test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So may not be significant but puzzled me

enemyoffateenemyoffate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So last night i was checking out the bridge view and i saw that when i had left the view, my character teleported out of the bridge. Now coming from an understanding that my captain is in the bridge during the "tactical time" and not floating in space behind me which this seems to infer. Am i being an O.C.D nut, or has anyone else noticed this and lol'd? :cool:
Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato
Post edited by enemyoffate on

Comments

• Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    EDIT /char....
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    He's saying he was physically on his bridge, then left it, but by doing so, he teleported out of the bridge... which he shouldn't be doing.

But yeah, that's been there since... ever. I like the Return to Tactical View myself, as all it does is temporarily remove the HUD, then transtition to the space map... no teleporting off the bridge nonsense.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    He's saying he was physically on his bridge, then left it, but by doing so, he teleported out of the bridge... which he shouldn't be doing.

But yeah, that's been there since... ever. I like the Return to Tactical View myself, as all it does is temporarily remove the HUD, then transtition to the space map... no teleporting off the bridge nonsense.

Ah, wasn't sure if that was it or not. But yeah what he ^ said OP.

The Bridge - Tactical View concept is based off of the shows / films. It shows waht is the focus at a certain moment. Take TNG for instance, multiple times it shows the Enterprise D as the ship, we know all the crew inside of her, but at that moment, the ship itself is the focus. But yeah, a lot in STO sinse before the begining that never made sense.
  • Options
    enemyoffateenemyoffate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Alright thanks guys for the response, i'm loving this game alot so far, and the forums are always active which makes me happy ! :). Thanks and you guys have a great day!
    Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just like to think that my captains are all lazy beggars and using site to site transport to get to their chair, while the view switches to an exterior shot of the ship.
  • Options
    shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Of course (unless you're using one of the C-store ships that don't have a full interior), every ship's interior does have a Transporter Room on the Engineering deck.

You can go from your bridge down to it and then beam out from there if you want. :)

I honestly wish when we beamed 'up' to our bridges, it would beam us *in* to the transporter room instead of right onto the bridge. That suggestion's been made many times in the past though, and so far, yet to be implemented.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So last night i was checking out the bridge view and i saw that when i had left the view, my character teleported out of the bridge. Now coming from an understanding that my captain is in the bridge during the "tactical time" and not floating in space behind me which this seems to infer. Am i being an O.C.D nut, or has anyone else noticed this and lol'd? :cool:

Didn't you know. Star Trek Online is the Ultimate first person shooter. When you are fighting with your ship you are really in first person view and when you move the camera to get a better view it is an elaborate set of tractor beams moving your captain around the ship. At least during season 5 they released an EVA suit. Before that your captain had to hold his breath for a really long time. You can practice that by using the sleeping emote in a pool of water.
  • Options
    captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah thats been that way since launch. I think the problem is that they havent figured out a way to make it different.

Beaming out is just the transition from one area to another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
    Legendary Starfleet Captain
    Fleet Leader, The Abductors
    STO Forum Member since December 2010
    Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'