What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: September 2012

Comments

• Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't think the True Way or the Borg should be playable factions to begin with. first off, the current state of the True Way after the Federation storyline would made them useless. unless Cryptic changes it where the True Way manage to overthrow Detapa council and make a new militant Cardassian Union that could make it a playable faction, but i don't c Cryptic changing their storyline at all. as for a Borg Faction...

Here is an idea to throw out, just for brainstorming for the Dev's if they do have ideas floating around for a True Way faction a few years down the road, doubtful but you never know. What if the Klingon Empire invaded and conquered Cardassia? Could be a campaign/set of missions in the KDF faction.

The True Way then turned from terrorist and traitor into a liberation force. They have become the only hope for the Cardassian people, a resistance so to speak operating out of a secret plant/base deep in Cardassian space. It would then make more sense for a True Way faction and would be much better than a Dominion faction imo.
    will there be an increase in the level cap, and will there be more features that don't require zen as there are many of us out there who do not have the chance to pay real money to buy zen?

I would suggest you grind dilithium into Zen, you can get nearly everything in the game for free if you're prepared to work at it.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    branmakmorrnbranmakmorrn Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just popping back in to check up on things.

I voted KDF content.

Even though KDF as of now is second (19%) to Romulans (30%) . . .

I think that even after 2+ years of KDF players leaving due to lack of content, to register so highly on the 'stuff you guys need to do list'. . . says A LOT. (even to come in ahead of more FE's- THAT's astounding!)

BEsides, if you move on to a half-complete Rom faction, you tick off Romulan fans. And, hand yourself a second faction to complete, whilst presenting yourself with yet another disgruntled playerbase.

If you move on and develop a full-on Romulan faction before you polish up the KDF, you do a great dishonor to the loyal fans that have stuck around all this time. And, you'll have to do it eventually anyways. . .

Logic dictates your next move more than this poll does, but then again, we're only human. Thanks for the poll, and the chance to once again show my support of the KDF. I miss youse guys.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    It is if PvP is what you really like... but not everyone does. I play MMO's because being an online game means far richer and constantly updated content then I could get in a stand-alone game. It also means there are occasional opportunities to interact with like minded folks. However, for the most part, I game in an MMO for the same reason I watch a TV show, read a book or play a stand-alone computer game... escapism! I'm trying to ESCAPE the real world and that includes all the people in it. I don't really LIKE the real people I encounter, for the most part. I prefer the imaginary people I encounter in books, movies, games and my own imagination.

So, no, PvP is not the most fun part of an MMO for me (and many folks like me). Because that means having to interact with REAL people (or the avatars of REAL people). If I wanted that I'd turn the computer off and head down to the local chess club or pool hall or (insert other real world establishment here). I prefer PvE where the "people" I encounter can be depended on NOT to break my immersion, grief me or do anything terribly unexpected. I already get enough of that in my day to day "real world" life... why would I seek more of the same for entertainment purposes?? :confused:
    Wow this reads as if i would have written it myself.
    I fully agree with you, if i wanted to see people insult each other i sit into my car and drive to the next big city at rush hour, lol.

OT: I think that if the devs decide to focus on creating a Romulan faction there will be much less content for Federation and KDF for a certain amount of time.
    Personally i would prefer if we could get a really well done exploration revamp first, so there is much more real playable content in a long term.
    (In contrast to featured episodes which contain just a few episodes and then you have to go back to your daily grinding.)

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    varoolvarool Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nador67 wrote: »
    I disagree,

Klingons will not kill all Romulans just because they are Romulans. They understand that individuals vary in levels of honor/dishonor. They (KDF) fought a war with the Gorn, but instead of wiping out the species; they melded them into the empire.

Better yet, the Gorn, Naussicans, and Orions weren't placed into servitude. They all had equal opportunities to earn honor and glory for the empire. And remember that Romulans are much more advanced in Science, Engineering, and Combat tactics then those three.

Klingons would welcome the advancements and even with prejudices against the Romulans; would still allow each the opportunity to earn and/or prove their honor.

