test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

EV Suit Problems

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
I am having problems activating my EV suit on the Tholian mission. I purchased a used EV suit on the D short. I put it on my character, and activate it. The icon shows activity when I click on it, but I die as soon as I leave the protected zone. I suspect I am not using it correctly or the second hand EV suit does not work in this location.

Can you help me please?
Post edited by indyshark on

Comments

• Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You may need to "enable visuals" on the suit for it to work.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I find the -only- way to make it work is to activate it by the additional power button attached to your powerbar/abilities bar when wearing the an EV suit. While you can toggle on/off suit visuals, this usually doesn't work at all for me (in terms of protection).

Are you certain your not confusing the toggle option in the character UI with the actual action button on the abilities bar/powerbar? Which icon shows activity?
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    there were issues on tribble with random ev suits/characters. I hoped they had fixed that - thought i saw a patch note to that effect.

Make sure you have equipped the ev suit in the usual armor slot, enable visuals. and then on your action bar click the new button on the top right to activate your suit.

I did notice another issue today though - I was wearing my orange suit from the Mining opening weekend, and got a nice blue EV suit as a reward from one of the tholian easy missions. Well I equipped the new suit and rather than swapping out the orange ev suit it either changed the stats (didnt notice them on the original suit to be honest) or just disappeared. It was no longer in my inventory and my character was still wearing the orange suit (green quality) rather than a blue quality suit.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks all. I got it to work. I am not sure why. I did the same thing, but at least it works now!
  • Options
    mhirtescmhirtesc Member Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    indyshark wrote: »
    Thanks all. I got it to work. I am not sure why. I did the same thing, but at least it works now!

I'm having the same problem. None of the reward suits are activating for me (only the junky old pre-owned suit you buy for 100 Dil will turn on).

I've tried relogging. I've tried swapping suits around. I've tried turning Visuals on and off. I've even launched the game under a Force Verify to make sure the patch was correct. No other suit aside from the junky one will turn on (yes, I've even tried to Discard the junky suit and hoped that would correct things. It didn't).

I'm really concerned about this because if there's a future patch were there's gonna be some more ev suiting, my game is officially screwed. :(
  • Options
    fortmaster3fortmaster3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I can't get any EV suit to work, i've tried a bunch, they just refuse to activate :/
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1) Shouldn't bump posts more than 1 month old.

2) Equip the Suit in your Armor slot and then click on the button on the Toolbar.

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.