test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

Comments

• blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yeah just disable account guard. seems like more trouble than its worth, i always see people biching about it, but i disabled it the second i heard about it, and haven't had any login issues at all.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    Based on the Account Guard FAQ link, the PC identifier being used is the Computer Name (for Windows PC's). Unfortunately this identifier is easy to change for would-be hackers, so I don't know how much security it actually provides.

No, that's just how it lists it under the list of authorized devices. It's purely for your benefit, rather than just showing you the arcane looking identifier string it would use. This is why when you have the option to rename what your computer or browser is listed as in the Account Guard, and you can change it to something that doesn't match what you actually have.

The FAQ doesn't say exactly how it identifies it, but for a computer, it could be anything from your MAC address, to some sort of unique OS identifier key, and for browsers, it's likely a cookie.
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i do have a bug to report:

Gateway was supposed to be patched today, yet it doesn't appear to have any of the features listed in today's patch notes

no fleet anything, no sounds on mouse-over, none of that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    i do have a bug to report:

Gateway was supposed to be patched today, yet it doesn't appear to have any of the features listed in today's patch notes

no fleet anything, no sounds on mouse-over, none of that

11pm

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=516561
    Kalek shel'tek!

edited January 2013
    blevok wrote: »

huh, when did that happen? the patches are usually 10AM server time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited January 2013
    huh, when did that happen? the patches are usually 10AM server time

Yesterday late afternoon, evening PST, IIRC.
  • rhysdeltarhysdelta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    still no sign of the fleet options
    Rhys Delta
    Head of Technical Services
    TaskForce Atlantis
    www.taskforceatlantis.com
    STO Forums Join Date: August 2009
    edited January 2013
    rhysdelta wrote: »
    still no sign of the fleet options

and sounds on mouse-over is only applying for the initial login button, none of the others are doing this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Only ever got into it once after it was just announced, now it always says closed for maintenance. Just tried again, asked for the one time code again LOL and then said same thing, closed for maintenance.

Got that myself a few minutes ago.

I just need to get in there once, to press the 'opt-out' button.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited January 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Got that myself a few minutes ago.

I just need to get in there once, to press the 'opt-out' button.

i've been in, i've seen the builds of others. it's pretty cool. i see it as a novelty/curiosity/learning experience. i'm not going to use it to try to get a leg up on certain pvp players.

but if you want to opt out, the button is not in the gateway, it's in-game. there is no dishonor in doing so...
    Kalek shel'tek!

• phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Chrome just an socket error or something.... of course I didn't write it down... now it says "Star Trek Online is currently down" I get that more often than not.

EDIT: this happens after a time out... then it says its down for a few minutes.
    edited January 2013
    Chrome just an socket error or something.... of course I didn't write it down... now it says "Star Trek Online is currently down" I get that more often than not.

EDIT: this happens after a time out... then it says its down for a few minutes.

a few minutes has turned into a few days

figured they'd take Gateway down then leave the office for the weekend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been getting same message all day.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • jwarren1101jwarren1101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Every single time I've ever tried to use the gateway, it says "Currently Undergoing Maintenance". This has been going on for weeks. What's the deal??
    edited January 2013
    Every single time I've ever tried to use the gateway, it says "Currently Undergoing Maintenance". This has been going on for weeks. What's the deal??

firstly, it is a beta

second, they took it down shortly before leaving the office and never bothered finishing the work

overtime Gateway-gents, overtime ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    firstly, it is a beta

second, they took it down shortly before leaving the office and never bothered finishing the work

overtime Gateway-gents, overtime ;)

I agree this is a Beta version of a feature but it is now Tuesday and it's till down for maintenance...when is it coming back up?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • epicninja15epicninja15 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just recently became VA (Vice Admiral) and I was really having fun but then a bug came up and it lags for a couple of minutes and then disconnects now I thought this was a normal issue so I didn't really care about it but then I realized that I couldn't even start the Launcher so I Restarted the computer and the game started fine and then the same problem occurred.

