Install Arc
Options

Announcement About Upcoming Dilithium Changes - Nov 14, 2012

Comments

• Options
    cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    deokkent wrote: »
    At first I was unhappy with the dilithium nerf that I saw coming in S7. Then I realized the Fleet Action grant 1400 per 20min play time with 30min cool down + an extra 1440 from FA dailies (http://www.stowiki.org/Dilithium#Fleet_Action). After much consideration, I realized this could be a good way to farm dilithium after all that nerfing. STFs were going to become the grind place for Omega marks only and that would have been fine since we get lots of them in one run and the projects take forever to complete. It would have been better if we didn't even have to constantly do STFs to obtain the resources required for higher tier rep projects.

I've got genuine concerns about this, I am little bothered with the fact they chose to nerf the fleet actions.

I would honestly be okay with everything if they put Fleet Actions back up to around 1000 dilithium a run.

That way, the people who really like STFs can run those and still get some dilithium, whilst the people who don't want to do them can still get dilithium and don't feel 'punished' for not running STFs
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mozart2222 wrote: »
    Thanks STO community! Now I get to run 3!!! STF's to equal the dil I could get from one 10-15 minute Starbase 24. You seem to think this is an improvement. I was quite looking forward to only doing 1-2 elite STF's a week for marks while spending the rest of the time playing the much easier, no teamwork needed Starbase for my dil. Now I get to go back to the 'ol STF grind for my dil because the community is bad at math and trying new things.

They were trying to help us, and you told them, "Stop it! We like it terrible!"

We weren't doing math, we were asking for decent rewards for playing the endgame elite content. Yes we wanted good rewards for being good players too. This isn't a nerf, it's just spreading ressources accross the board. Yes we might have to play more STFs to get dilithium but it's one of the best content the game has to offer.

If you still want to get easy rewards without teamplay i'm not sure it's the right game but the Starbase 24 is made for you, it's the realm of selfish play, where you drag mobs to your team mates to get the double purple loot while he's on respawn CD. :P

And you can still get the best loots in game with the fleet actions now. This is a huge improvement; probably one of the best season 7 made. Don't underestimate the value of ECs, this currency allows me to fly the best ships in the universe for little efforts (the lockbox ones). :)

With this system, space FAs will still be extremely competitive and attractive. Less dil but a lot more ECs. Make your decision.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Stahl (if you are still following this thread), revise the Dilithium rewards to the following:

Normal STFs: 480-720 dil
    Elite STFs: 960-1440 dil
    Fleet Actions: 760-1440 dil

BOTH ground and space Fleet Actions should reward similarly. Don't shoe horn players into 1 specific content, just to get the "best" amount of Dilithium rewards. Especially when that content is rather lackluster.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    stahl (if You Are Still Following This Thread), Revise The Dilithium Rewards To The Following:

Normal Stfs: 480-720 Dil
    Elite Stfs: 960-1440 Dil
    Fleet Actions: 760-1440 Dil

Both Ground And Space Fleet Actions Should Reward Similarly. Don't Shoe Horn Players Into 1 Specific Content, Just To Get The "best" Amount Of Dilithium Rewards. Especially When That Content Is Rather Lackluster.

This Pluss One

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I started playing this when the game went free to play. Say what you will about us F2P players, but I honestly don't have the money nor interest to pay a monthly sub just for a single game when I can pick and chose what to purchase on multiple F2P games that will keep my interest in playing those games much longer than just one game.

I went from level 0-50 in six games of playing, and of course the next logical action was to start running the STFs. Within a week I was already bored of running the stfs, BUT just like with "Tour" the reward outweighs the boredom.

Personally I like the fact that they have spread Dilithium over a larger amount of actions to give some what more variety, but yes it's still a grind.

I would still like to see the 8k cap raised to 10k thou simply because of the increased systems needing Dilithium.

So Dan or anyone else with the knowledge on the economics part of the game I have a question for you please:

Would the 2-3k increase of the dilithium cap really effect the in-game economics that much now that there are all these different systems in place needing Dilithium??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wowo just cheked the Forum the last time after my Good by STO, and then this.
    looks i have to reconsider
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, I'm glad the STFs now have Dilithium, but the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I also hate the corporate speak in the recent posts; makes my skin crawl.

