test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lock Box Spotlight Video

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Star Trek Online team is pleased to present this spotlight video that features the Temporal Lock Box. Watch it now here.

Note: The 29th Century Federation Uniform shown in the video, as well as a unique version for the KDF, will be obtainable from the Lobi Store in the near future.

Link to the news article.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    That BADGE... Want that 29th century badge.

Oh, and the ships. The ships are cool, too.
  • Options
    blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok did I see the time cannon ship from Voyager, year of hell? If so I wantee I just hope it's not for the BS price of 800 lobo crystals
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok did I see the time cannon ship from Voyager, year of hell? If so I wantee I just hope it's not for the BS price of 800 lobo crystals

No, you saw a Tholian Dreadnaught.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Want the 29th century uniform. Glad the Lobi store items are staying because some of those may be long term goals unless players post the M?bius for a reasonable EC price. I think I may shift my alien character's whole concept to be from the future, with a crew of " not Fed member yet" species.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited September 2012

You probably saw a Tholian NPC ship. The Krenim weapon ship kinda looks like Babylon 5 with a cannon on one end.
  • Options
    blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No, you saw a Tholian Dreadnaught.
    hypl wrote: »
    You probably saw a Tholian NPC ship. The Krenim weapon ship kinda looks like Babylon 5 with a cannon on one end.

Ya u guys r right. :(@hypl haven't seen that in years. Waiting for the day it's on Netflix
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,804 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's a shame the 29th century uniform will be in the Lobi store. I did want this uniform but not being a C-Store account wide unlock means no thanks. Very disappointing, Cryptic! :(
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nice to see how they move in space but not sure we needed a video.

I like the acting voice though. This guy could make some voiceovers! :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I want those uniforms.
  • Options
    tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    temporal backstep effect looks amazing. great job.
  • Options
    pmarquardtpmarquardt Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Tipler Cylinder can actually rewind time! The dense beryllium cylinder core of this module rotates at near light speed, allowing your ship to perform a Temporal Backstep and rewind time approximately 13 seconds.

Run out of own ideas? Well, let's bite off GalaxyQuest and introduce the "Omega 13" to STO.

Are you serious? Come on....
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pmarquardt wrote: »
    Run out of own ideas? Well, let's bite off GalaxyQuest and introduce the "Omega 13" to STO.

You gotta be kidding. :(
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yeah, but wasn't the Weapon ship GI-stinking-normous? flying the thing would be almost like flying a space station.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    pmarquardt wrote: »

Who cares?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ahh remember the days when cryptic made these videos about up coming c-store items

in case you don't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kadlRDWZo&list=UUYpg6VH5mCKLgpRTyFLUXGA&index=35&feature=plcp
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    rheatitan wrote: »
    ahh remember the days when cryptic made these videos about up coming c-store items

in case you don't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kadlRDWZo&list=UUYpg6VH5mCKLgpRTyFLUXGA&index=35&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIHPHY5q-tc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjN29SVSN0U&feature=relmfu

That's interesting isn't it? :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay, So could the Tipler Console be explained in painstaking detail? I see that it reverses your position, but does it reverse other entities as well? Do destroyed entities come back to life? How does does work in Team PvE? How does it work in PvP?
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay, So could the Tipler Console be explained in painstaking detail? I see that it reverses your position, but does it reverse other entities as well? Do destroyed entities come back to life? How does does work in Team PvE? How does it work in PvP?

it basically rewinds your ships position and health/shields as well as powers to what they were 13 seconds before you activate the ability its useful for when you take extensive damage in a quick amount of time and can quite in a literal sense bring you back from the brink it seems very useful
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    AFAIK it only affects your state. it only rewinds your peice of the timeline.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Star Trek Online team is pleased to present this spotlight video that features the Temporal Lock Box. Watch it now here.

Note: The 29th Century Federation Uniform shown in the video, as well as a unique version for the KDF, will be obtainable from the Lobi Store in the near future.

Link to the news article.

Throws money in your direction at warp speed. I want those 29th Century Fed uniforms <3 so in love. lets just hope they are at a low lobi price point.
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    AFAIK it only affects your state. it only rewinds your peice of the timeline.

When combined with the mirror console from the Lobi store ship, all your powers ability on CD will speed up while your enemies speed/CD/powers will slow down.

Not sure exactly what the stats are on it's effect they were not released.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    they are just desperate to try to convince us the lock box scheme is a good idea

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lets just hope they are at a low lobi price point.

And imperfect world's response to this, "That's like wiping before you TRIBBLE. It doesn't make any sense."

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »

Its almost as if cryptic expected them to be playable factions some day ........ :D
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Considering they're used to selling jackets and pants separately, and I'm guessing they won't do that with these, I wouldn't gamble on a lobi cost of less than 200 for those uniforms. Which would be reasonable, compared to past prices - though I still wouldn't recommend doing the math on the investment required.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What would sell the product more would be if you sold all those items in the C-store and not lockboxes because I would buy them all; but because they are lockbox I will again offer no support to you guys and not spend any money.
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will the 29th Century uniforms/jumpsuits be purchasable on the Exchange for Energy Credits? If it's solely in the Lobi Store, I won't be buying it. Not gonna gamble real life cash on the vein hopes of "winning" the correct lockbox.

I'm with Ltsmith on this one. Some of these items could EASILY be made available on the C-Store, AS WELL AS in lockboxes. Costumes for one. Unique Consoles. I understand CBS doesn't want a huge influx of "inappropriate" ships, readily available to the players. That's why you have the Lockboxes, since it's a gamble to win one. But consoles and uniforms shouldn't be a problem.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thank youuuuu for making people held by the AoE Hold untargettable.

While it's still a LONG ways away from making these ships any sort of balanced, it's good that you didn't make that even bigger mis-step.
  • Options
    baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    While some of these items are cool, would much prefer to buy them from the C-Store. :)
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Will the 29th Century uniforms/jumpsuits be purchasable on the Exchange for Energy Credits? If it's solely in the Lobi Store, I won't be buying it. Not gonna gamble real life cash on the vein hopes of "winning" the correct lockbox.

I'm with Ltsmith on this one. Some of these items could EASILY be made available on the C-Store, AS WELL AS in lockboxes. Costumes for one. Unique Consoles. I understand CBS doesn't want a huge influx of "inappropriate" ships, readily available to the players. That's why you have the Lockboxes, since it's a gamble to win one. But consoles and uniforms shouldn't be a problem.

these like the other outfits before them from the lobi store will be most likely available on the exchange and i may purchase one if i get nuff lobi after the mobius purchase.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler