• Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    28 minutes left, *pets a tribble* lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    True, they need to work on there timing but missing 2 hours is not a great deal and I think some people are over reacting a bit

well i agree people do overreact alot. it is just frustrating when i get my few hours to play come home sit down fire up the computer only to find the server is down. i know it happens this is life
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    scyriscyri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not to change the subject, but I am fairly new to STO and this is only my second forum posting. I noticed that my tag name label says Ensign" in white letter. Some people's labels are other ranks in Blue letters. I am currently a Lt. Com. in the game. How can I change my name label here? Tried "edit profile" and didn't see any way to. Plz help. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    svetivanovasvetivanova Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lack of warning is PWE's trademark, didn't you know that? And to answer your question Scyri, post more and that rank will increase. As for the blue "Career Officers" those are people with Lifetime Subscriptions.
  • Options
    fcdeltafcdelta Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    scyri wrote: »
    Not to change the subject, but I am fairly new to STO and this is only my second forum posting. I noticed that my tag name label says Ensign" in white letter. Some people's labels are other ranks in Blue letters. I am currently a Lt. Com. in the game. How can I change my name label here? Tried "edit profile" and didn't see any way to. Plz help. Thanks in advance.

That's based on post count.
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Your rank here doesn't correspond to in-game rank because rank here is solely based on number of posts made, nothing else. Hope that answers your question :)
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited August 2012

it depends on how long you have been on the forums
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm glad 5 people answered that question. :P
  • Options
    nickarcher404nickarcher404 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    darkroji wrote: »
    The funny thing is that these players think they're entitled to an Ingame warning message saying the servers are going down when in fact they're not. Many MMOs do not give in game warnings, SWTOR and last I played it, WoW, just to name a couple.

Also...to the guy raging about Life times etc. and saying that SWTOR was a better MMO...please be less dumb. SWTOR was and is absolutely terrible and it's already dead and F2P for it won't help. In fact the only good part was the voice acted story but that only gives basically one playthrough per class and there isn't any good endgame content in that game. STO on the other hand has some pretty decent endgame stuff and is pretty good overall.

Sorry about the rage I guess. It is just incredibly hard as a teen with no friends my age who play this game, to see the possibility of this wonderful opportunity to get Star Trek living again, die with a 50+ Million dollar investment. I love the game, I love the plots, but the underlying issues of asthetics, expensive lock box keys, and even pay to win stuff. But, as I said, I'm just a teen who put a huge investment in my opinion into a promising and fun game. Surely, it could get improved with general gameplay, instead of new, unfinished stuff. I could be wrong, but whatever, and that's the great part of STO!; they gave us a great forum to vent our worries and issues on. If they listen to it, that's another matter:)
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    2 hours for such a small patch ? , already finished downloading here
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    neal33neal33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hi all does anyone no when they are going to be bringing the server back online:D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks all for your answers.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    2 hours for such a small patch ? , already finished downloading here

I guess they're running around with a flash drive, updating one server at a time.
  • Options
    piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Any chance you all are looking into the zoning bug? When I go to swap an instance it swaps me then gives the instance list. Also on multiple occasions I could not see the instance my team was in.

Then there is that mess where after you take down the Project Leader on Nukera a few moments later the game pitches a fit and boots you to the respawn point without credit for the win.

Frustrating experience to be teamed with your fleet mates but unable to get into the same zone till after tons of tinkering only to have the game throw a temper tantrum and boot you for winning. Not one FM for the time or effort. :(

Extra frustrating as I would rather PvP for my fleet contributions.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    fcdelta wrote: »
    I guess they're running around with a flash drive, updating one server at a time.

Some people say Cryptic still uses 3.5" floppies to update the servers...

"Please Insert Disk 238."
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    xnimrod1971xxnimrod1971x Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    - Resolved an issue that occasionally causes the game client to crash.

If that is going to happen, then it's worth for me waiting 2 hours.
  • Options
    freyaliafreyalia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I d?n`t understand why everyone get`s so angry about the server going down for 2 hours to repair some stuff. I`m just happy they try to solve the crashing so soon. In some games you yust have to wait till next maintenance to get it out of the game. If you look at what they change in the downtime it looks to me like they make an emergency patch to help us having a less bugged game faster. I would say we should stop complaining and be greatfull we don`t have to live whith those enoying crashes till next thursday.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sonoframon wrote: »
    Some people say Cryptic still uses 3.5" floppies to update the servers...

"Please Insert Disk 238."

This is the best post I've seen all night.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wheeee! it is on! yay! ok i will visit targs on Kookie, good luck all! :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    supremecmdrsupremecmdr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My account went down before maintenance, it said I had tried to access something?
    Which I have no Idea how that happened, is my account held permanently?
    Thanks for your t:confused:ime!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I do wish they would be better at letting us know about downtime, but overall I am loving STO and will willingly put up with some downtime for the chance to play. Great game!;)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    freyalia wrote: »
    I d?n`t understand why everyone get`s so angry about the server going down for 2 hours to repair some stuff. I`m just happy they try to solve the crashing so soon. In some games you yust have to wait till next maintenance to get it out of the game. If you look at what they change in the downtime it looks to me like they make an emergency patch to help us having a less bugged game faster. I would say we should stop complaining and be greatfull we don`t have to live whith those enoying crashes till next thursday.

You do realize, of course, that the crashes were due to yesterday's sloppy patching, right? So I feel no immediate need to be 'greatfull' (that is 'grateful', btw). Instead I'd rather wish they test their stuff a bit better first, before deploying it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maintenance is complete. :)
This discussion has been closed.