft when main ship active.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For me , every single time I go on it, and that has been many times dor about a week. It keeps saying there is server mantaince. BUT it is not straighy away that my experience is thwarted by this message. I log on and choose my main character and then it loads ... And THEN the message comes and makes me go back to the log in screen. Anyne having this or any problems with the STOG?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • thewhisperedthewhispered Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It will not show what my toon has on E.g. Armour, Shield, Weapons, Kits or Devices. It is also not updating my outfit to match that I have the Winter Jacket on.
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The only issue i have is that it doesn't show my equipment,

but everything else works, gateway looks awesome looking forward to seeing more.
  • chrisroarkchrisroark Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Anyone lose Sarlaf? He's listed among my characters. 'Never heard of him.

I'm having trouble loading cannons on my defiant retrofit. Where do I report that?
    Thanks, C
  • kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited December 2012
    Will we be able to make purchases through this gateway?

A lot of us are suffering from the level 10+ bug and at least this gateway clearly outlines our character's rank so we can make appropriate purchases. If it is possible I'm not able.
    May good management be with you.
This discussion has been closed.