Re-Sex - 1,000 Zen

Re-Career - 1,000 Zen

Re-Species - 1,000 Zen

Total Respec Bundle including name change = 5,000 Zen Points

Total price in just remaking your toon = Priceless xD
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • bern9bern9 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    :) I don't see how changing a level 50 engineer, to a level 50 scientific officer would be a problem and I would go for that
    Simcore
    Alien lieutenant general, house of duras
    Human vice admiral, icarus fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]=/\= '...to boldly go, where no game has gone before...' =/\=
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I look forward to the day for a retrait token, I really want to retrait my first 50...chose her traits when I was a complete newb so they are pretty junk lol.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • rachel1018rachel1018 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    STO professions aren't really full classes as much as they are trees, IMHO.

A recareer would be more like respecting between a Holy and Shadow spec priest, IMHO.

Makes no sense, because there are still specializations within a career path. A Sciece officer for example can choose to put points into healing, debuffing, or some into boff. That's the comparable specs to WoW or other games, not the career. The unique abilities to career paths would break the game if people are allowed to change a single character to any career they want between runs.

Last time I leveled an alt it took less than 20 hours of play between missions and duty officer assignments. That's insanely fast. Just suck it up and realize if they allow you to recareer they won't see one of the things keeping them alive with the amazingly slow content release, people leveling alts for something else to do. Leveling alts also means spending zen for character slots, character storage, ships, and even new species unlocks. Recareer just won't happen unless they get desperate.

Essentially what you're saying is you want to level a hunter (or a tac) because it's easy. Then when you hit endgame, you want to make it a paladin healer (or sci) instead because everyone likes heals. The ground specialization options for each career are as different as their strengths. While your theory is correct in space as every career has all the same options to put points into their, it doesn't hold up when ground specifically is factored in.
  • unknownmgxunknownmgx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Retrait Token
    Should 1st Priority. Traits and their effects keep changing.

Respecies Token
    Should be 2nd on list. I'd use it to avoid new toon creation (lazy).
    Sex choice should be included with Re-Species Token.

Recareer Token
    Should be last on list or never implemented. This is Super Lazy, Super Easy.
    Might be too powerful. Instantly transform Lvl 50 Engineer to Lvl 50 Science. WOW

/agree with this!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rachel1018 wrote: »
    Makes no sense, because there are still specializations within a career path. A Sciece officer for example can choose to put points into healing, debuffing, or some into boff. That's the comparable specs to WoW or other games, not the career. The unique abilities to career paths would break the game if people are allowed to change a single character to any career they want between runs.

Last time I leveled an alt it took less than 20 hours of play between missions and duty officer assignments. That's insanely fast. Just suck it up and realize if they allow you to recareer they won't see one of the things keeping them alive with the amazingly slow content release, people leveling alts for something else to do. Leveling alts also means spending zen for character slots, character storage, ships, and even new species unlocks. Recareer just won't happen unless they get desperate.

Essentially what you're saying is you want to level a hunter (or a tac) because it's easy. Then when you hit endgame, you want to make it a paladin healer (or sci) instead because everyone likes heals. The ground specialization options for each career are as different as their strengths. While your theory is correct in space as every career has all the same options to put points into their, it doesn't hold up when ground specifically is factored in.

Well, command requires an awareness of all three. It's not something you innately are.

Also... It's not that I don't have maxed alts of multiple classes. It's more that sometimes a given alt has something that would suit a different class better.
    edited October 2012
    Also, in STO, all three classes use the same mechanics.

You can't honestly say that Science and Tactical and Engineer is as different as Priests, Warriors, Paladins. Mages, and Hunters.

If class mechanics varied, it would be one thing.

But STO is a one class game with three trees.

The difference between Science, Tactical, and Engineer are less than the difference between Holy and Ret Spec Paladins.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2012

You can't honestly say that Science and Tactical and Engineer is as different as Priests, Warriors, Paladins. Mages, and Hunters.