Klingons won't attack the Romulan populace when the Romulan military is taken care of, these people can not defend themselves and there would be no honor in it, just dishonor. if these romulan civilians do pick up arms then it becomes honorable. if not, then those romulans leaders will be killed and the Klingons will plant their own presence on the surface with a new leadership then made apart of the empire. Klingons don't care too much about romulan like any other race, the same with romulans. it is only certain people high enough in both sides that make these comments that give the false impression. have you forgotten the TNG episodes where worf went to search for his father and found a compound with romulan and klingons living together in peace? some klingons found they are already dead or abandoned this chase for honor and no presence to keep it up, there was no need to run this hate that apparently existed.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nador67 wrote: »
    I disagree,

Klingons will not kill all Romulans just because they are Romulans. They understand that individuals vary in levels of honor/dishonor. They (KDF) fought a war with the Gorn, but instead of wiping out the species; they melded them into the empire.

Better yet, the Gorn, Naussicans, and Orions weren't placed into servitude. They all had equal opportunities to earn honor and glory for the empire. And remember that Romulans are much more advanced in Science, Engineering, and Combat tactics then those three.

Klingons would welcome the advancements and even with prejudices against the Romulans; would still allow each the opportunity to earn and/or prove their honor.

Klingons would never accept Romulans as equals in an alliance and neither would the Romulans. They are calculating, discreet, sneaky untrusting and deceitful. They don't care for the Klingon concept of honor at all and they think Klingons would best be held in a zoo. I think there's only one way the Romulans would become part of the Klingon Empire - through conquest. The Romulans would probably be made second-class citizens. But I don't think the Klingons would survive a war against the Federation AND the Romulan Empire.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Here is an idea to throw out, just for brainstorming for the Dev's if they do have ideas floating around for a True Way faction a few years down the road, doubtful but you never know. What if the Klingon Empire invaded and conquered Cardassia? Could be a campaign/set of missions in the KDF faction.

The True Way then turned from terrorist and traitor into a liberation force. They have become the only hope for the Cardassian people, a resistance so to speak operating out of a secret plant/base deep in Cardassian space. It would then make more sense for a True Way faction and would be much better than a Dominion faction imo.

Love your thinking.
    One of my suggestions for a Klingon mission was to quell a rebellion on one of the Klingon held Cardassian Protectorates (from the Dominion war days) which the Klingons held on to. 'Tis oft quoted that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. True Way as a faction makes more sense than a demilitarised Cardassian people (remember they agreed not to field a military or wage war as long as the Federation protected their territories, something it is obviously struggling to do with war on so many fronts) if you consider that many Cardassians obviously feel the need to raise arms again since we see so many True Way vessels all over the place. Since they have some Alpha? Jem Hadar on their side, maybe they found an old breeding facility to bolster their numbers.

Back to the Hirogen in RSE argument. Why must all Hirogen be purely interested in hunting? In Voyager there was a faction trying to preserve the culture of the Hirogen, believing that the hunt had led their race to near extinction. In STO, Sela (who if I recall correctly is EMPRESS of what remains of the RSE) allied with a faction of Hirogen in order to consolidate power... why would she not still maintain that alliance in exchange for technology, manpower and ships? A few dialogue options in-game (such as superior officers reminding Hirogen characters of their place in the new RSE) and this option is eminently plausible (and likely, given the devs are going to look for race options that require as little work for the greatest variety as possible and Hirogen are already in game as NPCs). Don't get me wrong, I'll choose Romulan and want to fly my D'Deridex and D'Khazanak (anyone spotting the reference gets a cookie) but I would not think it was a bad thing to see the odd Hirogen walking around Rihan and fighting the Borg by my side.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Love your thinking.
    One of my suggestions for a Klingon mission was to quell a rebellion on one of the Klingon held Cardassian Protectorates (from the Dominion war days) which the Klingons held on to. 'Tis oft quoted that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. True Way as a faction makes more sense than a demilitarised Cardassian people (remember they agreed not to field a military or wage war as long as the Federation protected their territories, something it is obviously struggling to do with war on so many fronts) if you consider that many Cardassians obviously feel the need to raise arms again since we see so many True Way vessels all over the place. Since they have some Alpha? Jem Hadar on their side, maybe they found an old breeding facility to bolster their numbers.

