What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 10, 2012)

Comments

• eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    polie05 wrote: »
    The thorlain reward boxes you smartass.
    Huh? what u mean? and do I know u? And why u calling me like that its not nice...
  • allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Things aren't slipping through the cracks, these guys are just pushing them through the cracks hoping no of the bugs are game breaking lol
  • nacrananacrana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, when I see Tribble updates I typically log on and check it out and even report bugs (which rarely get fixed before going live). Sad thing is, the 2nd issue was on Tribble for less than 24 hours (all kinds of time to test that one :P)

I hate it. Come on whats wrong with you guys? No annoncement ingame. Great...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    malan29 wrote: »
    check the patch notes, it was some vague sounding BS they made up to basically say "we screwed up the first patch, fixing it with another"
    allmytee wrote: »
    sonoframon wrote: »
    First 40 some odd posts: Umm some of you cry over broken things in game, but now that there's been what looks to be like something so important that game gets shut off on short notice, and you still complain? Might be the only dude in here on a positive note but, as long as they fix something substantial enough to warrant an unwarranted shut down, then just shut up and let them.

The problem is, They break things when they patch. Test server anyone? This makes a month straight they can't patch properly, when they have not one but two test servers. Save the money on the extra servers and pay people to make proper patches i say

To which I say: This isn't a simple HTML page they have to fix code on... It's bound to happen. Only difference between Cryptic, and let's say Microsoft... is that Microsoft can afford to have a huge staff dedicated to these problems... What does Cryptic have?

Now onto some humor... (since you are all so butthurt over not having to play for a couple of hours it's bordering on withdrawal symptoms lol)

Is it wrong thinking realistically at these times? 320AM EDT on a Friday, west coast USA bars are still open. For all we know, most of Team Cryptic are out singing Irish drinking songs in a bar while a skeleton crew takes care of the important stuff. Think of all the s**t we throw at them for every little thing we see wrong with this game. You don't think at this point they are at the tipping point as is? I'm almost expecting a Cryptic dev to raid my house and shoot me because of all the tickets I've sent them about my client randomly crashing for no apparent reason... Or worse. Well, they do have my credit card info, they could always wipe me clean lol...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • trevorgunsontrevorgunson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    and your a smartass troll, stfu.

*gets popcorn* guess i found something to keep me busy for the next hour
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What the heck is going on with this game?
    Crashed i presume????
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No consideration. I was in a Elite STF.... when this "scheduled maintenance" occurred. By the way... "scheduled" implies planned.... planned implies... some sort of knowledge before it happens. An hour .... does not qualify as "scheduled" more like "damn I'm waiting an entire hour, cower at how patient I am before I release this patch"
  • afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I rebooted my cable modem and router thinking it was on my side,since there was no in-game warning and no warning in the launcher either :(:(

I never read the forums ever until **** like this happens, so a in forum warning doesn't cut it

Yeah I feel your pain (just open up google or something next time to check) and a minute or two to wait for the launcher offline light to turn red (laucher or website will need to be restarted/refreshed).
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    chaz200565 wrote: »
    What the heck is going on with this game?
    Crashed i presume????

Scheduled maintenance, the post was only posted about 50 minutes before it was due to go down. Only due to take 2 hours though, so it's not the end of the world
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nope. I'll let a moderator deal with polie05.
  • fcdeltafcdelta Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012

This. Exactly this.
  • arch220arch220 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I have to throw in with everyone else on this one. I spent 20 mins trying to get back on because I thought the problem was on my end before deciding to check the forums.
  • anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited August 2012
    What a bunch of whiners you guys are (most posters above this)... stop beating a dead horse.

*goes play something else while waiting* - there's lots of things out there to vent your "suffering" ;)
  • softtop97softtop97 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ah cool glad you were right on that crashing business :)

Good time to watch those tv shows I missed while playing with the mines with my b'rel :D

Ture that -- 2:30 am Just got in from closing Bar. And a long patch time... i thought after 10- mins and a beer late it was time to kick but. But Naa... time to watch tv or goto bed :( -- Woot woot -- Beer doesn't go to waste -- Burn Notice was on tonight :D
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    and your a smartass troll, stfu.

Pretty sure you're the one trolling bud.
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love Star Trek, I love Star Trek Online. It's our baby and you don't DROP a baby like this Cryptic/PWE... how DARE you drop our baby! You bad parents! Need counseling now! BOTH you and US :(

Anyone know of any online anti-gambling addiction center? Lockboxes got y'all down? Impatient ye can't wait to spend more when the game comes back on? Will Cryptic/PWE delete posts relating to anti-gambling?
  • allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I understand that mistakes happen, but i believe they just don't give a TRIBBLE. I still see bugs that have been here since launch, but since they aren't completely game breaking they just don't care. They throw a patch together, throw it on tribble, get bug reports and say, "well we'll fix that one in season 14." until it goes live and breaks something, then they fix it.
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    anikaiful wrote: »
    What a bunch of whiners you guys are (most posters above this)... stop beating a dead horse.
    1. It's not whining to complain about bad customer service and non-existent warnings. If enough people express their ire they might just wake up and not repeat the mistake.

