test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding and Gameserver timeouts..

djsimonroc88djsimonroc88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
Okay this is beginning to really get on my nerves now. Every single time I log on to STO it keeps on saying server not responding and I get booted out and it says connecting to the gameserver has has timed out.. Even if I play STF I still get booted out resulting in me getting a freaking STF Penalty.. I don't know whether or not this is some type of bug or if there is some kind of server malfunction whatever the problem is it needs to be fixed because this has been going on since last night and am not the only one who whose having this problem every other person who I talked to in STO has been experiencing this issue as well.. I would like to know if there is anyway to fix this issue... And its not my net thats causing this either..
27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.
Post edited by djsimonroc88 on

Comments

• plasticcenturionplasticcenturion Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm with you on this. Log in and maybe 30 seconds later I get server not responding. Not sure how to fix it, but just in the hope that someone with greater knowledge than I can use the information, I've included tracert and nettest results. Maybe if the original poster has this information we can start pooling the results and someone could help us.

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 40 ms 30 ms 15 ms 69.245.242.1
    3 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms te-7-8-ur03.mishawaka.in.sbend.comcast.net [68.8
    7.204.1]
    4 21 ms 18 ms 19 ms te-1-7-0-7-ar01.area4.il.chicago.comcast.net [68
    .87.235.9]
    5 19 ms 19 ms 21 ms pos-3-9-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
    [68.86.90.45]
    6 18 ms 17 ms 16 ms pos-1-8-0-0-pe01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
    [68.86.87.166]
    7 42 ms 17 ms 15 ms te0-3-0-1.ccr22.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .10.253]
    8 15 ms 16 ms 16 ms te0-3-0-0.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .5.25]
    9 41 ms 39 ms 40 ms te0-0-0-5.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .42.254]
    10 55 ms 41 ms 41 ms te3-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.
    130]
    11 93 ms 53 ms 39 ms 38.111.40.114
    12 41 ms 39 ms 52 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: 69.245.242.66
    Ping: 41.7 msec
    Port: 80: 922 KB/sec 29 KB/sec 975 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 922 KB/sec 29 KB/sec 972 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 920 KB/sec 28 KB/sec 970 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 973 KB/sec 31 KB/sec 1024 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 930 KB/sec 30 KB/sec 979 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 968 KB/sec 32 KB/sec 1026 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 854 KB/sec 27 KB/sec 900 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 905 KB/sec 29 KB/sec 954 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 960 KB/sec 37 KB/sec 1012 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 978 KB/sec 32 KB/sec 1031 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 920 KB/sec 29 KB/sec 971 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 922 KB/sec 29 KB/sec 970 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 985 KB/sec 30 KB/sec 1038 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec
    hit return to exit
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Getting alot of these disconnects. It takes forever for the Launcher to load up. It takes forever to get to your character list. "Connecting to the account server" takes forever or I don't make it at all.

And I get the random disconnects. Before all the PWE integration, STO loaded up just fine.

The game is just unplayable. It's rolling the dice just to get to the character select menu, and if you do get it, there's no telling when you just get randomly dropped.

Game killer, IMO.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rhaiyukhildarerhaiyukhildare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've been having the same login issues. First it takes forever for the launcher to load, sometimes having the update attempt twice, then there's the annoying server not responding around the 35.00 mark during a loading sequence, and then sometimes after being booted and logging back in, I also get the Player vs Enemy penalty, especially annoying when near to finishing a mission, especially a Special Task Force mission. Like you, I hope Cryptic/Perfect World will solve this issue soon, because it's really frustrating when you spend thirty minutes battling Borg to get Encrypted Data Chips and other rare components needed to get Omega Task Force and Honor Guard gear.
    "Feras... Feras... Feras! Ferasans, HOOOOOO!"
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ... server not responding ... connecting to the gameserver has has timed out ...

Same here. It's been like this for two days now. Plus, I switch maps and I'm d/c'd guaranteed.
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Same problem for me. This is extremely frustrating. The game is totally unplayable as it stands now.
  • parisalexandria1parisalexandria1 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Most of the time unable to connect to account server....need multiple tries to successfully login into game.

Disconnection from game server on map transitions very frequent...
    This necessitates logging in all over again with the attendant attachment to the login server problems...
    ...Timed out connecting to the game server again....
    The suggested "support" button is absolutely no help.

Even the so-called "safe" login is no guarantee of connection to the game server.

...Timed out connecting to the game server again....on a map transition to B'tran (VA) sector.

Logging in again....nope....timed out connecting to login server
    this sucks a lot and it happened right around the time of all the account and forum changes....hmmmmm......
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cryptic fix your game.... these server connect errors make it unplayable.
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    wry1 wrote: »
    Cryptic fix your game.... these server connect errors make it unplayable.