I think the Fleet actions should be unnerfed, because really, what's the difference if we have more options in how we get our Dilithium. I also think that the ground for both STFs and Fleet Actions should get more Dilithiums/marks, because otherwise, no one will play those.
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks my fleet is happy
    download.jpg
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I started playing this when the game went free to play. Say what you will about us F2P players, but I honestly don't have the money nor interest to pay a monthly sub just for a single game when I can pick and chose what to purchase on multiple F2P games that will keep my interest in playing those games much longer than just one game.

I went from level 0-50 in six games of playing, and of course the next logical action was to start running the STFs. Within a week I was already bored of running the stfs, BUT just like with "Tour" the reward outweighs the boredom.

Personally I like the fact that they have spread Dilithium over a larger amount of actions to give some what more variety, but yes it's still a grind.

I would still like to see the 8k cap raised to 10k thou simply because of the increased systems needing Dilithium.

So Dan or anyone else with the knowledge on the economics part of the game I have a question for you please:

Would the 2-3k increase of the dilithium cap really effect the in-game economics that much now that there are all these different systems in place needing Dilithium??

Holy Frak someone who made sense in all this un-necessary hoopla...
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mozart2222 wrote: »
    Thanks STO community! Now I get to run 3!!! STF's to equal the dil I could get from one 10-15 minute Starbase 24. You seem to think this is an improvement. I was quite looking forward to only doing 1-2 elite STF's a week for marks while spending the rest of the time playing the much easier, no teamwork needed Starbase for my dil. Now I get to go back to the 'ol STF grind for my dil because the community is bad at math and trying new things.

They were trying to help us, and you told them, "Stop it! We like it terrible!"

You are not being fair here!

We did not ask for Dilithium Rewards to be reduced in Fleet Actions!

We asked that the "hardest" and most tactical content of the game, the STF, get back his RIGHTFUL reward!

Even now as we speak, i still believe we are getting screwed, but now all the playerbase is getting screwed, not just STFers.

To make things RIGHT, devs should have left things as they were in FA and simply hold to their word and put back Dilithium in STF as IT WAS PROMISED at first!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    The additional Dilithium may impact the player-to-player Dilithium exchange rates in the future, but we would rather you were having fun in Season 7 than worrying about the economy. We have enough of that to deal with in the real world.

Oh really?

Dev blog #17 (last section before the comments) http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=747851

-How does Dilithium Trade factor into all of this?-
    While the Dilithium Trading economy is entirely the realm of players trading with other players, our goal with the Dilithium changes in Season 7 is to stay out of the way as much as possible while increasing the amount of Dilithium earned on average by level 50 players.

We expect the market to fluctuate as players find the new balance, but in general we want players earning Dilithium to get a decent amount of Zen for their trade so that players who are putting in the most effort to earn Dilithium can find a market to trade the time they?ve spent in the game for Zen.

They say they leave the economy "ENTIRELY" up to the players and want to "stay out of the way as much as possible", in the next paragraph they insinuate they are trying to manipulate us into changing the economy, i.e. "we want players earning dilithium to get a decent amount of Zen for their trade". I don't see this ending well at all. I haven't seen the players say it is THEIR goal to have the economy changed.

Earlier in the Dev blog post there is this:
    -Pre-Season 7 Dilithium Concerns-
    Concern 1 ? Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to.
    Prior to Season 7, the average amount of Dilithium refined by an active level 50 player was 3100 per session or 13,250 per week. That is far less than the cap of 8000 per day when you consider that most level 50 players play multiple days per week and slightly more than the average hours per session.

Of course this means we WON'T see the 8k refine cap removed/raised any time soon since according to them, there aren't enough players hitting their cap or more to warrant such a change. I'm gonna say that this makes me conclude they are going for inflating the Zen price. "Players are refining far less dilithium than we "EXPECT" them too" and the fact they are saying they want to make it easier to get Dilithium.

#1 Allow us ways and incentives to refine more Dilithium thus hitting our daily 8k limit or more.

#2 More Dilithium in game means Zen prices go up due to more demand for Zen.

#3 Due to higher demand for Zen, players need to buy more Zen to exchange for Dilithium to meet their Dilithium needs

#4 Due to more Zen being sold the company makes more money

Side note: I think the reason for the new/increased Dilithium costs for doffs at the accademy (general recruitment, reassign underperforming) is to coerce people to be more willing to buy Zen and spend it on doff packs in the C-store (hence the recent bug ship/lobi crystal/other TRIBBLE rewards in the 1 particular C-store doff pack, and they make more money)

In the end everybody is happy. Cryptic/PWE makes more money, and the players (well the teenagers that are left with parents who have high limit credit cards) enjoy the new and cool stuff added to the game. :P

It's not about getting us to play less popular content. It's about getting us to earn more Dilithium, spend it on Zen, and sellers having to buy more Zen to meet the demand that will ensue eventually. Just my take on the whole thing.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    THAT is not the problem, not by a long shoot because you just replaced one Dilithium Grind (STFs) with another (Fleet Actions).

