test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Can't Slot Bridge Officers as of 2/14/13 (RESOLVED 2/21!)

gcjmgcjm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hey anyone else having an issue with assigning bridge officers
Post edited by gcjm on

Comments

• rapptor7rapptor7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Me too! Can't assign my science BOFFs, which is very frustrating. :-(
  • herbie1966herbie1966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They also apparently carried over the 'All BOff Powers Available at the Same Time' BUG I read about being on tribble.

My BOff Powers list is HUGE, and I can put any one I want, in any ship.
  • wildleeroywildleeroy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same problem. Got a new fleet ship and I can't assign any boffs, also im showing many abilities of boffs I don't have equiped in my abilities window.
  • yatrellyatrell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been having the problem sporadically - I've yet to be unable to assign ANY officer, but there's always one station or another that won't fill. At the moment, I can't assign my first ever Purple officer, whom I just received.

I personally don't seem to be experiencing the 'All BOff Powers Available at the Same Time' bug.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Had the same thing happen to me. They seem to be tied together. My exact sequence of events:
    Purchased the Regent Assault Cruiser Retrofit
    Assigned Bridge Officers without a problem
    Traveled to another location to have a fleet member train some different skills on one of my officers.
    Removed the officer to be trained, stripped his equipment, traded him, received him back with his new abilities.
    Upon opening the screen to reslot him, all my officer slots were empty even though I'd only removed this particular one, and only the slot I'd emptied would respond to a new assignment (the officer I'd traded).
    Upon returning to space, I found that all the officers that were previously equipped were still equipped, despite the slots showing empty, and all of their abilities were available. The officer I traded for training seems to be working normally, only has his normal set of powers available.
    Edit: Game crashed when I attempted to return to it after typing this, upon reloading, the "empty" slots are still functioning as above. Workaround - swap the "empty" slot with an officer that was not originally in that slot, slots return to normal and can be reassigned.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • ardanonardanon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same problem for me. I can't assign my new Borg Engineering Officer and it's seriously irritating. I also tried to open A GM Ticket for the problem and after I did it the ticket isn't in my list of tickets... awesome.
  • zatric13zatric13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here. I only have one Science officer, and one slot which is empty, and I can't assign her to that station.
  • milkboxrunner33milkboxrunner33 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Anyone still having a problem with this? Just got a new ship as well and I can't assign anybody to any station. Frustrating.
  • yatrellyatrell Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Anyone still having a problem with this? Just got a new ship as well and I can't assign anybody to any station. Frustrating.

The problem still exists for me as well. Unfortunately I can't apply jbmaverick's workaround, as I only have one Engineering Bridge Officer and no open slots.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Having this problem. Can't assign my engineering and science boffs.
  • redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Got my Mobius yesterday and gaaaaah! I can only assign away team boffs and not space ones. Irritating.
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am having the same issue, I have a large number of ships, and just enough officers to Assign to my ships with the just the powers I want to function in battle properly. I assign them to one ship go to another ship and have to do the whole process over again. This has happened with all three classes of officers tactical, Science, and Engineering. Kinda ticking me off, I can understand having to rearrange powers when having officers assigned to multiple ships. But removing them completely from one ship over another rather then the old system is preposterously not smart.

These issues whether they be with the Client Launcher(which has been resolved) and this issue is making me seriously consider moving over to SWTOR Free to Play.
  • mikehawk77mikehawk77 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yea same issue. Unable to do any BOFF updating on ALL characters. Another crypsh!tz failure. I'm just gonna go ahead & take a few weeks off til they pull their collective TRIBBLE together. :rolleyes:
  • kl2bmarkkl2bmark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In regards to the OP I too have this issue - and have put in a ticket about it.
    These issues whether they be with the Client Launcher(which has been resolved) and this issue is making me seriously consider moving over to SWTOR Free to Play.

I came from SWTOR to STO Free to Play. SWTOR has no endgame at all and becomes very very dull.

I'd only reccomend it as a single player RPG at best - the communities dying and F2P is a last gasp attempt to save it. Shame they're not releasing content at the same rate as the likes of GW2 which would have solved the problem.
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Had this problem, then i succeed in putting in the tray my abilities plus other extra abilities (like gravity well and warp plasma).
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • stevenslestevensle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am unable to assign bridge officers but the ones i can not assign are Saurian..
  • authorboyauthorboy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm having this problem too. Very annoying. :(
  • corbormitecorbormite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same problem. One particular boff can be assigned to any of his dept station, the rest can't be assigned anywhere.
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    corbormite wrote: »
    same problem. One particular boff can be assigned to any of his dept station, the rest can't be assigned anywhere.

^^^ This... And of course, it's my Tac officer on my Armitage. I can set 1 of the three
  • keestrompkeestromp Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I also can't equip my boffs. I can relate their powers to my hotbar but I cannot assign them to my interface at all. please fix this
    edited November 2012
    Possible solution....

If you can set one BOFF... Put them into a station. Click the same station, and assign another to it.

The 'new BOFF will show up. Click your next station, and assign your first boff (the one you were able to assign). Repeat the procedure until every slot is filled... (I found this out by accident, but, it works)
  • albinoeatpodalbinoeatpod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Screenshot of the bug, with two BOFF powers that I don't have: GW1 and VM2, both of which are useable.

http://i.imgur.com/z3i5a.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Try the above using Theixox to set your other Engineering slots, and see if you can set at least one Tac to open the others
  • seathemacseathemac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Go to the shipyard selector, swap ships then swap back.
    Reassign all your BOFFs.
  • corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    seathemac wrote: »
    Reassign all your BOFFs.

I think this worked for me.
  • auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same issue here.. Pretty much puts me off from playing till its fixed since Space combat is 90% of my time in game.
  • redstarsweredstarswe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    auric2000 wrote: »
    Same issue here.. Pretty much puts me off from playing till its fixed since Space combat is 90% of my time in game.

100% for me, so it does indeed suck!
    A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
  • spike0337spike0337 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    seathemac wrote: »
    Reassign all your BOFFs.

this works did it today and was able to assign boffs.
  • kelmar238kelmar238 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Having this problem too with the blockade runner. I can assign 4/5 of my officers. Yes all the boffs are of appropriate type. i've even dismissed a bugged officer. When i picked up a new one I could put him in, but then it popped a different one out and I can't get him back in. :(
  • tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here. No see any of my boff
This discussion has been closed.