What this guy said.:mad:
  • attuxattux Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've been having the same issues ... Cryptic, We respectfully request that you acknowledge that you're addressing this issue.
  • bespin18bespin18 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    today i got server not responding right after i got out of an stf only it didnt kick me out of the game it just kept flashing at me, so i relogged and loaded up in the void of space with server not responding still flashing at me. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND SANE IN THIS WORL FIX THIS ISSUE or thats it i quit! i put alot of time and effort into this game which says alot because when i play an mmo i play it for years at a time, this game i enjoy more so than most and id hate to have to quit over something that we, the player base, should NOT HAVE TO ASK TO BE FIXED!
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    attux wrote: »
    I've been having the same issues ... Cryptic, We respectfully request that you acknowledge that you're addressing this issue.

Here Here!!
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • dukefife12dukefife12 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Tried doing Touring tonight. Yeah right, dc'ed at the first boundary. After 4 minutes trying to log-i.... forget it.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Have you all tried:

- disabling on-demand patching (in the launcher options menu)?

- upon loading the game, checking your system processes (task manager) for Pando Media Booster (and shut it down/uninstall it)?

- change your proxy?
  • aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    Have you all tried:

- disabling on-demand patching (in the launcher options menu)?

- upon loading the game, checking your system processes (task manager) for Pando Media Booster (and shut it down/uninstall it)?

- change your proxy?

None of that helped, I don't know what the hell pwe cryptic messed up but it's finally exhausted my patience.
  • lunarisylunarisy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Happen to me as well. I just log out for 3 hours then the next time i try to log in i have this problem.
  • sifulch2sifulch2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi all, just got this game and have gotten to level 11 (love the game best Trekkie game out). However for the life of me I have never seen such a badly maintained connection. I don't see any reason why I would want to buy in game credits for something that just doesn't match up to the 1000's of online games out there.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Most of the time unable to connect to account server....need multiple tries to successfully login into game.

Disconnection from game server on map transitions very frequent...
    This necessitates logging in all over again with the attendant attachment to the login server problems...
    ...Timed out connecting to the game server again....
    The suggested "support" button is absolutely no help.

Even the so-called "safe" login is no guarantee of connection to the game server.

...Timed out connecting to the game server again....on a map transition to B'tran (VA) sector.

Logging in again....nope....timed out connecting to login server
    this sucks a lot and it happened right around the time of all the account and forum changes....hmmmmm......

I have the exact same problem. I came back to the game in late June after an absence of 4 months and this is really annoying. It happens most of the time when staring a STF (KA space and ground in particular) and when map zoning (anywhere). There are days when it works fine and others when every bloody map zoning results in a disconnect. It's a good thing our starships are not using the same tech...:D
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • sebastianmalvoliosebastianmalvolio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i'll throw my 2 pence into the hat as well....it was working fine...about a month ago. I've spent a considerable ammount of time with HughesNet last night running diagnostics with a tech support guru. between the two of us (and frequently running various nettests to determine connectability and stability) we have concluded that it's not something with my ISP nor computer settings...he remote checked them...they're up to date and running fine. after discussing my frustrations with disconnect issues while playing this game and the possibility of data packet loss on my end, the tech guy runs a ping between my comp and cryptic servers....

what he said (in heavy hindi accent)

"your connection is working fine, everything between your system and the destination point is within operational limits...what i am seeing on my end (*meanwhile, i'm on the "loading area maps" screen for about 30 seconds before disconnect) is no connection response from your intended destination."

so after a few more attempts, and discussing it with the hughesnet tech support somewhere in bombay (might as well be BFE) he concluded that the problem must be somewhere there at the servers and not with my computer nor my internet connection....

Now i have to ask this to cryptic and PWE techies:

After all is said and done. after verifying all i could on my end. after consulting a 3rd party technical support person and having that person remotely fix my connections and computer through technical wizardry that will forever baffle the likes of me.
    all of this (plus a little more) and you still refuse ( and refuse is such a harsh word....i would prefer to either say unable or unwilling to ) to fix your servers by either
    A: major upgrading them to handle increased uber peaktime traffic and forever cement your legacys at ultimate tech gods, or
    B: find that pesky broken link between the accounts server and the game server and figure out why the two are not communicating to each other and to a minority disposable income carrying members of your player base. or...
    C: all of the above.

i'm trying to be incredibly patient...but i've gone through all this before with Anet and Guild Wars, and guess what? It was and always will be a problem with your servers and lack of data resources for an increasing player base. You want to be successful, you want to make lots of money with this, you want to be the best....yes?....then fix your server capacity and a lot of these technical problems (forebearing broken code somewhere...heaven forbid!) will magically go away. when there is NO peak server strain, and even the bare minimum system operating requirement computer can play your game with no problems whatsoever, can you actually claim to have a top rate product on your hands.

i'm adamant about this, because i love this game and want to see it grow and mature into something better than the rest of us. so yeah....i'm gonna get pissed when we don't see technical progress in a timely manner, nor an automated server monkey dropping intel every once in a blue moon about what's going on to resolve these problems, instead of the highly publicized news feeds on the front page of the website.

