test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If Cryptic held a poll, would you vote to revert S7?

Comments

• Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hell no! I am finally having some fun with the new stuff to do at last.
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would vote to keep Season 7.

Cryptic made some bad moves with it, and I don't think the community is really paying attention to some of the ones that will actually matter.

But they also made some very good moves, and hopefully will do similarly in the future. Furthermore, what would be even worse is doing nothing at all.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tc10b wrote: »
    Rome wasn't built in a day. Give it time.

i been giveing it 3 years time hows that for time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I vote yes. Yes, keep season 7. ALL of it.

When I saw this thread I thought it would give the nay-sayers another platform to voice their disapproval. I have to say that I'm rather pleased to see that it's not all one sided, that there's a lot of support for the systems and content that will strengthen the game in seasons to come.
  • Options
    zaratolzaratol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i vote no, the only thing i want changed is the mega long timer for omega and rom marks
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please people, keep it civil and don't call people whiners or "I want everything now"ers. I made this thread because I wanted a place where each person could voice their opinion without someone else jumping to conclusions and saying things that aren't true. My personal opinion is not set in stone, prone to change as I find out more. And by definition, an opinion is neither right nor wrong, so there is no reason that anyone in this thread should be called a whiner, crier, whatever. Keep it civil.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Revert it all, except the reputation system, which doesn't spit in your face like the other stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    what bothers me is that they finally FINALLY added some worthwhile content and new powers and such which every body likes and or wanted, and or is a step in a good direction. What i don't like is that they tacked on a lot of stuff that we didn't need like the grinding or the resource sinks like the bribe system. I can understand why they would move around dilithium, but if you're going to move it somewhere where no one plays, it would have been nice if they fixed the reasons why no one plays them in the first place.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like it just fine. However, they need to call an exterminator in, for all the game breaking bugs in it at the moment.But that is normal with every season launch so far.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    I would vote to keep Season 7.

Cryptic made some bad moves with it, and I don't think the community is really paying attention to some of the ones that will actually matter.

But they also made some very good moves, and hopefully will do similarly in the future. Furthermore, what would be even worse is doing nothing at all.

What do you feel we're not paying attention to?
  • Options
    sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Overall I am disappointed in S7. I am accustomed to the marathon, where I can make progress and have a goal in sight, even if it's occasionally slow going. To the marathon has now been added hurdles, fake road signs, flaming pit traps, and ACME-style obstacles, in the form of a proliferation of currencies that must be earned for very little reward, and time sinks associated with that. It feels like Cryptic/PW is afraid we are tearing through the content too rapidly, so let's throw in some roadblocks, and oh yes, don't overlook the chance to make more money off the players. S7 feels shiny but contentless.

Has any fleet actually completed their starbase yet, or even started Tier 5? I'm a little curious.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • Options
    bandit2338bandit2338 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i personally like season7...i like the reputation system(mostly)
    the only thing i dont like is that it takes so LONG!!! i was about to get full maco......i farmed with my fleet weeks to get the shield and the deflector...only the engine was left....and now!??!?!?! i have to wait like 2 month to get that one????

stfs are useless noW! they really have to speed that stuff up.....let the project take like 1hour instead of 1day.........i love the most new stuff but that part u really screwed up!
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Originally Posted by tc10b
    Rome wasn't built in a day. Give it time.
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i been giveing it 3 years time hows that for time?

You cheap git ! ;)
    Why have you not given it 8 years , or 12 ???
    You so laaaaazy ... you expect everything at once !!!
    (and yes , I am joking ! :))
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just revert back the assimilated console from that useless set we have now to the borg set and change whatever you did to the borg, everything else is fine.. oh.. maybe give DS9 a purpose again. no one seems to be there anymore as it doesnt make any sense. The stf vendor was the only reason to actually go there. you put everything in your nice shiny guys but forget, that its not possible to do everything from everywhere. It might be nice for new players who want to level fast but once you are at top level, you are happy about every meter you still have to fly on your own (without transwarp, quantum slipstream and whatever)
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    suppose everybody would be glad if the reputation projects would be finished in an hour and the tier progress project would take 20 hours.
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    What do you feel we're not paying attention to?

