test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to edit appearance on KDF marauding reward boff.

Comments

• oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Your Captain's faction?
    Klingon Defense Force

Your Captain's species?
    Joined Trill Female (Tactical)

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with?
    Human Female (Tactical)

Description of issue?
    Can't customize like everyone else
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Some Boffs are like that. The special reward ones usually are. Jem'Hadar, Breen, Reman, etc...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Some Boffs are like that. The special reward ones usually are. Jem'Hadar, Breen, Reman, etc...

We are talking about the counterparts to the Federation's diplomacy reward boffs. Just like them the Klingon marauding reward boffs are supposed to be editable. But since January this doesn't work anymore, and that we didn't hear ANYTHING from the devs since over 6 months(!!!) ago on this issue is ridiculous :mad:
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thorodal wrote: »
    We are talking about the counterparts to the Federation's diplomacy reward boffs. Just like them the Klingon marauding reward boffs are supposed to be editable.

So fed diplomacy bo's are fixed and can wear fed clothers?

In-game handle @Janetza
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    taut0u wrote: »
    So fed diplomacy bo's are fixed and can wear fed clothers?

Were they ever intended to do that? The KDF toons can't be edited at all...

Months pass and still "good men" seem to be utterly incapable of fixing the problem...
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Add me to the growing list of people with this problem. For the record:

Your Captain's faction - KDF

Your Captain's species - Orion

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with - Trill female

Description of issue - Nothing about her appearance is editable, everything (including sliders and colours) switches back to default.

I didn't know there was a problem until I picked up the officer and found this incredibly disappointing. I've been focussing on Marauder XP and anticipating the officer for ages as I watched the progress move on. Worse still, it seems as if the issue has been ignored for months, which doesn't give me much hope of a speedy resolution. Please fix this or at least give us an update on where the team is in addressing it.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • hoipoloihoipoloi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'll get someone in software to look into it.

If you are having an issue, could you let me know:

Your Captain's faction

Your Captain's species

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with

Description of issue

Captain faction: KDF
    Species: Liberated Borg
    Boff: Andorian Male

Cannot change appearance of Boff

Reported this in game as well some months back
  • omikulinomikulin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm having this issue on both my kdf toons with marauding 4:

___

Your Captain's faction: KDF

Your Captain's species: Klingon

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with: Human female science officer

Description of issue: Cannot edit appearance at the tailor, as soon as I change something it reverts to the default setting.
    ___

Your Captain's species: Alien

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with: Ferengi male tactical officer

Description of issue: Cannot edit appearance at the tailor, as soon as I change something it reverts to the default setting.
    ___

I too have reported this by way of an in-game ticket. I am adding to this thread in the hope that the more of us who report the issue, the more likely it will be addressed.

I note that my Federation character is able to modify the uniform on his Orion bridge officer, however she can only choose KDF uniforms (I assume this is intentional).
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    themartian wrote: »
    Add me to the growing list of people with this problem. For the record:

Description of issue - Nothing about her appearance is editable, everything (including sliders and colours) switches back to default.

I didn't know there was a problem until I picked up the officer and found this incredibly disappointing. I've been focussing on Marauder XP and anticipating the officer for ages as I watched the progress move on. Worse still, it seems as if the issue has been ignored for months, which doesn't give me much hope of a speedy resolution. Please fix this or at least give us an update on where the team is in addressing it.

I just had another go, I was at the tailor anyway. This time was after changing my captain. Changing the Trill's stance caused her to suddenly take on many of my captain's features, hair and eye colour, eyebrows, clothing colours and her top switched to robe basic. Everything was still uneditable and it wouldn't let me purchase it as it told me unowned costume packs were being used (they weren't). I don't know if that's helpful, but I found it interesting.

Any chance of a comment from Devs on this issue at all?
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Considering this but has been here since JANUARY, I'd guess "No" on the dev comment. Sheesh. Here I thought it was a frickin' recent bug. Nope! Been here since F2P went live!
  • vayranovayrano Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Same problem here as well. I was looking forward to customising my federation boff from hitting Marauder Rank 4.

Your Captain's species: Orion

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with: Andorian Female Tactical

Description of issue: As everyone else here, I'm unable to alter/edit her appearance in any possible way. Nothing saves, for example if you adjust the sliders for say her hands, it always reverts back to a fixed value.

I spent a lot of time working on getting this boff, this issue has left me pretty disappointed when I found out I couldn't alter anything.

The fact that it hasn't even been fixed for many months is just getting silly right now. If you're unable to fix it, say so. How an issue like this continues to be left as it is in an MMO is unbelievable. Please fix it.
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, after 9 months you should think that at least they would say "we're still working on it" here, showing that the issue hasn't been forgotten. But instead we get nothing at all, only silence. :mad:

And then they are wondering why everyone says that KDF gets no love from Cryptic? :confused:
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, after 9 months you should think that at least they would say "we're still working on it" here, showing that the issue hasn't been forgotten. But instead we get nothing at all, only silence. :mad:

And then they are wondering why everyone says that KDF gets no love from Cryptic? :confused:

Please... the TNG and DS9 combadges have been broken for almost two years, and there's other bugs that are almost 3 years old. This is nothing new. :rolleyes:

• phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited October 2012

pretty much the same issue as everyone, if i knew this was an issue before, i wouldn't even have bothered with the marauding "reward".

