test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 10, 2012)

Comments

• mewimewi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can we have some in-game warning next time...? This post was posted at 10PM and the server shut down at 11PM... that is like next to no notice or chance of knowing, and there was no server announcements, I wouldn't of went into an Elite STF if I knew this was going to happen 15 minutes after I entered -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    | Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
  • dunklestosisdunklestosis Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ahhh patch day.
  • fcdeltafcdelta Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lol, I'm just loving all these "What the hell, why no ingame message" posts.

The entire in game population is going to come pouring on the forums screaming for an explanation.
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    awolfe59 wrote: »
    Would have been nice if there had been any in-game warning about the servers coming down.

Yeah.

This caught me just about to queue for a fleet event.
    You're not the only one, dude. We ALL got booted. Seems this is another one of Cryptics famous "un-scheduled emergency server maintenance" right after a major patch.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yupe, just before a fight
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • cavaduscavadus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You have a test server, test the damn patches so we don't have zero-warning server shutdowns.

N00bs.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looks like a server crash :(
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • usernametaken1usernametaken1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    fcdelta wrote: »
    lol, I'm just loving all these "What the hell, why no ingame message" posts.

The entire in game population is going to come pouring on the forums screaming for an explanation.

"Now that you're here, feel free to check out the C-Store!"

Thanks for the launcher warning on today's "scheduled" maintenance.
  • marblescatmarblescat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    oh thanks, umm... if you're going to do this with only a 1 hour notice next time, could you have the foresight for an in-game warning next time please thank you?
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aye, she's down capten and she cana get up.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cavadus wrote: »
    You have a test server, test the damn patches so we don't have zero-warning server shutdowns.

N00bs.

That's that sense-making talk. Better be careful, don't want to blow their minds.
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Meh missed it. They do give in-game notice though at other times x.x didn't see any today. I mean not everyone reads the forums every day :-/.... a man can get lost in forums.... consumed by forums... :P
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, they decided to 'warn' everyone on the forums an hour before it went down. I didn't see any in-game messages. This is irritating. . .I don't mind downtime, but I prefer to have ample notification so I don't get yanked out of the game while in the middle of changing a ship's build.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • eabiggersusmceabiggersusmc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I never saw a warning for it. I know everyone who has won a Tholian ship, but not server maintenance. :mad:
  • allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I guess with PWE and Craptic at the helm, we should now just expect that patch day really means double patch day
  • chemicalmonkeychemicalmonkey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So lovely, got my TRIBBLE kicked 2 pvp's in a row 0 - 15 and the last one i join we are up 11 - 4 and then poof. dc'ed everyone.

Love this game.
  • celestiasevencelestiaseven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aw... I only wanted to buy some C-Points in the exchange just now =<
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cavadus wrote: »

N00bs.

The Test Server requires people to actually play on it and that only happens when they are promised free items like the new Season Test weekends otherwise it's a ghost town.
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    marblescat wrote: »
    oh thanks, umm... if you're going to do this with only a 2 hour notice next time, could you have the foresight for an in-game warning next time please thank you?

2 hour notice? I saw 50 minutes myself
  • siriusnorthsiriusnorth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thx for no ingame warning...if i hadnt checked forum i wouldnt knew whats going on here :rolleyes:
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    :mad: Lack luster service is not acceptable to me anymore! Give us a warning when you're bringing down the servers or your customers will jump ship and leave. :mad:
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    i was doing doff quests but i got 8 of 9 set, that wasn't nice there should of been message and there was not
    i wanted to play Kookie :.(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • trevorgunsontrevorgunson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Glad i wasn't doing anything important when we got cut off suddenly..... Does anyone even know what this patch is for??
  • aaron6970aaron6970 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yea I was wondering what happened. I thought I got disconnected. An in-game notice would have been nice. I wasted couple seconds trying to log back in lol.
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Poster above had it right in one word:

AMATEURS!!!
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for NO IN GAME WARNING at least you people keep your usual level of sucky customer service set at ZERO at all times way to FAIL again...KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS INFORMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS WHEN IT COMES TO COSTOMER SERVICE!!!
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Glad i wasn't doing anything important when we got cut off suddenly..... Does anyone even know what this patch is for??

check the patch notes, it was some vague sounding BS they made up to basically say "we screwed up the first patch, fixing it with another"
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What? No warning in game? I was defeating the boss of Infected Ground when the server shut down. Nobody will give me my lost dilithium and rewards, at least I would receive apologies.
    Angry greetings,
    Archimede.
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • gillermangillerman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Very poor on the Dev's for such short or "NO" notice. just logged in and there wasn't even a warning on the launcher. I hope you improve your service in future.
This discussion has been closed.