test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ELITE STFS GIVE 0 DILITHIUM season 7

Comments

• megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    I really wish you guys hadn't complained and whined and cried so much.

1 STF gives you 75 marks if you get the optional. That alone is enough to get you up to tier 1, which will take you about 3-4 days to complete.

Meanwhile you can grind dilithium in super easy fleet actions. 1440 dilithium for a 5-10 minute easy fleet action that has a 30 minute cooldown. So you get more dilithium in less time then what STFs gave prior to season 7. Oh and purple gear rewards for actually performing well, meaning there's less chance of an AFKer

No worrying about crappy pugs, no need to make a team for guaranteed success.

So...

FACT: IT'S EASIER AND FASTER TO GRIND DILITHIUM IN SEASON 7 THEN IT WAS IN SEASON 6.

Which of course you guys would have figured out if you weren't so reactionary and suffering from an affliction of nerdrage.

But because of your whining there's a good chance the Devs will reinstate dilithium rewards to STFs and that'll mean a nerf to dilithium rewards somewhere else and/or an additional dilithium sink.

If it doesn't, hooray. However Cryptic is probably trying to carefully balance the amount someone can grind.

Fact is, a good majority of us don't want to grind Lagfest 24 for dil when we could play a fun STF for it and get some good console/weapon rewards too. STF is THE premiere end game content, it needs to be top tier, but also playable. The new Borg damage bug needs to be fixed as well.
    If they bring back the dil, (even 980 dil per elite as originally intended would be acceptable) and they bring back the console/weapon drops, and fix the bugged out damages Borg do now in Infected space/Khotomer/Cure everyone will be satisfied, and that's what its all about, you need to keep your player-base satisfied, as they're the ones playing the game, and ultimately putting cash in PWE's and the devs Pockets.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fact is, a good majority of us don't want to grind Lagfest 24 for dil when we could play a fun STF for it and get some good console/weapon rewards too. STF is THE premiere end game content, it needs to be top tier, but also playable. The new Borg damage bug needs to be fixed as well.
    If they bring back the dil, (even 980 dil per elite as originally intended would be acceptable) and they bring back the console/weapon drops, and fix the bugged out damages Borg do now in Infected space/Khotomer/Cure everyone will be satisfied, and that's what its all about, you need to keep your player-base satisfied, as they're the ones playing the game, and ultimately putting cash in PWE's and the devs Pockets.

Exactly, rule number 1# Happy customers are more likely to be paying customers than unhappy ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If they bring back the dil, (even 980 dil per elite as originally intended would be acceptable)

The originally intended reward of 980 was back when the reputation XP projects required dilithium. When they removed that dilithium sink they then went about removing dilithium rewards from STFs and B'tran.

You see why I don't see the return of dilithium to STFs to be a victory? It'll either mean some new dilithium sink (unlikely at this point) or a removal/decrease of a dilithium reward from something else.

Edit: And looking at http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851 that's exactly what they've gone and done, nerf fleet actions.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The originally intended reward of 980 was back when the reputation XP projects required dilithium. When they removed that dilithium sink they then went about removing dilithium rewards from STFs and B'tran.

You see why I don't see the return of dilithium to STFs to be a victory? It'll either mean some new dilithium sink (unlikely at this point) or a removal/decrease of a dilithium reward from something else.

Edit: And looking at http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851 that's exactly what they've gone and done, nerf fleet actions.

Original situation:
    Grind STFs for Omega Marks only (sacrifice marks/BNPs for dilithium)
    Grind Fleet Actions for Dilithium, Gear & Fleet Marks

New situation:
    Grind STFs for Omega Marks & non-sacrificial Dilithium
    Grind Fleet Actions for Dilithium, Gear & Fleet Marks still

The overlap of options for players who would like to earn dilithium in either, without sacrificing required items from one system, has been achieved. I am finding it hard to be upset. Why should I be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • szioulszioul Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah. Grinding dilithium in the Season 7 launch system would be faster, but I like this upcoming one more.
    edited November 2012
    nikkyvix wrote: »
    Original situation:
    Grind STFs for Omega Marks only (sacrifice marks/BNPs for dilithium)
    Grind Fleet Actions for Dilithium, Gear & Fleet Marks

New situation:
    Grind STFs for Omega Marks & non-sacrificial Dilithium
    Grind Fleet Actions for Dilithium, Gear & Fleet Marks still

The overlap of options for players who would like to earn dilithium in either, without sacrificing required items from one system, has been achieved. I am finding it hard to be upset. Why should I be?

