test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If Cryptic held a poll, would you vote to revert S7?

Comments

• Options
    cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    y'all really don't have much else to stand on and should just pipe down or leave.

Ahhh the 'ol "shut up or leave" line of logic. Perhaps you should apply that to threads you don't like reading.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Enough of talking everything down already! I don't like the decrease in rewards and the increase in dilithium costs either. But the new content IS good. In fact everything the developers actually put work in is fine: the Romulan missions (ground and space), New Romulus, the new ships, the new sector block yes even the reputation system. Reading all this whining, raging and "I quit" threads would make you think there's nothing good about the new season at all!
  • Options
    glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally I pretty much LOVE the changes in S7. Is it perfect? No. Have they put some systems in place to be able to keep moving forward and adding content? Yes.

It seems to me the only thing to really complain about is dilithium changes, and yet, I am easily making the dilith cap and more while being able to play more types of content. The KEY to S7 being a success IMO is that they stick with the systems they have in place and don't make any more radical changes. If the devs continue to listen to the actual FEEDBACK adn implement minor changes as needed, the framework they have in place now should be able to stay in place for a long time.

Maybe I am overly affected by the fact that I find the Vault Ensnared to be the best instance they have made yet, and the fact that I can have my Peregrine always at the ready, and that I can access the Omega Store and the Romulan Store from anywhere I want to, and everyone who works for it can have the MK XII Sets of their choice without having to spam an instance they hate, and that all the new missions have my fleetmates teaming up and playing together more than they ever did before, and massive reduction in resources needed to build the starbase, and I can run the STFs and Romulan missions that I like and avoid the ones I don't ... and ... and .. and.

I assure you, once the vets are caught up in the rep system so they can get yet another MK XII set for the newest BOFF on the roster without having to run IGE over and over and over and over again, I think you will see very few complaints.
  • Options
    jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I wouldn't be able to say a definite yes or no. Some of S7 is good, but alot of it is either bad (the dil reductions and "shuffling" even tho apparently they were worried we weren't refining enough of the stuff. Yeah boggles me the lack of common sense on that one too.), or not what was expected (the rep system in this case).

In all reality so far the only thing that apparently is working 100% correctly is the Switch Character button they added. God I love that button.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not at all.

Other than the bugs which are getting annoying, and end game gear costing dilithium which is kinda sucky, im enjoying season 7 a huge amount.

i was getting burned out with season 6 and now im spending much more time in game. the complaints about dilithium are not treading water with me, as a lot of the exploits have gone forcing me to find other ways by playing the game, and its been fun to do so. playing the nagus dailies was a nice quick way to earn marks and dilithium but it was also very dull.

ive been playing old content that i had not touched in months. new romulus is pretty decent. i actually like the reputation system, as i like having clear defined progression over random chance. all in all im happy.
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No, I wouldn't. The game is in a much better place looking towards the future,

There are a couple minor things I'd change, but most of the nonsense in this forum is extremely shortsighted.
  • Options
    captainbradycaptainbrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes absolutely!!! You can keep the new Romulus stuff, but I want a rewards system that makes sense. I want STFs back to normal with dil and drops. I want the Doff system restored to pre-season 7, and while we're at it, as a gesture of good will, you can eliminate the unreplicable materials from crafting. Don't worry about dilithium prices, your base and embassy will make sure the price of dilithium stays sky high. In fact if the exchange trends keep going the way they are, governments will start backing their own currency in STO dilithium (joke)
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    i dunno, it still sounds a little harsh with the badmouthing of your own wife and seems a bit angry in general.

Jees you don't have to make it sound like a beat her.... lol. You're taking the insane wife gag just a bit too seriously. I mean you can't believe everything you read on the internet... and she's alright I guess. We've been together for a bit more than a year and I've known her since 9th grade, but in 9th grade she had these big ugly glasses and if you had asked me if I was going to marry her then... I would have laughed you out of the classroom... but enough about how ugly she was lol... somehow between then and now she managed to get unbeaten by the ugly stick, maybe it was just the glasses? I mean, you could burn ants in the sun with them...

I would throw myself in front of a train for her (don't call the suicide hotline on me...) though she is just a bit naggy. Perhaps I should have described a spoiled rotten 7 year old character instead of a crazy wife for the original description about how everyone still posting like they can make a difference about Season 7 is worried about nothing as the worst has been corrected or is a whiner... which I think I pretty much nailed down in the subsequent posts thereafter. The bratty "I want it now" rich girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory would have fit well in the same example. I don't have one of those yet, she's only two months old right now and definitely wont be rich unless she finds a sucker to marry... haha
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She likes to complain too when she can't get EVERYTHING she wants right away for nothing

Are you married to the STO forums? :eek:

Short answer: no.

Why? Because I think the quality of the new content is worth the minor drawbacks we have (dilithium gating instead of number of runs gating mostly).
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Are you married to the STO forums? :eek:

Please please don't ask my real wife that... it will start another argument about how I don't pay attention to her or something or other... idk she goes on and on, but all I hear is static.

And yes if they keep logs on how many times an IP address calls the New Post link and the Dev Post link... I would be ashamed to see the numbers.
  • Options
    hylia#6092 hylia Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The season has been renamed the "Oh sh*t season 7" by me and my friends cause every time we find something we go "Oh Sh*t".

On a serious note certain things with in OHS7 are actually quit good other things well im sure they have been debated to death and i agree with some not with others.

Regarding the rep system i think waiting 1 day 15 hours just to get a
    Mk X item is well a bit much, personally 24 hours i could live with or 16 or even staggering it as you go up the tiers ie 16 hours for x, 24 for XI, 32 for XII.
  • Options
    unequivocaldcunequivocaldc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The whole of Season Seven wasn't a complete failure. Certain new STF and missions included were fun. The only problem I had was the reputation thing. That I really think its TRIBBLE, seeing how before Season 7, it was so easy to get, but on Season 7 itself, it requires thousands of dilithium which personally wasn't worth it AT ALL. Moreover, I'm having loads of difficulties with the "Can't get map name" here, "You'll be removed from the map in 10 seconds" there.

Nonetheless, it is not our decision to make Season 7 revert.

Personally, I think it should NOT revert, but yet at the same time it should improve.

I just wish Borg items were not bounded, or that the timer cooldowns for each project is shortened to 1 hour or so because a day is just really saddening and too long.

If the poll was "To revert the STF methodology of purchasing Borg equipments", I might say yes, however I believe those who already reached Tier 5 in that reputation system will feel unfair as well.

My opinion :3
  • Options
    marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i cryed agian today all the fun gone replaced buy nothing but grind sign on and decide wich grind to do dilith grind omaga grind new romulan grind. used to be fun to do the stf what drop will i get? somthing for fleet bank? item me or a friend could realy use?? somthing to sell and get ec or dilith for? or the joy and pride of the tech drop and rushing to turn in and get the shiney new pice to complet my set??? now its just grind and wait days to see what i can spend my dwindleing suply of dilith on!!!!! in the words of Adam Sandler " whooopie f-ing dooo " to season 7
  • Options
    intrepidukintrepiduk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would enthusiastically vote yes to the question. Not an entire foll back, just roll back the STFs to the season 6 system and the same with the DOFF system. I absolutely detest the mini-personal-starbase-time-gate-permission-to-buy-grind-system and only when that is gone from the game will I reinstall it and play it.
  • Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its getting a bit tiring listening to different sides having a go at each other. On one hand it seems to be people who mainly build fleets and play new missions who mainly do not do stf or upgrade their doffs in the grinder. On the other hand there are those who do stf and upgrade their doffs in the grinder but are not so interested in fleets and new missions.

It is quite clear that, in S7, the latter group have been nerfed and the former given some good breaks. Most of the people who read these posts are well informed about the workings of the game, so how about we stop putting each other down for the different things we each want to get out of the game. It is, only a game, games are meant for fun, and each persons fun is their own, often different from others.

If S7 has given you some good breaks and new and interesting things to do, then I am very happy for you, pleases have the wisdom, or at least courtesy, to allow me to lament the loss of interest, achievement and fun that S7 has brought to my choice of game play.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the complaints about dilithium are not treading water with me, as a lot of the exploits have gone forcing me to find other ways by playing the game, and its been fun to do so. playing the nagus dailies was a nice quick way to earn marks and dilithium but it was also very dull.

And yet, Tau Dewa dailies don't actually amount to more than a low payout bunch of extended nagus dailies.

I was so bored doing this for the first time that I knew halfway through there would be no way I would ever do this again, much less on a daily basis.

A lot of what is wrong with S7 can be displayed in a snapshot of Tau Dewa patrols:
    Shooting what amounts to 25 waves of pathetic enemies solo, or talking to a bunch of NPCs for 60 romulan marks.
  • Options
    grae3107grae3107 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    in reponse to OP. No, keep it. There are too many good things that came in S7.
  • Options
    areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They just need to reduce the timer for the 800 reputation task by 50% or so and I'll be happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a3001 wrote: »
    i wouldn't go so far as to ask for a full revert back to s6. Rather, i'd want that the old STF system be put back along WITH the new omega system.

Yup , this .

Those who want to go smooch Romulan posterior can go on happily doing so , and those who like the exitement/award of S.6 STF's can get back to their thing -- boosted by the ppl who now do play STF's because of the Omega award system .

Offcourse we can't have something simple as this , so instead Cryptic will scratch their collective heads and come up with something even more convoluted as a solution ... -- something that will prolly leave us scratching our heads .
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yea... I would prefer they roll back season 7 until they fix a few things - especially the video problem that's crashing a lot of our computers.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Yea... I would prefer they roll back season 7 until they fix a few things - especially the video problem that's crashing a lot of our computers.

Yeah lets roll back because some people bought a computer with a substandard Intel graphics card made by a company that has no desire to regularly update the drivers for specific games and industry advancements and then had the bright idea to run a game on it.
  • Options
    olievlekjeolievlekje Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They should bring back the old stf/remen rewards and tokens and vendors, keep the new rep system but add new sets based on the old stf/remen sets make a new set console as the last tier rep reward.

and i think were all ok with just reusing the looks from the old sets just give em a new color the "Elite Very rare Omega Mark XII" nametag and we will grind away.

just dont try me to sell something that i 1 already have and had loads of tokens for

your now letting me work for something we already worked for and already have, so mutch for incentive.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Like others said, they can't roll it back without breaking.. everything.

They can fix their mistakes quickly. Will they? We know they won't
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The only problem I've encountered myself is that I can't enable autofire anymore. So no, I would say keep S7.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    mattack13mattack13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No, I am really liking season 7, New Romulus and the tier system.

I am concerned about the dilith sink, and it is hard to fully judge until I see how tier 3-4 projects go with their requirements.

And paying 1000 dilith for standard DOFF acquisitions is bull@#*t.

But I've been having a blast, and am loving the passive power choices in the tier system. Thank god they put dilth back in STFs, at least.
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I really don't understand you guys sometimes. We've been asking for content that has that "trek" feel to it. So they give us a massive map with the ability to explore ancient ruins and study new lifeforms etc and all you want is the old season? You all moaned about that too, so what then? Season 5? The dil changes aren't that bad, yes it takes a little longer but boo hoo... enough with the need for instant gratification and just get on with it. If you don't like STO then go play something else. I used to visit these forums regularly and find them an interesting place to discuss the game, but now it's all crying and whining because you can't get all the shiny toys there and then.

Personally I love season 7, haven't had this much fun on STO in a long time and I only hope they continue to add maps like New Romulus which finally allow me to feel like I'm exploring a strange new world.

*puts on flame TRIBBLE suit*
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah lets roll back because some people bought a computer with a substandard Intel graphics card made by a company that has no desire to regularly update the drivers for specific games and industry advancements and then had the bright idea to run a game on it.

It's happening to more than with a "substandard Intel graphics card"... but you'd know that if you actually read the posts.

And even if it were just a "substandard Intel graphics card"... it's listed in the supported cards for STO - which means that playing the game on them, while not the best performance, wouldn't be crashing the computer. And there were no problems with this in the previous seasons.