Back to the Hirogen in RSE argument. Why must all Hirogen be purely interested in hunting? In Voyager there was a faction trying to preserve the culture of the Hirogen, believing that the hunt had led their race to near extinction. In STO, Sela (who if I recall correctly is EMPRESS of what remains of the RSE) allied with a faction of Hirogen in order to consolidate power... why would she not still maintain that alliance in exchange for technology, manpower and ships? A few dialogue options in-game (such as superior officers reminding Hirogen characters of their place in the new RSE) and this option is eminently plausible (and likely, given the devs are going to look for race options that require as little work for the greatest variety as possible and Hirogen are already in game as NPCs). Don't get me wrong, I'll choose Romulan and want to fly my D'Deridex and D'Khazanak (anyone spotting the reference gets a cookie) but I would not think it was a bad thing to see the odd Hirogen walking around Rihan and fighting the Borg by my side.

maybe to limit hirogen in the rse the hirogen could be dare i say it..... the rse's c-store race???
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    maybe to limit hirogen in the rse the hirogen could be dare i say it..... the rse's c-store race???

Why not? Ferasans for KDF and most of the KDF allies ships are c-store so Hirogen and their vessels as a c-store option for RSE seems reasonable. Seems so obvious I'm actually feeling stupid for not suggesting it myself.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Why not? Ferasans for KDF and most of the KDF allies ships are c-store so Hirogen and their vessels as a c-store option for RSE seems reasonable. Seems so obvious I'm actually feeling stupid for not suggesting it myself.

only thing that held me back saying it earlier is the anti-c/zen-store factor. how ever this dose even up some factors that feds and kdf are already have c-store species and ships.
    it would add another source of income/return from adding the rse in the 1st place
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Honestly? I could live with it if RSE was a Z-store unlock. I'd pay actual money for that!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    here is one for cryptic to answer = will the later c-store ships have the texture errors sorted any time soon ? , some of the textures on the ships is a little poorly done tbh on paid for ships (not meant to offend in any way)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    fsdgds12fsdgds12 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would like to see more Canon ships and weapones than the stupid "more DPS = good player" bull**** -, . It insults me that most of the players playing sto still see it as ordinary MMO wich it isnt and never wanted to be! DStahl if u can read this and i highly HOPE you do ... PLS listen to those who want fun and not just another MMO and the gameplay ATM is just MMO not the Star Trek you wanted to bring to us! You were the helm for STO for that long you know that i am right about this! so why bother boosting items already ingame when you could do this once and forall with just simply the things i wrote to you! i will do it again and again untill someone actualy listens to what is in those mails. Besides most people go out after seing the chat ingame and the bull**** "just another MMO so i have to do something that all others do". If i remember corectly you wanted a game were anybody is an individual! now you got a game where its like all others: 3 way's of playing when you want to be succesfull in PVP and Elite runs! and thats just wrong.

MFG
    Kouta Seto

PS: I will NEVER try to write things the way they need to be! every single person with some brain (this is no insult but the bitter truth -,) can actualy read it! study's prove it so why should i listen to those wasting time for gramma? if the meaning isnt changed at all in the most easy language of the world? (and yes it is -,)
  • Options
    fsdgds12fsdgds12 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As i saw in some other comments i have to go in again:

STOP TALKING NONSENSE ABOUT THE Z-STORE ALREADY!

If you forgot what it is to grind for something (LIKE IN REAL RPG GAMES!(RO at the front of all of them! and its STILL the best MMO in the world beating even WOW!) then LEARN IT again! thats the way games need to be! if u dont want to put time into something AND are against paying for it then i suggest STOP PLAYING IT! PW has come with the best solution since Monster Hunter Frontier is out: Acutaly playing to get the Premium Money (in this case ZEN) and show the world that FUN and a good amount of TIME can bypass P2WIN gamers!

Those are the Things that make STO dead sooner or later! the people just to stupid to actualy play something!
  • Options
    edited September 2012

I'd be up for that, I'd certainly buy it, being a huge Voyager and Delta Quadrant fan. ;)
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think adding the Hirogen as a universal unlockable race would be acceptable. So if you unlock a Hirogen you can play them in the Federation or the KDF, and yet keep them out of the RSE, the story line reason would be that after being kicked out of Romulan space the one's concerned with preserving their species join the Feds while those looking to keep hunting join the KDF.
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kadieras wrote: »
    I think adding the Hirogen as a universal unlockable race would be acceptable. So if you unlock a Hirogen you can play them in the Federation or the KDF, and yet keep them out of the RSE, the story line reason would be that after being kicked out of Romulan space the one's concerned with preserving their species join the Feds while those looking to keep hunting join the KDF.