The problem is Omega Marks.

There is NO solo content for Omega Marks besides the "[easy]" missions on Defera that pay little and they are not exactly solo friendly either that leaves with the question of how players can enter STFs without being properly geared but also what happens when nobody queues.

In 3-4 months people that play STFs will be done, they would have zero incentive to play STFs after that point and so many people that currently run STFs would stop, in part because as they grant no Dilithium amassing the amounts for extra sets would be a "double grind", in one side they would have to grind for Marks and on the other for Dilithium and since they could not do both at the same time and having extra sets serves no real reason we would start looking at longer and longer queue times until we ended up with the same situation as Fleet Actions, few to none would be playing then.

If there was no Dilithium cost attached to Set gear then yes, I could understand removing the Dilithium reward but that is not what happen? even you are putting more Dilithium sources in then you sure as hell are also adding Dilithium sinks (Embassy, Omege and Romulan Stores) and if people are "hoarding it" ... well my Advance Fleet weapon comes with a 10,000 Dilithium tag AS WELL as Fleet Mark price, you want to remove Dilithium? fine ... but also remove Dilithium COSTS from the game since everything useful apparently comes with one, down to DOFFs.

it may not be solo...but the borg sector invasions areas give 10 omega marks and 480 dilth pre block per day....not to shabby if you ask me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    chiisauma wrote: »
    You still lied.

You still thought it was a good idea to force your players/customers to play the game in a way you found acceptable; for an amount of time per day you found acceptable, not taking into consideration if it was what they wanted or would enjoy.

You still completely ignored your player/customer feedback about your coming changes and did what you wanted, reguardless.

This is in no way good business practice. You do not ignore what custmers tell you, then tell your customers what you have decided it is they want. And you most certainly never lie to them. Not if you wish for them to remain customers for long.

As everyone else is; I am glad that you decided to re-think some of your recent decisions; and to actually take into account what it is the players/customers would like. This is definately an improvement we are all happy with.

But this never should have been an issue in the first place; and the damage is done. Restoring players/custoners confidence in you is going to take time and considerably more then an "oops, our bad" post on your part.

If I wanted this attitude of the company telling me what I want and be frelling happy with it, I would be playing EA games on Origin. The fact of the matter is, I don't and won't because EA's customer service pulls these sort of stunts CONSTANTLY.

While I'm thankful that the decision has been reversed, I can tell you I am one of those folk that's going to take a considerably long time to regain my trust (and confidence) in this. Oh, I'll still play, though it will be for considerably less time because I'm finding the requirement times for the Omega and Romulan tiers to be positively draconian. More than 36 hours to go from Tier 0 to Tier 1 (when Fleet projects at those levels were considerably less?) This qualifies as sucktastically poor grind. And earning the Romulan Marks on New Romulus stinks of the grinding I would expect in Blizzard North's World of ********.

Makes me regret not going and helping on Tribble. Not that it seemed to matter given it took backlash for Cryptic/PWE to listen
  • Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll repost a suggestion I made earlier.

I recall the statement made in the discussion about dilithium about concerns over players 'not refining enough dilithium ore', and that got me thinking...

To make it more accessible to players, why not further increase the rewards given, particularly with the dilithium costs associated with the fleet starbase/embassy projects (especially the special projects, that eat up 200,000 dilithium) and the higher tier reputation projects (requisitions and unlocks). Here's what I'd like to propose:

1. Leave the Fleet Action dilithium rewards and cooldowns where they are right now.

Fleet Actions = 1,440 dilithium.
    Cooldown = 30 minutes

2. STFs, which require serious amounts of teamwork just to complete and also achieve the optional objectives deserve large dilithium rewards for those who run them. Bump up the rewards for them to reflect the skill needed and reduce the cooldown for these missions by half.

Normal STFs = 720 dilithium.
    Bonus objective = 10% bonus to dilthium and Omega Marks
    Base Omega Marks stay the same.
    Cooldown = 30 minutes

Elite STFs = 1,440 dilithium
    Bonus objective = 25% bonus to dilithium and Omega Marks
    Base Omega Marks stay the same
    Borg Neural Processors stay the same.
    Cooldown = 30 minutes
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Holy Frak someone who made sense in all this un-necessary hoopla...

thanks I appreciate that.