Note:this has never happened before so I would most definitively appreciate anything you could do

Sincerely,Slick
  • shmoopy2shmoopy2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    why is the game crashing over and over again ? its driving me mad . it says : fatal error or something like that and closes.
    please reply soon
  • jfbironjfbiron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    when in sector space and during space combat mission, even if my bridge officers are on post on the appropriate console, at first all the powers were gone, like any of my officers had some, the little cells beside their names down on the console bar on the hub were empty, and then, after entering a system for a mission, that bar just dissapeared !! I went to the options, where you can modify the view screen, and nothing was hidden, everything was at the right place, so I don't understand what happened ?!

please answer me asap
  • crypticpozcrypticpoz Cryptic Developers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Those of you who have been trying the Gateway Beta know that it's been a rough week. There was a big problem last week and felt it was safest to keep Gateway off until this week's update window. My apologies for not communicating that here.

But now we're back online and we're working hard on fixing the problems as soon as we see them. We truly appreciate the feedback you're giving and appreciate the perseverance it takes to use a beta service.

Account Guard: Gateway handles Account Guard a little bit differently than the web site does. It was indeed keyed in part to your IP address. Obviously, this was causing problems and the 25 Jan update should have fixed that issue. You may need to give Account Guard one more code, but after that you should be good for 30 days. If you are not, let us know.

"Currently undergoing maintenance": Over the last week, this was true. It is also the default error message when "something bad happens" on the server or with your browser. Many times, reloading the page will work fine. It shouldn't happen over and over again. If it does, let us know. Don't forget to tell us the browser you're using! And if it happens every time you look at a certain character, give us the character name too.

Thanks again for working with us on Gateway!
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My safari browser can't log in.
    I just get the blue bar lights after submitting my information
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I tried to get in message said down \

I have tried several times on AOL takes forever
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tried to log into Gateway on both my laptop, running Google Chrome, and my IPod, which I believe uses Safari.

In both cases, I got a "Star Trek Online is currently down. Please check back later!"
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, it's down yet again...looks like it was soon after the dev post. :confused:

For the brief time it was up, it would keep logging me out saying that it was going into maintenance (even though I could refresh and verify it wasn't the case). I use Google Chrome.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • crypticpozcrypticpoz Cryptic Developers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We had an outage starting about 18 hours ago until now. We've been able to fix it and once again Gateway is operational.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not for iPhones atm
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Not for iPhones atm

Same thing for me and The Ipod. I am able to enter my login information, but it just beeps and then is stuck. Doesn't get past the login screen.

Haven't checked on my laptop (which again uses a different browser). Will do that and edit later.

edit: Just checked using Chrome. Got the same thing I got before "Star Trek Online is currently down"
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok, so I have no probem logging in on my laptop with firefox.

But, it appears that all KDF Boffs show as Science Boffs (blue icon), their description is correct.

The ship info keeps being the same for any ship (10k hull hitpoints, ...).

It looks like some of the accolades are having wrong pictures linked to them:
    - Marshall (KDF Tier 4 Military track)
    - KDF Tier 4 Medical track

(I'd add others, but the gateway just went offline)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have kept on trying for over a mouth to get on ... WITHOUT SUCCESS!
    I tried it on my IE9 , and recently on my new HTC phone! And you may be asking, What is stopping you?"
    Well .. it says loading ... Then every time ... SERVER CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE Am I the only person with these happenings or is it a problem out there too!?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    I have kept on trying for over a mouth to get on ... WITHOUT SUCCESS!
    I tried it on my IE9 , and recently on my new HTC phone! And you may be asking, What is stopping you?"
    Well .. it says loading ... Then every time ... SERVER CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE Am I the only person with these happenings or is it a problem out there too!?

Simply refreshing the page worked for me. (firefox, though)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
This discussion has been closed.