(and all this rant, because i didn't want to necro an older post and offend the mod gods.)

savy?

"Boy....Don't tell me about how "ubergodleet" you think you are. I was playing games long before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye....ever hear of Commodore or Ti99? Yeah....it's like that."
  • sifulch2sifulch2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    OK I seem to of fixed my issue, very simple really got it of of youtube.

It has to do with the proxy setting in the OPTIONS on launcher popup thingo. I set my proxy to US as EU was still giving me issues and have been enjoying mostly no issue connections. Played for 6 hrs the othr day (sick at home) with no issues.

Also had issue with time couldn't logon between 6 - 10:30 pm local time but now no issues. So fingers crossed all is good. :cool:
  • herkuliusherkulius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Returning player, been absent for like eight months. Patched the game and fired it up. I too was plagued by timeouts and disconnects. Turning on my VPN so packets take a different route didn't help either. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it must be the server since everything else runs just fine, with or without VPN, and other players are reporting similar issues.

Please up server capacities so we can enjoy the game again.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been getting "Server not responding" when maps are loading. Most of the time it resolves itself but sometimes I get kicked.

This is probably linked to the lag in mission completions.
    <3
  • darthpanda16darthpanda16 Member Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You all can submit a ticket to customer support with the following information:

What quest were you on?

Where in the game were you?

Which character?

What date and time you encountered the issues?

Where in the world you are located?

How you are connecting to the internet?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • captwalkercaptwalker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm having a similar issue, the game times out on the Cryptic load screen. states an error issue with patching.
  • lazorbolt35lazorbolt35 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All this TRIBBLE referring back to the "Lag & Rubber-banding" thread does nothing. We're all having the same problems, we're all annoyed that since PWE bought Cryptic, the quality of "service" has gone downhill, and we're all annoyed that we're just getting pointed back to the same thread.
  • wfriedmanwfriedman Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Got booted.....and to top it off........I am now getting "Could not log out one of your existing characters. please try again shortly."

and in the meantime.....3 fleet missions just opened up....and will be filled before I get back online.
  • cptkiucptkiu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sifulch2 wrote: »
    OK I seem to of fixed my issue, very simple really got it of of youtube.

It has to do with the proxy setting in the OPTIONS on launcher popup thingo. I set my proxy to US as EU was still giving me issues and have been enjoying mostly no issue connections. Played for 6 hrs the othr day (sick at home) with no issues.

Also had issue with time couldn't logon between 6 - 10:30 pm local time but now no issues. So fingers crossed all is good. :cool:

thanks mate! works perfectly fine here now too
  • utrabobutrabob Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ive had the same problem, i came back to the game after a few months of inactivity and what a shock i cant play for more than 30mins without this issue, ive posted on the forums and i was completely ignored.

PW dosent seem to want to know that there paying customers are unable to do anything but type on forums.

When i have thie problem the chatbox in game still works perfectly but my character cannot move or interact with anything.
  • mrwuffausmrwuffaus Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    im constantly getting this now to. almost everytime i start a mission or i am beaming to a ground mission i get server not responding. I just paid for a lifetime membership i did this to show loyalty, it isnt being shown to me. I am constantly having to stop the game and relaunch startrek online all the time now.. What the hell is going on??????????
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    10 disconnects within 15 - 20 minutes..not cool, not cool at all, and it's never been an issue before...and it's not my internet or my computer...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • borg7of10borg7of10 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All this TRIBBLE referring back to the "Lag & Rubber-banding" thread does nothing. We're all having the same problems, we're all annoyed that since PWE bought Cryptic, the quality of "service" has gone downhill, and we're all annoyed that we're just getting pointed back to the same thread.

All i can Honestly Say is PWE & CRYPTIC Are Nothing More then a Complete & Utter JOKE!!
    which i why i say TRIBBLE Them BOTH!! Why the HELL Do they honestly Think that me or Any
    other STO Player with a BRAIN is going to Support Such a Joke of a Company like PWE & CRYPTIC Especially if they Can't Ever Fix their Servers Properly let alone even Bother to Acknowledge their Player base which in turn Gives Them their Money to go towards Paying their Paychecks!! As a Player Base we say PWE & CRYPTIC OPEN YOUR EYES ACKNOWLEDGE
    YOUR PLAYER BASE AND FIX YOUR POS SERVERS SO THEY ARE PLAYABLE!!! :mad::rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]