logang19 wrote: »
    made my night that is funny

Glad you enjoyed :)
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Glad you enjoyed :)

i did now if they would just stay on time and bring the server back up
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    scyriscyri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I agree with people's complains about the unscheduled "scheduled maintenance." I was in the middle of play when I was kicked and could not reload the game. I understand that routine maintenance is necessary, but why is there no warning? There should at least be a flag placed on the login screen several hours if not days in advance warning of down time. :(
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guys, seriously you need to stop throwing a nerd-tantrum over the game being down for maintenance. Okay fine, they screwed up by not giving proper warning - BAD CRYPTIC! NO BISCUIT! Okay, now moving on....

This is an MMORPG - like WoW and many others.... for those of you who don't know the work it takes to keep games like this consistently RUNNING for all you nerds who play all day and night with no life let me tell you Cryptic ain't sitting on their arses laughing at you while you complain. They are busy keeping their stuff going for you guys! I know - I'm a computer programmer myself :D.

Let's look at some of the wonderful things that has happened since PWE bought Cryptic (one year)...

1. F2P launched which exponentially increased their user base (called overhead).
    2. A modest amount of content added...
    3. Fleet starbases and a hell of a lot of new stuff included.
    4. Foundry updates.
    5. Other stuff - like doubling their design staff, etc...

So..... how about you give them some slack eh? It is clearly obvious that PWE is throwing a lot of resources into STO (as opposed to the tards at Atari....) so why don't you be patient, go outside, get a girlfriend, and WAIT for the fun?

It isn't that the server went down or that it is in need of repair or even that it will be down for 2 hours that has everyone upset what has everyone upset is that they Cryptic/PWE failed to properly inform their customers that were in the game that it was going to happen. Its not throwing a tantrum when customers are pissed off at a companys poor customer service skills. BTW I think this person must work for PWE!
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sonoframon wrote: »
    Umm yeah, Considering for example, the tribble fleet project. Where do they find these focus groups at??? Who tells the devs:
    BIG WIG AT PWE: "Hey, our *core demographic* (certainly not us) wants to have their fleet starbases spruced up, any ideas?"
    Dev: We could add a Fleet Sovereign to starbases. That would bring in much needed revenue.
    Dev2: We could always go back and get some of these long-standing bugs fixed
    Dev3: PvP, revamp PvP!!!

BIG WIG (after interrupting the Devs): I know what! We can have Targs walking inside KDF bases, and for Fed bases, we can do... TRIBBLES!!! More than even Cyrano Jones has ever seen!

*devs shake their heads in disgust as they now have to implement this idea or get fired*

BIG WIG: And I want this out in 3 days. Starting yesterday.

Truth be told, tribble project is their lamest idea so far. Seriously, Cryptic, when thinking what useful projects to do for a starbase, this is the best you could come up with?! No dance club, (functioning) holodeck, better lighting, and, oh, chairs (!) for that matter; really?!

Interior design project wasn't even worth 200,000 dilithium. But this tribble thing is beyond lame.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    scyri wrote: »
    I agree with people's complains about the unscheduled "scheduled maintenance." I was in the middle of play when I was kicked and could not reload the game. I understand that routine maintenance is necessary, but why is there no warning? There should at least be a flag placed on the login screen several hours if not days in advance warning of down time. :(

Unfortunately, like I've said before, this was sudden, so more likely than not this is to fix an issue so high on Cryptic's to do list, they had no choice but to issue an "emergency patch" which they should have labeled as such. That being said...

How Many Cryptic Devs does it take to TRIBBLE in a lightbulb?
    One to TRIBBLE the light bulb, 20 others to fix the lightbulb not working after it's screwed in, and a company called Play to Win Entertainment to call the shots from a windowless concrete bunker buried beneath the earth.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    wargibbonwargibbon Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    First post on this lovely forum and it's a complaint.

Some warning of the impending patch in game would have been nice. Just a minor point.
    Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
    Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
    The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    if you say 2 hours stick to your two hours or say otherwise.dont wait till an hour after your two and say oh by the way we had to extend it. come on pwe get in the game ( no punn intended)
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    sigil93sigil93 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Clearly Emergency Maintenance - the sort where warnings may compromise your security?

One can only assume based on the abrupt and rather disturbing end to my STF.
  • Options
    nickarcher404nickarcher404 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Us long term STO Lifers or subs have paid AT LEAST $300 to this game, + the game itself for $60. That's only $360. Now, with that, we could have bought a better, higher end Star Wars game that requires no added payments for the cool stuff, or even a brand new gaming console instead of sticking with a silly computer game. Well guess what Cryptic/PWE? WE HAVE DEVOTED OUR WALLETS TO YOU ALL FOR A QUALITY GAME WORTH AT LEAST THE 100,000 PLAYERS X $360 = $36 MILLION!!! That, my friends and fellow trekkies, goes pretty far towards something, be it crappy tech service, or balony lockboxes. I just think,'Hmm, if we put $36 mil into something, shouldn't we get a smooth, flowing game, not added pointily pixled starship? I don't know if there is a hostage situation going on between PWE and Cryptic, but for PWE to buy all of Cryptic for $21 mil, then it should be treated as that, which is a game SUPPOSEDLY worth $57 MILLION!!!!!!:mad:

57 MILLION DOLLARS HAS BEEN FED INTO THIS GAME AT LEAST AS AN EFFORT OF HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH. AND IN THE C-Store, IT MUST BE FAR MORE!!! GIVE US THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE FOR THAT MONEY WE PUT IN!!! :mad:

(PLEASE?) :(
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i didn't get to see our Targs yet, i was about to and it went poof, i hope they are better then Tribbles, but i have not seen the tribbles ether :S lol ...

