test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If Cryptic held a poll, would you vote to revert S7?

124»

Comments

• Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    arcorian wrote: »
    I still don't get why they actually call it Season 7...

Most likely because it introduces the Romulans and their homeworld as major players in the STO universe instead of the minor NPC background role they had before, possibly in preparation for their role as a player race in the future. Not many homeworlds out there, and certainly none as large.
  • Options
    ultijuiceultijuice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd go with "no".
  • Options
    azntrigboiazntrigboi Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No to reverting.
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know reverting to s6 is very difficult... however something must be done: beafore s7 I was playing for fun, now I am playing for dilithium, EC, fleet mark, romulan mark, omega mark.... just because you need it to click some buttons and waiting 2 days... It's boring and I am getting tired.... so yes, if possible I will revert to s6, but at least I will be happy if we will get rid of marks and have some more drop from stf and fleet actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    tetonicatetonica Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would vote no to a full rollback, but I would like it if they added lootbags back to stf's. Those made it fun for me. Since season 7 launched I don't even log on anymore.
    Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
    Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
    Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would vote no, not because I like what has happened to the economics of the game, but because the new content is what many asked for and it isn't all bad.

The way to fix the problem is increase dilithium accessibility that meets the demand for star base, embassy, and character/doff development so it isn't such a grind and the game becomes fun again or reduce the cost of projects.

The game should not be about grinding. Casual players, the working crowd who want to have fun PLAYING the game should have the chance to do so without having to grind a second career in man hours. Everything in those lock boxes should have a cash value and be purchasable for a few dollars to as high as $20 without gambling.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Is S7 worth it to you? Are you happy with it? Do you even want to play the game? Can you play the game?

If Cryptic really held a vote, would you say yes or no to temporarily going back to S6 until the devs listen to the community and fix up S7? (I don't know if that's even possible, but if it was would you want them to)

I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all, 2) From the patch notes and what players describe (good, bad, or just informative), S7 is not all that the devs promised. In fact, it's almost a nightmare.

What would you say?

Season 7 left me completely unable to play the game, due to the crippling GPU bugs they introduced, so I would absolutely vote YES to a rollback, at least until they can get their house in order and also undo some of the catastrophically bad design changes they made.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know I find it really funny that at the start of every Season update since the first one; there's ALWAYS someone calling for a Season rollback to the previous Season. (And it's notr a situation unique to STO as this happens in most MMOs.)

Like most, I don't agree with every change or decision that was made with regard to Season 7 - but, that said, it has some of the best STO content Cryptic's rolled out for the game to date (I like New Romulus a lot and feel the game needs more full planet zones like New Romulus. I also like a lot of the new patrol content and Romulan Fleet actions.)

So, no, I would NOT vote for a rollback as the gains outweigh the negative aspects for me overall. (YMMV)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Typical kneejerk sensational reactionism, throwing the baby out with the bathwater, as the saying goes. S7 may not be perfect to some, but rolling back the whole thing because some systems aren't appealing? That's an even even worse alternative than the perceived sleights introduced with S7. Things can always be examined and adjusted; we've already seen it with the Dilithium rewards and S7. Anyone who's played an MMO knows that things constantly change, and that if something ends up not working in S7, it can be changed or reverted individually, instead of going carte blanche and throwing out months of work on a whole season update because of the faults of a smaller percentage of the same.

A rollback would be catastrophic, cause ill will for the remaining playerbase, cause bad press, etc. A rollback would probably cause even more player discontent than any relatively more minor problems some players have with rewards, rep systems, etc.

I would ask not to waste the community's time with such ill-conceived notions, but I know I'd be wasting my time. It's par for the course of the forums to make a thread that makes for good controversy, despite the idea therein being patently nonsensical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not to mention the signal it would send to the devs....

"We asked for new content, and when you delivered it to us, we voted to have it removed."

End result would be that all further work on content and expanding the game would be ended, and STO would become a 'legacy' game. After all, hard to get new projects approved by Management when the major project of the year is thrown away by the players as unwanted.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    Is S7 worth it to you? Are you happy with it? Do you even want to play the game? Can you play the game?

If Cryptic really held a vote, would you say yes or no to temporarily going back to S6 until the devs listen to the community and fix up S7? (I don't know if that's even possible, but if it was would you want them to)

I would say yes to putting it back to S6 for the moment because of 1) Something in S7 is causing my game to not work at all, 2) From the patch notes and what players describe (good, bad, or just informative), S7 is not all that the devs promised. In fact, it's almost a nightmare.

What would you say?

For those who say "yes" see below for petition:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/perfect-world-entertainment-cryptic-studios-star-trek-online-return-to-the-previous-dilithium-reward-consoles-drops-for-stf-s

STO S7=FARMVILLE
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Seriously? A change.org petition because the reputation system on STO isn't to one's liking?

On change.org?

Really?

Can you get some perspective, please? We're talking about a video game, not a social or geopolitical issue.

... change.org...

/facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously? A change.org petition because the reputation system on STO isn't to one's liking?

On change.org?

Really?

Can you get some perspective, please? We're talking about a video game, not a social or geopolitical issue.

... change.org...

/facepalm
    Yeah really.... it's not that big a deal...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In a way they decided to revert some of the stuff prior to season 6. Not a complete victory but read this from Dan's own mouth:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=457021

For all what's said and done CHANGE does happen through PERSISTENCE
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    tosmessharrtosmessharr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have spent $700 on this game between a lifetime sub for 200 and the the other 500 on lock boxes. I have received NOT ONE rare lockbox ship. Yet when I log on to the game I find it so ridiculously over priced to use or aquire dilithium that I'll HAVE to buy more zen just to convert to dilithium if I need dilithium. I haven't donated to my fleet in over a week, and I hardly play the game now for more than ten minutes a day. I guess I'll log on atleast once or twice a week since I wasted money on a lifetime subscription. You know Cryptic... I paid a lifetime sub for the game as is. Atleast I could buy some zen.. an outfit, or some lock box keys. NOT HAVE TO BUY ZEN TO KEEP DILITHIUM STORES UP! You should have made ONE SMALL CHANGE, then surveyed it to see if it worked. Not TRIBBLE up everything in some way and tell us to deal with it. Not when some of us have payed you for a "lifetime" and spent hundreds of dollors in six months. You know... you don't have to appease us. And sure.. you don't have to have our permission when you do things.. But I'd sure as heck make sure you aren't going to absolutely ENRAGE your players and cause them not to want to play by changing things YOU ALREADY HAD IN PLACE YOURSELVES!!

Anyway, I may be so bored and/or sick of the grind that I do not play at all in a few weeks. I just wanted to let everyone here know once and for all. BUYING ZEN IS A WASTE. I tested the odds on boxes. 500 lockboxes = NO SHIP. You'd think they'd give you a guarantee after that many boxes you'd get to pick one ship. Cryptic will not get another cent from me. And I hope you are doing the math Cryptic 700 dollars in six months... good lawd I've paid you for about 3 years worth already. I'll be sure to tell everyone I see exactly how you run this game and do my best to keep them from coming.

DOFFs - overpriced now
    DOFF recruitment assignment = overpriced now
    TWO reputation factions = tedious, time consuming, click click clicking
    ... and you must gather marks for BOTH factions
    STF's = screwed up on loot now.
    Starbase - now receive less from players because of the Embassy and TWO rep factions.

the list goes on...
    I'm out. Atleast if I watch Star Trek TOS - Kirk won't keep asking me for handouts for shoddy work!
  • Options
    chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another OMG season 7 thread... starting to get annoying. Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She likes to complain... (too annoying tp continue)

Why is it that the complaint complainers always come off like they think the entire world will come around to their way of thinking if they're just abused enough?

Anywho, a complete rollback? No. What I'd like to see is a much stronger commitment to the people who keep the game going: the players. The deep dilithium sinks seem to be designed to greatly slow down progress, and cause conflict. Which do I choose to focus my resources on, myself, fleet base the embassy? Dan bragged just before S7 that STO is doing just fine. If this is true, why not re-commit to the player base by easing up on this terrible grind?
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    How utterly pathetic.

119 people disagree with you :cool:
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rezking wrote: »
    119 people disagree with you :cool:

How many, dare I ask, disagree with you? :cool:

I'm no fan of most of the changes, but seriously is it really that bad?

First world problems indeed.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How many, dare I ask, disagree with you? :cool:

I'm no fan of most of the changes, but seriously is it really that bad?

First world problems indeed.

Find out.
    Nah, seriously.
    Create a Change.org Petition in support of the changes made implementing (not changed since) Season 7.

I'm curious.
    I want to know how many people LOVE being financially abused.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    punijabpunijab Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The whole concept of this thread implies that the devs actually listen to the criticisms made by the general community. In general this does not appear to be the case. Have a look at a few of the suggestion threads, a good majority of the issues suggested nearly two years ago are still being suggested by a good number of players while the devs haven't even acknowledged that they have seen these suggestions, much less that they actually plan to work on them. The only things the devs seem interested in working on are quick cash grabs and limiting the ability of F2P players to get any of the endgame content by working for it. There hasn't been any significant free content released in ages, or at least none that are generally noticeable or alter game play in some noticeable fashion.

If it seems like I'm bashing the devs a lot, it's because maybe at least it will get some notice. While I understand they need to make a living and pay CBS for the rights to basically everything Star Trek, I really don't see a reason to make us pay for practically all new content. The worst part about all of this is that they are ruining a perfectly good game by aggravating their player base with cash grabs and a lack of real interest in their own game past extorting as much money as possible from it.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would revert back just to stop the error message saying 32bit or die appearing when I log into the game
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wall o - text

The OP didn't say anything derogatory towards Cryptic, he simply stated his opinion and asked others theirs about this season.

With all due respect, YOU hopped in and started name callin and trollin.
    all of you cry babies have zero experience, except for Monday morning quarter backing like you own the place...

You wanna know what I'm tired of? People who feel they can come into a thread insult people they don't agree with, breaking forum rules.
    Not that forum rules mean anything anymore.

A dev has already responded to this thread in the spirit it was intended.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I sympathize for your crippled situation, voporak, but I'm going to have to side with posts like this.
    Another OMG season 7 thread... starting to get annoying. Y'all are starting to sound like my wife. She likes to complain too when she can't get EVERYTHING she wants right away for nothing or when she toils away at something that will never happen for months or years and then realizes she has to start over by doing it a better more steady way.

Vote: NO, as the game will be better in the long run with these changes... especially after the OP and all the others rage quit. Do you know how I know it will be better? Because they have been doing this for a long time and all of you cry babies have zero experience, except for Monday morning quarter backing like you own the place...

The thing is, I'm not too fond of the gear-procuring aspects of the reputation system, and the XP assignments are bleeding my Klingon alt's reserves dry due to a lack of marauding missions. But the fact that it's a STEADY(!!!) flow of materials with a GUARANTEED success is more than enough for me. Besides, they added an entire new sector block, and did an EXCELLENT job with New Romulus (now if more of the map could be climbed...)
    askray wrote: »
    Considering doing a massive rollback on a huge patch (including DB changes) on an MMO always leads to either a FULL backup pull from before the patch or an astronomical amount of bugs, Nope.

Sorry but from my point of view, dev's listened to the community on a number of things that are in S7.
    cormoran wrote: »
    Nope. I gotta agree with askray on this, it would just create far more problems than it'd solve. It would also take a lot more time to properly setup and implement than simply continuing to make changes to S7 to fix its issues and bring it's features more in line with what S6 offered.

These two quotes are just QFTed. :P

It'll take far less time to correct any issues than to restart the game. Even more so since you guys would all lose your progress since the release, and I already dumped all my stuff into dilithium (which would have been a terrible idea if they reverted the changes).

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    rs2965rs2965 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Naw...I'm pretty happy with how it is.

There does appear to be some issues with getting kicked out and some occasionally slow load times, but I'm sure these will get addressed.

Is it all sunshine and rainbows? Nope, but that's okay.

Sure, I don't like feeling compelled or even a bit strong armed into spending money but then, I do prefer it to not having the game and make no mistake about it, there would be no game without the c-store or it'd be as it was before when there was precious little compelling content being added.

People whine way too much about grinding, you'd think they've never played an mmo before...

That said; there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. For example, I'd like to see the requirements for making equipment via the reputation system dialed back a bit. If I've EARNED the right to make the gear, I shouldn't have to put in such a high amount of resources in both time and treasure to get it.

I actually think there is plenty of opportunity to make dilithium...What the heck are people doing with all that dilithium that they have 5 toons maxing out 8k per day? No doubt, working hard to wreck the game economy.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nope. I like most of the changes. B'Tran getting nuked, all the Dailies rewards reduced, and the fact that EVERYTHING requires EC's now are the only things I'm truly up in arms about.

Everything else I'm happy with (Reputation), can survive (STF Dil Reduction), or are getting put back (STF Loot Boxes).

So I'm good. For now. :D
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd vote No... Nope... Nada.. Nay... Neigh and NEE

The last just because I watched M.P's The Holy Grail last night.

Come join the Vice Admirals Who Say "NEE"....

:D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rs2965 wrote: »
    Naw...I'm pretty happy with how it is.

There does appear to be some issues with getting kicked out and some occasionally slow load times, but I'm sure these will get addressed.

Is it all sunshine and rainbows? Nope, but that's okay.

Sure, I don't like feeling compelled or even a bit strong armed into spending money but then, I do prefer it to not having the game and make no mistake about it, there would be no game without the c-store or it'd be as it was before when there was precious little compelling content being added.

People whine way too much about grinding, you'd think they've never played an mmo before...

That said; there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. For example, I'd like to see the requirements for making equipment via the reputation system dialed back a bit. If I've EARNED the right to make the gear, I shouldn't have to put in such a high amount of resources in both time and treasure to get it.

I actually think there is plenty of opportunity to make dilithium...What the heck are people doing with all that dilithium that they have 5 toons maxing out 8k per day? No doubt, working hard to wreck the game economy.
    Hehe, I agree. Some of these people really act like they don't know the definition of "constructive criticism". In a sentence, tell the devs what they can do to make the game better. I saw a large number of bugs in S7 get fixed before the official launch. Like this one: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5jks3h

why? because people reported that they were broken. If it's an actual bug, it doesn't take a page long rant to get the devs to fix it......

Sadly some people seem to think ranting about whatever you dislike counts as constructive criticism. Well, it's criticism.... constructive? Not so much...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 isn't prefect. BUT its pretty good over all.

The Dev's took hundreds of people's wants and blended it into this. It is not bad over all.

Jim