2. We'll keep beating on the horse until it screams. It isn't dead. Not yet.
    edited August 2012
    sonoframon wrote: »
    allmytee wrote: »

To which I say: This isn't a simple HTML page they have to fix code on... It's bound to happen. Only difference between Cryptic, and let's say Microsoft... is that Microsoft can afford to have a huge staff dedicated to these problems... What does Cryptic have?

Now onto some humor... (since you are all so butthurt over not having to play for a couple of hours it's bordering on withdrawal symptoms lol)

Is it wrong thinking realistically at these times? 320AM EDT on a Friday, west coast USA bars are still open. For all we know, most of Team Cryptic are out singing Irish drinking songs in a bar while a skeleton crew takes care of the important stuff. Think of all the s**t we throw at them for every little thing we see wrong with this game. You don't think at this point they are at the tipping point as is? I'm almost expecting a Cryptic dev to raid my house and shoot me because of all the tickets I've sent them about my client randomly crashing for no apparent reason... Or worse. Well, they do have my credit card info, they could always wipe me clean lol...

But... I am butthurt over not being able to play for a couple hours, yes it's withdrawl... The first step IS admitting you have a problem afterall.
  • darledrickdarledrick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    patching items i could have waited for or been oblivious to until next thursday
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    about tholian purple boxes

i think it meant the the Hard: missions but i had this happen before with blues to :S THAT was not cool :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    "All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:29 PM." Ummm... it's later than that or there was a time paradox on the East Coast. It's 3:30am here (12:30 PDT). Does that mean the servers will be up at 1:30 PDT wrong time or 2:30 PDT real time? Or are you on Standard time out there on the West Coast? UGH. My head is spinning!

.... I think it is 3:30. My computer says it is and my phone says it is. Anyone got a watch?....
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
    edited August 2012
    betayuya wrote: »
    about tholian purple boxes

i think it meant the the Hard: missions but i had this happen before with blues to :S THAT was not cool :(

OHHH He meant the Elite Tholian boxes from the nukara ground missions? Here I was thinking lockboxes since nobody really cares about the nukara boxes anymore lol.
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, have fun all and hope meet'em all after exactly 2 hours later again ingame:)

cheers:)
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bought a reinforcement duty officer pack, got me doffs of it, and system message says I got 5 x Frag Ferasan Grapes ... or sumthing like that. Except that I did not receiev any of those, either in my inventory, bank, or character belt. Nada. Filed a ticket, guess what. No response.

Now I care little for those ferasan commodities, but imagine if this was a Tuffli pack, than I would be more than pissed.

Reset server or fix bugs away, make the game work as you intended. Right ? Okay ? thank you.
    Want my ferasan stuff, too, btw.

Angry Bob

PS. Ok, sorry but first thinng in the morning, before my coffee I come to check me officer, and bam, servers offline. It kinda upsets ya, you know. Makes ya hands tremble twice as much. Addicts have rights too !
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • melman84melman84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Haha, it's only down for 2hrs.

I wasn't doing anything important or time consuming myself so it didn't affect me as much as most.

Would 30 mins of warning made much of a difference?

Wouldn't have entered the STF you were in? i guess that is the only main concern.

Missions are otherwise saved at a certain point so you won't lose THAT much progress.
  • kingsporekingspore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like how no one really cares about the last line in the release notes, which states: Resolved an issue that occasionally causes the game client to crash.

I'm guessing the people that were having crashing issues are happy that they're updating this now instead of next Thursday.
  • arch220arch220 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Your right its 3:30 EST Batty.
    edited August 2012
    melman84 wrote: »
    Haha, it's only down for 2hrs.

I wasn't doing anything important or time consuming myself so it didn't affect me as much as most.

Would 30 mins of warning made much of a difference?

Wouldn't have entered the STF you were in? i guess that is the only main concern.

Missions are otherwise saved at a certain point so you won't lose THAT much progress.

Wait, who the hell needs 30 minutes for an stf?
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Luckily I wasn't doing anything important, just finished a mission and was taking a quick break before switching characters.
    cavadus wrote: »
    You have a test server, test the damn patches so we don't have zero-warning server shutdowns.

N00bs.

Oh don't you know, Cryptic themselves have even admitted it's a stability server not a test server. :rolleyes:
    The Test Server requires people to actually play on it and that only happens when they are promised free items like the new Season Test weekends otherwise it's a ghost town.

Rewards they don't get for weeks and weeks, rewards that are lame and really, isn't it the companies job, the people paid to make this game that should test out new content and make sure it's all running right and not the people paying to play it?
    :mad: Lack luster service is not acceptable to me anymore! Give us a warning when you're bringing down the servers or your customers will jump ship and leave. :mad:

Yeah we used to get hour notices, then it went to 30 min notices (which isn't even long enough to finish some STF's sometimes) and now no warning. It can't get much worse, oh wait I said that about the C-store prices after the Fleet Modules and then the EVA suits hit and now the overpriced account bank slots.

Yeah once SWTOR hits F2P certainly going to check it out, if it's fun I might pay a subscription and put my money into that game instead.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
This discussion has been closed.