There's so many numbers that they have to try to balance out that sometimes they just seem to get lost in the numbers. If people could step back and realize that in all of that sometimes they will get lost in trying to balance the numbers and it'll take a bit for them to realize it and come up with a strategy things would go so much smoother.

In the end we've gained more variety in getting Dilithium, granted not the high numbers that people want, but now there's more variety at least and that's a start. more dil per action whatever that might be really isn't the answer to everyone's prayers because in the end there's still the 8k cap.

More ways to get Dilithium and again as I suggested before a small increase to 10k or 11k for golds/lifers would take the pressure off which system to put Dilithium in. The only other suggestion I would make would be to decrease dil requirements to an even 1500 or 2000 for a project compared to something that between 1500-2000. For example taking an 1800 dil requirement and putting it either at 1500 or 2000. Then it becomes a much simpler balancing issue for players on when/where to spend Dilithium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    destroshadedestroshade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Greetings!

After many hours of deliberation and review of the post Season 7 player data, I've made the call to reverse the decision to remove Dilithium as a reward for running STFs. In addition, we've also decided to keep Dilithium as a reward in Fleet Actions.

There have been numerous posts explaining the rationale that went into the reward changes and I can clearly state that our goal of getting more Dilithium into the average player has been very successful. As the data suggested, there is a huge contingent of players that simply do not play STFs but are eager to earn Dilithium in other content. These players are benefiting from the addition of Dilithium in the Fleet Actions, so that worked well.

However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions has been outweighed by the frustration we've seen from STF fans since the launch of Season 7.

Season 7 is an awesome content filled update that the team is very proud of that has been overshadowed by player frustrations over the Dilithium changes. Cryptic has and always will take player feedback into consideration when making decisions and this is a case where we agree with the players that Dilithium should be back in the STFs. It is more fun to run STFs when you can earn Dilithium towards end game gear and no amount of data driven logic can outweigh this.

So here are the changes we'll be making in a maintenance build by the end of this week.
    • Normal STF runs will grant 480 Dilithium
    • Elite STF runs will grant 960 Dilithium
    • Space Fleet Action runs will grant 480 Dilithium
    • Ground Fleet Action runs will grant 640 Dilithium

This is in addition to the other rewards that STFs and Fleet Actions grant.

While this is still a change from Season 6, we hope that these new amounts will help the average player earn more Dilithium per day while maintaining the Dilithium that players who like to run STFs were receiving.

The additional Dilithium may impact the player-to-player Dilithium exchange rates in the future, but we would rather you were having fun in Season 7 than worrying about the economy. We have enough of that to deal with in the real world.

Thank you for your patience and for being the best community of any MMO.

- dstahl

(p.s. the web team has updated the blog I posted last night with these changes to help cut down on confusion.)

The key lesson everyone should take from this is, without Cryptic/PWE we would not have STO, BUT, but without US there is no STO either.

Before MAJOR changes occur that could impact core gameplay that addicts like myself (hardcore elite player) depend on for happy happy fun times, you know what I would like to see happen?

Surveys.

Lots of surveys. For instance if you took 50 players and asked them "hey how would you feel if you lost dil from a bunch of stuff, and yet more stuff cost dil? would you keep playing that content? would you play other stuff?" This whole entire mess could have been avoided entirely.

I'm sure you can read between the lines for this, you have devs and designers who build the game, come up with content, come up with concepts. But you are forgetting your BEST resource. The players. For a lot of us, we live, breathe, sleep and think Star Trek.

Finally I just want to say thank you for ignoring (hopefully) the MASSIVE nerdrage you guys were subjected to, thanks for the changes, I don't mind a minor reduction in dil from elites, that's fine, it was one of my suggestions, to spread things out a little bit.

Now I will be happy to do my normal grind, collecting borg processors and stuff along with my dil. I can survive not getting bonus loot. If I offended anyone with any of my posts earlier today I apologize, but you know about people and their opinions....

Cheers!
  • Options
    eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    After many hours of deliberation and review of the post Season 7 player data, I've made the call to reverse the decision to remove Dilithium as a reward for running STFs.

This is a good change, but I still think you should add small amounts of dilithium to mission replays and most PvE queue instances, and remove dilithium from the basic embassy projects.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crioijouls wrote: »
    I'll repost a suggestion I made earlier.

I recall the statement made in the discussion about dilithium about concerns over players 'not refining enough dilithium ore', and that got me thinking...

To make it more accessible to players, why not further increase the rewards given, particularly with the dilithium costs associated with the fleet starbase/embassy projects (especially the special projects, that eat up 200,000 dilithium) and the higher tier reputation projects (requisitions and unlocks). Here's what I'd like to propose:

1. Leave the Fleet Action dilithium rewards and cooldowns where they are right now.

Fleet Actions = 1,440 dilithium.
    Cooldown = 30 minutes

2. STFs, which require serious amounts of teamwork just to complete and also achieve the optional objectives deserve large dilithium rewards for those who run them. Bump up the rewards for them to reflect the skill needed and reduce the cooldown for these missions by half.

Normal STFs = 720 dilithium.
    Bonus objective = 10% bonus to dilthium and Omega Marks
    Base Omega Marks stay the same.
    Cooldown = 30 minutes

Elite STFs = 1,440 dilithium
    Bonus objective = 25% bonus to dilithium and Omega Marks
    Base Omega Marks stay the same
    Borg Neural Processors stay the same.
    Cooldown = 30 minutes

this would be perfect.

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The key lesson everyone should take from this is, without Cryptic/PWE we would not have STO, BUT, but without US there is no STO either.

Before MAJOR changes occur that could impact core gameplay that addicts like myself (hardcore elite player) depend on for happy happy fun times, you know what I would like to see happen?

Surveys.

Lots of surveys. For instance if you took 50 players and asked them "hey how would you feel if you lost dil from a bunch of stuff, and yet more stuff cost dil? would you keep playing that content? would you play other stuff?" This whole entire mess could have been avoided entirely.

I'm sure you can read between the lines for this, you have devs and designers who build the game, come up with content, come up with concepts. But you are forgetting your BEST resource. The players. For a lot of us, we live, breathe, sleep and think Star Trek.

Finally I just want to say thank you for ignoring (hopefully) the MASSIVE nerdrage you guys were subjected to, thanks for the changes, I don't mind a minor reduction in dil from elites, that's fine, it was one of my suggestions, to spread things out a little bit.

Now I will be happy to do my normal grind, collecting borg processors and stuff along with my dil. I can survive not getting bonus loot. If I offended anyone with any of my posts earlier today I apologize, but you know about people and their opinions....

Cheers!

What is the point of surveys if they don't listen to player feedback in the first place until everybody gets pissed? Isn't that the reason why Dstahl created this thread to announce a half-assed reversal on some Dilithium changes?
    However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions has been outweighed by the frustration we've seen from STF fans since the launch of Season 7.

Since season 7 hit the Tribble server people have been complaining about the reduced Dilithium rewards in STFs. Then when season 7 launches the Dilithium rewards in STFs are completely gone after it was already announced, and promised, they would still be there with the amounts as it were on the test server. And people have also been upset about the General Recruitment/Reassign Underperforming doff assignments at the academy costing Dilithium and/or having their costs increased.
  • Options
    suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic did listen to feedback! And they acted accordingly! Astounding!

I very much approve!
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • Options
    shkeltonshkelton Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you very much!!!

What a way to listen to the community - Bravo!
  • Options
    hylia#6092 hylia Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok who are you an what did you do with the real Dstahl and who kidnapped the cryptic team fess up you lot:D
  • Options
    destroshadedestroshade Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What is the point of surveys if they don't listen to player feedback in the first place until everybody gets pissed? Isn't that the reason why Dstahl created this thread to announce a half-assed reversal on some Dilithium changes?

Since season 7 hit the Tribble server people have been complaining about the reduced Dilithium rewards in STFs. Then when season 7 launches the Dilithium rewards in STFs are completely gone after it was already announced, and promised, they would still be there with the amounts as it were on the test server. And people have also been upset about the General Recruitment/Reassign Underperforming doff assignments at the academy costing Dilithium and/or having their costs increased.

My point was, maybe they should listen to the player base more? To prevent blow ups, to prevent devs from looking like asses by having to reverse a decision.

I'm a lifetime subscriber, plus I buy stuff from the z-store, I like to think the game I support takes my opinions into account, doesn't everyone feel they should have a say? Of course they do.

Every single person on this planet is opinionated in one form or another.

Elite stf's are like crack, and what happens with you take an addicts crack away from him? You get the friggin bull that's what you get. Change needs to be gradual, not abrupt ugly and painful. You'd be surprised what a person can handle when the change comes slowly enough that you don't really notice it.

