test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: September 2012

Comments

• romulanforcesromulanforces Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, I've already posted my suggestion for a story-line to start the Romulan faction. I'm hoping that Dan or someone from Cryptic actually reads it and considers it with some feedback would be nice.

It can be done properly without having to choose Fed or Klingon. In fact the story-line I've proposed (and am continuing to write) should evolve without much involvement of Fed or Klingon in the content til much further down the track. Therefore integrating current Fed & KDF missions won't be required. The Romulans I propose are in exile and nobody knows where they are. Their biggest threat is from Hirogen hunters atm.
    RomulanCapital2154.jpg
  • kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    i can see how that might work from an implimentation stand point. but story wise it would actually end up being pretty p!$$ poor. no matter how well you try and play the story of going from feds to a full romulan faction.
    It wouldn't necessary suck. It depends on how they would add playable Romulans to the two existing factions. If they go the road of some splinter factions that leave the Empire, than I too don't see how they could ever go back (RSE is not very forgiving). However Cryptic can take different approach and make those Romulans members of Romulan Imperial Fleet stationed on the FED or KDF territory to fight a common threat (the Borg or the Iconians). I't would be like it was during the dominion wars when Romulans were stationed around Bajor - when the war ended they simply returned to the romulan space.
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    simple example. i've just played as a fed 'affilate'
    played all their missions.... fought my own people in the process and now i'm gonna turn on the feds.?? even pretending i'm a refugee while i'm actually an agent for the rse is so weak considering the state of fed rse and kdf.
    Romulan gameplay would probably start at high level so you would skip all those mission where Feds fight RSE.
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • varoolvarool Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It is possible to have a splinter faction of the romulan forces, but a romulan civil war is not in the interests of either side because of the federation and klingons aswell as the other races that may try to take advantage, but thats not forgetting the infighting on the senate for control as to who will lead the empire. although possible, there is little logic in the idea.

start on nova roma on Rator III as a typical Uhlan after getting your character sorted and one of the three classes, do the Romulan tutorial and become a regular officer at the rank of sublieutenant, start your progression. it obvious the romulans need a few more ship designs. the Romulan scout ship is canon and should of been added like the romulan science ship, there is mention of a romulan cruiser and patrol ship as well as a romulan interceptor.
  • romulanforcesromulanforces Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My story-line doesn't require a civil war. Once the Romulan forces in exile have strengthened, they will make contact with the colonies that are already known. I am also designing new ships and a new emblem that doesn't hold Remus within it's claws. The Remens will be left out of the new empire to do as they will.
    RomulanCapital2154.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't think Remus would want to be left out of the empire and I doubt the romulans would want to leave there slave labour force of remans go either
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Here's an idea:

So... what if Romulans started off as a member of either faction (an extra race for both) and after the tutorials - say, level 10 (and in my opinion unrestricted, never locked level 1 MUST be added to the Klingons if they are ever going to have similar numbers to the feds - thinking about new players) or level 15 or 20, had the option to rejoin - or not (a one time non-reversable option) - the RSE? The next login would have their character transferred to the Romulan faction. This would mean that you would be a Romulan without the need for the devs to make low level missions and would go some way toward fitting in with the storyline.

On that, and as an aside, I would also like to (eventually) see Class/Race specific missions - for all classes/races in all factions, and this would also allow for a 'RSE Rebirth' story tree unique to Romulan characters.

[Edit] I see that many have already put forward something like this - take this as a seconding of those ideas :D
  • docsnoopydocsnoopy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Personally I do not understand how a sub- or mini-faction for Romulans could help STO. I can only see more unresolved points with such a solution.

How could Romulan ships be implemented in KDF/Federation ?
    Should they be implemented at all ?
    Should there be a limited usability and how ?
    Or is it ok that a Human, Klingon, Trill, Gorn, Ferengi, <insert-race-at-own-convenience> suddenly starts flying a Romulan Warbird ?
    If this is ok : why not allow everybody to fly everything ( FED Klingon flying his BoP ) ?
    Where is the line to stop ?
    Are Romulans commanding a ship in Starfleet / KDF reliable after joining just this minute regarding the time line ? Just ignoring all the decades of hot- and cold-wars ?

