test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Disconnects/ "Not Responding"/ DCing

Comments

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Welcome to the post patch server instability, brought to you commercial free by PWE.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Same, getting kicked during random points in the game. Whether it be just traveling through sector space, switching maps or just standing there running DOff missions. This is getting pathetic. It's always the same message. Timed out from game server. Aren't I doing something? Shouldn't the only reason I get force logged is after 15 minutes of doing nothing?
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been noticing people losing connection during PvP more often too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There should all way's at lest be one or two people at PW or Cryptic watching server's 24/7 this is most place's they should all so have direct Connection from home as well.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wish some body would please fix these dam Disconnect's this is starting to get really frustrating:mad: Starting to put me in a bad mood
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Alright, I'm getting angry. Which I don't get very often at this game, so that's saying something.

The game ran fine for me until last Thursday's patch. Now it's practically unplayable. If I'm not getting booted from the server, it's near-CONSTANT "Server Not Responding" messages that can last for up to 30 or more seconds on end. And they occur every TEN seconds.

Can we PLEASE get an emergency patch or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Love when I'll be in an STF or fleet action, I freeze up with that red server not responding
    message and watch hopelessly as one by one, my teammates get disconnected before I eventually do as well.

Yeah, It's everyone's modems my TRIBBLE. Sorry guys, not buyin it.

I don't understand with all that monetary success from the lockboxes, why sever stability issues aren't being addressed effectively.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• husnock1husnock1 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is anyone looking into this? The game is literally unplayable and barely a peep from the Devs! Can we PLEASE get an emergency maintenance or SOMETHING?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I keep getting the server disconnect messages too.

It's been bad the last few days. :(
  • typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cryptic,

This is the third night that i have gotten Server Not Responding, this is becoming ridiculous. I only have so many hours to play, i don't have time and iam to the point of moving on.

T
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    this **** is getting old. Servers falling to pieces past couple of days, kicking people rampantly. It's STILL happening... 3rd day in a row now?

Oh, and PS that little green banner on the front page? It's not tied to anything! It doesn't reflect when the server is actually DOWN or not!
  • pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If your gonna steal and rob all your playerbase of their money at least have the decency to fix the account server. Its 7:30am uk time and its down for authentication once again ...... :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Having so many disconnect issues here, I'm from the east coast. I've noticed most people who DC are from the east coast.
  • bolawonbolawon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's definitely getting old. Also 'Couldnt transfer characters' bug?? come on!
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I just got completely DCed and can't log in. the rest of my net is fine.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • allikitten80allikitten80 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah I was actually considering doing that lifetime subscription thing. I'm glad this happened; it helped me realize what a silly decision that was!
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey PWE, time to spend some of the capital you made with subscriptions. Buy some servers that work!!
  • typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Having so many disconnect issues here, I'm from the east coast. I've noticed most people who DC are from the east coast.

Iam on the West Coast, in Cali. So, hello anyone have any answers?
    Yeah I was actually considering doing that lifetime subscription thing. I'm glad this happened; it helped me realize what a silly decision that was!

Dont waste you money, iam about to jump ship myself.
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
  • dervian5ouldervian5oul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is it me or has STO been VERY unstable since recent update? i've had multiple DC's now every 30min's to an Hour..

Why is it they can't fix these issues quick, you would think this would be a priority !!!

FIX IT CRYPTIC...
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How long are you going to allow the servers to go down without actually providing a viable fix, PWE? I think it's absolutely deplorable to keep letting this issue go on. I'd rather you delay season 7 and devote some people to fixing it as a working game is FAAAAAR better than a non-working game with new content.
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I agree here, as we are all experiencing Servers not responding and getting DC'ed allot, I am about fed up with this myself.

Since the last patch up everything has gone awry. . Start a new toon, got him a Mirror ship and then Auto fire eventually wouldn't work, that didn't stop there either, my other toons were experiencing some of the same thing?? I think this is a Bug that needs to be worked out. . Of course there are allot of bugs to be corrected. .Still I am tired of getting knocked off the game, especially in STF's, most recently on two of them I couldn't get my loot?? WTF?? Why isn't something being done about this?:mad:
  • meciniamecinia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've noticed the same to, keep crashing out of game tonight.
  • duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Disconnected from Server.
    .. and again
    ... and more.. all within one hour.

As I sit and talk with M8 on TS .. and we live in all parts of the country .. its happening to all.. and all too frequently.

I don't know what 'stable' is... but I know what is not stable.
    Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
    @duketbar (Fleet Officer)
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Its morning here. so far the game has crashed 4 times in an hour. oh what fun. NOT.
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Server Keeps Crashing. Please Do Something About This Problem.
    Cryptic And Devs Please Read And Take Note.
    So Far 4 Times In One Morning. I'm Getting Abit TRIBBLE Off.
  • duketbarduketbar Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    OK.. I give up... might as well hit the EXIT button at this point.
    Tides of War Fleet Staff contacts:
    @duketbar (Fleet Officer)
    Tides of War Website
    Team Speak: ts.tidesofwar.net - no port, no pass (or simply type ToW in address bar of TS client)
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been bounced around a few times also...
    (first time I quite a while for me)

Wonder what it is this time... ???
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am currently waiting out my SECOND disconnect for the night.

I don't care what the problem is. Fix it.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    if your isp is TRIBBLE you this badly, it may be time to switch PWE people. just saying...
  • scipherscipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's disconnecting every 5 minutes DO MAINTINENCE!!!!
    "No more wire hangers, Christina"
This discussion has been closed.