I do not believe having the Hirogen as a fed character would be a good idea. since the Hirogen are not a federation race it would make ESD and most fed social zones look like a halloween party due to the amount of layers that ill play this race. Keep them as a race for a RSE faction if it ever gets off the ground but not a fed playable race. Come on a RSE faction will need to have something unique to them apart from warbirds.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    I do not believe having the Hirogen as a fed character would be a good idea. since the Hirogen are not a federation race it would make ESD and most fed social zones look like a halloween party due to the amount of layers that ill play this race. Keep them as a race for a RSE faction if it ever gets off the ground but not a fed playable race. Come on a RSE faction will need to have something unique to them apart from warbirds.

the feds wouldn't have the hirogen. they want to hunt. to have such a race it would be against their beliefs/laws/ethics etc since the hirogen the rse have encountered are hunters thats exactly what they will be. they will certainly find the klingons a worthy prey and also they may find out that the kdf is made up of undine :O
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    they will certainly find the klingons a worthy prey and also they may find out that the kdf is made up of undine :O

We all know the Federation is full of Undine infiltrators, the KDF are trying to expose them hence the war. Federation council declaring the Klingon-Gorn war is illegal. :rolleyes: Sounds like Undine influence to me.
    robeasom wrote: »

I agree.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    We all know the Federation is full of Undine infiltrators, the KDF are trying to expose them hence the war. Federation council declaring the Klingon-Gorn war is illegal. :rolleyes: Sounds like Undine influence to me.

I agree.
    Absolutely. We already know several of the high level Federation diplomats and Admirals got replaced. I think the next FE series needs to be done Conspiracy style!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Then the Hirogen should be destined for the KDF since it's the only faction that makes sense for them from a consistent story standpoint.
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Absolutely. We already know several of the high level Federation diplomats and Admirals got replaced. I think the next FE series needs to be done Conspiracy style!

I agree and two unique FE series, one for the Federation and one for the Klingons. :D
    Then the Hirogen should be destined for the KDF since it's the only faction that makes sense for them from a consistent story standpoint.

If you say so, they have been intertwined into the Path to 2409 and into the game itself. There is a whole Federation campaign with them in nearly as many missions as the Romulans. They are no doubt here to stay and as I do with the Gorn on the KDF, you'll have to learn to ignore them if a Romulan faction was ever made.

First rule when it comes to anything, you can't make everyone happy. Cryptic got the approval for the Hirogen in the Romulan Empire and I doubt they would just leave them out for a few fans making complaints on the forums, when they could make a fair amount of money having them in and selling their ships in the c-store.
  • Options
    chikahirochikahiro Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sort of a quick reply - huge thread! So, sorry if it duplicates other suggestions.

I'd like to see more sandbox or higher-level (ie, bird's eye view) gameplay. Certainly, there's a war going on, and at least two factions. While I'm not exactly thinking a MMO version of Civilization or Alpha Centauri, some of the ideas present in those games would be interesting.

Indirect PVP. Ways for players to compete with each other, but not directly. For instance, having some way for different players/playstyles to engage in their interests to give buffs to their faction, or strip buffs from the other side. For instance:
    • Players can commit resources towards developing new weapons or defenses of some kind. Once they achieve a goal, they get an appropriate, temporary buff. Other players can develop a direct counter to the buff, speed up the decay of the buff (essentially, hastening the return of status quo), or work on a strength somewhere else. Ideally, there should be multiple factions/groups the players can work with.
    • Certain goals/activities can contribute to the influence of a faction within the game. As a result, the more influential your particular faction is, the more benefits you get (or at least bragging rights). Naturally, influence should die off with time, thus needs to be maintained (ie, scoreboard reset).
    • Players can go around, doing missions, DOFFs, etc., to try and spread the influence of their faction(s), and a map showing how much influence they're exerting on the areas. Not only on a star chart, but in various areas corresponding with the different DOFF mission types (diplomacy, trade, research, development, etc). Sort of like a cultural or economic win versus military...
    • Stock market. You could even tie it into Champions if you're clever. "And how is Evil Inc. doing today?" "Not good..."
    • A developed Espionage system.

PVP as Sport. This would be an additional PVP format, rather than a replacement. Entering a PVP Sport event puts everyone on the same level with scaling weapons set to the match's level, so even a lowly Miranda would be firing weapons of the same power as a Caitian Atrox (albeit far fewer of them). In theory, anyways, by leveling out the equipment/stats, players would rely more on their skill, usage of Bridge Officer skills, teamwork, etc. Leaderboards would need to be established, and really, presented in a sport-like format (teams, leagues, etc). Having an energy-credit, latinum, or dilithium buy-in would provide a pool for winnings matches, tournaments, etc., as well.

