test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official New Romulus Feedback Thread

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
Any bugs, comments, or concerns can go here!

This involves the system map, and any mission or environmental issues on the ground map.
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• thehavrahathehavraha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Does this mean its being put on Tribble soon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am a Cheestah.
    Check out my Foundry missions
    Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
    KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    thehavraha wrote: »
    Does this mean its being put on Tribble soon?

Well the patch notes are up! We should be back soon?
  • caileachcaileach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Star Trek Online: Guild Wars 2 edition LOL! All joking aside so far it's awesome!
    When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    New Romulus looks awesome, no other way to put it. Great work to all you guys.

Only noticable "bug" I've noticed is being able to walk inside the huge Nanov.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's beautiful. I love the environment.

The cut scenes are nice (good voice acting, too), and I like that it's not just all kill X number of Y missions. Although I did like going through the forest and having the Hirogen try to hunt me. That was cool. I'm glad you can also bring a BOFF along.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    New Romulus looks awesome, no other way to put it. Great work to all you guys.

Only noticable "bug" I've noticed is being able to walk inside the huge Nanov.

Thanks!

I'll be taking care of that on Monday.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • mrtsheadmrtshead Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Would feedback for the Embassy map go here as well? If so, I noticed while walking around that the sound fx plays for what I assume will be an unlockable fountain/lounge area in the stairwells, even though obviously the area hasn't been unlocked yet.
  • sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I did the Starbase (234?) mission where you fly in, shoot some ships, shoot the starbase.

Now I'm in a 10k dps mobius with 2 armour enhancements and 2 shield boosters and I eventually blew up when I wasn't moving. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to destroy the starbase or just get it low, but the mission didn't seem to fail, it seemed like it was just a 'stay in combat for the full duration'.

I'm being intentionally vague - because this is how people will actually play the game. I didn't read quest text.

On new romulus
    I did the warehouse mission.

Basically, at the end you fight a ship/shuttle. Which has collisions with the elevated floors and boxes turned off sort of, and it doesn't seem to actually die at 0 health.

I'm not sure it's a 'bug' so much as as good as your technology can do, without being easily exploitable (getting mobs stuck in doors has been a problem for 20 years). None of the rest of the ground stuff seemed problematic on normal, standard ae expose ae exploit -> win trash. And yes, I died several times, because I really hate sniper rifles. Bloody MACO set. But that's unrelated.

The other stuff seemed to be run around click things, shoot things. The ground game just isn't very good, and making it grindy for want of a better phrase isn't really helping.
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm not entirely sure if this is the right thread, though I haven't noticed it anywhere else aside from beaming down and 'repairing' stuff on NR.

...I don't have any hands. Somehow using the scanner appears to have... made my character's hands vanish. The uniform wrist is there, but everything down is..gone.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah I had same problem in the warehouse the boffs got stuck. I'm thinking I want most of it to be a surprise in some ways so I didn't do a whole lot just to get this gist of any bugs and lay of the land before it goes live.

I will have to say this content is extremely better than the past content thats come out from Cryptic. I was expecting some copy and paste fed dialogue to KDF side but it appears like the time was taken to make it feel more Klingon especially when I did the patrol and had dialogue that actually sounded like something someone from the Klingon Empire would say :D

Well all I can say is from what I've been able to play so far which probally is just a small fraction of what season 7 is... Cryptic has delivered and it hasn't even been delivered yet LOL :D
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Plants or whatever the tall stuff is, the alpha texture shows up at certain times as white areas on top of the stems of the tall grass/plant stuff, where the alpha would be to make it look transparent on the tops.

This was top right area of the new romulous colony, maybe other places.

Also major annoying pop in of planets lod happening at not a great distance from me. My gfx are maxed out ingame and on a good system i.e 3570k, 570gtx 8gb ddr3 1600mhz. Can something be done so the lod doesnt change constantly right in front of me on the screen. Make it so highest lod is from where u are to around 30ft away from u then switch to a lower lod after that, make the distances better between lods please.

