What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Latest Copy of the Star Trek Online Launcher

Comments

• Options
    ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The Media fire Dec 6 launchers are now available.

The Upurload files are also available.
  • Options
    q815163q815163 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    none of the new launchers are working for me. I have tried some of the other fixes I have found for this but none of them work for me as well.
  • Options
    jferiojferio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for this. It got me to where I can patch the XP machine, rather than being stuck on being unable to get the launcher to update and timing out.
  • Options
    kursukovkursukov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ga1en wrote: »
    If you do download the files, please post to say if it worked or not. I'd like to know.

It work's. Thank you so much :cool:
  • Options
    maxwellwyntermaxwellwynter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is really getting annoying, I've tried everything that I have found for other people that has worked, but nothing for me. I'm really getting sick of trying to play this game and not being able to log on every other time I launch the stupid thing. They really need to get this fixed!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I feel ya maxwellwynter. Nothing is working for me at this time as well. I'm about to the point to go back to playing Allods.

I just put some money into this game to get my hands on a Vesta 3 pack to have a nice ship and now it's looking to be nothing but a wast of money. I'm thinking everything will be back to normal AFTER this winter event is over. Don't want to many people getting there hands on any 'free' ship after all.
  • Options
    sailor12001sailor12001 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's hit-and-miss for me. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it doesn't. When I do get in-game, I'm COMPLETELY lagged to the point I can't do ANYTHING.
  • Options
    philip61philip61 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    this is not working for days tried everything there is no fix the launcher dont work new or old

its time for sto to fix this problem asap or people are going to leave

if they don't fix this in 48 hours and do compensation will face book pwe and sto as worst mmo in history for poor customer server

and as i said before if you paid life time membership for this mmo they will close and run away like they did in swg star wars galaxies they took lost people money then closed all servers

world know fact

time to go back to eve

and so people know its no the people computer the problem its sto and pwe bad launcher and bad last update
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    philip61 wrote: »
    this is not working for days tried everything there is no fix the launcher dont work new or old

if they don't fix this in 48 hours and do compensation will face book pwe and sto as worst mmo in history for poor customer server

and as i said before if you paid life time membership for this mmo they will close and run away like they did in swg star wars galaxies they took lost people money then closed all servers

world know fact

time to go back to eve

and so people know its no the people computer the problem its sto and pwe bad launcher and bad last update

Wow...and a one post wonder knows so much about computer programming that he can ascertain that it's not a person's computer configuration.

Translation of the above post: "I'm going to make bad press for PWE because even though they've come up with a solution that works for some, they didn't make MY PERSONAL COPY of STO work so I'm going to TRIBBLE all over their game!!"

Learn about how computers work before posting such threats and drivel, eh? What works for one setup may not work for another, that's why tech support and engineering takes information for those that aren't working, tries to find a common denominator, then works on a fix for those still having the issue.

If you're still having the issue after the fix, send in a ticket to tech support with your dxdiag and hijackthis logs--pretty much like TS asks everyone else to do. They can't do much for those that it's not working for if they don't have the information to come up with a fix.

PC games don't have magic button solutions. They do, however, have thousands and thousands of lines of code. You try something, if it works, great. If not, you gather data on why it didn't work, and you design another fix. It's not something they can necessarily do at the snap of a finger.

Give them SOME credit: they came up with a partial fix. Just because it didn't fix YOUR issue doesn't mean that you should go and make all sorts of bad press for them.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Wow...and a one post wonder knows so much about computer programming that he can ascertain that it's not a person's computer configuration.

Translation of the above post: "I'm going to make bad press for PWE because even though they've come up with a solution that works for some, they didn't make MY PERSONAL COPY of STO work so I'm going to TRIBBLE all over their game!!"

Learn about how computers work before posting such threats and drivel, eh? What works for one setup may not work for another, that's why tech support and engineering takes information for those that aren't working, tries to find a common denominator, then works on a fix for those still having the issue.

If you're still having the issue after the fix, send in a ticket to tech support with your dxdiag and hijackthis logs--pretty much like TS asks everyone else to do. They can't do much for those that it's not working for if they don't have the information to come up with a fix.

PC games don't have magic button solutions. They do, however, have thousands and thousands of lines of code. You try something, if it works, great. If not, you gather data on why it didn't work, and you design another fix. It's not something they can necessarily do at the snap of a finger.

Give them SOME credit: they came up with a partial fix. Just because it didn't fix YOUR issue doesn't mean that you should go and make all sorts of bad press for them.

i am a senior systems engineer with 23 years of experience so i have all the right to post and since i also pay for zen so keep your childish comment to your self

fix my issue its not just me mr half glass's over there have you notice that lots people got the same problem

the point here is pwe and sto need fix the dam problem asap or undo the last patch
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wow, so if you're a "senior systems engineer" like you claim you are, then you should understand that fixing a problem isn't as easy as the drop of a hat and would understand that since computers have different configurations, what works for one setup may not work for another.

You build a fix, gather data for the systems that aren't working for that fix, and refine that fix. That's what an engineer would actually do, instead of rant about what doesn't work.

I don't need a fancy degree or years of experience to tell that much.

