test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If Cryptic held a poll, would you vote to revert S7?

voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
Is S7 worth it to you? Are you happy with it? Do you even want to play the game? Can you play the game?

If Cryptic really held a vote, would you say yes or no to temporarily going back to S6 until the devs listen to the community and fix up S7? (I don't know if that's even possible, but if it was would you want them to)

I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all, 2) From the patch notes and what players describe (good, bad, or just informative), S7 is not all that the devs promised. In fact, it's almost a nightmare.

What would you say?
I ask nothing but that you remember me.
Post edited by voporak on

Comments

• Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yes for reverting to S 6
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Considering doing a massive rollback on a huge patch (including DB changes) on an MMO always leads to either a FULL backup pull from before the patch or an astronomical amount of bugs, Nope.

Sorry but from my point of view, dev's listened to the community on a number of things that are in S7.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    I say revert back to season 6

The Romulan content and the tier system
    Could have been added without
    Omega marks
    Romulan marks
    Neural processors

Using the old STF salvage

There was no need of this new currency
    With the new Dil sinks Thete was no need
    To change rewards on anything except to add
    Salvage where needed.

Without taking away rewards from players
    Season 7 would be a LOT more acceptable
    To everyone
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ok I had to reinstal game several times try that if does not work contact Branflakes
  • Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope. I gotta agree with askray on this, it would just create far more problems than it'd solve. It would also take a lot more time to properly setup and implement than simply continuing to make changes to S7 to fix its issues and bring it's features more in line with what S6 offered.
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Another OMG season 7 thread... starting to get annoying. Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She likes to complain too when she can't get EVERYTHING she wants right away for nothing or when she toils away at something that will never happen for months or years and then realizes she has to start over by doing it a better more steady way.

Vote: NO, as the game will be better in the long run with these changes... especially after the OP and all the others rage quit. Do you know how I know it will be better? Because they have been doing this for a long time and all of you cry babies have zero experience, except for Monday morning quarter backing like you own the place...
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    God no, too much good came with S7 to make that even remotely a good idea.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    To the person two replies above me...

Accusations of rage. Anger at a simple question of people's opinion. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. This is what the community has come to. What do we have left when we've come to raging at someone's point of view? Where was I whining? Where was I raging? Where was I talking of quitting? Do you even know where you're coming from?

Is this really what we have come to?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Too many good things in Season 7. Fleet doffs being more evenly distributed, only requiring white doffs for fleet projects, guaranteed Mk XII STF sets instead of that random mess of the old system, new mission content, new world, new ways to improve the power of your captain, and new equipment make reverting to Season 6 a bad idea IMO. I would have say that Season 7 is good since it gave me a reason to play STFs aside from getting the Borg Set. Season 7 seems to have more content than what we have had in one season for a long time. Only thing that would have made it perfect would be a KDF faction that had the same amount of mission content as Feds got at launch.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Only thing that would have made it perfect would be a KDF faction that had the same amount of mission content as Feds got at launch.

+1 to this. Where's the love for the KDF?
  • Options
    burt777burt777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes i prefer the season #6 just as it was. (here i whill speak french because it is more easy for me) Crytic ses tirer dans les pied avec cette saison. C'est la plus mauvaise jusque ici. A vrai dire je n'aime rien des modification de cette saison. Il nous on menti sur plusieur sujet qui a trais a cette saison. Moi et ma flotte n'avons plus de plaisir a jouer. A quoi ca sert de jouer a un jeux qui ne procure plus de plaisir? Avant on avais une chance de progresser, maintenant c'est rendu une tache trop ardu pour etre plaisante.:mad:

voporak wrote: »
    Is S7 worth it to you? Are you happy with it? Do you even want to play the game? Can you play the game?

If Cryptic really held a vote, would you say yes or no to temporarily going back to S6 until the devs listen to the community and fix up S7? (I don't know if that's even possible, but if it was would you want them to)

I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all, 2) From the patch notes and what players describe (good, bad, or just informative), S7 is not all that the devs promised. In fact, it's almost a nightmare.

What would you say?
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i wouldn't go so far as to ask for a full revert back to s6. Rather, i'd want that the old STF system be put back along WITH the new omega system.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cormoran wrote: »
    I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all,

Have you tried getting customer support to see what is wrong or try reinstalling the game in case of a bad installation? In another MMO, a few instances were completely inaccessible due to a bad installation and reinstalling the game fixed that up.

Also did you start a thread in the bug section to see if someone has an idea how to fix it? The only way to say a season is bad is if you try it yourself.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Have you tried getting customer support to see what is wrong or try reinstalling the game in case of a bad installation? In another MMO, a few instances were completely inaccessible due to a bad installation and reinstalling the game fixed that up.

Also did you start a thread in the bug section to see if someone has an idea how to fix it? The only way to say a season is bad is if you try it yourself.

