here guys i hope it'll work fine :)

no..it still doesnt work.. =(:(
  • wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited December 2012
    theodun wrote: »
    no..it still doesnt work.. =(:(
    \

No worky for me either.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • falconbladesfalconblades Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here is my exact problem okay.

So it says "trying to connect to launcher, please be patient, tried connecting 1 time" and then it says "tried connecting 2 times" and that patch error pops up with that old message "the patch-client got a message while in a state with no response function" and that 9.3 MB manual launcher download worked except it stopped working on the 21st of December when the new patch arrived and now it doesn't work and I cant find my "directory" because i have windows XP not windows 7 so instead I have a "archive" and I don't know what to do with that and that link that's 2 posts above me doesn't work so what i'm saying is we need that guy to upload the 21st of December version of that 9.4 MB launcher because that 3.2 MB thing didn't work for me.

PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU! UPLOAD THAT UPDATE!
  • raistalionraistalion Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if this will help but I was having trouble logging in as people have previously mentioned. Anyway I was using that Hotspot Shield thing but decided to have a look at something else instead.

I went into my PWE account and reset the Browser Safeguard and Computer Safeguard part of the Account Safeguard (Delete the computer the client is registered for and get it to send you a new email-code etc), figuring that that's probably whats causing the issue as it hasn't updated to an IP change or something.

Anyways, its worked for me and now I cn log on normally once again.

- Raith
  • glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    THIS LATEST WAS THE SAME I HAD AND DOES NOT WORK!
    I THOUGHT THE 1ST POST HERE WAS THE LATEST, I WAS WRONG! 1st post needs to be EDITED/UPDATED! It is NOT the DEC 13th version it is Nov 27th version!

SOLUTION was Different Cryptic Game Launcher
    Please see my Forum Post Reply:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7206911&postcount=41
    _ File Name: Star Trek Online.exe
    _ File Version: 2012.12.20.650
    _ Internal Name: CL_2012_12_20_06_50

BELOW DID NOT WORK:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5610261&postcount=1
    _ File Name: Star Trek Online.exe
    _ File Version: 2012.11.27.1759
    _ Internal Name: CL_2012_11_27_17_59

HOWEVER, the post here titled "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem"
    Specifically reply #35 has the solution:
    eskiss766 wrote: »
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bb7ms4s0253bti7
    here guys i hope it'll work fine :)
  • grishgartgrishgart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello,

when your launcher hangs at patching and nothing happens(after your client crashed), you should close the launcher and look at your task manager if a cryptic process is running. There is sometimes a running process(i.e. game client that was not killed properly) that blocks the launcher from accessing the .patch folder.
  • k1rkspockk1rkspock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ga1en wrote: »
    Hi there. I've seen a lot of people having problems launching the game due to a Cryptic Autoupdater problem with the launcher. For some people replacing thier current launcher with a working copy of the latest worked to get them out of the Autoupdate problem. This may be a solution.

This is the latest version of the launcher as of December 13

From Media Fire file sharing site:

Updated Star Trek Launcher in 7zip format. 3.7mb

Updated Star Trek Launcher actual file. 9.4mb

From Upurload file sharing site as of Dec 13

Updated Star Trek Launcher in 7zip format. 3.7mb

Updated Star Trek Launcher actual file. 9.4mb

Simply download either the 4mb 7zip file and extract to your ST Online directory or download the 9.4 mb uncompressed file and copy to your ST Online directory.

If you don't know where the directory is but use a desktop shortcut, right click on the shortcut and select "open file location" to go to the directory.

Hopefully this will fix your autoupdate problem.

Another thing you can try is renaming the .patch directory in the Star Trek Online/Live directory to something else like "old .patch".

That directory contains all the patch data for the launcher. Removing it worked for some people, but i prefer to rename so i can easily restore things back to before i was fooling around.

This actually worked for me as well after a crash resulted in the launcher coming up but being stuck in the patching... part without it ever patching.

One last thing you can do is change your IP if you are using a dynamic IP.

The easiest way to change your IP is to turn off your modem and router for around 5-10 minutes.

To check if your IP changed first go to the website What is my IP.

Then turn off the modem and router if any.

Note that the modem and router must be turned off as in no power to the items. Simply flicking the on/off switch works for most modems but routers usually have to be unplugged. There should be no lights showing on both items.

Wait 5-10 minutes and turn everything back on.

Then check the site again to see if your IP changed. If not try it again as sometimes you get the same IP address.

If it changed try STO and see if it can update.

If this fails, the other thing to try is to turn off your modem and routers for around 8 hours then turn them on again and check to see it the IP changed.