If you start opening the sub-faction box of the Pandora where to stop ?
    Gorn-civil war ? Schism from KDF.
    Nausicans bored of mercenary existence ? Schism from KDF (and Gorn).
    Orion sabotage of KDF ? Schism from KDF.
    KDF house-against-house ? Schism from KDF.
    The next moment KDF is losing one third of its ship options and player population.
    Should they all get a own mini-faction or just join the Federation ?
    How could this be explained reliable ?
    Cardassians ? Multi-schism to True-Way, Dominion allies, Federation-member and KDF-low-caste-member.
    The KDF faction could easily be made unplayable with this talk about mini-faction-nisim. Same would be with Romulans divided into multiple groups.

Would any of these add anything to the long-term developed of STO ?
    Or would it only add more cry for specific missions and generate smaller buyer groups ?
    Why should a pure Orion, Gorn, what-ever-race buy a Z-Store item for another faction at all?

Sub-factions are only generating more questions for me. You need to be very creative to give answers to some of these questions without giving a running jump into the family jewels of Star Trek fluff and history of the last decades.

IMHO all the talk about joining KDF/Federation is just a excuse for an easy solution while hoping it will provide the biggest turn-over.
    Without any real investment of time/money into real story line development STO will not really expand beyond its current state. Cryptic has developed many one-way one-dimensional story lines that do not lead anywhere except Federation-win-all-other-lose or are just left doing anything.

I dont believe that a more-than-one-faction-MMO can work this way. Who wants to identify himself / join the doomed and always losing side ? That is poor and short-sighted story writing. Flame me if you like but the last time I checked it was still STAR TREK Online and not FEDERATION Online. The game should by attractive to Star Trek fans and not only Federation fans (even if Federation will be the biggest fan group).

KDF started with almost nothing regarding mission content and only Z-Store high-end ships. And now it has a loyal 16% playerbase. Yes, Z-Store sales do not compare to Federation side. But has anyone really expected to get the same sales from a not-loved stepchild handled faction ?

Doesnt this mean that 16% are willing to play and buy KDF stuff even without huge mission content and a huge investment in developer time ? Why should this be different with a Romulan faction ? At the moment they are selling zero Romulan specific Z-Store items.

From a more business point of view is it better to get
    A) a KDF-like Z-Store offer for a Romulan faction (selling a handful new Romulan Z-Store items in form of costumes, skins and ships) with probably low/moderate sales or
    B) integrate Romulans into KDF/Federation and sell new items for both sides in the Z-Store in hope of getting higher sales
    Will option A) or option B) attract more players/buyers ?
    What do you think ?

IMHO if people know what the get in the forefront ( only max level 50 start, only 3+ ships, only 3+ race to choose, only one social start zone, only endgame-missions & FEs & STF, more MAYBE added in the future ) a mini-faction could work.
    What do most players / customers want ?
    What would they spend money on ?
    How many people are playing a Fed alien ( feign-Romulan ) and would spend money on the Z-Store if they could ?
    Are forum based polls the right way to figure this out or would a in-game / launcher poll be better ?

I can only speak for myself but if the alternatives are
    # no-Romulan faction at all
    # a Fed/KDF-faction add-on
    # a small/micro faction ( similar to what KDF started )

I would not spend a single thought on playing / buying any Fed-KDF sidekick sub-faction stuff. I would accept and buy a small/micro faction immediately after it is available. I would even go so far and pre-order it !
  • redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not saying that Romulans should be a sub faction. I'm saying that their tutorial should start them off as a sub-faction precisely because of the storyline. As for schisms and all that, one word. No. We all know that the 'path to 2409' storyline is how it is because three factions was too much at launch for complying with the scheduled release date and pre-launch budget. Yes we have to work within the story, but RSE has always been considered a major faction, even if they have not appeared in very many episodes, which is why they have such a large fan base and Star Trek simply isn't Star Trek if there are no Romulans - visible or not. They would then be followed by Cardassia in order of galactic importance. This also makes sense when looking at the galaxy map. Both their territorial space already exists. A Gorn or House V House schism would leave the Klingons with no territory.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Is there any plans to stop nerfing everything and anything in the game due to people that can't or won't learn to play the game complaining it's too hard when it isn't?