For me personally I don't play this game to grind brainless content (namely all PvE). I want to get my grinding out of the way quickly and get onto something that requires actual skill, namely PvP. Or use the free time to explore new Romulus.

Fleet actions at the moment allow me to grind that dilithium quickly and effortlessly, while STFs will require me to take a chance with pugs or waste a lot of time trying to get a team together.

Both take away time from what I enjoy, but fleet actions take less so.

So now I'll be spending even longer doing something I don't enjoy and isn't new.
    Previously Alendiak
    edited November 2012
    For me personally I don't play this game to grind brainless content (namely all PvE). I want to get my grinding out of the way quickly and get onto something that requires actual skill, namely PvP. Or use the free time to explore new Romulus.

Fleet actions at the moment allow me to grind that dilithium quickly and effortlessly, while STFs will require me to take a chance with pugs or waste a lot of time trying to get a team together.

Both take away time from what I enjoy, but fleet actions take less so.

So now I'll be spending even longer doing something I don't enjoy and isn't new.

Fleet Actions take less time and allow you to grind quickly and effortlessly.

Just guessing here based on what else I've heard. Are you referring to Starbase 24, which has been found to take barely a handful of minutes (4 were quoted to me) with a determined grind-team to award an exceptional amount of dilithium, faster than any STF before them? Cryptic's changes for Season 7 were to get away from stuff like that to begin with, so you can hardly fault complaints for that. All they needed was to pay attention and see where people focused their attention.

For me, I want to be able to combine efforts, and making marks and dilithium together (which I can now do in both events instead of just one) is my idea of efficiency. Beforehand, I had to spend time grinding one system, then move over to grinding another. That costs me time I would rather spend playing non-grinding content or roleplaying with fleet friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bmoviequeenbmoviequeen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have yet to ever see an Online Petition that has ever successfully changed a companies policy.

IN YOUR FACE! ... please, get your tongue out of cryptics TRIBBLE.
  • easytiger79easytiger79 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic fricking hates their community like no other MMO out there, they couldn't give two hoots about lying to you - all they want are your nerd-dollars. Have never seen a company so blatant about it, in gaming or anywhere else.

You got off this time but I GUARANTEE they are scheming other ways to completely f you in the a.
  • c0lmustardc0lmustard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    over 24 hours since I logged off an made my first post in this thread.

Lots of speculative raging (earned raging, granted) - No answers.

:rolleyes:

Rest my case.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    c0lmustard wrote: »

Rest my case.

Check again.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=447051
    edited November 2012
    c0lmustard wrote: »

Rest my case.

The viewpoint of this thread and in various others is that STFs should not have lost their dilithium rewards when it was understood that STFs would be maintaining their dilithium reward potential originally stated by devs (among other concerns).

Roughly 24 hours later:

https://twitter.com/Cryptic_dStahl/status/268849963927212032
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851

Rest my case. :)

---

To Mr. Stahl:

Thank you and the other devs again for listening and weighing the concerns of the community. We're a passionate bunch and often overreactive when feeling slighted and/or ignored, but as y'all have acknowledged in the past, it's because we care about the game we are playing and would like to think that our opinions matter. Not looking for hand-outs or easy completions, just the notion that our more legitimate concerns are being considered to an appropriate degree and we are being allowed to shape our Star Trek experience in a fun way.

Props given where it's due. Let's hopefully not have to go through this too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I really wish you guys hadn't complained and whined and cried so much.

1 STF gives you 75 marks if you get the optional. That alone is enough to get you up to tier 1, which will take you about 3-4 days to complete.