If you do download the files, please post to say if it worked or not. I'd like to know.

Final note: If this works, make a new folder called Latest launcher and copy both the launcher and the .patch directory into it. This way if the problem hits you again you can easily do the workaround again.

In the past week I had this problem hit me three times. The first 2 times it fixed itself after trying to run the game a few times. The third time I lost a day and had to go onto the net and the forums to gather data to resolve my problem. This is the result.

If anyone else had the Autoupdate problem and were able to resolve it please drop a post as I'd like to see if we can consolidate all the potential workarounds into a single post so people won't have to keep making new threads on the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

ok guys! I've finally found a simple but effective solution!!!

I tried everything mentioned above, nothing worked... :(

But then I found...

The problem IS your internet connection!!!

I just connected to the internet using my phone(used as a modem, 3G network) it downloads about 5mb of data... Login using your perfect world account & Password...

When it starts to patch I disconnect my phone and connect using broadband (I have a limited data plan on my phone)... the patch resumes in 5 secs... an voila! FIXED!!!

I hope this helps... just try different internet connections for logging in... :)
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi all and sorry about the delay in updating my post. Guild Wars 2 and Christmas parties kinda sucked all my time.

I'll be uploading the Dec 20 launcher ASAP and I am currently updating right now. In the meantime eskiss776's upload does work in case you need it now. That is the same launcher that i will be uploading.

I downloaded that launcher and tried it on another computer and it does indeed work and lets the launcher update past the autoupdate problem.

Will keep you posted on when I finish the update and upload the new launchers.

Edit: Update completed and the mediafire files have been updataed to the Dec 20 version.

Edit 2: I keep getting timeouts whenever i upload to upurload and have been ever since i started on that file sharing site so i am giving up on that site as it is a hassle to constantly try to upload a single file and have to wait 10 to 15 minutes before it either timeouts or actually uploads the file.

Sorry for all those relying on it but it is too annoying to do so.
  • eskiss766eskiss766 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for keeping this post update o>
  • kursukovkursukov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks a lot ! Again & again & again.

Please Perfect World, give us a permanent upToDate ftp/http link to that 3 Mb .exe
    (are you a PW Team Members ?)
  • s1hunters1hunter Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    guys.can anyone upload the 3rd January launcher please? any help would be appreciated :)
    edited January 2013
    My launcher patched today so I am uploading the launcher that patched. The current version is the 2012.12.21.319 while the old Dec 20 version is the 2012.12.20.650.

Postscriptum: No I am not a PW Team Member, just a concerned player and Trek Fan.
  • capodicaporollercapodicaporoller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Been looking on google for 3 months now for the fix and found it
    YOU ARE THE MAN!:D:D:D:D
  • s1hunters1hunter Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks a lot ga1en .You have helped me for the fourth time .Im very grateful m8 :) n thanks a lot again :)
  • fauxgreyfauxgrey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ah, once again, my launcher stops working, just after closing the game too. This is about the 5th time I've had to use your launcher, and now, it works again after replacing the file. Thanks.
    Only a fool seeks meaning from a bowl of oatmeal.
  • falconbladesfalconblades Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OH THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU! IM CRYING!, AFTER 3 MONTHS OF BEING WORRIED SICK THAT ID NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AGAIN, IM FREAKIN CRYING!!!! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU! you are my hero!
  • dutchmandodutchmando Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My launcher patched today so I am uploading the launcher that patched. The current version is the 2012.12.21.319 while the old Dec 20 version is the 2012.12.20.650.

Postscriptum: No I am not a PW Team Member, just a concerned player and Trek Fan.

So where is the link to the latest copy of the launcher?
    edited January 2013
    @dutchmando Go to the first post of this thread. I keep that post updated with the latest launcher along with the info.

@falconblades You are very welcome. It's people like you that I made this thread for.

Being unable to play because of a launcher bug is very frustrating to fans of this game. I know, I was hit by that bug around 4 times. Fortunately I have a backup of my current launcher somewhere on my computer so I've been able to recover so far, but not all people are as fortunate.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    @dutchmando Go to the first post of this thread. I keep that post updated with the latest launcher along with the info.

@falconblades You are very welcome. It's people like you that I made this thread for.

Being unable to play because of a launcher bug is very frustrating to fans of this game. I know, I was hit by that bug around 4 times. Fortunately I have a backup of my current launcher somewhere on my computer so I've been able to recover so far, but not all people are as fortunate.

I've actually edited out those links as they are not official links. Please use this thread going forward: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

The link to the launcher that thread is always the latest as that .exe is updated anytime we update the launcher. Thanks for your support in helping fellow players! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.