also, i have the diplomacy reward boff on my main fed, and i can change its clothes/appearance perfectly.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just a heads-up [or a reminder if this has been said and forgotten], since Marauding boffs seem to only be hooked up with off-duty outfits, boffs in general being restricted from using off-duty outfits regardless of faction seems to be the root of the issue. A quick fix until Cryptic deals with this properly is to open your chatbox and type /costumecreator.setslottype 007 [or any set of numbers you so choose]. This will unlock the "Tr:Unrestricted" outfit category, allowing you to legitimately use Fed off-duty outfits on your Marauding boffs. They're still restricted to Fed off-duty outfits, though; no Fed uniform-class outfits.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/rcp90/Theyreeditable.jpg should be proof enough, I hope.
    edited October 2012
    ssargon wrote: »
    Just a heads-up [or a reminder if this has been said and forgotten], since Marauding boffs seem to only be hooked up with off-duty outfits, boffs in general being restricted from using off-duty outfits regardless of faction seems to be the root of the issue. A quick fix until Cryptic deals with this properly is to open your chatbox and type /costumecreator.setslottype 007 [or any set of numbers you so choose]. This will unlock the "Tr:Unrestricted" outfit category, allowing you to legitimately use Fed off-duty outfits on your Marauding boffs. They're still restricted to Fed off-duty outfits, though; no Fed uniform-class outfits.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/rcp90/Theyreeditable.jpg should be proof enough, I hope.

As a heads-up as well:

I filed a ticket asking if this workaround could be used until they fixed this issue, and was told not to do so.
  • omikulinomikulin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hello again,

It seems many players have ticketed this issue, and people have been posting in this thread about it for almost a year!

I recently submitted a GM ticket and was told it was a previously unknown issue... I was also told it was not an issue for a GM and I should submit a bug report (which of course I had already done).

I now have 3 kdf toons with marauding 4 and I can't edit any of the special marauding boff uniforms.

I know many other players who have the same issue in my fleet alone. In fact, I don't know of anyone who doesn't have it!

This is clearly a faction-wide problem for kdf players - I can't understand why it isn't considered important enough to be addressed.

Though I know it has been asked before, I again request that the devs please respond to this thread and give us an update on what is being done to fix this bug, and when we can expect to see it patched.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response. :)
    edited November 2012
    This really seems to become a lost cause... by now almost an ENTIRE YEAR has passed, and as we don't even get an "We are still working on it" at least it seems the devs are totally ignoring this issue... and then they are honestly wondering themselves that the players say "KDF gets no love"?
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    As a heads-up as well:

I filed a ticket asking if this workaround could be used until they fixed this issue, and was told not to do so.

Just out of curiosity, can you actually update the BOFF's appearance this way? I've played around with this command, but never tried to apply the changes to the costume for fear of breaking something.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As a heads-up as well:

Just use it anyways. It's a workaround to tailor limitations with boffs in general, plus it gives you quite a few interesting options for your regular characters. (hmm, DS9 uniform top with robe bottom? :D)

And in response to bberge1701, it does work. Not sure about the marauding boffs though, I don't have one yet, but... I made a replica of my Vorta character with ease fed-side.

Just note that you can only use costume items that the species can normally use, and only if you unlocked them already. So no cheating and wearing MACO armor without accolades and no wearing off-duty outfits! (though the Vedek Hood mysteriously lets itself be worn on KDF. :confused:)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited November 2012
    2 seasons later, and the problem still a) exists and b) hasn't been adressed for ages by a dev...
  • kadix1kadix1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's annonying.

At least the defaults on my human female science Boff looks decent enough for a BOff that I got just for the space passive ability and will never leave my bridge.
  • hjayfisherhjayfisher Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll get someone in software to look into it.

If you are having an issue, could you let me know:

Your Captain's faction

Your Captain's species

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with

Description of issue

I am having this problem as well.

Faction: KDF
    Species: Orion
    BOFF Species: Trill
    Issue: Unable to modify BOff appearance.
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yeppers, my kdf character has a human female fed bridge officer, and I can't change their clothes either.

Yet my federation character who's made diplomacy level 4, has an orion kdf and i can change those clothes no problem, same with a gorn for another fed character i have.

Just can't seem to do it when your a kdf officer maurader level 4, with the fed bridge officer...... I don't see them fixing this any time soon.
  • szioulszioul Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thanks guys, top men are on it.

11 months, and the problem still persists.
    edited December 2012
    Just a "We are still trying to locate the issue" or even a "We will look at it closer asap, please keep the infos coming", is this too much to ask for after almost a year?
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Though 'necroing' is naughty, i think this thread STILL needs to be around >.<

Eagerly awaiting changing my maurading boffs :(
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Though 'necroing' is naughty, i think this thread STILL needs to be around >.<

Eagerly awaiting changing my maurading boffs :(

I tried out that code (/costumecreator.setslottype TRIBBLE) on my Marauding Boff and it does allow you to change the appearance of your Boff but you're still limited to off-duty clothing options that you must have already purchased.

In my case, I had the 'Mercenary' off-duty pack Fed-side and was able to dress my KDF Marauder Boffs in it (as well as adjusting their hairstyles etc.) - an improvement but still not a solution.

You can of course also use the armor visuals for the MACO/Omega/KHG mk XI/XII armor too - my Orion Fed-side uses the Mk XI Omega :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This bug and the kdf fleet ship modification bug will *not* be fixed.
    Don't stress it.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • mlwood98mlwood98 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Your Captain's species - Klingon

Species of bridge officer that you are having problems with - Trill Female

Description of issue - Unable to modify the BOFF's costume or appearance