Off the very top of my head, the DOff system changes.

Everyone is yelling about the STFs, for the most part, and the reputation system. This will likely be ignored or forgotten in about 2 months after some fine-tuning (e.g. hopefully cutting down the timers on the requisition projects at the very least). That the loss of dilithium was the most froth-raging change was a bit of a surprise to me, though in retrospect it shouldn't have been, since it was an extremely visible change, despite the fact that one could chain together Starbase 24 runs and guzzle dil from that.

In the "big picture," we have the DOffs and the spike in dilithium costs to get basic DOff packs and the grinder/compactor. It has become apparent that DOffs are likely to be an integral part of a lot of content as building material (no doubt, Starfleet Academy keeps that bit out of their recruiting brochures), and are a major expense point/choke point for Starbases. It will probably end up being a chokepoint for the embassy system as well. While I realize the need to monetize the game, it seems that this is going to be a point of some particular importance in the long run. Now, this could be a major part of how they plan to keep the game in the black in the future, and I would rather they do this than go broke or get STO in significant financial trouble, but it still seems to be a bit grabby, and much more subtle - and important.

Admittedly I could be wrong about all of this, but that's how it looks to me. If I had not been up for an absurd number of hours just now, I'm sure I could provide a more thorough/insightful answer, but this one has stuck out like a sore thumb since I first heard about it. DOffs are a major part of the in-game economy, and currencies that are linked to real-world money are now even more important to getting them than ever before.

As a note, I am aware of the huge thread on the Tribble board - I posted to it in fact, several times - but it seems to be all but forgotten now.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patrickngo wrote: »
    a moment of humour:

submitted Ticket #1,424,493. (Vault/shuttle bug)

Currently serving; Ticket 10, thank you for contacting Cryptic/PWE tech support, your tickets are very (un)important to us, please have a complimentary lock-box and this brochure on New Romulus vacations in the Tau Dewa sector...

NICE one :D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Kill Season 7.

With fire.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How far back can I vote for? I say roll back to before F2P!
    When the C-store only gave you cosmetic changes and the Devs seemed to give a damn about things other than lockboxes and Doff packs.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    You cheap git ! ;)
    Why have you not given it 8 years , or 12 ???
    You so laaaaazy ... you expect everything at once !!!
    (and yes , I am joking ! :))

Hey!! :mad:
    I have 5 toons, for 3+ years, so YEAH! I've given it 15+ years! :P
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, I am satisfied as I have only one toon.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The season has been renamed the "Oh sh*t season 7" by me and my friends cause every time we find something we go "Oh Sh*t".

On a serious note certain things with in OHS7 are actually quit good other things well im sure they have been debated to death and i agree with some not with others.

Regarding the rep system i think waiting 1 day 15 hours just to get a
    Mk X item is well a bit much, personally 24 hours i could live with or 16 or even staggering it as you go up the tiers ie 16 hours for x, 24 for XI, 32 for XII.

Why would you even accept such delays? That is simply NOT acceptable.

Personally i feel very ENTITLED to receive right on the spot rewards the game is making me PAY for.

I am sorry for those who keep pretending the Reputation System is content. It is not!

Romulus is content of a sort. STFs are content of another sort. The reward system is not content.

We already HAVE TO sludge into many types of content just to pay the rewards of the Reputation System ( whuch are totally overpriced btw ). No point slowing us down even further and gating our gear with more delays and fees of all sorts.

I could live with "paying" for reward if they were granted ON THE SPOT. The delays are really annoying.

Like the other guy said, i now log in the game every 1d17. I also do not buy Zen anymore and not doing much else either. I am simply not entertained by STO anymore.
  • Options
    torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Reputaition-System isn't that bad, but it isn't so good as well. At the moment I've got more then 1000 Omega-Marks and no way to spend them... If we were able to turn them in for additional Dilithium (just like the Elite-Omega-Marks - Borg Neural Processors), it would be much better. I'm simply slowed down, I can't make enough Dilithium for all those Dilithium-sinks and I can't advance in the Reputation-System, because of the 40 hours to complete a project.

Before S7 was launched, you were able to get your 8k Dilithium per day by doing 6 Elite-STFs a day (turn in EDCs/Salvage/Tech), now you've got to do more (at least 7 when you turn in 5 Neural Processors for 1k Dilithium).

Now you are unable to create private PvE matches, meaning the only way to get the 3-minute Crystalline Entity Mission is blocked, the EliteSTF-channel is almost dead (if you are lucky you will see an announce for an STF, but it is faction-specific).

But if I think of all changes that came with S7, like the Dilithium costs for General Recruitment Doff Packs, I would be glad to have S6 back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • Options
    bandit2338bandit2338 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yeah the reputation system aint bad.....but it needs fine tuning!!!!

pls support my idea of fine tunning here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6690671#post6690671

with that season 7 is gonna rock
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's a big change from what was implemented nearly a year ago....

I honestly wish they had left the old system on top of adding rep..

Maybe just retweak proto drops to what they used to be when that system just rolled out.

I like adding options... right now we're basically regrinding the same missions for something else...

Forcing recycled stuff is just bad form....

I understand how heavy players will attain things 4x as fast as casual players... It's hard to find the balance...

I put in 4-8 hours a day with the new system, I'm currently working 6 toons through rep. I can easily just grind up on one toon for 3 days and have enough marks to carry me for weeks.. just log in 1d 15h laters....
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    I honestly wish they had left the old system on top of adding rep..
    Maybe just retweak proto drops to what they used to be when that system just rolled out.

I'd go for that - it would work just fine on old system, and if you can't get a particular proto drop you could just buy it on t5. Loot bags would heal economy and provide EC for projects. STFs other than ISE would be worth playing again. Fleets would socialize again. New Romulus would still be pointless, but you can't have everything.

As for the argument "Craptic would not get enough $ from dilithium exchange" - you can't get enough $ when there is not enough players. In its current form, s7 is forcing more players out than it generates additional income via zen/dilithium purchases. And don't tell me its not true - I already see what it did to my 260-player fleet. Before s7 I saw at least 8-10 fleetmates online at any time, with 20-30 at peak hours. Now its rarely more than 5, and all the veterans (fleet core, ~30 people) effectively left.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No.
    I would ask that they write the KDF into the new update with a little better "nod" to how we are involved in the backstory of the game instead of making us suddenly the Red Cross with ridges.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Simple answer - no.
    A DB rollback is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

However some 'tweeks' would be nice, like putting back in the old STF gear system, running parallel to the rep system so you can play the STF lottery for your gear or buy it outright via the rep system. Maybe even allow conversion of rom and omega marks to fleet marks and/or edc's and back so that the 4 different currencies would meld into a single one.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    arcorianarcorian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I still don't get why they actually call it Season 7...

...most of the stuff, most likely all of it (I just couldn't do all of it yet because of bugs), is basically copy and paste from season 6 or even before. Reputation and Embassy System, Ephons, Grinding over Grinding, History of New Romulous, you name it. And bug over bug over bug. Would I want them to revert S7? I wouldn't mind as it didn't realy ad something revolutinary to the game as everyone seemed to make me believe before it was actually out there. Am I happy with it? No.

To be dead honest I would like the devs to stop working on any Season at this point and for god sake start fixing all these bugs that are there for longer than just S7 or S6.:mad:
    To live in a perfect world just expect less than nothing...
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hmm.

I would vote 'no'.

The reason is that the update that is being proposed to be rolled back is the one that brought an entirely new sector, social zone, Fleet area, and game objectives to STO. Rolling back would mean removal of all these.

And for what purpose? Because some players are mad because they have to do more to earn rewards? Because some players have already blown through the content and see no purpose in keeping it around for others? Because their strategies of milking dilithium have been disrupted?

Not good enough reason for me. The additions far outweigh any problems I can see, as the problems seem based entirely on player perceptions as to their entitlements and not actual problems with game code or bugs.