I did reinstall the game today, still broken, and I've made two threads in the PC & Technical section but no solution has been found.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Personally, no. I like a fair bit of the new content, I don't like other parts of it, that's pretty standard.

Things I wish they'd change are things like the total lack of Dilithium, the one click foundry missions (I know people will dislike me for liking those, but with 9 toons, it came in handy), the timers on the reputation projects need halved... Part of the fun in playing anything, is instant gratification, but most of the STF gear I already had at mark XII, now because of excessively long timers, it's going to take me months to get to the level where I can acquire the last few bits I need.

That said, I like that it's not all down to random chance, I like that New Romulus is an open zone and not all about the "go here and kill 5 groups of {insert name}". I like that they've reduced the requirements for DOFFs on Starbase upgrades (though this still needs brought down further, along with all other requirements as they kill small fleets and make baby pandas cry).

If they could iron out the bugs and sort the excessive requirements and timers on things, then it'd be fine in my book.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    Another OMG season 7 thread... starting to get annoying. Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She like to complains too when she can't get EVERYTHING she wants right away for nothing or when she toils away at something that will never happen for months or years and then realizes she has to start over by doing it a better more steady way.

Vote: NO, as the game will be better in the long run with these changes... especially after the OP and all the others rage quit. Do you know how I know it will be better? Because they have been doing this for a long time and all of you cry babies have zero experience, but Monday morning quarter back the you own the place...

I can tell your of very limited experience I'n mmos
    When Fan based mmos like (star trek ) destroy there
    Loyal Fan base with bad decisions the game usually
    Dies
    Prime example is star wars galaxies

STO has not went that far and the management is listing
    To it's fan base which is VERY positive ( soe ) refused to
    Listen and it's CEO was very insulting to the fan base, the mmo
    Died.
    Hopefully the STO will listen to the rumbles and
    Readjust it's goals to be more acceptable to it's players

However if you want to quit with your attitude I am
    Sure you won't be missed/ farewell .........
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Accusations of rage. Anger at a simple question of people's opinion. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. This is what the community has come to. What do we have left when we've come to raging at someone's point of view? Where was I whining? Where was I raging? Where was I talking of quitting? Do you even know where you're coming from?

What you read as anger, I typed as strong disapproval.

Emotion tends not to translate well through text, though, so the mistake is understandable.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, return to Season 6.
    Season 7 is very disappointing.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    What you read as anger, I typed as strong disapproval.

Emotion tends not to translate well through text, though, so the mistake is understandable.

Actually I was talking to the person above your reply, you had a calm opinion on the subject.
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I only play STO once every 1d 17h 5m 13s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Actually I was talking to the person above your reply, you had a calm opinion on the subject.

Oh, lol. Just a case of ninja posting on my part, then. Whoops.

Y'all can disregard my previous post, then :o
  • Options
    somriksomrik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No. Season 7 has its downsides but so does everything else.

On the whole the good outweighs the bad.

Lots of bugs but kind of expected after a big patch(Eg. I cant get into breaking the planet without being booted within 10 seconds)

The dilithium changes from teh STFs were needed as much as I dont want to admit it. And they did roll back some of their changes from none to what was proposed on teh Tribble so there's that.

Not the end of the world.

Though I kind of wish we had an eta on the next bugfix patch.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope.
    Keep moving forward.
  • Options
    alnakaralnakar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Not for a second. I don't understand why we have to go through this every time something changes.

I know that being unable to play because of technical issues must legitimately suck for you, as well as for anybody else who's having similar issues. I hope that Cryptic is making it a high priority to get your problem addressed. The fact is, though, that every patch brings potential issues. Anybody who expected Season 7 to launch without any hiccups is delusional. Personally, I'm just hoping that they have the worst bugs solved by the end of next week.

As far as the content changes go, I'm thrilled with what I've seen so far. There have been a few things that I wasn't as happy about, but I think I understood why they were done. Overall, this has improved my enjoyment of the game already.
    - LTS since shortly before the F2P announcement, and very happy about it.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If Season 7 is as bad as everyone says, the only logical way is to move forward with the changes and hope it improves.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Give it time.

Besides: The only way is up.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    IS this a problem with not liking S7 or actually not being able to log in and play?

If it's a tech issue - just deleting and re-install will not fix everything - you need a more deeper sweep and clean - going into the registry files/cache/defraging and so on before re-installing. If your registry is not cleaned out that is useless if you re-install.

So can you play but just don't like to?
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The new Zone seems cool, but the reputation is just a complete waste since you have to pay to earn it, pay to collect it, pay to unlock things, and then pay to get the things you've unlocked. It's a complete waste and could have just been an add to the fleet stores, it's ridiculous. It's more of a bribery system than reputation since you're paying an arm and a leg and having to wait for so long.

and secondly i don't like the dilithium shift to fleet actions because there are a lot of reasons no one really played them in the first place, so forcing people to do it with dilithium is kind of unfair since they didn't go over them and fix a lot of the problems before hand.