I just did the Borg invasion of Orellius sector (Which is supposed to be the hardest) in my weakest ship and didn't even have to Tank the Borg Command Ship. This nerfing is getting ridiculous and needs an end put to it.

When is this end going to come???

Course I find it funny Sept isn't over yet and the questions are already answered...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Don't think Remus would want to be left out of the empire and I doubt the romulans would want to leave there slave labour force of remans go either

As someone who'd prefer to play a Reman I don't much relish the notion of continued slavery.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • andyp85pneandyp85pne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Please can you make it possible to buy uniforms and ships with energy credits? Thankyou :)

"The Needs Of The Many Out Way The Needs Of The Few!"
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My story-line doesn't require a civil war. Once the Romulan forces in exile have strengthened, they will make contact with the colonies that are already known. I am also designing new ships and a new emblem that doesn't hold Remus within it's claws. The Remens will be left out of the new empire to do as they will.

i have to admit i do like some of your idea. i remember playing final unity. a very long time ago. wasn't there a race called the garidians? who are also in a not so green looking warbird? anyway.
    yeah i can see some sense in what you say there is no way all science engineering military or tal shiar would all happened to be on the romulan home world. when the disarster had happened. so stands to reason there is many still about that can rebuild the rse.

even if they never used the chodak as a main story that drives the rse back in to power in some way. maybe something else on the other side of romulan space in the beta quadrant could.
    the idea that the chodak could indeed make an appearance in some kind of mini series of episodes would also be pretty cool. beit for only romulans or even for all factions would indeed be pretty interesting. from my own personal gaming i've seen them pop up twice and that was in 2 microprose? game. final unity and birth of the federation... which was a great game aslo. choday was just a random event from what i recall. bit like the borg turning up or the crystaline entity.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    andyp85pne wrote: »
    Please can you make it possible to buy uniforms and ships with energy credits? Thankyou :)

Unfortunately, most uniforms are c-store ships, and therefore they'll always cost Zen. The same goes for most of the c-store ships. Are you really saying that it's that hard to go out and grind some dilithium to convert to zen for these things?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    varool wrote: »
    It is possible to have a splinter faction of the romulan forces, but a romulan civil war is not in the interests of either side because of the federation and klingons aswell as the other races that may try to take advantage, but thats not forgetting the infighting on the senate for control as to who will lead the empire. although possible, there is little logic in the idea.

start on nova roma on Rator III as a typical Uhlan after getting your character sorted and one of the three classes, do the Romulan tutorial and become a regular officer at the rank of sublieutenant, start your progression. it obvious the romulans need a few more ship designs. the Romulan scout ship is canon and should of been added like the romulan science ship, there is mention of a romulan cruiser and patrol ship as well as a romulan interceptor.
    I'm thinking more like a Civil Cold War. The two sides antagonize each other daily, but rarely actually try to kill each other.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Feel free to list them in here -- the team is watching this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Umm, okay! *Night of the comet* My biggest pet peeve to date happened on this one.

So, we defeated the comet, and I cloaked my ship and started flying across the map past the fleet of enemies who were absolutely none the wiser. Well, some numb nuts decided to pop up a dialogue box right while I was in the middle of the enemy fleet immediately decloaking me. Which I didn't notice as I was attempting to READ the dialogue box (like a faithful little federation captain), UNTIL I magically started taking fire from every possible direction and blew up a few seconds later.

I'm sorry, but message pop-ups SHOULD NOT DE-CLOAK YOU. You should not be insta-killed because the game decided you needed to decloak in order to read a message. Sorry, but I can read messages JUST FINE while cloaked, thank-you-very-much. (Can't tell you how many times I've gone to click on the big 'read e-mail' button on my command chair and accidentally clicked on the big red button with BOLD letters that says 'don't click this or you'll decloak and blow up your ship'. [/sarcasm])

How many times have you seen a klingon BoP's cloaking device in a TNG episode or a Star Trek movie fail just because somebody hailed them? Or rather sent a message out on all channels, HOPING there was a BoP out of there that could hear them?? That's right, NEVER. (Except on the rare occasion where the BoP comes out of nowhere and decloaks TO ATTACK. But that's an intentional thing, not a haphazard 'oops, the comm system broke our cloaking device' moment.)

If simply hailing someone auto-decloaked their ship, the Klingons/Romulans would be defenseless. This seriously DOES need to get fixed, regardless of the 'intent' that all interactions in the game should annoy the playerbase as much as humanly possible (err, I mean the intent that all 'interactions' should remove stealth).

Sorry but a fed captain yelling at cloaked Jem Hadar doesn't magically decloak them. Neither does a fed captain sending out a message on all channels magically decloak all nearby ships... Just doesn't happen. Would be silly if it did. Hence why it's considered so silly in-game.

So, yes, indeed, this BUG needs to get FIXED.

"It's not a bug, it's an 'undocumented feature'..."

Yeah, yeah, just FIX it. The playerbase politely asks for it...

It's happened on other missions too. That one was just a giant WTF moment. Seem to recall I warped out of the map shortly thereafter and then blew up again, adding insult to ship injury. ;) Though that could have been on a different mission?
  • daelusprimedaelusprime Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Include player's crew plotlines backgrounds, relationships, to add character to them.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The game desperately needs new missions for both the Feds and the Klinks and you guys want playable Romulans more? Sheesh.
    <3
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Umm, okay! *Night of the comet* My biggest pet peeve to date happened on this one.

So, we defeated the comet, and I cloaked my ship and started flying across the map past the fleet of enemies who were absolutely none the wiser. Well, some numb nuts decided to pop up a dialogue box right while I was in the middle of the enemy fleet immediately decloaking me. Which I didn't notice as I was attempting to READ the dialogue box (like a faithful little federation captain), UNTIL I magically started taking fire from every possible direction and blew up a few seconds later.

I'm sorry, but message pop-ups SHOULD NOT DE-CLOAK YOU. You should not be insta-killed because the game decided you needed to decloak in order to read a message. Sorry, but I can read messages JUST FINE while cloaked, thank-you-very-much. (Can't tell you how many times I've gone to click on the big 'read e-mail' button on my command chair and accidentally clicked on the big red button with BOLD letters that says 'don't click this or you'll decloak and blow up your ship'. [/sarcasm])

How many times have you seen a klingon BoP's cloaking device in a TNG episode or a Star Trek movie fail just because somebody hailed them? Or rather sent a message out on all channels, HOPING there was a BoP out of there that could hear them?? That's right, NEVER. (Except on the rare occasion where the BoP comes out of nowhere and decloaks TO ATTACK. But that's an intentional thing, not a haphazard 'oops, the comm system broke our cloaking device' moment.)

If simply hailing someone auto-decloaked their ship, the Klingons/Romulans would be defenseless. This seriously DOES need to get fixed, regardless of the 'intent' that all interactions in the game should annoy the playerbase as much as humanly possible (err, I mean the intent that all 'interactions' should remove stealth).

Sorry but a fed captain yelling at cloaked Jem Hadar doesn't magically decloak them. Neither does a fed captain sending out a message on all channels magically decloak all nearby ships... Just doesn't happen. Would be silly if it did. Hence why it's considered so silly in-game.

So, yes, indeed, this BUG needs to get FIXED.

"It's not a bug, it's an 'undocumented feature'..."

Yeah, yeah, just FIX it. The playerbase politely asks for it...

It's happened on other missions too. That one was just a giant WTF moment. Seem to recall I warped out of the map shortly thereafter and then blew up again, adding insult to ship injury. ;) Though that could have been on a different mission?
    Actually.... it IS documented... At least in the description of mask energy signature.

Seriously though.... In the show, people made a careful effort to not ever send out any communications or extraneous energy signatures while cloaked. BUT, doing so did not cause the cloak to drop. It gave enemies a way to triangulate your location and fire on you even though you were cloaked.
    twg042370 wrote: »
    The game desperately needs new missions for both the Feds and the Klinks and you guys want playable Romulans more? Sheesh.
    "desperately?" IMO, NO. It doesn't. it could use more, but "need"? no.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    where is this "away team of ships"??????? Admiral rank? 1 escort from my garage? Fleet Admiral 2 escorts form my garage??? hints???
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »

yes for that is still the only reason im here is to play a romulan... romulans are to me what it is to a Fed fanboy/girl or a KDF is to there fanbase and i dont care to ever have a max KDF i have 3 max VA's of all class in the game i dont get off trying to have every race of every class for its still is more ways then one same game play but i do agree feds do and kdf need more mission but im ready to play a true romulan not a shortcut
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    andyp85pne wrote: »

