test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lock Box Spotlight Video

13»

Comments

• majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nice video, I'd like to see that effort put into new missions for us players.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks, the video helps to get a better idea about the rewards of the temporal lockbox. :)
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    After watching this a couple of times, I note a 29th century phaser and a temporal disruptor bomb.

That at the least suggests a weapon.

I'll throw out my wish for a ground set.

Here's how I envision it:
    29th Century Federation Type 47 Phaser Pistol

This weapon originates from the 29th century. Its primary attack fires a phaser beam that is slightly out of phase with the normal space time continuum, allowing it to penetrate shields but reducing its effective damage. Its secondary stun setting uses a phaser-chroniton hybrid beam attack to stun and slow targets.

Temporal Phase Beam Setting
    Phaser Damage
    25 Phaser Damage x2 (68.6 DPS)
    40% Bonus Shield Penetration
    2.5% chance: +2 Stun
    -50% Runspeed
    20% Chance to Temporally Disintegrate a target, when the target's health is below 20%. (Basically, the Fleet SDisrupt proc but with a flashy time effect. Ask anybody who has this weapon: STF mobs and Colony Invasion mobs are immune and it isn't a huge advantage/time-saver outside of solo missions and Fleetmark events. It mainly looks cool.)

Chroniton Stun Setting
    Expose Attack
    Stuns Target
    12 Phaser Damage x2 (3.4 DPS)
    -50% Runspeed
    +2 Stun
    2.5% chance: +2 Stun
    -50% Runspeed
    2.5% Significantly reduces target's movement speed for 10 sec

The other two pieces of this set, as I imagine it, would be Temporal Shields (which I imagine being similar to Jem'Hadar shields but with movement control resists instead of physical resist and the "shroud" effect being dressed up as a time effect... and a Temporal Disruptor device which acts like a very special, non-consumable stun grenade.

I imagine the 3 piece set bonus would act like a mix of photonic decoy, subspace jump, and the Mobius' Manheim console.

It would... Replace you with a decoy of yourself which lasts for 7 seconds, transports you behind your enemy (using the temporal transporter effect from Voyager's "Relativity"). Your duplicate can fight but any damage it takes is transferred to you.

So it would be you as your future self. You see yourself transport behind your enemy instantly. However, your enemy just sees you in front of him and a temporal beam-in of you behind him.

I'm thinking 2 piece bonus would be hefty resistance against slow/stun/root effects and something like a 2% cooldown reduction and runspeed increase, passive.

Given the overall lower DPS (closer to melee), I could maybe also see an extra 3 piece set bonus that makes this weapon immune to Borg adaptation. They always had trouble with stuff from the future anyway, per Endgame. Sure, you can say they'd adapt but Time Agents could always retroactively remodulate. In fact, that would be a cool name for an extra on the 3 piece set bonus:

Retroactive Remodulator
    Borg do not adapt to your 29th Century Type 47 Phaser Pistol. Technically, they do adapt but your advanced TCARS system remodulates it retroactively.
    edited September 2012
    Although it would also be cool if say:

The 2 piece was Temporal Backstep on the Ground and the 3 Piece was a variation on the Veteran Android's self-rez power.

So, say, once every ten minutes, you could use the power when dead to resurrect with 40% health and a 20% chance of injuries being wiped, with a Temporal Transporter beam-in effect rather than the "standing up" animation. Maybe also with a 20% chance of "Temporal Psychosis" a debuff which reduces accuracy and causes your vision to be blurred for 60 seconds.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So about those 29th Century uniforms...

How near is "the near future"?

I mean in linear time, none of that wibbly-wobbly time travel jargon please. :3
    edited September 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    So about those 29th Century uniforms...

How near is "the near future"?

I mean in linear time, none of that wibbly-wobbly time travel jargon please. :3

My suspicion is, the Thursday after the key sale ends. Or the Thursday after that.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Probably. :\

I can't help but be a bit anxious, though. The 29th Century uniforms have been on my want list since I started playing (second, just ahead of the skant and just behind Kirk's Ripped Shirt). And I am intensely curious as to what this KDF equivalent will look like.