The difference between Science, Tactical, and Engineer are less than the difference between Holy and Ret Spec Paladins.

Which makes even less sense that you can't switch between them. :P
    edited October 2012

We agree.

I'd either like to see reprofession tokens on the C-Store or just flat out make having a side profession or two the big feature push with the level/rank increase.

It'd be a massive expertise dump if your side professions required the same experise as 1-50.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    stark2k wrote: »
    Cost?

Retrait - 500 Zen

Re-Sex - 1,000 Zen

Re-Career - 1,000 Zen

Re-Species - 1,000 Zen

Total Respec Bundle including name change = 5,000 Zen Points

Total price in just remaking your toon = Priceless xD

That would be a little to much zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited October 2012

We agree.

I'd either like to see reprofession tokens on the C-Store or just flat out make having a side profession or two the big feature push with the level/rank increase.

It'd be a massive expertise dump if your side professions required the same experise as 1-50.

My 5 Million+ XP pool agrees.
  • rachel1018rachel1018 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2012

From what I understand of how the game has changed in the past year from friends still playing that's not as accurate as it used to be. That said, you all are just going to believe what you like and post repeatedly it should be anyway, regardless of any logic anyone posts. Have fun.
    edited October 2012
    rachel1018 wrote: »
    From what I understand of how the game has changed in the past year from friends still playing that's not as accurate as it used to be. That said, you all are just going to believe what you like and post repeatedly it should be anyway, regardless of any logic anyone posts. Have fun.

You don't play anymore?

And I'd say on the ground, class only matters for what kit you can equip and the roles overlap and the primary relevance is still more weapons/shields/armor/consumables in fights with tough enemies. A tanking kit is very nice but 2/3rds of classes have those. A healing kit is nice but 2/3rds of classes have those.

In space, it might matter more but that's more about buff synergy than different game mechanics.

It matters in the same way that you don't want a Fury Warrior as your tank in WoW.

It's not like classes are 100% ranged, 100% melee, or 75% pet based. The mechanics are not dictated by class. The buffs are. The buffs may help determine what mechanics you pick up to optimize your performance...

But it's not a completely different game the way fantasy RPGs are or Champs/CoH for that matter. You still have your gun. You still use the same energy/ability resources and the same power settings to utilize and 90% of the same abilities, dictated by BOs or weapons. You don't have flying people versus running people or guns versus axes, pre-set by class.

Over half what a typical MMO would call your "class" is determined by ship and weapons.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You people are forgetting the one and most imortant question:

How hard is it for a dev to implement a Re-trait, re-sex, re-species, and re-profession?

and on top of that, a second one:

How much will it cost us the consumer?

Is it merely overwriting our toons, erasing data and replacing it? How will this effect items? accolades? STF Gear? etc...

I see the potential problem of complication.

numbers, equations, overload of players wanting change, time, money, resources, etc...

Can a dev at least give us some insight on this daunting task?

Tumerboy aka tacofang where are you?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Tumerboy aka tacofang where are you?

I'm not sure how much insight he could give. You'd probably be better off asking Geko or Jeremy and better still zer0nius or a programmer.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I like all my current toons just the way they are...

If I want a new experience in playing the game, I'd rather create a new Alt.
    (I save many of the lower levels items my End-game toons acquire, exactly for this purpose)

I just wish They would give us a way to Re-Box our specialty ships.

I stupidly wasn't paying close attention one time and opened my D'Kora (which I was saving for a new Ferengi Alt) on the wrong toon. <grumble>

And I'm not looking for it to be completely convertible back to an Unbound Item which could be sold...

I just want it Account Bound so I can stick it in my Account Bank for a new Alt to use.

I've got several specialty ships on older toons that I've grown bored playing.

I'd most likely spend a greater amount of money outfitting a new toon with assorted stuff if I could just transfer a particular ship, that I've already probably spent a lot of money to acquire, to said toon.