The transporter pad u beam in on from space on to the new romy world. its low res and jaggies on the texture. Can this be improved, also seems to flicker a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrtsheadmrtshead Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    One quick bit of Kudos - while running around the staging area, I noticed a starfleet officer between two tents, leaning against one of them. When I ran by, he snapped to attention and apologized for lounging. Nice touch:)
  • specter153specter153 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    looks awesome now u need to do this for the following areas:
    Earth
    Qunos
    Vulcan
    Risa
    Andorian
    Bajor
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    specter153 wrote: »
    looks awesome now u need to do this for the following areas:
    Earth
    Qunos
    Vulcan
    Risa
    Andorian
    Bajor

Yes. Hopefully if they ever get back to doing those new tutorials (for both factions) then I'd very much like to see an expansive version of Starfleet Academy/Headquarters. It'd be great to see both Vulcan and Andoria used more often too.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Very impressed with the whole sector and Mol'Rihan especially. Great details. Loved seeing actual storylines and content though more would have been better. This update, so far, is a breath of fresh air. Only played through the 'Staging Area' content so far and ran around the map a bit. Loved it.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    only real bug i had was when you beam down if you select a special boff. the jem'hadar, reman and breen. they do nto show and you beam down alone

if i switched to my andorian boff she appeared just fine
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    gpgtx wrote: »
    only real bug i had was when you beam down if you select a special boff. the jem'hadar, reman and breen. they do nto show and you beam down alone

if i switched to my andorian boff she appeared just fine

I have been running around with my Reman...
    And I have seen other Remans, Breen and Jem'hadar also.
    Personal big/gltch?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    yeah i saw others running around as well witch made me even more confused.

even tryed rezoning
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • bdziecbdziec Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    New Romulus is visually stunning !!! The music, for the most part is all new, and ties in the area you are in and sets an appropriate mood.

The two cutscenes at the staging area were nicely done. Great foreshadowing

The missions queued and the RA's meshed easily while active. The site to site transporter link up mission wasnt stated in the text how vital it needs to be setup first so it can be used efficiently.

I cleared all the missions, New Romulus:* ,but when, Beginging of a New Future ,was queue I talked to everyone in the area and adjacent and did anything that triggered but couldnt get it to progress.

The doff mission giver didnt load the mission nor did the system say it failed or started.

The RA's can be done solo, once you know the lay on the land and whats needed.

Beast and Klingon Empire Rebel kill accolades started. Also found three of the exploration pt accolades (very nice).
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In-Orbit: I like the Auroras, but seems the planets color seems off. (Also the Nebula has a bright spot).

Planet Map: I really love the Player Map. It's simple, easy to use, and it's like from a PADD. I hope to see other Maps be redone with a similar approach.

"The Arrival Cutscene": I like, and very good choice with the new leader (D'Tan) being one of the reunificationists. Though disappointed Obisek didn't say Hi, thought we were buds! :(

"The City": Rough for a new beginning. Like the Romulan Shuttle.

The Historian: Costs 10,000 Colonial CXP for 75 Marks, but the DOFF mission would not launch. Bug?

Scan Game: Props to the Cat, I really like the new Romulan Scan Game. Fits nicely.

Nanov: I actually thought it was rather cute the way you whistled and it followed you. But I honestly had no idea where the mother was to take the baby back to her. I ound her 30 minutes later exploring, so you should mark it on the map when it goes live. Also, given the distance of the babies, she should've been more central, it's a long run from the waterfall.

Bridge Accolade: Haha "To Boldly Jump"!

Too bad there wasn't other silly accolades like that.

The Rest: Really nice scenery, and most parts felt empty. As I explored, while there are dungeons you unlock with the reputation, I couldn't help but feel that I could've stumbled on some named NPC that had a rare chance to drop something nice.

Perhaps you could add those in.

Vendors: We need them.

Tholians: Guess the EVA suits weakened them, because they were easy. Only thing that was troublesome is those drones.

Embassy (Federation): It's really nice, except that Tactical / Operations in the back on the first floor is rather boring. Given the size of those walls, why not put some big screens (no, I'm serious).

Embassy Office could use some decor.

And what's with the Fish Tank noises from the Stairwells? :confused:

Ops Level: Not sure what to think of it. What's it's purpose? Is it really an auditorium for the Fleet??

Shuttle Bay: Nice they are of proper size now (they look larger, but fit realistically). Though given the scaling, the detail is a bit odd, just like a few years ago when you guys rescaled the Defiant (I think it was the Defiant) and had to make a new paint job.

Also be fun if we could open the Shuttle Doors.

Overall, I give New Romulus an B-B++.

Nice Scenery, great ammount of marks (not sure if they were boosted for Tribble testing or that's the norm). But it felt empty in some areas.

What concerns me the most is another Defera a few months from now. Granted I don't know what's in those dungeons, but hopefully it's content that would encouage replayability. Because that's what some places need, is reason for players to come back once in a while.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2012

The Historian: Costs 10,000 Colonial CXP for 75 Marks, but the DOFF mission would not launch. Bug?

Did you have over 110k as i think its like the starbase one. if its the case then it should not show up until you have the right amount, or give some indication you dont have enough.
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Since I could not find an 'offical embassy feedback thread' I guess it goes here.

Federation Embassy -> Shuttle Bay -> Requisition Space Equipment Console:

~150 consoles to scroll through............

At 'least' there should be tabs for mk x, mk xi and mk xii so we 'only' have to look through 50 each :eek:
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pros:
    - GORGEOUS visuals. Really nice and varied map with some great sights and atmosphere. If I were to judge it in terms of looks alone I would rate it really high, especially when compared to other STO locations.
    - Lot of potential for ACTUAL adventures, hidden areas, secrets, random encounters and such.

Cons:
    - Suffers from the same issue DS9 and ESD sometimes do, i.e. long/infinite loading.
    - Nice to have bank and mail consoles, but I didn't find any vendor whatsoever.
    - Neat visuals and a big area, but surprisingly little interaction aside from quest objects and quest givers. Needs some additional touches, like mentioned vendors, more secrets, hidden areas and accolades and so on.
    - Average trekker's wet dream - scanning type missions. I mean, really? It's just either collect stuff, scan stuff, repair stuff and sometimes kill stuff. Rocks, crystals, anomalies, fauna and flora - star trek purists are going to feel at home, but do you really think this makes for an interesting gameplay?
    - Speaking of rocks, crystals, anomalies, plants, reports, padds and such - do we really need even more inventory junk? I know it's mostly to force players to purchase more slots, but it's annoying as hell to carry all this stuff for some "collect x amount and bring it back" types of missions, especially since they're not needed for anything else.
    - Boring generic MMO missions with little to no rewards. I actually found some mission that didn't reward anything aside from expertise. Also, no dilithium rewards to speak of, which is plain silly to be honest.
    - Solely quest and grind oriented - could we please have some unique very rare drops/loot or something? This goes back to those "little touches" I mentioned.
    - Obvious paths to further locations/instances having invisible walls and no notification whatsoever.

In short, yet another Defera/Nukara that many players are going to do once or twice and forget about, and then focus on grinding marks on other types of missions. Little to no incentive to go back here, aside from perhaps grind/collect accolades.

Perhaps if we could get some dilithium as an additional reward... like, even as little as 10 RM and 120 dilith per mission, then perhaps... maybe... just sayin'...
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited October 2012
    suaveks wrote: »
    Pros:
    In short, yet another Defera/Nukara that many players are going to do once or twice and forget about, and then focus on grinding marks on other types of missions. Little to no incentive to go back here, aside from perhaps grind/collect accolades.

You know that areas unlock as you level up through the reputation system.

grind missions - get new missions - grind some more - get new missions etc

although some dilithium/gear/fleet rewards rewards would certainly be welcome.
    edited October 2012
    One thing I have not gotten my head around yet is the red alerts on new romulus.

it pops up that there is a read alert. and when you click it it takes you to the list of arears but which one is having the red alert. perhaps that needs to indicate which area is having the problem.

i do like the idea of the red alerts. it would be nicer if they were bigger and more involved.

perhaps there could be a big map wide red alert that every player can contribute to, with multiple objectives?

can we get some unique doff assignments added to the space and ground maps, that players can do anytime?

tholians seemed a bit weak. those commanders that walk around on their own should be quite a bit tougher

space map is beautiful. how about a red alert attack there every now and then?
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know that areas unlock as you level up through the reputation system.
    I found one building that I didn't have access to due to low reputation tier, but an NPC at least told me about that. Areas I refered to are actually stratigh paths with invisible walls and no notification whatsoever, which looks just silly. Some popup "you're forbidden from accessing this area (yet)" would be nice.
    grind missions - get new missions - grind some more - get new missions etc
    Sure, that's fine. Now let me get back to you in 6 months or so when (if...) I'll manage to rank up in those horrendously demanding tiers...
    although some dilithium/gear/fleet rewards rewards would certainly be welcome.
    With things looking as they are such rewards are not going to be welcome, but necessary. Unless, of course, Cryptic plans on artificially influencing dilithium exchange so that Zen won't drop down too low, discouraging players from both paying and playing...

Oh, while at it, I forgot to mention one more con - Beam to Ship button doesn't have any confirmation. I actually accidently clicked it while doing other stuff and I was immediately beamed from the ground to space. Some kind of "are you sure?" confirmation would be nice, as the button is always present and isn't really that small like, let's say, STFs "Leave Map" buttons.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Thanks!

I'll be taking care of that on Monday.
    When I was looking at it, the Mama Nanov was drawn as if underwater, even though she sticks out of the water.

And this: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/301/8/f/random_invisiwall_on_mol__rihan_by_marhawkman-d5j77dl.png As you can see from the minimap, I'm moving AWAY from the map edge!

But, I loved being able to run around and whack random Hirogen! It was fun! They'd suddenly decloak and I'd chop them to bits with my Nano-pulse.

here's a bunch of random stuff I wrote down while playing:
    New Romulus is in a binary system?

"Treat Refugee for a severe concussion" doff mission has a missing space in the decription.

Haggle for Romulan Ale? YESPLEASE!!!!

Embassy interior: the roaming npcs would sometimes walk OVER the circular desk in the middle

LOVE the new minigame!

Why does New Romulus have purple Water? Does it contain a form of purple algae?

Nanovs are a species of cephalopod that has amphibious characteristics.

Radiation reports have no picture.

Adult Nanonvs are larger than elephants. Mama Nanov is drawn as if completely submerged even though she isn't.

some of the rocks near mama have obvious polys.

The river plant item looks like a tech gizmo.

Epohh collection: only reward is exp

I saw Uhlan groups that walked like conjoined triplets

Bug spray has no animation. You can't see if you're hitting anything except by the damage markers

"Welcome, Admiral Tilo"?

"Research history of New Romulus doesn't give an error when you don't have more than 100k.

"Assign Security Team to Embassy" slot 1 has no success trait
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited October 2012
    One thing I have not gotten my head around yet is the red alerts on new romulus.

it pops up that there is a read alert. and when you click it it takes you to the list of arears but which one is having the red alert. perhaps that needs to indicate which area is having the problem.

i do like the idea of the red alerts. it would be nicer if they were bigger and more involved.

perhaps there could be a big map wide red alert that every player can contribute to, with multiple objectives?

can we get some unique doff assignments added to the space and ground maps, that players can do anytime?

tholians seemed a bit weak. those commanders that walk around on their own should be quite a bit tougher

space map is beautiful. how about a red alert attack there every now and then?
    If you're in one of those areas you have the redalert pop up on your screen the way the Academy particle hunt does. This also means that it begins immediately and you can commence massacreing Hirogen(if in Isha) as soon as the red button appears.

EDIT: I like the new % completion system! It adds multiple mission completion options in a very interesting and novel way. In the mountain peaks you can sneak around and complete the mission by collecting rocks, if you want to.... Or you can stick it to the Tal Shiar without mercy! Personally I liked the approach of dismembering the giant scorpions best.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I could not find the guy that gives out the insect spray. Where is he?

The Historian awards 75 Fleet Mark, instead of 75 Romulan Marks.

1 Minute of radiation scan is too long. 30sec would be perfect to avoid burn-out and annoyance.

The concrete grounds where tents are standing on, in the staging area are too high to walk on, so you often have to jump to get on them.
    edited October 2012
    allocater wrote: »
    I could not find the guy that gives out the insect spray. Where is he?

The Historian awards 75 Fleet Mark, instead of 75 Romulan Marks.
    There's actually several, the one in the staging area is standing next to a white rounded structure that might be a small greenhouse.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing