test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6 Dev Blog #29

Comments

• benglowbenglow Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Mobile Emitter for example..
    also why doesn't the Federation do anything against loosing the ships?
    They have the registry numbers and maybe information on the computer core.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    "Most of the 29th century tech has been stripped off, presumbly in service for the Tholian Assembly"

Knew it :D And people worried about the logic of 29th century tech in the 25th century

Yeah, that makes things perfectly alright. Especially with them forgetting to take the Time Devices along with them. :rolleyes:

Like to know how the Tholians managed to steal multiple 29th Century Timeships and Starfleet in the Future or the Past being perfectly okay flying around with ships from the future. Guess in STO the future is so bleak from grinding that Starfleet is okay with flying around anything they can get their hands on. :rolleyes:
    I applaud the improving skill of the interior map designers in translating canon ship sets. Every iteration seems to markedly improve and get closer and closer to what we saw in the TV shows and movies, in size, scale, and detail.

However...

The Relativity's bridge is still the worst bridge set shown on TV or movies.

Excellent detail though!

Gotta see it in person, but from the Screenshots it does look really good. Wish they spent time redoing all the canoncial bridges to match, without charging us (since we already supposed to already have bought them).
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ill be getting all these ships... And I cant wait for these lock box's to hit. First ones Ive been really willing to spend a nickle on. I will be flying my mobius day 1 :)
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For those who insist that canonicity has been broken, please consider the following points.
    1. Space is already big enough that the Federation can't send a starship to every single flashpoint.
    2. Add the time dimension and you exponentially increase the amount of space-time to patrol.
    3. If there's a Temporal Cold War, do you really think a single Department of Temporal Investigation have enough timeships to police all of space-time and recover tens of thousands not just Federation, but also KDF, Tholian and mirror timeships?
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will the consoles on these ships be account bound so we don't have to waste one (ship) on a character who will only have it for the console?

Also not a fan that the KDF bridge is just a reskin of the Federation one, rather lazy if you ask me. It's bad enough that the KDF ships are a copy and paste of the Federation ones with only a name and skin change.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2012
    To clear up customization unlocks....

Be weary, the next wall of text is a, perhaps, over the top pile of examples and explanations of how these ships unlock parts for each other.

TL;DR : Get a ship, and it unlocks it's material(s) on other time ships you may also get, and the other way around.
    Some ships unlock 2 materials for other time ships.
    Some ships unlock window variant options for time ships.
    Mobius has the regular Fed mirrior material along with it's own.
    Wells has the Type 6 material along with it's own.
    Krenn has the Fed mirror material along with it's own.
    Veteran materials can be applied to all 6 time ships.

Details!

These ships do share some customization options -- Materials are shared, and the Mobius/Wells unlock window (the top bubble) options. You wont be able to switch hull types, mostly so it's still possible to tell what type of ship someone is in, kind of like how when you're in a Galaxy, you're in a Galaxy, not an Intrepid.

Example time:
    If you get the Wells & the Mobius, you will be able to swap materials between the two. ie. Mobius material on the Wells, or the Wells material on the Mobius.
    Same goes for the Aeon. If you get the Aeon, you will be able to place that on either the Mobius or Wells, and the other way around.

Similar unlock process for the Klingon ships. You will, however, not be able to use the other time ship materials, until you actually acquire the others.

All time ships have the standard materials available, ie. the 4 default ones for Fed, and the 3 default for Klingon.

As an added bonus, the Wells will come with two window (top bubble) options, one with a brown/bronze trim, and another with a grey trim. The grey version is there to better match with some of the other available material options.
    The Mobius, with it's red tinted windows follows the same idea. There is a plain grey trimmed option. Getting either will unlock the two window options for the other ship.

Even more-so, The Wells, Mobius, and Krenn come with an extra material!

That is:
    Wells: Type 6
    Mobius: Standard Federation Mirror
    Krenn: Standard Klingon Mirror

These extra materials will be unlocked on the appropriate counterparts.