I'm far less likely to spend any more money trying to get a repeat Lock-box ship, than I would leveling up another alt.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm not sure how much insight he could give. You'd probably be better off asking Geko or Jeremy and better still zer0nius or a programmer.

This..

It seems like a lot more of a systems tech problem than a content problem. Somewhere along the line somebody mentioned something like taking the basement out of a house, without damaging the house in any way.
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since you made Lifetime offer cheaper, and with the changes in season 7 you obviously wan't us to focus only on one toon, I think it's time to finally offer race change token in Z-Store.

My main toon was created at the launch, and there weren't that many races available back then.

So I resurrect this topic back in light. Make race changes possible!
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    Since you made Lifetime offer cheaper, and with the changes in season 7 you obviously wan't us to focus only on one toon, I think it's time to finally offer race change token in Z-Store.

My main toon was created at the launch, and there weren't that many races available back then.

So I resurrect this topic back in light. Make race changes possible!

I agree to this, I am a recent LTSer and someone who specifically focuses on one single character.

I want to race change my human to a Lib. Borg Human.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • doghou5edoghou5e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'd be happy with once you hit VA you can start another character at captain level.

I do agree that with the focus on endgame content you end up spending more time on the main character that you use and something like this or a re-trait token would be excellent.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Need a retrait well before a rerace...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited November 2012
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Need a retrait well before a rerace...

Retrait is like Rerace in my eyes. The purpose is to use your old toon for new races that were available after.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    3000 ? 2000 zen ? No ?
  • vikingraidervikingraider Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    heh...if you play long enough you'd end up with at least 6 "main" characters. one of each class each faction, and all equally geared.

BUT, having a betaziod tactical with telepathy SUCKS. made that the day game went live. so would love to turn her into a caitian :) and atleast one of my Klingons into a Kzinti (the name Ferasan is a criptic made up race name, as Feras is the Caitian's name for Cait.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    heh...if you play long enough you'd end up with at least 6 "main" characters. one of each class each faction, and all equally geared.

BUT, having a betaziod tactical with telepathy SUCKS. made that the day game went live. so would love to turn her into a caitian :) and atleast one of my Klingons into a Kzinti (the name Ferasan is a criptic made up race name, as Feras is the Caitian's name for Cait.)

Yes, but Season 7 forces you to grind rep...hence from your 6, you will end up with 1-2....
  • markeaton53markeaton53 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am Male Gorn and I am not angry that I decided Gorn, I wanted to be one and I still in some way feel good in it, but ... still if re-species will be possible i will change "myself".

I am only telling myself that ... lol ... untill it will be possible I will finally accept that it isn't possible and accept again in 100% my "Gorn self".
    Lieutenant General KDF Rereg
    edited November 2012
    I've been thinking about this and I think maybe a part of how a respecies would work might well involve a bit of reformatting how species works under the default assumption that everyone is a custom alien but with the perk of limiting certain options in exchange for others. One problem is how, in general, "custom alien" is the best choice.
    edited November 2012
    You people are forgetting the one and most imortant question:

How hard is it for a dev to implement a Re-trait, re-sex, re-species, and re-profession?

Not very. Countless games have it as an option, including Cryptics own Champions I believe.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been thinking about this and I think maybe a part of how a respecies would work might well involve a bit of reformatting how species works under the default assumption that everyone is a custom alien but with the perk of limiting certain options in exchange for others. One problem is how, in general, "custom alien" is the best choice.
    The custom Alien pool isn't as diverse as it looks at first glance. Most of the actual races have a trait or optional trait you can't get as an Alien.

Also, there's a LOT of options available for custom aliens that aren't available to any named race, but many named race traits are NOT availale to Alien. Trill spots for example. There is exactly 1 option for Trill spots on an Alien, but that is only for the face, upper and lower body do not have the option.

and racial traits.... Alien gets a lot of really good ones, but most named races have a unique trait that Alien can't have. Some are unique abilities, others are improved versions of generic powers. see: http://www.stowiki.org/Trait_chart
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg