test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 6 Dev Blog #20

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the third Starbase Featured Project in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    animusredwinganimusredwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The 200 k dilithium tribble. Roflmao. Almost as funny as 700 zen suits. Almost.
    REDWING (fed), DOQ TEL SUVWI'S (kdf)
    FED TIER 5 KDF TIER 4 - MAX HOLDINGS
    All welcome, pm @animusrevertendi
    Join us on Teamspeak! Visit our Website!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    c4ptain0bviou5c4ptain0bviou5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why in the world would the Federation *want* Tribbles on its starbases? That is a blatant contradiction of canon. Also, what is the ETA on the foundry editor coming back up?
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    While I'm all for a throwback to Cyrano Jones, having tribbles on a Starbase is a recipe for disaster.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why in the world would the Federation *want* Tribbles on its starbases? That is a blatant contradiction of canon. Also, what is the ETA on the foundry editor coming back up?
    Because under rigidly controlled conditions, you can severely limit the Tribble's explosive breeding. And when not in huge numbers, they are a cute loveable pet, who coo a lot. Spock said it's cooing had a pleasant effect on the human systems... and we try to keep anything pleasant around.

As McCoy said, if they don't eat, they don't breed. We just don't feed them much more than then smallest amounts of grain, if that ;)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Plus they're great to plug small hullbreaches with.

Still, isn't it a bit early to start phoning in your work on starbases?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    bclark09bclark09 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Anybody have the cost of this project yet?
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    200,000dilithium for 6 tribbles.....wtf.

speaking of tribbles I want my fleet tribble .
  • Options
    bclark09bclark09 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wait...this is 200,000?

Yeah, I think my fleet will pass on this one. Cute, but no thanks.
  • Options
    sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rofl .. I have no idea why im laughing this is just so stupid.... waste of money... uhh dilithium
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited August 2012

To be fair there were Tribbles in a bar on Earth in Star Trek III: The Search For Spock";)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah... no...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    200,000dilithium for 6 tribbles.....wtf.

speaking of tribbles I want my fleet tribble .

Not sure about the project cost, but there are definitely more than 6 Tribbles ;) The image included is just one section of the starbase.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    Not sure about the project cost, but there are definitely more than 6 Tribbles ;) The image included is just one section of the starbase.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sooo...the tribbles ARE invading our starbase?
    *tries to remember where he put the flamethrower*
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While I'm all for a throwback to Cyrano Jones, having tribbles on a Starbase is a recipe for disaster.

You KNOW that Yumene will donate all the 200k dill herself if she has to :P
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And of course, once you've done the project, there's no way to ever get RID of them...
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    IT means we can sing songs of the great tribble hunts, it can be like a fleet event and stuff
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sooo...the tribbles ARE invading our starbase?
    *tries to remember where he put the flamethrower*

Too funny...

You know, I got the plants & consoles ... I got the opening the windows... and well I'll let the fleet decide if they want to run this...

but please tell me there is no sound effects all over the station of the tribbles cooing... I'll set the auto destruct myself! OR can we hire the Tribble hunters from the KDF to come kill and collect carcasses?

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    daalagtcdaalagtc Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like these projects, but 200K Dilithium.. that is alot...
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tribbles and Targs? Thanks. I mean it. Thanks for saving 200k of dilithium that won't be wasted on that.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    macricanmacrican Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Cryptic! you guys should totally make a Starbase daily assignment or DOff mission to corral the Tribbles /Targs on a starbase! that would be hillarious! for those that get the upgrade of course. tag them for beam out, but do it quickly before more show. make fleet marks gained depending on how quickly they do it :)
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looks like another project we will skip (unless it is cheaper). Not doing the current one either.
    macrican wrote: »
    Cryptic! you guys should totally make a Starbase daily assignment or DOff mission to corral the Tribbles /Targs on a starbase! that would be hillarious! for those that get the upgrade of course. tag them for beam out, but do it quickly before more show. make fleet marks gained depending on how quickly they do it :)

I actually like this idea.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    daalagtc wrote: »
    I like these projects, but 200K Dilithium.. that is alot...

My fleet is thinking we might well skip this one.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2012
    I dunno , i like it , anything that makes the starbase feel less bland and more a ' lived in' feel is okay in my books
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Does it give a bonus to repelling Klingon boarders? Or maybe an Officer-of-the-watch mission of Tribble Cleanup (with a plasma minigun)? I'm sure they use up a lot of Provisions.

But honestly, to all the people complaining, its for printing fleet credits so everyone can get some, and you get something amusing out of it as a bonus. Its not a serious project, and that much was obvious from the start. Does everything require complaining all the time? Sheesh.
  • Options
    generalbannon07generalbannon07 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If this costs 200k of dilithium an I bet it will, our fleet will definately pass on this one.
    We are still annoyed about the last project, which also was a 200k dilithium ripoff for a few plants and some posters.
    t643t0.jpg

Original join date: Jul 2008
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In addition to the tribble/targ round up as a daily, it should also come with a vendor that sells tribbles for Feds and pet targs for Klingons.

Otherwise, this just looks like another waste of dilithium.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's a joke right?

I don't get it, but it has to be a joke...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If it were just up to me, I would totally pass on this one, if it's going to be priced at 200,000 dilithium. Even so, at the moment even the fleetmates that are most devoted to the visuals of a starbase are considering if this is worth the money.

I mean, a bunch of Targs and an NPC with tribbles next to him. Both useless. As someone said, those tribbles should be made of latinum for such price.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Id pay for targs

But Well Tribbles are a PEST problem
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Best joke ever. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.