Over all, yes. Season 7 was a really bad idea considering they could have just added the new zone and made the bribery system unlocks part of the fleet store.
  • Options
    omfg4202omfg4202 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If it was down to yes or no, all or nothing right now, I would have to say yes.

Warts and all, I was having a lot of fun in Season 6. I can't stand it now. It's like a forced labor simulator being marketed as a fun game. STO was fun because the player had many opportunities to make choices, not just about what to do but how to do it, and on what time table. It needed some things fixed but this on-balance is much worse. S7 makes sweeping changes that are more than excessively greedy, but extremely disempowering.

On the other hand, if the good things in S7 could be retained while rolling back those which are demonstrably designed to limit our choices, needlessly complicate progression, deliberately waste our time and reach into our pockets, I would be all for that.

I think we get that Perfect World needs to turn a profit, but I don't think anyone would believe that they're not making tons of money selling lottery tickets already. They got greedy and made a major update that focused not so much on fun new content to extend the life of the game as something to tack the aggressive new paywall infrastructure onto.

As I write this, I am missing STO. I have grown accustomed to its sensory input patterns. But I don't recognize it now. I hope you re-think S7 before you destroy this amazing game and make a lot of nerds very sad.
    KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012

ugh... this sucks that I have to spell this out for everyone, but here it goes.

No, no, you missed the point, I was saying all of you combined continue to make thread after thread about dilithium this and reputation that and s7 sux. I was trying to compare it to my insane wife who whines about everything, that's all. It was a generalization of the community of players who are making Anti-Season 7 posts and wasn't directly directly at you. Also, there was no rage on my part as i was giggling like a school girl about writing a flamming post to my fleet mates while in queue for KASE as I wrote it. So to explain in long format:

You all are really all the minority here except for initial shock of all DL being gone from STFs which I too supported the outcry to have fixed. Now that the DL is back, albeit and slightly lower levels, y'all really don't have much else to stand on and should just pipe down or leave.

I am really not sure what you guys are doing as I make more dilithium per day than I ever have while playing a wider variety of content throughout the game (<= that is better if you didn't figure that out). The dilithium exchange changing the way it has in recent days reinforces that. Fleet actions are now useful and fun... and yes I admit that I did the one click foundry missions, but that is gamming the system and those crying about it should just quit it, it's gaming the system and you can't cry when you get shut down.

The reputation system might suck in the short term for those of you who had no idea it was coming while it has been consistently alluded to for almost a year by various dev posts and web blogs and podcasts... yes the early tiers offer nothing of value for those who have been playing for a while except for the passives, but eh. All of you sound like babies or my insane wife, crying "I want it all now... waaaaaa......" As I had said... it will sustain the game as new players have a steady approach to get end game gear. You can either follow that approach with them or leave... and I am sure if everyone who is continually making anti-season seven threads (at this point) leaves.... it wont hurt that much as this game will survive it.

Of course the initial issue (DL for STFs) has been resolved and is not a primary motivator of anyone quitting anymore. I am also pretty sure that the devs could care less about what was said in the forums and probably looked at the data. They probably saw 5 times as many Fleet Actions running as STFs, because no one cared about them anymore since all you needed was the small amount of marks for you bi-daily projects. That's why they took some DL from the fleet actions and added DL to SFTs... Not because of anything anyone said in the forums, numbers speak louder than nerd rage. Notice they use the terms signal to noise ratio? That's right you all are noise... and I am saying I am tired of hearing the noise in the room....

jellico1 wrote: »

I can tell your of very limited experience I'n mmos
    When Fan based mmos like (star trek ) destroy there
    Loyal Fan base with bad decisions the game usually
    Dies
    Prime example is star wars galaxies

STO has not went that far and the management is listing
    To it's fan base which is VERY positive ( soe ) refused to
    Listen and it's CEO was very insulting to the fan base, the mmo
    Died.
    Hopefully the STO will listen to the rumbles and
    Readjust it's goals to be more acceptable to it's players

However if you want to quit with your attitude I am
    Sure you won't be missed/ farewell .........

Hmmm ~not sure if serious or knows English? ~

I never said I was quitting... this game is in no danger of shutting down or dying.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i dunno, it still sounds a little harsh with the badmouthing of your own wife and seems a bit angry in general. While people may be complaining, there are those that offer legitimate feedback as well as alternatives and counterpoint of opinion with out being as insulting or angry sounding. Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to your own opinion here, there's just no need to be so mad about others expressing theirs.

Personally like i said in my previous post, it's primarly one or two things i didn't really like as well as a less wasteful way of doing it.