Indeed you can! Not everything of course, but here's a short list of things you can find on the exchange:
    DS9 Costume Pack
    Ferengi costume pieces
    C-Store environment suit costumes (saving up for a KDF myself)
    Mirror Universe ships
    All lockbox and Lobi ships & shuttles (all KDF players need a Widow in my opinion :D)
    Also Fleet ships and refits count, because you can choose to use nothing but EC and Fleet marks to gain 200k Fleet credits for a refit, or 20k and buy your ship modules on the exchange.

If you're asking for stable vendor prices for these items, I'm certain the answer is NO. :cool: The only way EC works for these special items is with a free market determining prices. It creates a market of people who will grind dil or purchase Zen to get things they can sell for EC.
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • trueprom3theustrueprom3theus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Playable romulans could only happen in near future if this faction is introduced as a pvp faction that can advance in rank only through pvp. Because otherwise will require just an insane amount of time to do it. After almost 3 years from release Klingon faction doesn't have yet a full storyline. Many people that only pve may not realize it or don't know/remember how Klingon faction used to be when this game was released.

On the other hand, people that don't like to pvp may change their mind once cryptic introduces a new game model for pvp, more towards territory control with some strategy involved, ranking system (so inexperienced players wint fight with veterans) other than number of kills. This would attract more people not only to pvp, but to the game itself. Just killing npcs gets boring over time... Even if you do it as klingon, fed or romulan. And it's also really easy, how many stfs and fleet action can you do till you have enough, lol?

So cryptic, leave romulans for now (and for that reason anything related to exploration, crafting, doffs, etc) and go into pvp more, there is so much potential for it and it can be done so everybody will like it. Don't forget to add a walkthrough for pvp, lots of the hate for pvp comes from the fact the game is too easy, you do most pve missions just rolling your head on the keyboard, and people new to pvp don't know how to ballance shields, add some resists, etc. a better pvp experience for everybody can only help, even the most hard core pveer, it gives a different perspective, helps the reaction and perception and will improve also pve experience.
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
    The blood of battle washes clean.
    The Warrior brave and true.
    We fight, we love, and then we kill...
  • anuk11anuk11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think some new episodes could be fine, and in my opinion, introducing the iconians or the son'na might be a really good point.
    Sorry for the mistakes, I'm from spain
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    IMO, NO. It doesn't. it could use more, but "need"? no.

You can burn through both sets of content with a couple of weeks of steady playing. Then your options are grinding for Borg gear or grinding for fleet marks. And having a new skin to slap on your avatar isn't going to improve that.

So yes: Desperately needed.

That having been said, I don't want a new FE. I want a new set of missions that can wrap up the stalled out story line the game has had since pretty much the start. Then they can do some nice FEs if they want.
    <3
  • slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Needs a button to vote on better customer service and GM's that know the game they are supporting and when there is a issue apologize for the problem and offer the paying customer something for there trouble since they didnt get what they paid. Also will state due to such issues i will no longer be a gold as I see no point in paying for stuff that i dont get. I paid almost 100 dollars worth of zen in the last 3 days. to buy stuff and 2 of the things i bought, 1 malfunctioned and doesnt work properly and the other doesnt have the costumes it is supposed to have. The GM's when filing the ticket responded and said oh well sorry but nothing we can do about it. Thanks for being screwed by us." Sorry for bad language but i am a very unhappy customer and to be told sorry we wont do anything for you or about it is absolutely unacceptable".:mad:
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • kaisarsozaykaisarsozay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hope they realize, when people say "Romulans as a playable race", they are reffering to Romulans as an entirely different faction, not just a Romulan BO or a Romulan Capt. Romulans with Romulan ships and crews, a Romulan Cap planet, the works.
  • nikki191nikki191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well I played for the feature episodes. I might be in the minority but I found grinding gear just for the sake of grinding gear exceedingly boring and it wasn't star trek. I loved the story missions especially the cardassian ones, but yeah i havent touched the game much since completing them
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd like to see the Sona added to the KDF.