Look at me giving them ideas... uh oh...
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Greetings!

After many hours of deliberation and review of the post Season 7 player data, I've made the call to reverse the decision to remove Dilithium as a reward for running STFs. In addition, we've also decided to keep Dilithium as a reward in Fleet Actions.

There have been numerous posts explaining the rationale that went into the reward changes and I can clearly state that our goal of getting more Dilithium into the average player has been very successful. As the data suggested, there is a huge contingent of players that simply do not play STFs but are eager to earn Dilithium in other content. These players are benefiting from the addition of Dilithium in the Fleet Actions, so that worked well.

Season 7 is an awesome content filled update that the team is very proud of that has been overshadowed by player frustrations over the Dilithium changes. Cryptic has and always will take player feedback into consideration when making decisions and this is a case where we agree with the players that Dilithium should be back in the STFs. It is more fun to run STFs when you can earn Dilithium towards end game gear and no amount of data driven logic can outweigh this.

So here are the changes we'll be making in a maintenance build by the end of this week.
    • Normal STF runs will grant 480 Dilithium
    • Elite STF runs will grant 960 Dilithium
    • Space Fleet Action runs will grant 480 Dilithium
    • Ground Fleet Action runs will grant 640 Dilithium

This is in addition to the other rewards that STFs and Fleet Actions grant.

While this is still a change from Season 6, we hope that these new amounts will help the average player earn more Dilithium per day while maintaining the Dilithium that players who like to run STFs were receiving.

Thank you for your patience and for being the best community of any MMO.

- dstahl

(p.s. the web team has updated the blog I posted last night with these changes to help cut down on confusion.)

Im quite amased, and stunned really,

You aktually turned season 7 into a very very good season and all u had to do was put back the dilithium for us who fought hard against the evil borgys.

i might aktually start to like you again!

i approve of this and i also have to personally congratulate you.

takeing back a decision you once made and thought was right is no little task.

well done a honest and very accurate well done much apriciated and again well done.

we cannot thank you enough for putting the rewards back and aktually let us enjoy the game instead of haveing to find another game to play.

thanks
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    im makeing this thread as a dedication for just a very simple but morally needed action.

A Thank you to Dstahl ( and possibly any other cryptic dude that shared in this bad event ) for listening reading and takeing action.
    i must personally say i take back 50% of all ive said in the past days and an i do apologise.
    but i do felt the situation did need some harsh words and drastic measures. ( i do not regret that part )

As an Elite Stf fan and player Thank you for listening and giving back our joy in the game.
    our channel we had was empty hardly people playing now its starting to kick back to life.
    small buds of players are returning and playing.

Thank you season 7 when i first saw it all i could see was "how the *** am i going to be able to do anything with no dilithium to pay the rent of starbases and equipment and consumables"
    i could honestly not even play the game.

now when the economy is going back i feel much more motivateing to get back on track and possible open new ways to explore this season.

so yes thank you for listening and acting correctly.
    i just thought that maybe there is others who wishes to say the same to you and the developers team. and thus i made this thread so maybe they will drop by and tell you their words.

anyways i spoken to much and to often for this year ;) thanks and hopefully we all get a happy ending.

season 7 now that economy is back in place and working might just be the best one you guys made

/ with best regards ghosty
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tons of people are already thanking them in this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=447051

Please dont post duplicates about the same subject.
  • Options
    rreubenrreuben Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    From Icarus Elite

We as a fleet thank you the dev team for listening and making this right for the player base, We understand needing to make the game work with in the field of the economy, but as you stated fun is more value to the economy then anger. As Leader of Icarus Elite I speak for my fleet here and im proud to be able to say Icarus Elite and our group in game will not be leaving as you proved you do listen to the player base, no other MMO out there would do this.

Now from me personally,

I believe if you had asked us the players more directly about our thoughts on a change this massive we could have expressed better our thought's, Thank you from me a 1,000+ day player I was so close to leaving the game but my faith has been restored.

R'C Icarus Commander,
    IcarusElite.Org @rf93
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***IcarusElite.org***R'C, 1 of 3, Dr. Bellet(FED)-Pal'Kin, Lihop, Casya(KDF) LVL 50.***Jan '08 Account I EARNED my 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! LTS = Death to Vet. System: 10/10/12 Never Forget Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dilithium in fleet actions - where ? , i have played over 25 and not got any dilithium . am i missing something ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
This discussion has been closed.