test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• shen69shen69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would love to see the ability to have major accommodations be worn on the uniforms and even design some special dress uniforms. You could set it up so that you have to pay zen to unlock the feature. Thereafter major event accommodations and the hardest accolades could be added to the uniform instead of buying that generic splotch that doesn't look good. ...it would also give the players pride to show off their dress uniforms instead of wearing the combat gear everywhere as most do now.
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since there are EV suit now, can we have an ENT era suit?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like to see Geordi's mechanical eyes that we see in the TNG movies in game. I would like to have options for both eyes, and just one or the other as well. :D
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    • Christmas hair, also known as anime hair
    • Fleet trophy room
    • Removal of five o' clock shadow
    • Geordi's cybernetic eyes
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How about an H to put on your forehead?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2012
    natthaan wrote: »
    How about an H to put on your forehead?

Complete with red and blue padded jackets, and a green section 31 uniform option:D
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • goedzooigoedzooi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    - Guinan's outfits + hats
    - DS9 desert uniform
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
  • angus61angus61 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    'No collar' option for the Wrath of Khan uniforms.
    Actual ranks on the right-hand shoulders of the same uniforms, instead of the Captain insignia only.
  • professorlawlprofessorlawl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would really like to see some long hair options, particularly for men. braids would be fantastic.

More Species specific items (like the Bajorian d'ja pagh) would be nice, for example geode hair accessories and antenna rings for Andorians, or tubes for Benzites.

I also love the idea major accommodations and hard won accolades on actual dress uniforms. The current formal options are awful =/

But most of all long hair (especially for men!!) is what I would love to see. ^^
    edited August 2012
    Hats. My captain needs a hat....
  • eternale3eternale3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Need to be able to change the rank insignia on the WoK uniform
  • gyhoulgyhoul Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The All Good Things/Endgame admiral shirt and coat uniforms. (i.e. both admiral janeway uniforms from the future)
  • dantesboi1dantesboi1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think it's great that we are finally getting the racing uniforms from Voyager. However any word on when we might be able to buy the Skants from the C-store. We know from a statement that they already have them developed.
    Vice Admiral Veriyn Kiiz
    Joined Trill
    Starfleet Recuriter
    Dancing on the bar in Ten Forward since '09!!! Looking for a cute Deltan boy to date!
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would be happy if the cumberbund on the "all good things" uniform would be a bit smaller, it is just too high and looks like some grandfathers trousers, but not like we saw on TV.
    The best thing would be if we could remove it completely, of course.:cool:

I would also love if the TNG series uniform could get a visual Update since it looks very wrinkled and somehow blurry. On the male version, the color on the collar is much brighter than the chosen color.LINK
    Strngely, the Female version doesn't have that problem: LINK

I also would like to have a variant of that uniform which was mostly wore by crewmen and non maincast. I think it was a modified Season 1 and 2 uniform but with collar. Personally i think this version looks far better than the uniform the Main cast was wearing, since it was much more straighten and looked much more like a uniform than a wrinkled/unfitting jersey. LINK

The last thing it would like to see in STO is not really a canon uniform, but it would almost have become one. I am talking about the unrealized/concept Generations uniform.
    It looks similar to the TNG series uniform but more militaristic and it's got additional rank insignia on the wrist.
    COMMAND
    OPERATIONS
    SCIENCES
    PHOTO
    This Uniform almost became the TNG Movie uniform, instead of the TNG Movie/late DS9 Uniform we know. Personally i would choose this one over the grey/black late DS9 uniform everyday.

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • vendahravendahra Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I want to see holodeck wardrobe packs:

Ancient West
    Dixon Hill
    Sherlock Holmes
    Captain Proton

I also echo a Harry Mudd set, especially if they remember his hat.
    And let me have the Amelia Earhart outfit from Voyager's The 37s.
    And a set of outfits from the TOS episodes A Piece of the Action, Return of the Archons and Bread and Circuses.

I love the period looks, and those things would give us more to work with for off duty looks.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yreodred wrote: »

This Uniform almost became the TNG Movie uniform, instead of the TNG Movie/late DS9 Uniform we know. Personally i would choose this one over the grey/black late DS9 uniform everyday.

Live long and prosper.