As for the Romulans, someone mention Garidians from "A Final Unity", they are an offshoot of the Romulans that share Romulan technology such as ships which are red rather than green. If a Romulan faction were to ever be created, I'd love to see these guys added to the Romulan faction. Them, the Remans and Hirogen are who I'd look forward to playing.

But to me the most important thing in this game is new missions and story, something in very high demand for both factions and something Cryptic doesn't seem to be doing anything about. Most players I think were attracted to this game for the story not the fancy ships, OP items or anything. It's the story and without a regular influx of story each month people are bored. Most of my friends aren't even playing the game at this point, I only log in to do some dailies and that's it.

This is a serious problem Cryptic and something you really need to fix. Dedicate a few members in your team to do fortnightly missions for both factions, continue the Romulan arc, Fek'lhri arc, a new Klingon house arc etc. Release 1 federation and 1 Klingon mission a fortnight. If a foundry creator can do a mission in a few days in their spare time surely a dev could do one in 2 weeks.
    slick97477 wrote: »
    Needs a button to vote on better customer service and GM's that know the game they are supporting and when there is a issue apologize for the problem and offer the paying customer something for there trouble since they didnt get what they paid. Also will state due to such issues i will no longer be a gold as I see no point in paying for stuff that i dont get. I paid almost 100 dollars worth of zen in the last 3 days. to buy stuff and 2 of the things i bought, 1 malfunctioned and doesnt work properly and the other doesnt have the costumes it is supposed to have. The GM's when filing the ticket responded and said oh well sorry but nothing we can do about it. Thanks for being screwed by us." Sorry for bad language but i am a very unhappy customer and to be told sorry we wont do anything for you or about it is absolutely unacceptable".:mad:

I agree that is bull, I have a friend who lost a heap of keys and they never got anything back for them. Basically we're being stolen from and Cryptic/PWE really needs to do something about this. It's very unacceptable, especially for a business where you pay money for goods and services which are rarely delivered.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bloctoad wrote: »
    More cherry-picked questions for the Cryptic prefab answerbot. I love how he continually provides the most absurd of excuses for not fixing the cloaking device.

The main issue here is not communication coming from outside the ship, say from Qo'noS, decloaking the ship repeatedly that irritates people the most even though this itself should not force a vessel to decloak. It's the intraship communication between the Captain and the Bridge Officers decloaking the ship, which it definitely should not, that really bothers people.

Incoming extraship communication should not decloak the ship, merely make it increasingly possible to locate the ship should there be anyone who might notice or be looking. Intraship communication, no matter the reason, should never decloak a vessel. This isn't The Hunt for Red October where Seaman Jones can be heard piping Paganini. Sound cannot travel in a vacuum.

Agreed! I still haven't heard an explanation of the logic behind this. The closest thing I've seen to an explanation was something about not wanting the cloak to allow you to bypass game content... huh? How would you bypass game content while cloaked that you can't "bypass" by flying a circuitous route around whatever it is?

If it's necessary game content you'll simply find yourself at the next step unable to proceed until you go back and complete whatever it was (I ran into this in the first episode of the Klingon Gre'Thor story line. If you bypass the destroyed Klingon fleet and proceed on to the portals you can fly right up to enemy ships... they won't see you and you can't fire on them until you go back and "discover" the shattered fleet remnants heheheh). In other missions some of the combat is clearly labeled as "optional". Which means you can chart the straight course to the objective or you can fly the lazy, long course around the enemy ships and avoid combat. But the cloak gives only a slight advantage in that regard (and unless I'm mistaken there is always a slight chance that you will give yourself away, anyway).

Engaging BO skills should decloak you as most of these involve offensive or defensive buffs or debuffs that would be likely to give you away (yet a number of BO skills can be engaged without decloaking... go figger). Intership communications or even ship to ship communications should NOT decloak a cloaked vessel because of the nature of subspace communications.
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    ... I'd rather see the KDF developed first because if you don't you guys will hand a us a moldly, half baked cookie called the Romulan faction.

Agreed. If they left the KDF incomplete there is no reason to think they'd do any better with the Romulans.
This discussion has been closed.