In other words, use the experience and intelligence you have instead of going off on a rant because your particular issue hasn't been fixed. Otherwise, I don't buy a second of it.

Your zen comment has been summarily ignored because it doesn't matter a whit. For the record, I buy zen for this game too.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    ok guys here is the link to solve the launcher problem

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4341

just follow that very close

just a thought too guys and girls i installed fresh copy and right now i am patching
  • Options
    ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi all!

The first post is updated to the December 13 version of the launcher.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    the Dec 13 launcher is still not working for me.
  • Options
    tolarivtolariv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    .. but I managed to figure out why it was crashing:

I had the game installed on a VFAT Partition still and not on NTFS .. the problem is that one of the files in the piggs subdirectory of the game has gotten to be >4GB --> which means the game can no longer be installed on a VFAT (FAT32) partition but only NTFS (or exFat,..).

maybe this helps someone else (the launcher just silently crashes and it took me trying to copy the files from another pc to realize what the problem was)
  • Options
    mspears75503amspears75503a Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    philip61 wrote: »

world know fact

time to go back to eve

Phillip. It's NOT CRYPTIC'S FAULT, actually.

Cogent does their hosting.

One of Cogent's servers has failed (as revealed by a TRACERT).

Thus, it's COGENT'S fault, NOT CRYPTIC'S. (Champions Online is down too, for the same reason.) All Cryptic can do is wait for Cogent to get their s**t together.

Here's a sample from a TRACERT that I ran:

Tracing route to www.startrekonline.com [208.95.185.44]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms 10.100.210.1
    2 8 ms 10 ms 8 ms 192.168.6.73
    3 12 ms 12 ms 13 ms 192.168.101.53
    4 30 ms 13 ms 11 ms xe-11-2-0.edge9.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.59.118.25]

5 13 ms 16 ms 11 ms ae-33-80.car3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.145.133]

6 13 ms 11 ms 12 ms COGENT-COMM.car3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.68.110.11
    0]
    7 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr21.dfw01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .7.37]
    8 29 ms 31 ms 22 ms te0-3-0-6.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .46.201]
    9 66 ms 67 ms 67 ms te0-4-0-3.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .6.157]
    10 56 ms 53 ms 53 ms te0-0-0-5.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .42.254]
    11 54 ms 53 ms 54 ms te4-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.25
    4]
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
  • Options
    stnatestnate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here we go again...played the game just fine at like 6:30 tonight (Dec. 20, 2012), and went to play it again at about 7:15 and it wouldnt update the launcher again. SO, i ran the nettest thing, and port 7255 timed out.

I know that the 7255 port is what the patch server uses, however, i have port forwarding enabled on that port, so why it's timed out is beyond me...

Hopefully someone has a working exe and will be willing to share once agian...
  • Options
    zsorinezsorine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hit me as well. I had no problems late evening. Now tonight it just gets to attempt 2 on the autoupdater and then errors out. Tried all the fixes other than leaving the router and modem offline for 8+ hours to hope for a new IP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    s1hunters1hunter Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi guys ,can anyone upload the yesterdays update pls?
  • Options
    tahlahrrhavostahlahrrhavos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi! I download the updated launcher and still not working. Also tried the other one posted as well. Have been trying a few hrs now trying to get it to work :mad:
  • Options
    goodoleboy01goodoleboy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm having the same problem again, this is the 4th or 5th time! I've tried downloading the patcher from the link that Branflakes has earlier in the thread, and tried the OP's link in the first post. No Joy. I'm opening a ticket now....
  • Options
    falconbladesfalconblades Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I downloaded the 9 MB due to the error and it worked for a few days, now it just pops up with the launcher patcher instead of the launcher and I still get the message so lets say its not working anymore and i dont know how to do that thing with 3 MB because i have windows XP and i cant find the "directory"
  • Options
    nutluck69nutluck69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same problem none of the links or fixes again work. This is getting really old.
  • Options
    jontronajontrona Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Need a working patchclient again.
    The universe needs us... Please hurry!..

return of the same old problem:

"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"
  • Options
    theoduntheodun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Come on guys,this is like the 5th time this is happening .Can someone upload the latest Launcher plsss.
  • Options
    stnatestnate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    still nothing *sigh*
  • Options
    senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,267 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    numerous 3d3 err crashes with transfer from Home world to Q wonder land via the talk to Q macro.. numerous force verify with or without re-boot % is not good

crash doesn't happen same way every time..

experienced- some durning old ice race
    opening DOFF assignments
    open replicator..

none of the sound problems that were quickly fixed last year causing a error in ESD to Q
    Land .. Visual qualities great no direct visual .. but after each patch we've had eventual
    Tex Hogg corruption..

try to force verify after every patch and pick toons already extablished in Wonderland.
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • Options
    eskiss766eskiss766 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bb7ms4s0253bti7
    here guys i hope it'll work fine :)
  • Options
    slvrbldeslvrblde Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    eskiss766 wrote: »
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bb7ms4s0253bti7
    here guys i hope it'll work fine :)

Thanks a lot :D that worked :)
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2012
    Aye, it worked and now I have a new program (new to me anyway) to decompress files!

Thank you for sharing. :D
This discussion has been closed.