I disagree I prefer the DS9 uniform than the ones you showed here and also links in that there is continuity even after TNG went from series into movies
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    The WOK and DS9 captains waistcoats/vests.
    Proper Cage era uniforms.
    The remaining 4 or so Admirals uniforms.
    Kelvin era uniforms.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    I disagree I prefer the DS9 uniform than the ones you showed here and also links in that there is continuity even after TNG went from series into movies
    Thats a matter of taste of course.

I never liked those dark uniforms, they look just boring and unimaginative and not Starfleet(ish) at all IMO.
    Except for the division collar everbody looks the same. And i never got why they had to be all black, i mean that's not a real good representation of Starfleets philosophys IMO.

artan42 wrote: »
    The WOK and DS9 captains waistcoats/vests.
    Proper Cage era uniforms.
    The remaining 4 or so Admirals uniforms.
    Kelvin era uniforms.
    Althrough we will never see them, because they are in a JJ Abrams movie, i really like the Kelvin Uniforms, they are refreshingly different and look much more like a Starfleet uniform than all those Black Voy/DS9 or TNG Movie uniforms.

Of course it would be cool if we could get them, because technicaly they from the Main timeline but as i said they are from the JJ Movie so i strongly doubt that we will ever see them in STO.

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • nilsognilsog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    TOWK Field Jacket:

Kirk_jacket.jpg

TWOK Field Uniforms:

Strike_team_captured.jpg

Engineer's/Captain's Vest:

Scott_engineers_vest.jpg

Captain's/Admiral's Jacket:

Harry_Morrow.jpg

If you couldn't tell I like this set of uniforms...

Also, ditto on being able to change rank on these uniforms. Probably beating a dead horse, but it is what it is.
    edited September 2012
    nilsog wrote: »
    If you couldn't tell I like this set of uniforms...

Also, ditto on being able to change rank on these uniforms. Probably beating a dead horse, but it is what it is.

The Wrath of Khan Uniforms are simply the best ones period. I wish they were used more often. :D

As for changing the rank, I just used a lightning bolt to bring the horse back to life, you're free to start all over again. :P
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd like to see full space sets works similar to Omega\MACO\KHG ground sets. If you collect full set it should unlock you visual effects at ship tailor. I like how my ship looks in jem'hadar shield but shield itself don't match for my build. Right now we have option to create Omega\MACO\KHG uniforms without necessity to wear set, space should work similar.
  • tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Personally, I'd like the Enterprise Mirror-MACO uniform as shown by my avatar, whether it's a seperate item (complete with all the kit as optional extras, and not an 'off-duty' uniform), or as a special camouflage colour option for the Omega gear.

Also, the following to be taken into consideration :D :

- The ability to make the MACO set look like the Photonic guards/Photonic BOff

- The excursion jackets from Wrath of Khan

- The ability to change rank on the Wrath of Khan set

- More boot options for female KDF characters (I would like to start an Orion female engineer for the craic, but I'm not into dressing her like a dancer, nor would I like the overly-large and pointy Klingon boots)

- The ability to add badges to my MACO and Omega gear (like having my fleet badge on one arm and - for the Omega set - the MACO badge on the other - KDF can have the equivalent HG badge)

- The ability to mix uniform and off-duty bits (like combining the mercenary belts/pouches with my uniform to make it look like I'm prepared for an away mission)

- An update of the tricorder to the ST:Nemesis version

- And finally; the ability to customise my ship crew (as others have mentioned) so that they wear the same uniform I do!

Tim
    edited September 2012
    I want the ability to use MACO, OMEGA, Ferengi, and the upcoming Time Traveller outfits to be useable on Boffs.

EDIT: Yes, yes, yes, and the Honour Guard Uniforms too. Mustn't forget them.
  • shaunklshaunkl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tmichc wrote: »
    Personally, I'd like the Enterprise Mirror-MACO uniform as shown by my avatar, whether it's a seperate item (complete with all the kit as optional extras, and not an 'off-duty' uniform), or as a special camouflage colour option for the Omega gear.

