test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unscheduled Account Sever Maintenance (October 18, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    well this is a joke,

great new way to bug out the game guys, a new record.
    :eek:
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hope they get it fixed soon. I got TRIBBLE I need to do on the game.

Had a friend (notice HAD) who kept bragging about his Chimera. I hope he's enjoying his 200 bucks on a Lifetime thing.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    An ETA on the launcher would be nice. Thanks.

Vewwy Vewwy Soon (tm)
  • Options
    kjaneway11kjaneway11 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Dang. STO's down AGAIN? This time logins aren't working? Ugh. I was in the middle of a mission!!!! And I just made Lieutenant Commander. :P LOve STO, hate errors!
  • Options
    gatetrekkergatetrekker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe they are making it so you can switch characters without logging out and thats why you cant log on but if logged on you can still play
  • Options
    dracos84dracos84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ounce again, Thursday patch, and everything starts to fall apart. First IGE, Second couldnt get to character selection screen, now no one can log in... yep, a normal Thursday in the world of STO.
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mmm... delicious pie.
    Also, I agree.

It must be apple.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Reading the arm-chair quarterbacks with their "black helicopter" stories is great. Almost makes not being able to log in enjoyable.

I agree. This is almost better than playing...:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    slick97477 wrote: »
    Hmmm i did programming for Symantec for 4 years and if a bug in there was allowed to be there that long there would alot of infected computers for starters...Imagine Symantec acting Like PWE..."We are sorry our product has malfunctioned but unfortunately we cannot help you Sorry" They would lose 90% of there customer base... PWE is doing just that most of the time with most of people's customer complaints or problems. Or my favorite" Sorry thats a known bug in the game so we cannot help you get you back your latinum. Please file a bug report instead. If you handle customers like this for too much longer PWE this game isnt gonna last. Look at all the complaints on your own forums PWE and fix the issues your customers are telling you about.

If you dont understand the vast level of different expectations between an anti-virus program and a game, then I understand why you no longer work for Symantec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It must be apple.

And strawberry !
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    At it's heart, MMOs are run by gaming companies, which employ various IT technologies. Sometimes, production systems go down, and bad things *do* happen. I don't recall Cryptic ever stating they were a five-nines company.

Go have a sandwich, watch a youtube video, call a friend, or go to bed. This isn't the end of the world.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    It autheticated but this is fun too... I need an adapter to use my original nintendo controller to type on forums.
  • Options
    sheranki1sheranki1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Whoa, Patch is loading, I am part way in
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Lets hope they will skip over the next week maintenance...also I think the server is a Pentium 2 PC with windows 95 without license but with a Peewee logo on it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just got in... and then I get a server down error XD
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    not to long ago these threads often made it to 100!!! yes 100 PAGES - before it was fixed

this is only page 10!!!

I'll do my part.
    I can give pie updates until the server comes back or I need to leave for a work meeting.
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe they are making it so you can switch characters without logging out and thats why you cant log on but if logged on you can still play

Don't be ridiculous. That would require some actual PROGRAMMING done, not to mention the addition of a new patch. Notice the forums are suspiciously absent of anything even resembling patch notes.

Appears the login server was online for a moment. I saw my character list, tried to log in on it, BAAM!!! Back to "Closed for Maintenance". Good job Cryptic. Good job.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    stillgrave wrote: »
    Just got in

Ha and then it says... Closed for Maintenance :D
  • Options
    gatetrekkergatetrekker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hope they get it fixed soon. I got TRIBBLE I need to do on the game.

Had a friend (notice HAD) who kept bragging about his Chimera. I hope he's enjoying his 200 bucks on a Lifetime thing.

Why would brag about Chimera
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yeup! It did, had to edit my last post, lol
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    And strawberry !

Apple first!
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It must be apple.

its not a pie if it doesnt have meat in it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suffer1suffer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think things have been pretty stable lately. Considering the state of things 6-10 months ago, we have been on one heck of a streak! :D
  • Options
    cmdrmehtryxcmdrmehtryx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    slick97477 wrote: »
    Hmmm i did programming for Symantec for 4 years and if a bug in there was allowed to be there that long there would alot of infected computers for starters...Imagine Symantec acting Like PWE..."We are sorry our product has malfunctioned but unfortunately we cannot help you Sorry" They would lose 90% of there customer base... PWE is doing just that most of the time with most of people's customer complaints or problems. Or my favorite" Sorry thats a known bug in the game so we cannot help you get you back your latinum. Please file a bug report instead. If you handle customers like this for too much longer PWE this game isnt gonna last. Look at all the complaints on your own forums PWE and fix the issues your customers are telling you about.

"I did" past tense...interesting..

Also are we not talking about the same company that lost is source code ;)

Seriously, don't toss stones in the glass house, no programming shop is infallible.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I just noticed that it says I joined in oct of 2012 o.O That's over a year off from the actual date... wtf
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous. That would require some actual PROGRAMMING done, not to mention the addition of a new patch. Notice the forums are suspiciously absent of anything even resembling patch notes.

Appears the login server was online for a moment. I saw my character list, tried to log in on it, BAAM!!! Back to "Closed for Maintenance". Good job Cryptic. Good job.

How dare Cryptic keep you from the game you hate so much. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    niekos1niekos1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    after a patch I thought I was finally in:D but now a secondary message pops up and tells me that my favourite game is closed for maintenance:( guess that after the failed to authenticate message, I was happy to see something else.. 1.01am CET
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    its not a pie if it doesnt have meat in it

Pies do not need meat.
  • Options
    rustyhull1rustyhull1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm available if you need a network server tech.:D
  • Options