In the end, if you get all 3 federation time ships, it's totally possible to fly around in a Wells Class, using the standard federation mirror material, black-trim windows with a red tint.
    Or and Aeon with the Type 6 material.

Not all of the ships unlock 2 materials for the other time ships, just the 3 mentioned.

Also, all 6 time ships are Veteran Material capable, meaning, if you're on of those people with 900 days under your belt, you can certainly drop that material onto any of these ships that you obtain.

In theory, if you were to obtain all 3 federation time ships, as well as having the 900-day veteran material unlocked, you could have 10 material choices for these federation ships.
    Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, Type 6, Veteran, Wells, Mobius, Mirror, Aeon

I know that was likely a roughly assembled jumble of words, but I hope it clears anything up.

Any other questions, feel free to ask in game, or here.
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sweet. Being able to change look of ship based on your current ships is too cool. I assume that if we obtain a Wells Class ship, grab the console and decommission the ship, then the Wells Material is still available for the Mobius and Aeon ship.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Does that skin feature work account based or just character based? No point if character based, as it's a waste of a ship, being that they are only character based ships rather than account as they should be considering they are no longer faction neutral.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    T
    Temporal Backstep and rewind time approximately 13 seconds. Your ship's position reverses, and some of your ship's hull and shield damage is restored. Additionally, the cooldown and recharge times on all your abilities are reset. The Tipler Cylinder is part of a set, and can be used on any Timeship, including the Wells, Mobius, Korath, Krenn, Aeon or Rozhenko class vessels. If you also have a Manheim Device equipped, activating the Temporal Backstep will also cause all nearby foes to freeze in time until the sequence has ended.

Is this a 13 second hard stun?
    edited September 2012
    In theory, if you were to obtain all 3 federation time ships, as well as having the 900-day veteran material unlocked, you could have 10 material choices for these federation ships.
    Type 1, Type 2, Type 3, Type 4, Type 6, Veteran, Wells, Mobius, Mirror, Aeon
    I'm reminded of Zefram Cochrane's line when he sees the Ent-E off of the Phoenix's starboard.
    edited September 2012

All yours for the price of ______ . ;)

Quite the expensive customization option this time.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay.

So I'm a Veteran. I can use the Veteran texture on the Mobius.

Now, if I want a non-red bubble... I have to get the Wells? Does the Aeon come with a bubble unlock?
  • redshirtjohnson#9017 redshirtjohnson Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Details!

These ships do share some customization options -- Materials are shared, and the Mobius/Wells unlock window (the top bubble) options. You wont be able to switch hull types, mostly so it's still possible to tell what type of ship someone is in, kind of like how when you're in a Galaxy, you're in a Galaxy, not an Intrepid.

I'm loving the Mobius Temporal Destroyer's stats and as it's in the Lobi store rather than a chance box and will never be taken out thanks by the way for that. but I don't like it's look, I really do think if we are lucky to get the wells class and we have the Mobius Temporal Destroyer, it should unlock the wells skin for the Mobius... being able to ID a ship on flyby is nice and all, but it's not like we're going from a defiant to a borg cube. These are meant to be the same ship only one is a mirror version with a little better stats. people can still view our info and see what kind of ship we're flying. just saying is all.

Love the custom bride by the way, to often have you released a ship with out it's iconic bridge. lets hope moving forward you'll stay this new course. I'm honestly feeling better that I just picked up 7 x 10 stacks of master keys.

Question: Where is the Capt. Braxton "Relativity" 29th Century Uniform? why are you giving us the Crewman Daniels jump suit? wouldn't you rather save that for the Future's Past lock box where you give us the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-J ? would make so much more since wouldn't you say?
    edited September 2012
    Question: Where is the Capt. Braxton "Relativity" 29th Century Uniform? why are you giving us the Crewman Daniels jump suit? wouldn't you rather save that for the Future's Past lock box where you give us the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-J ? would make so much more since wouldn't you say?

