test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Latest Copy of the Star Trek Online Launcher

Comments

• nutluck69nutluck69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Your new file fixed my issue, thank you.

But it is sad that you can fix the issue when Cryptic can't be bothered to fix it. It will be a sad day if/when you ever stop playing cause that means after the next patch after that a lot of the rest of us will likely not have a choice but to not play as well. With no one like you around to fix STO for us, cause Cryptic can't be bothered.

No I'm not bitter why do you ask? :)
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You're welcome nutluck69. I seriously doubt that I will stop playing this as it's the only Star Trek game around.

You are right though that Cryptic can easily put thier latest launcher file up for download on thier site. I find it very strange that they do not as it is very easy to do.
    edited December 2012
    The files have been updated to the November 30 update. You can download them from the first post.
  • sailor12001sailor12001 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You, good sir, are my hero. I'm patching as we speak and should be in-game shortly.
  • s1hunters1hunter Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tyyyy :)))
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Reviving this thread because the bug is back... Anyone have the latest launcher update?

EDIT: I've done as the OP mentioned about .patch and the client, but that has failed to do anything. I wasn't aware my local modem had dynamic IP, but I'm just going to try it anyway.

Could someone update the launcher to tonight's patch and upload it tmr?

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is annoying...either you Cryptic or somebody else update the launcher or upload an uploaded recent one. I am not going to tolerate not being able to play this game because of this persistent problem. You guys ignore and ignore this problem and getting sick! It's disgusting how you guys ignore this problem. This is this: the launcher won't auto update and when threads this one show up you ignore and don't fix your problem I'm not the only one who has it so freaking fix it already so I can play the game. EIther upload a recent updated launcher or something or fix the patch server. :mad:
    edited December 2012
    At this point I'd suggest that you upload the updated launcher somewhere, or at least tell us what file is affected so that we can grab it off someone else...

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

• voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but I hope it is.

I am getting the same autoupdater problem. I tried renaming the .patch directory, it did not work, not only that, but now I can't rename it back, no matter what I do it says I have to enter a name or something.

I tried downloading and extracting the launcher file on the OP, and it also did nothing.

Now I am worried I messed something up with my game/client. I really hope I don't have to uninstall and reinstall the game, cause that takes up way too much time.
    edited December 2012
    Deleting the .patch folder really shouldn't do anything, as the launcher (when working) would create a new one if missing. Keep the renamed folder around, and when we fix the launcher problem and you have patching issues you can copy the contents over to the .patch folder.

I really don't understand where does this problem come from. It affects people at random, at best, or maybe touching only Oceanics? Does Cryptic have 2 server blocks that they take down in succession before patch night?

edited December 2012
    Cryptic! Wake the hell up! Fix the launcher!! Heck fix the whole darned game! We're waiting!
  • tholahrtholahr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hiya! I just started to have issues tonight. I was able to play today just fine but went to log on this evening is when I was having this issue. I download and installed the Nov 30 patch and still not working. I did the same thing as the Sept 13 patch and that one worked fine on install. Just can not get this one to work. I have deleted the old one and installed the new Nov 30 one and nothing. I have also check my ISP as suggested and still nothing. I have been try a couple hrs now and so looking for some help to get back into the game. :mad:
  • fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just fixed this by using the .patch method.
    edited December 2012
    Oh what a great idea. Didn't work. Not only that but I can't rename that folder back. :mad:
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

If you're still experiencing an issue with the launcher, can you please try downloading and using this launcher instead? http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

If you're still experiencing an issue with the launcher, can you please try downloading and using this launcher instead? http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Did NOT help me at all.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • tholahrtholahr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Works now thanks for that!
  • goodoleboy01goodoleboy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon, this worked for me!! Hopefully this is the start of Cryptic making sure the latest and greatest launcher is available from the website EVERY time it gets updated...

Also, I seem to have this problem about every other update, along with the inhabitants of this thread. Now that Q's elves are done making our awesome Christmas present, er, ship, could you point them in the direction of this bug and ask them to squash it?

Thanks for the help!!
    edited December 2012
    Hell yes this works.

Though I'm really really really puzzled as to why this is even happening. And its only on my winXP computer. Just where is the bug coming from? oO

• edixaedixa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Admiral Brandon, your efforts today have saved many lives.
    Your specially engineered damping field has successfully compensated the sporadic subspace anomaly in question.
    Special commendations will be sent to Starfleet with cc to section 31.
    .Tuvok out.
  • nutluck69nutluck69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok that worked for me, last time i tired to download link you guys had posted it didn't work. This time this one did. Thanks.
  • maxwell84romaxwell84ro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Worked for me, Thank you.
  • dutchmandodutchmando Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hello, can you please upload the latest launcher after the recent update? Every time there is a major update i seem to require a new launcher, not sure why :(
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This worked for me as well. I won't lie. I was more than just a little shocked to find Cryptic supporting their own game, and so quickly too. I know that sounds like a back handed compliment but I only mean it to highlight how nice it is to see this kind of support in contrast to past experiences with this same issue.

Thank you:).
  • smjeilicioussmjeilicious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This doesn't seem to work for me, is there another version from today that someone can upload?
    :)
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    [branflakes' copy] Worked for me, at least for now.

I'll enjoy being able to run the game without a VPN client for the next little while.
  • q815163q815163 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

not working for me :/
  • s1hunters1hunter Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The launcher on the 1st post worked for me till yesterdays update .previously i waited 2 weeks for this luancher .CUD only use for a week .Every week they patch nw this launcher doesnt work -.- .pls help :(
  • sailor12001sailor12001 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I get the launcher but can't log in. :/

Edit: Never mind. Look like I'm getting in-game.

Edit#2: Game crashed at the Cryptic logo. Now I can't even get past the launcher boss.
    edited December 2012
    Hi all.

Sorry for the delay but work has been really hectic lately and I haven't been able to patch until now.

To all those who tried to use the Nov 30 patch, it won't work as the latest patch is the Dec 6 version. I'll upload them as soon as my game finished patching.

@Branflakes Hi! Thanks for uploading the file. You are my favorite mod in all my online games as you are very supportive of the fans and players of this game and you take the time to actually tell us about what's being done to help fix our problems.

Hopefully PWE will add a permanent link on thier website and Star Trek Online page that lets players download the most current launcher.

I too am mystified as to what is causing the launcher bug. I've had it hit me a couple of times so i always make a backup of the current launcher as soon as finish patching. Both times nothing actually changed on the computer, unless it's Microsoft's Vista updates that is causing the problems.

Still it is wierd.

@Branflakes, if PWE makes a link to the latest launcher you have my permission to lock this thread as it would be redundant at that point. Thanks

I'll post when i finish the update and upload to the latest launchers.
This discussion has been closed.