What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ELITE STFS GIVE 0 DILITHIUM season 7

Comments

• Options
    mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOl amazing isnt it what those bugs" are capable of. They have even eaten the little picture of dill clean off the StF que. Dill has a cap.... why was it deemed necessary to make it a major grind in the boring old and extremely dated starbase 24 and klingon scout force etc to get dill and some piece of kit. Plus why would people go into these events with their friends and fleet to basically compete against them for the best reward.. They wont, they will just pug it in the hope of total noobs they can out class. They have basically taken away the reason to fight together with fleet and friends in PvE because why do we need to get the optional in stfs now??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    we have to unlock drops for gear good luck getting to 1
    yep they just give marks now
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: RE: Dilithium - I've just submitted a blog about the Dilithium changes that will be posted on the website shortly

This sounds ominous, could be good though fingers crossed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ok a couple of bits of information. Daniel Stahl popped into TTS Global channel. and said a Blog entry concerning Dilithium earning is coming soon. "Too many detail to relate in chat". And an exclamation by a player in TTS chat I think is related.
    [8:03] [TTS] {redacted}: Holy Hell, DILITHIUM is now available for scanning anomalies?? :O
    [8:03] [TTS] {redacted}: I scanned a physical substance, got 480 dilithium packet! :O
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The silence does speak volumes. I mean seriously this last minute change is just ridiculous. And they want us to spend $50 for a Vesta pack? Hell no.
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm just going from the PVE Queue GUI, which states explicitly by using both Icons and description what each PVE game gets you.

So as you can see Starbase 24 has an icon for Dilith and Gear, and in it's descriptions states that you will be awarded with that. Whereas the STF's show the Marks Icon and state that you only get marks.

If you look however at the Azure mission, you will find a Romulan Marks icon, but in the description blurb it state you also receive a small number of fleet marks.

It is interesting that they do not state in the STF's that you will also receive a "small amount" of dilith.

My conclusion is thus that either they plan not to put any Dilithium in, or that they have left it ambiguous to see the reaction of the community and then decide whether to add it or not.

Hopefully the latter.

I have also taken into account the Awards IE; Points, Dil, Gear icons at the end of each event. . Seemingly it doesn't look like we will recieve anything more than Omega Points for STF's. As far as playing other events for Dil, and Gears I don't waste time on them hardly anyone on wanting to play Star Base 24. .

If this is a bug, they need to fix it and soon cause I am owed allot in the way of Dil, and loot. If this is actually how it is going to be then I am out with this sinking ship.

If this is what they totally had in mind for S7 they sure didn't want to spill the beans. I would have experiened the new system on Tribble unfortunately hardly anyone is on that server for me to even enjoy any thing new under development.

Sadly there is allot of misinformation going around, and I can't make heads or tails of anything. The loot, and dil better still be in STF's or I am gone.
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOl amazing isnt it what those bugs" are capable of. They have even eaten the little picture of dill clean off the StF que. Dill has a cap.... why was it deemed necessary to make it a major grind in the boring old and extremely dated starbase 24 and klingon scout force etc to get dill and some piece of kit. Plus why would people go into these events with their friends and fleet to basically compete against them for the best reward.. They wont, they will just pug it in the hope of total noobs they can out class. They have basically taken away the reason to fight together with fleet and friends in PvE because why do we need to get the optional in stfs now??

My thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The silence does speak volumes. I mean seriously this last minute change is just ridiculous. And they want us to spend $50 for a Vesta pack? Hell no.

With no unique bridge, I'd say it's not worth it. I'm regretting buting it after discovering that! In terms of the lack of DL in STF's. I'm not surprised the Dev team deceived the players! This seems to be something they do more and more as time goes on.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Lets just wait for the blog post, disaster may well be averted :) *prays*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lets just wait for the blog post, disaster may well be averted :) *prays*

I ahve other games vying for my Hd space. I was going to wait a week. I might be waiting less to make a decision. It'll annoy my friend who just started playing but i refuse to be jerked around. Answers are required or i'll be gone and i wont be looking back unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    dilithium No Longer Directly Rewarded From Stf Runs, But Still Via Indirect Turn-ins
    After A Lot Of Internal Deliberate, We Made The Decision To Remove Dilithium As A Direct Reward From Stfs To Make It Consistent With All Current And Future Reputation Content (for Example Romulan Reputation Mission Do Not Directly Reward Dilithium Either). However, Stfs Still Reward Dilithium Indirectly Via Omega Marks And Borg Neural Processors (elite Only) Via Projects In The Omega Fleet Reputation.

(as per D. Stahl's blog post http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=747851)

Confirmed No Dilithium
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    While you are correct in your assessment, Stahl was quoted saying that there would be dil rewards for STFs. Specifically 480normal, 960 elite.

LOL. Stahl lies.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOL. Stahl lies.

At this point, are any of us actually surprised? When he says something, expect the exact polar opposite to occur.
  • Options
    outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOL. Stahl lies.

HE lies and i'm done.

3.5 hours a day? Sorry No can ****ing do not for this game any more. Talk about an epic failure. Great ideas. Disastrous implementation. And further of this Pay 2 Win philosophy that's been permiating this game since season 6 dropped. 3.5 hours of dilithium GRIND and thats doing nothing else.

Voting with my wallet. And my HD space. I'm done with PWE. Not just this game.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    right so its confirmed stfs are dead no point in playing them now fleet actions instead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    And some more bad news for those willing to play on...
    borticus@Borticus: It's 1000 for 10 BNP, not 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hey, PWE/Cryptic, someone at your company interested in actually making money from your customers, Id start whatever motion you can to get your executive producer's resignation and appoint someone that will take care of the people that are lining your pockets... ya know if you're even interested in that sorta thing.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    right so its confirmed stfs are dead no point in playing them now fleet actions instead

Don't worry, their dilith payouts will be nerfed in next week's maintenance patch.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Of course it's now 10 BNP. Are they going to sell some lube with that Steam Starter Pack. I prefer KY when I'm getting ****ed.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And some more bad news for those willing to play on...

Hahaha, that's pathetic... I'm not even surprised anymore.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dstahl posted "Dilithium Ore is an in-game currency that is given out as a reward for completing missions of Cryptic?s choosing. "

in short dstahl is saying YOU PLAY WHAT I WANT YOU TO PLAY OR GET THE FOCK OUT

nice real nice nice,

so my elite stfs that i loved and did for fun gives me nothing now.
    and if i wanted to get dilithium i need to do content that is 2 hours long for 1440 dilithium ( big dig took 2 hours for a bloody pugg )

real nice how bout you fix the ****ty missions you add instead of takeing away those that work with good rewards ?

this is bullying and ignorance at its top

crush the individuals while you can cryptic couse you obviously have a good idea how to do it.

we might as well just join the collective as ur personal slaves ehh ?

Resistance is futile join the cryptic collektive thoughts about 1 game 1 game play and 1 way

real nice real nice
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sorry guys :(

EDIT...

seem Borts was trolling us...

he later said...
    [9:31] [tts] borticus@Borticus: Oop, sorry, you're right. It's only 5.

I guess the only way to know for sure is when someone tries to turn in 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dilithium Ore is an in-game currency that is given out as a reward for completing missions of Cryptic?s choosing.

dstahl just told everyone what to do.

if you dont do what they want you get no rewards enjoy

i heard some people in 1920-1939 did the same ? rings a bell ?

ignorance and anti individualism.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Last time I checked, the guys who make the game have the final say in what goes where. If they nerf the missions you like, you can't do much except complain.

I'm not saying these are good changes, mind you; they're godawful and they ought to change it back.

Just, you're wrong for calling it "bullying".
  • Options
    mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    How on earth can the removal of any reason to play with your fleet and friends be beneficial, to this game or their income, the perverbial logic completely escapes me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Dilithium Ore is an in-game currency that is given out as a reward for completing missions of Cryptic?s choosing.

dstahl just told everyone what to do.

if you dont do what they want you get no rewards enjoy

i heard some people in 1920-1939 did the same ? rings a bell ?

ignorance and anti individualism.

I'd say it's a tad harsh to compare their engineering and herding of the player base is akin to herding political enemies (e.g. KDP commisars) into Dachau.:o

I've been monitoring PublicEliteSTF and no one ground STF has been posted all night. So I guess we were right about that too Ground STF's are dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    R.I.P. STFs.

Most weren't fun before but at least gave out decent rewards. Now they're no fun and have worthless rewards.
  • Options
    anticlonusanticlonus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    LOOK at the PVE queue it will tell you what rewards you get for mission, STF's are not listed as awarding Dilithium, it may well not be a bug. In fact most of us are now of the belief that it isn't a bug.

Dilithium is only awarded from:

Breaking the Planet
    Gorn Minefield
    Starbase 24
    Klingon Scout Force
    The Big Dig
    [FED]

Yes, those are the "Fleet actions" I refer to. Specifically I ran Klingon Scout force. No dilithium.
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited November 2012
    I know its probably a very unpopular opinion , but i dont see why people are complaining to the extent they are doing

sto has been absolutely easy in mmo terms , easy to gear , a joke to level , and suddenly it gets more of a challenge and people riot :confused:
    yes i know people dont like to grind , but grinding is a fact of most mmos . not liking it isnt going to make it go away
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
This discussion has been closed.