I hope this means Braxton's uniform is planned as an accountwide C-Store unlock.

Looking at the cut of it, it looks like it would work as a reskin of the AGT uniform with new pips and badge.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The issue is NOT with us using it. The issue is with 29th century people not trying to stop us. We're perfectly in-character using it. It's the 29th century people who would have a problem with it.

Which is why I now think 2409 is a front in the Temporal Cold War, the 29th century is choosing not interfere, or unable to, and however big a mess Cryptic makes of the timeline in STO we can all rest assured the timeline will be restored, blinked out of existance with the spherebuilders and xindi probe some two-hundred and fifty years ago (or two hundred years from the 29th century) when Daniels peers down the Temporal Observatory and tells Future Guy: "Did you see that? SPACE TRIBBLE! Can we please agree this has gone too far!?"

For all we know, Future Guy could be alive right now, deliberately TRIBBLE with the past to keep the time guys from noticing what he's doing in the present. (With the traditional flow of time being forward, each past incursion would probably need to be dealt with before the next most recent incursion become detectable. It's not just logical, it's chronological! ... What? No. The Vulcans didn't laugh either.) I still think it's a Romulan, cause while S31 would be capable of doing something like this to hang on to mobile emitters, transphasic torpedoes (and lets face it, if the Wells bugs you, those should too, if only a little less) and the Omega 13 device, they probably wouldn't try to get the Xindi to destroy Earth. For Romulans, that's the national pasttime.

Hey...

I don't suppose the Temporal Backstep will add 13 seconds back to the STF optional clock, huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    For all we know, Future Guy could be alive right now, deliberately TRIBBLE with the past to keep the time guys from noticing what he's doing in the present.

It's a Romulan, being played by the Iconians, and they led the Tholians get their hands..claws...feelers...apendiges on Mirror and Future Tec.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited September 2012
    artan42 wrote: »
    It's a Romulan, being played by the Iconians, and they led the Tholians get their hands..claws...feelers...apendiges on Mirror and Future Tec.

This parallels the idea some have had that when all is said and done, WE will turn out to be the ones who bombarded Iconia 200,000 years ago.

I THINK someone suggested that anyway.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You wont be able to switch hull types

Soooo Wells Class Visuals with Mobius Stats = NO GO = i'm not buying,
    because SCI ships SUCK and that Cmdr. Sci slot is a waist of high end BOff Slots imho.
    i'm not interested in non-canon Ships (if it wasn't on TV? then i will not waist money on it, 2000 Zen for a C-Store ship, i can grind that in-game, a $50+ Lobi Crystal Ship, yaaah no thx.)
    kind of like how when you're in a Galaxy, you're in a Galaxy, not an Intrepid.

*cough* Mirror Universe LockBox Ships *cough*

Also, well i'm already out but still, if the texture options unlock if you own all ships, that is a nice idea.... for those 25% of the Playerbase who only play ONE Character.
    I have 11 Chars, IF i would want more than one of these Ships, then i would unlock them on different Characters, and of course in that case i get none of the cross ship options...

So thank you for considering Players with multiple Characters... maybe NEXT TIME?

Seriously this PER CHARACTER way of thinking with the LockBoxes and Lobi Store ... and LOBI CRYSTALS is not going to make Players like me participate in that System.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    a question:

i think it wasn't clarified in the Blog, the Mobius Console,
    is that one only working on the Time Ships or on all Ships?

just thinking, MVAM + SCI Captain + Mobius Console would be some epic pet spam.

also what are the cooldowns? and how long do these pet ships stay? until destroyed, or for x seconds? one would rly need that info to compare them to the MVAM pets (which are still a bit buggy).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Which is why I now think 2409 is a front in the Temporal Cold War, the 29th century is choosing not interfere, or unable to, and however big a mess Cryptic makes of the timeline in STO we can all rest assured the timeline will be restored, blinked out of existance with the spherebuilders and xindi probe some two-hundred and fifty years ago (or two hundred years from the 29th century) when Daniels peers down the Temporal Observatory and tells Future Guy: "Did you see that? SPACE TRIBBLE! Can we please agree this has gone too far!?"

