test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 10, 2012)

Comments

• switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Test Server requires people to actually play on it and that only happens when they are promised free items like the new Season Test weekends otherwise it's a ghost town.

Well, to be fair, when I see Tribble updates I typically log on and check it out and even report bugs (which rarely get fixed before going live). Sad thing is, the 2nd issue was on Tribble for less than 24 hours (all kinds of time to test that one :P)
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    polie05 wrote: »
    thanks you idiots. Maybe you can fix some of the bs like millions disappearing from accounts, purple Thorlain lock boxes actually giving loot ( several boxes of mine and other have NOT had anything), all sorts of stuff disappearing fro mail, or I dont know, maybe a fracking in game message. Get you GM's off there TRIBBLE and answer Tickets for once. Myself and several others have tickets weeks old w/o and answers. wtf man

Pull you heads out of your collect asses

There's no such thing as a purple tholian lock box. Or Thorlian for that matter.
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That was nice without any ingame warning shutdown server while in the middle of battle...
  • frontier001frontier001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wow no in-game warning, really now, if i had know then me and my friends would hurry it up on infected ground elite so we could at least get our dil and reward.
  • felisdraconiusfelisdraconius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No launcher or in game warnings:mad: Are you sure this isnt a not so cleverly disguised crash cover up? I mean no warnings in the obvious places, and OP only a couple hours ago...
  • allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sonoframon wrote: »
    First 40 some odd posts: Umm some of you cry over broken things in game, but now that there's been what looks to be like something so important that game gets shut off on short notice, and you still complain? Might be the only dude in here on a positive note but, as long as they fix something substantial enough to warrant an unwarranted shut down, then just shut up and let them.

The problem is, They break things when they patch. Test server anyone? This makes a month straight they can't patch properly, when they have not one but two test servers. Save the money on the extra servers and pay people to make proper patches i say
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    eviax wrote: »
    That was nice without any ingame warning shutdown server while in the middle of battle...

The thorlain reward boxes you smartass.
  • k668k668 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It is actually extremely rare for me to sign up for paid gaming accounts, although I did get Gold a couple of days ago. Now that I've had a few glimpses of your way to treat customers, I'm starting to wonder why I actually bothered.

That said, it is all the rarer for me to complain about stuff in a webforum. Then again, I guess it's all a matter of quality.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why no In-Game Warning? Or did I miss it?

Dunno about ingame, but it was only announced on the website 50 minutes before it was due to go down
  • suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hm, good thing I stopped playing just before the server went down. No in-game warning is quite poor form.
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What poor service. Just seems like things going down hill these days. :(
  • eabiggersusmceabiggersusmc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aw... I only wanted to buy some C-Points in the exchange just now =<

Doesn't matter lol the C-store is down.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i hate to say it but like almost no one ever hits the forum daily BEFORE logging on to play, why would they :S ... (unless they knew something WAS patched and wanted to see)
    bad call :(
    turn it on i want to play Kookie! lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Obviously w/the rest on this one. In-Game-Notice would have been nice.

A player can't check the forums and play at the same time. Posting a "scheduled" maintenance on the forums 1hr before it happens means that either we must be mind readers, or are part of the Dev team that actually knew about it in the first place.

Just man up and say, "We screwed up. We need to perform an emergency maintenance."
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It said friday at midnight, didn't specify midnight morning..or midnight going into saturday morning.Fine, Ill go dust off the 360, and play Arkham city:D
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cavadus wrote: »
    You have a test server, test the damn patches so we don't have zero-warning server shutdowns.

N00bs.
    How many people use the test server (with the exception of test weekends, where pretty much everyone logs on for the bare minimum amount of time to get their reward, then goes back to Holodeck), compared with how many use the live server?

No matter how long something is tested for, there will ALWAYS be things that slip through the cracks.
  • angryjonny55angryjonny55 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ahoy Captains!

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tonight, Friday, August 10th, at midnight PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for only 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Apparently they think we are in the forums 24/7. No in-game notice, nor anything on FB or Twitter. Way to drop the ball. Fail.
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Obviously w/the rest on this one. In-Game-Notice would have been nice.

A player can't check the forums and play at the same time. Posting a "scheduled" maintenance 1hr before it happens means that either we must be mind readers, or are part of the Dev team that actually knew about it in the first place.

Just man up and say, "We screwed up. We need to perform an emergency maintenance."

I fully agree.
  • awolfe59awolfe59 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    polie05 wrote: »
    The thorlain reward boxes you smartass.
    You should be careful who you insult. Firstly, you are violating the forum rules. Second, there's no such thing as a "thorlain reward box", as there are no "thorlains" in the game. It's Tholians.
  • djantidjanti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think someone zigged when they shoulda' zagged... or did someone spill coffee on the server again?
  • rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ARGH.....Login server crashed...TRIBBLE!!!! :mad::confused:

Bleh. I guess they broke something this morning and gotta emergency fix it now. :P
  • allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I frequent the test server for respecing as to not give my money to these degenerates. Just can't plan to play for 4 to 6 hours Thursday to Friday i suppose.
  • outooffocusoutooffocus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I rebooted my cable modem and router thinking it was on my side,since there was no in-game warning and no warning in the launcher either :(:(

I never read the forums ever until **** like this happens, so a in forum warning doesn't cut it
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was almost finished with a regulus sector block borg daily! FAILPANTS I SAY!!
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dma1986 wrote: »
    No matter how long something is tested for, there will ALWAYS be things that slip through the cracks.

Especially when they don't fix the bugs that ARE reported before sending them to Tribble
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • mantastic1mantastic1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since everyone else is basically just saying the same thing over and over again (and yes, it sucks), I just wanted to share that before I got booted out I saw a ship called the U.S.S. Gangrenous Womb.

Figured that would be a bad sign of something to come...
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • felisdraconiusfelisdraconius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dma1986 wrote: »
    How many people use the test server (with the exception of test weekends, where pretty much everyone logs on for the bare minimum amount of time to get their reward, then goes back to Holodeck), compared with how many use the live server?

you do make a valid point, but this is Cryptic we're talking about. Their usual idea of extended testing is an entire week...maybe.
  • brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In 11 minutes or 24 hours 11 minutes?

There is only one midnight per date, and it happens as soon as the date changes. :cool:

Anyway, yeah. I guess we know what the #1 question for next Ask Cryptic is...

On the bright side, hey dstahl got out of Zynga while the getting was good, eh? :D Guess it's all up to ChefVille now.
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
This discussion has been closed.