Also, the following to be taken into consideration :D :

- The ability to make the MACO set look like the Photonic guards/Photonic BOff

- The excursion jackets from Wrath of Khan

- The ability to change rank on the Wrath of Khan set

- More boot options for female KDF characters (I would like to start an Orion female engineer for the craic, but I'm not into dressing her like a dancer, nor would I like the overly-large and pointy Klingon boots)

- The ability to add badges to my MACO and Omega gear (like having my fleet badge on one arm and - for the Omega set - the MACO badge on the other - KDF can have the equivalent HG badge)

- The ability to mix uniform and off-duty bits (like combining the mercenary belts/pouches with my uniform to make it look like I'm prepared for an away mission)

- An update of the tricorder to the ST:Nemesis version

- And finally; the ability to customise my ship crew (as others have mentioned) so that they wear the same uniform I do!

Tim

I'm pretty sure the STO tricorder is a new one canonically, they just reverted to the TR-500 (TNG/DS9/VOY designs. More evidence is seen in VOY: "Endgame", where the tricorder is in the 500-style again. I know that's an alternate timeline so I'll give another example. Seven of Nine used a 29th century tricorder in VOY: "Relativity" that was much much closer to the TR-500 design than the touchscreen version used in ST: Nemesis.
    Number one on my wishlist: New FED transporter effect
    Number two: 22nd Century Excursion Jackets
    Number three: Handheld communicator animation for non-combadge uniforms
    edited October 2012
    The fed open shirt options to include an undershirt for females rather than nothing.

#TASforSTO

• tmichctmichc Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    More KDF boot options, particularly for females. I rolled an Orion female Engineer and I'm stuck with a choice of either massive KDF boots or sandals... Really??! Even my Klingon (male) tac captain wears normal boots. :mad:

Also, the ability to take grenades off my Omega gear - my Fed engineer doesn't use grenades, so why are the visuals there. Alternatively, replace grenades with the silver/grey cylinders used on the mercenary kit and you would be onto a winner (looks more futuristic see!). :D

Tim

P.S. To shaunkl referring to tricorder visual - I see, that explains it, thank you! :)
  • soldierxx28soldierxx28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So ive been playing for close to 1000 days... yay me. Been around since day one of OB and i dont plan on going anywhere else. My request for costume additions:

So we have Risa, the pleasure planet. In all of the trek's even in the enterprise era series we saw swimwear for both males and females. Could this not be added? Maybe give a reason to actually visit Risa or .... other places of interest? Swimwear couldn't hurt. Oh and as customizable as the normal uniforms. OH also maybe a better selection of off duty attire?
  • nievesnieves Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    More KDF skirts. More KDF femme boots. I mean, why, for the love of Scotty, must all KDF women wear boots that are more manly than what the men have? I mean, look at the dancing girl in the gun store on DS9... She has thigh high boots! KDH women need that option, even if they have buckles to make 'em look less girlie. Hair, skirts, and shoes. How can you TRIBBLE a girl over on those areas??? Even guys like girls who look like girls. The sisters, Lursa, and what's her name, they always had these bad as all get up skirted outfits. And hair. Oh! Azetbur had the chainmail headpiece... That would rock socks! Valkris, B'elanna, The Duras twins (B'Etor! I knew I would remember it!), Vixis, are all examples of klingon women with hairstyles that we should have available to us.
  • gealbhanbheaggealbhanbheag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They seriously just need to change the little shop on DS9 into an 'Elim Garak House of Couture' and stock it with all the costumes and uniforms we'd ever want. And maybe a long suffering Holo-Garak (with Andrew Robinson's voice, of course) to nitpick about our fashion sense.

That said, I'd like to see more civvie stuff: jewelry/body piercings, long and short dresses, shawls, looser/lighter fitting jackets, tops and pants/skirts, short robes (things that look more comfortable to be in), sandals, open backed tunics.

Hairstyles- just nicer hairstyles for females. And I've posted about this elsewhere, but, more elaborate, high browed updo options for female Cardassian aliens and Klingons.

Body tattoos/paint/henna-esque decorations for the arms/hands/ legs/feet/back/shoulders/belly
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Star Fleet Academy casual clothes:
    T-shirt, sweatpants, baseball cap.

DS9er baseball uniform.

Longer dresses?
    The following images is from an MMO call Sword of the New World or Granado Espada released in 2007, two of their classes only have dress for female. Come on Cryptic, I'm sure you newer game engine can handle longer dresses!
    Tighter fit dress.
    Another tight fit one.
    A larger dress.
    Another large dress
    This is the most doable since it is not too long and have enough space for animation.
    They barely have clipping issue in that game and the players run around in these all the time.