TARGGGS!!!!!! lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    malan29 wrote: »
    I only have 1 question... What's a "girl"
    betayuya wrote: »
    i believe these are planted in a field by the Hirogens to lure passing ships to the planet's surface so that they can spring their traps on them, but this is only a wild guess, there is very little info on this subject and our ship records are slightly out of date at the moment
    lol

From my experiences, these "girls" you speak of usually have red hair and deplete all of your resources, including your life source. This results into a downward spiral of alcohol and MMO gaming. At least that's what I've gained from the experimentaion of said creatures.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    miguelistermiguelister Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    arkyboy wrote: »
    It isn't that the server went down or that it is in need of repair or even that it will be down for 2 hours that has everyone upset what has everyone upset is that they Cryptic/PWE failed to properly inform their customers that were in the game that it was going to happen. Its not throwing a tantrum when customers are pissed off at a companys poor customer service skills. BTW I think this person must work for PWE!

It is throwing a tantrum if you don't even give them a chance to explain it. Like others have said it could have very well been unplanned - guess what those magical things called computers can BREAK ya know!

And sadly no, I couldn't work at PWE. I couldn't even halfway deal with the public on a day to day basis. My therapist says it is bad for their health :D.
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Us long term STO Lifers or subs have paid AT LEAST $300 to this game, + the game itself for $60. That's only $360. Now, with that, we could have bought a better, higher end Star Wars game that requires no added payments for the cool stuff, or even a brand new gaming console instead of sticking with a silly computer game. Well guess what Cryptic/PWE? WE HAVE DEVOTED OUR WALLETS TO YOU ALL FOR A QUALITY GAME WORTH AT LEAST THE 100,000 PLAYERS X $360 = $36 MILLION!!! That, my friends and fellow trekkies, goes pretty far towards something, be it crappy tech service, or balony lockboxes. I just think,'Hmm, if we put $36 mil into something, shouldn't we get a smooth, flowing game, not added pointily pixled starship? I don't know if there is a hostage situation going on between PWE and Cryptic, but for PWE to buy all of Cryptic for $21 mil, then it should be treated as that, which is a game SUPPOSEDLY worth $57 MILLION!!!!!!:mad:

57 MILLION DOLLARS HAS BEEN FED INTO THIS GAME AT LEAST AS AN EFFORT OF HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH. AND IN THE C-Store, IT MUST BE FAR MORE!!! GIVE US THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE FOR THAT MONEY WE PUT IN!!! :mad:

(PLEASE?) :(

Hope they all know it that "Star Trek" name that makes all that possible..
  • Options
    llyodstylesllyodstyles Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Whats all the fuss about? Its only for 2 hours....Thats hardly a llife affecting time to miss out...
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill

1st Lt, M.A.C.O. Foxtrot Squadron

• Options
    edited August 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    Would have been nice if there had been any in-game warning about the servers coming down.

Or an outgame warning, for that matter. What happened to red banner saying server is in maintenance?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    admiralthemadmiralthem Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    "If I told you once I've told you a thousand times...DON'T PROVOKE THE PLAYERS!!" (Ahh, the Swiss Army Knife Of "Q" Quotes.)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Whats all the fuss about? Its only for 2 hours....Thats hardly a llife affecting time to miss out...

well it is when you have jobs that only allow you to be able to play for a certain time. it also helps when they stay within there time which i have found rarely happens
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It is throwing a tantrum if you don't even give them a chance to explain it. Like others have said it could have very well been unplanned - guess what those magical things called computers can BREAK ya know!

Have you seen the TITLE of this thread? You know, where it says Scheduled Maintenance...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    wow it got quite :0
  • Options
    miguelistermiguelister Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Have you seen the TITLE of this thread? You know, where it says Scheduled Maintenance...

Well then MAYBE one of the bugs fixed was the warning message not being posted :D
  • Options
    felisdraconiusfelisdraconius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »

You do know that Cryptic does, in fact, have a history of calling game/server crashes "scheduled maintenance" among other things.
  • Options
    darkrojidarkroji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The funny thing is that these players think they're entitled to an Ingame warning message saying the servers are going down when in fact they're not. Many MMOs do not give in game warnings, SWTOR and last I played it, WoW, just to name a couple.

Also...to the guy raging about Life times etc. and saying that SWTOR was a better MMO...please be less dumb. SWTOR was and is absolutely terrible and it's already dead and F2P for it won't help. In fact the only good part was the voice acted story but that only gives basically one playthrough per class and there isn't any good endgame content in that game. STO on the other hand has some pretty decent endgame stuff and is pretty good overall.
  • Options
    nevertoooldnevertooold Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wow it got quite :0

or quiet?:)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    or quiet?:)

lol yeah that to :)
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You do know that Cryptic does, in fact, have a history of calling game/server crashes "scheduled maintenance" among other things.

no, this was Peter Griffen's fault, as the evidence clearly states
    "POW!! Right in the kisser!"
    (sorry lol)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    lol yeah that to :)

Quite quiet, actually. :)

EDIT: And 'too', while we're at it. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Quite quiet, actually. :)

lol yeah it was for a couple min i was suprised thought everyones computer must have crashed or something. :)
  • Options
    llyodstylesllyodstyles Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    well it is when you have jobs that only allow you to be able to play for a certain time. it also helps when they stay within there time which i have found rarely happens

True, they need to work on there timing but missing 2 hours is not a great deal and I think some people are over reacting a bit
    We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill

1st Lt, M.A.C.O. Foxtrot Squadron

This discussion has been closed.