Living battlefields. As much as I like the whole Defara Borg ground action, it still feels too MMO-ish rather than alive. An old game by Richard Garriott had these fantastic group activities where you laid siege to a building/location held by PVE enemies, and so long as you held it, you'd have control of its resources. Another game I've played has those locations serving specific functions, and serving as necessary, strategic assets (PVP activity).

If the same Borg ground action had similar attack, hold/defend to gain benefits (or more appropriately, access to missions, respawn points, etc), that'd be great and far more interesting. As is, I stopped playing because my friends would only hole up in a location and efficiently/boringly grind/farm Borg. There was no real loss or risk! As such, well, I never bothered going there anymore because its dull and undynamic :(

Giving us things to win and gain is great, but its not as interesting as having the give/take, risk/reward dynamic I've seen in other games/situations. Working to get it and keep it is pretty awesome, IMO, and more so than XP/loot pinatas.

Sub-Factions Instead of trying to start off with top-to-bottom new factions and content, why not start with them, creating a seed to start with? Offer the race, some ships, some new content (preferably tied into systems mentioned above), and let them grow with time. There's a lot of common ground for all races to play with already, so give them sandbox goals/desires based on their wants as a people. Romulans might well focus on colonization. Cardassians on espionage. Vulcans on science. Ferengi on trade. Bajorans on spirituality. And, be sure for every race they're countered by at least one other, goal wise.

Stories can be added over time, definitely, but the right set of systems in place, coupled with their motivations, will give a great groundwork for future building. And, honestly, players will burn through stories FAR faster than they will a good, interesting, dynamic system.

Uhm... that's it for now :p

My blog! Zen|Dilithium tracking on Thursdays
    http://samonmaui.blogspot.com
    As a lifetime member of STO, I officially became a financial liability as of April 2012 when compared to a subscriber.
  • Options
    xpectadeth68xpectadeth68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For Cryptic to do a playable romulan character as a member of the federation would be ....just plain NASTY. I just cant see a federation crew manning the bridge of a romulan warbird.To use the current state of affairs between the feds and the klingons to explain the romulans suddenly being willing to "suffer" fed membership (since theres no way any self respecting romulan would serve in the same place as a klingon any other way) would be the biggest cop out in galactic history.

I DO agree that cryptic needs to be MORE specific on the difference between "playable romulan" and "playable romulan FACTION"...so they will have NO EXCUSE to say we voted for character when we are really asking for faction.

We want romulan FACTION cryptic....this means warbirds,uniforms,seperate homeworld,seperate storyline...just like the stinky little klingons have.

...and DONT EVEN THINK about trying to use "romulan lockboxes" to pacify us either,cryptic...
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Easy PvP fix:

Anyone who wants to PvP is targetable upon that choice when loading a Toon.

Anyone who doesn't choose to PvP is NOT targetable.

Could make some one sided battles, but there's that PvP excitement for those who crave it without the usual depressing slaughter of those not professionally invested in PvP.
  • Options
    devek2devek2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What I'd love to see is a Mac version finally!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    On the PVP point a couple of posts back:

I think the problem is that direct PvP can be self-esteem crushing whereas most pitches I see for Indirect PvP sound a touch... boring.

I'd like to see some Battletoads/Lego Indiana Jones type stuff in the vein of the sci-fi classic Enemy Mine or TOS episodes like Day of the Dove.

As in, a system where players (who are enemies) are put onto a map. They must cooperate to survive. They compete for loot.
  • Options
    lasagne01lasagne01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why everytime we enter Sol "System" and we end up seeing Earth's Orbit, and all we can go is the boring Spacedock or Academy. I want to go to Jupitor Station or Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards on Mars to.Would it be better that we have the option to choose to go to when we enter Sol "SYSTEM".
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hmm... Romulans just keep going UP in the ratings. :D getting close to 31% now.

-=-24-Sept-2012-=-
    More Feature Episodes 609 16.94%
    More KDF Content 693 19.28%
    More Fleet Missions / STFs 263 7.32%
    More Foundry Improvements 62 1.73%
    More Rare Ships 94 2.62%
    Playable Romulans 1,101 30.63%
    Improve PVP 298 8.29%
    Improve Duty Officer System 72 2.00%
    Improve Crafting 113 3.14%
    Improve Exploration 289 8.04%

-=-16-Sept-2012-=-
    More Feature Episodes 591 17.22%
    More KDF Content 670 19.52%
    More Fleet Missions / STFs 250 7.28%
    More Foundry Improvements 57 1.66%
    More Rare Ships 88 2.56%
    Playable Romulans 1,045 30.44%
    Improve PVP 290 8.45%
    Improve Duty Officer System 64 1.86%
    Improve Crafting 102 2.97%
    Improve Exploration 276 8.04%

-=-10-Sept-2012-=-
    More Feature Episodes 451 16.80%
    More KDF Content 564 21.01%
    More Fleet Missions / STFs 194 7.23%
    More Foundry Improvements 44 1.64%
    More Rare Ships 68 2.53%
    Playable Romulans 780 29.05%
    Improve PVP 244 9.09%
    Improve Duty Officer System 51 1.90%
    Improve Crafting 72 2.68%
    Improve Exploration 217 8.08%

-=-8-sept-2012-=-
    Playable Romulans 543 28.06%
    More KDF Content 437 22.58%
    More Feature Episodes 315 16.28%
    Improve PVP 186 9.61%
    Improve Exploration 163 8.42%
    More Fleet Missions / STFs 131 6.77%
    Improve Crafting 53 2.74%
    More Rare Ships 42 2.17%
    Improve Duty Officer System 33 1.71%
    More Foundry Improvements 32 1.65%
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lordalphaprimelordalphaprime Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmm. I would prefer a full faction, but realise that might be too much in one go. What I would suggest is this (my idea of a mini-faction):

1) At the opening screen, add a tab next to the fed/Klingon character creator tabs entitled "Other". This would open to the "other" factions, as described under #2. The tab would be openable for any unrestricted slots a player may have.

2) Create a list of mini-faction races, with a color scheme with the name of the minifaction behind it. Starting with the Romulans, as an example, you would list the Romulan races on a green background with the word Romulan centered on the line semi-transparent. When adding other minifactions, you would use a different color scheme with the faction name transparent, etc. More races could be added as desired/necessary.

3) The starting Romulan races probably should be Romulan, Reman, Hirogen and Romulan Alien. Although this would take quite some resources, Cryptic is well known for its customizable character creator and would be well worth it. In time more customization choices could be added to the Romulan Alien as has been done with both the Federation and Klingon Alien. As a new minifaction is introduced, starting with at least three races would be adviseable, but do not introduce a race until there is a good amount of customizations available. As an example, if adding the Dominion faction, I would suggest Jem H'adar, Breen, Dominion Alien, and Vorta.

4) Give the minifaction a unique social hub. Although time consuming, each minifaction should have its own version of ESD or First City. This hub would have mail, bank, stores, everything necessary for a character/player. Do not allow the minifactions to go to fed or Klingon only places (again like ESD). This will be both a sort of unspoken promise for number 5, detailed below, and to show that just because we can now play this faction, it still is a seperate entity from the Klingons and Federation.

5) Start the new minifactions at level 40, with three unique introductory missions and work in access to older missions. Over time, add new missions and eventually expand the level ranges of the minifactions. Personally, I would like to see each even numbered season add more to the klingons and minifactions, but understand that might not be possible. Starting
    at higher levels would allow the slow addition of new resources for the new factions and make it possible for them to some day be fully fleshed out.

6) Add a few new pvp maps with each minifaction, allowing for new ways to pvp. Allow the minifactions to sign up for either fed or klingon side in current pvp matches to allow those matches to get started sooner. New pvp maps could be setup specifically for the minifactions in various ways. An example, when adding a second minifaction, say the Dominion, a pvp map could be set up so Klingon, Fed, and Romulan could sign up for one side, but the other side could Dominion only. Other possible matchup combos could be Rom/klingon vs fed/dom.

Just my random thoughts/desires. Note: I used the Dominion as my example a) because they are probalby my third choice for a new faction; and b) because I can only see the borg as level 50 PVP opponents (my sensibilities say borg character not for me ) ;)
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    will we get more story content? Also what is the status on the Fleet Assault Cruiser? Plus will the KDF get any updates too?
This discussion has been closed.