For all we know, Future Guy could be alive right now, deliberately TRIBBLE with the past to keep the time guys from noticing what he's doing in the present. (With the traditional flow of time being forward, each past incursion would probably need to be dealt with before the next most recent incursion become detectable. It's not just logical, it's chronological! ... What? No. The Vulcans didn't laugh either.) I still think it's a Romulan, cause while S31 would be capable of doing something like this to hang on to mobile emitters, transphasic torpedoes (and lets face it, if the Wells bugs you, those should too, if only a little less) and the Omega 13 device, they probably wouldn't try to get the Xindi to destroy Earth. For Romulans, that's the national pasttime.

Hey...

I don't suppose the Temporal Backstep will add 13 seconds back to the STF optional clock, huh?

In a way this perked me up regarding the Temporal War.

For the longest time, I always said that those TNG era ships we saw (Vor'cha, the Prometheus, Nova, etc) were ships sent forward into the Future and we end up aiding the Enterprise-J and stopping the bad guys. Since we now have timeships, don't see why not that we couldn't encounter the Enterprise-J (it just wouldn't be playble).

As for Future Guy, yeah, like said above since he was going to be revealed to be a Romulan.

It never was exactly said in what era he was from, only that he had knowledge of 28th Century technology. So I could easily see him being from a faction of Romulan loyalists (not the ones supported by the Iconians) and is out to change history to prevent the destruction of Romulus in the Hobus Event.

So he somehow stumbles on the 29th Century technology (ends up being 28th Century technology) that was mysteriously acquired by the Tholians (could be the Iconians directing things) and he uses it to communicate with the Cabal in the 22nd Century, and the rest is Trek History.
  • heckmoheckmo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    maybe im blind, i read the blog post, i havent read all the comments, but where are the lockbox details? i see only ships, whats the chances of a ship? what are the other items from these lockboxs? and most importantly i want some details of the temporal doffs, i dont care about the ships much, great if i get one but im sure i wont and i have no intention of trying to get one, am i the only one who wants more doff stuff going on?
    The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Since I mostly play the KDF I am really liking how these ships look and their stats but the biggest question the begs for me is how much Lobi they will cost and odds are I'd probally never win the ship from lockbox I've participated in all the lockboxes but never recieved a ship from using a key although I own some.

I'm just hoping the odds are not astronomically low although I'd only want one of them though because I have only one toon that would feel somewhat canon using it.

Edit: One thing I am wondering is are these KDF ones Klingon ships without a cloaking device? That would not make any sense and that first one not being able to equip cannons? LOL hmmmmm I am interested in them but the no cloak and no cannons on the lockbox one kind of makes it meh...
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The colors in the images for the ships. Are we stuck with those or are there more color options? Personally, I prefer the look of the Well's class that was in the Skirmish mission over the screenshot posted in the Dev blog.
  • kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well what a let down this is I think in a major way I was looking forward to having 29th century tech and weapons that would allow me to one shot everything in sight but guess since your lame explanation kills that thanks so much. However though the borg can have one hit weapons but apparently the Federation and KDF can't produce or aquire said tech from say the 29th century but hey that makes lots of sense not!!!!.

Also on top of all that there seems to be no sign that this boring war with the KDF will end!!!! am so tired of it now nothing has changed something really needs to give here and having this substantial tactical advantage would allow the Feds to end this war once and for all. Therefore either force the KDF to surrender or bring them to the negotiation table either way am tired of fighting the KDF all the time and I don't care what anyone says its time for it to end one way or another.
    edited September 2012
    Well what a let down this is I think in a major way I was looking forward to having 29th century tech and weapons that would allow me to one shot everything in sight but guess since your lame explanation kills that thanks so much. However though the borg can have one hit weapons but apparently the Federation and KDF can't produce or aquire said tech from say the 29th century but hey that makes lots of sense not!!!!.