Meanwhile you can grind dilithium in super easy fleet actions. 1440 dilithium for a 5-10 minute easy fleet action that has a 30 minute cooldown. So you get more dilithium in less time then what STFs gave prior to season 7. Oh and purple gear rewards for actually performing well, meaning there's less chance of an AFKer

No worrying about crappy pugs, no need to make a team for guaranteed success.

So...

FACT: IT'S EASIER AND FASTER TO GRIND DILITHIUM IN SEASON 7 THEN IT WAS IN SEASON 6.

Which of course you guys would have figured out if you weren't so reactionary and suffering from an affliction of nerdrage.

But because of your whining there's a good chance the Devs will reinstate dilithium rewards to STFs and that'll mean a nerf to dilithium rewards somewhere else and/or an additional dilithium sink.

If it doesn't, hooray. However Cryptic is probably trying to carefully balance the amount someone can grind.
    Again, it had nothing whatsoever to do with us and your post is sooo the pot calling the kettle black.

It is not our problem if some unfun event gets it's dil nerfed. That's the fault of the developers. Whine to them, not us. They think the universe will explode if they allow both to award a high amount of dilithium. You whine to them. You don't whine to us that we are somehow responsible for their decisions beyond putting dilithium back in STFs.

I'm so very sorry if I want my dilithium farming to be more engaging than mindlessly shooting at everything. That's when it becomes a grind and the last thing I want is dilithium grinding. So if it makes you feel so much better then go right ahead and blame us. I'm sure Cryptic won't mind, they'll probably give you a 50 dollar bill or something for your lack of anger aiming ability.
    edited November 2012
    romuzarii wrote: »
    Again, it had nothing whatsoever to do with us and your post is sooo the pot calling the kettle black.

It is not our problem if some unfun event gets it's dil nerfed.

That's the fault of the developers. Whine to them, not us. They think the universe will explode if they allow both to award a high amount of dilithium. You whine to them. You don't whine to us that we are somehow responsible for their decisions beyond putting dilithium back in STFs.

Here's the thing, it was obvious they were going to reduce/remove the dilithium reward of something if they were going to instate it in STFs. So infact yes, your whining did make it harder for me to grind dilithium.
    I'm so very sorry if I want my dilithium farming to be more engaging than mindlessly shooting at everything. That's when it becomes a grind and the last thing I want is dilithium grinding. So if it makes you feel so much better then go right ahead and blame us. I'm sure Cryptic won't mind, they'll probably give you a 50 dollar bill or something for your lack of anger aiming ability.

STFs are hardly engaging, they're almost just as mindless after you've run them for 800+ times. The difference is fleet actions are fast and mindless, letting me get on to do something that's actually fun. Like explore new romulus or do PvP, the former being something actually new while the latter is more taxing on the skills then STFs. Now however, instead of doing a fast mindless grind I'm doing a long mindless grind.

Now if cryptic were to give PvP a 1440 dilithium reward for the winning team, I'd stop whining and wouldn't touch a brainless fleet action or mindless STF ever.

Of course that would mean cryptic actually doing something with PvP.
    Previously Alendiak
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    See the Tribble notes saying they putting back the STF Dilitium, but 480 for Space and 640 for ground. (No idea if optional bonuses are implemented or not).

I honestly don't understand why Cryptic / PW did this in the first place. Give players the option to do what they like to do than forcing them to do content they do not want to do.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I honestly don't understand why Cryptic / PW did this in the first place.
    Because they don't value their players, and wanted to see if they could get away with it.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Because they don't value their players, and wanted to see if they could get away with it.

If it wasn't for those meddling kids...... ;)

Honestly, I no longer believe Perfect World has any intention of working with us as they originally said they would.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If it wasn't for those meddling kids...... ;)

Honestly, I no longer believe Perfect World has any intention of working with us as they originally said they would.

Hasn't this happened before? Oh yeah.....
  • obiwonko1obiwonko1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    STF's brought fleets together to complete them we have not done runs together. There is no reason to otherwise we would be competing in fleet action. As a person who has spent lots of money on this game fix it now. I want to play with fleet mates and gt my rewards for doing so.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    As you've all read, Dilithium Rewards are back in tomorrow's patch. Thanks for the feedback :) There are other up-to-date threads on the subject where discussion can continue.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.