Also on top of all that there seems to be no sign that this boring war with the KDF will end!!!! am so tired of it now nothing has changed something really needs to give here and having this substantial tactical advantage would allow the Feds to end this war once and for all. Therefore either force the KDF to surrender or bring them to the negotiation table either way am tired of fighting the KDF all the time and I don't care what anyone says its time for it to end one way or another.

I can see the kdf having the time tech due to that Janeway stole it from them in the series finale but the feds having 29th century tech 3-4 centuries earlier is just a money grab and is in no way canon. For the matter of fact the feds having it isn't even soft canon its just made up garbage on top of that for a money grabbing play to ruin the smidgeon of integrity for the franchise it had left.

Heck the main lockbox KDF ship can't even equip cannons and then neither of them have cloaking devices either so its a bunch of bull... Only people who will be getting this stuff will be people who don't care for the franchise/IP but just to try to make money LOL...

Edit: Some may not get it but okay the TNG/DS9/Voyager ERA was 24th century according to CANON... The game comes in at almost a decade into the 25th century so I do not see where people are getting that this is the 28th century some people are skipping atleast 2 centuries versus the actual 3 centuries earlier that the fed stuff is appearing in the game LOL.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    how well tested are they before release? since they don't go on tribble and since the mobius seems a bit op and kinda has taken much of the shine off of working hard to get a fleet ship.... you remember from that content you added.

can the fleet defiant get some universal boff slots??

and a beefier fleet b'rel
    edited September 2012
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    how well tested are they before release? since they don't go on tribble and since the mobius seems a bit op and kinda has taken much of the shine off of working hard to get a fleet ship.... you remember from that content you added.

can the fleet defiant get some universal boff slots??

and a beefier fleet b'rel

Tested... this is Cryptic we are talking about :P
  • ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    only thing that interests me is this: will consoles be accaunt bound...i woud like to get Mobius for my fed tac and Korath for my klink sci...2 consoles...will i be ablče to swich them around thru accaunt bank (consoles are the same in fed or klink faction, you cant use them on other ships),so why not...just wonderin:D
  • ebonyteviloebonytevilo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Details!

I'm loving the Mobius Temporal Destroyer's stats and as it's in the Lobi store rather than a chance box ... but I don't like it's look, I really do think if we are lucky to get the wells class and we have the Mobius Temporal Destroyer, it should unlock the wells skin for the Mobius... being able to ID a ship on flyby is nice and all, but it's not like we're going from a defiant to a borg cube. These are meant to be the same ship only one is a mirror version with a little better stats. people can still view our info and see what kind of ship we're flying. just saying is all...

+1

Moebius + Wells-Skin = and i will buy Lobis and gamble Lockboxes.
    Moebius without Wells-Skin = no money from me.
    edited September 2012
    I can see the kdf having the time tech due to that Janeway stole it from them in the series finale but the feds having 29th century tech 3-4 centuries earlier is just a money grab and is in no way canon. For the matter of fact the feds having it isn't even soft canon its just made up garbage on top of that for a money grabbing play to ruin the smidgeon of integrity for the franchise it had left.

Heck the main lockbox KDF ship can't even equip cannons and then neither of them have cloaking devices either so its a bunch of bull... Only people who will be getting this stuff will be people who don't care for the franchise/IP but just to try to make money LOL...

Edit: Some may not get it but okay the TNG/DS9/Voyager ERA was 24th century according to CANON... The game comes in at almost a decade into the 25th century so I do not see where people are getting that this is the 28th century some people are skipping atleast 2 centuries versus the actual 3 centuries earlier that the fed stuff is appearing in the game LOL.

Why would the Federation have a problem with using tech taken from the future?