test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

False Red Alerts in sector space

cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
edited July 2012 in Federation Discussion
How come this ends up happening more often than not?

I'm just cruising through the Sirius Sector, and I see the Borg Red Alert button pop up. I click on it and respond, only to jump into an empty area with no borg. Four of Ten will offer me the mission to fight them off, but they're not there in the first place.

Othertimes when this happens, I'll see that the mission has already failed, even though it just popped up on my screen. I can understand this happening if I were late to join in, ,like if I just transfered into the sector from another map and decided to immediately respond, but in this case I've already been in the sector for a few minutes and the mission is failed by the time the Cube shows up in space and the red alert button pops up.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cusashorn on

Comments

• Options
    auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Try responding to a call when the 'event' is already over.. Failure or Successful.
    *edit you said it already but what ever.

The Red Alert should vanish the moment the V'ger is destroyed.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    auric2000 wrote: »
    The Red Alert should vanish the moment the V'ger is destroyed.

It doesn;t though. I've seen the same thing for months now.
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have to admit: With 80% of them being finished already, it makes it more exciting when there's actually borg in there.
    edited July 2012
    beezle23 wrote: »
    I have to admit: With 80% of them being finished already, it makes it more exciting when there's actually borg in there.

Ask a paramedic the same question when 80% of their calls are false alarms or wave offs.
  • Options
    sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ask a paramedic the same question when 80% of their calls are false alarms or wave offs.
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ...this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, that "THE BORG ARE ATTACKING!!!!!! Oh never mind they've been defeated in the 2.3 seconds it took you to decide to respond, clear through the BOFF window and load into the scenario." TRIBBLE is getting REALLY old.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    been playing my new kdf recently and have not had an empty Red Alert yet. Also keep an eye on the Red Alert chat channel, some helpful folks there posting when they are hot or not.

Must admit on the fed side though sirius sector does seem to have a lot of false alarms. guess they are a bit jumpy and red alert at the first sign of even exposed pipework.. better safe than sorry
  • Options
    philiptoddphiliptodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hit my first empty Borg attack yesterday while I was playing. I figured that it might have had something to do with the fact that they were getting ready for the move to season six through thier updates.
    I must admit to not responding to too many Borg alerts after reaching (50) Admiral. This being that after all of the battle, I was receiving cheep rewards that I can't even place on my older tier ships.
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I stopped responding to the Red Alerts months ago. Every single one I clicked on (no matter what sector I was in) would end as soon as I got there or have ended by the time I clicked it. And I'm talking cruising through, the thing pops up, and immediately clicking it.

I don't know how even a fleet action like that can be over in less than five seconds. I figured it was one of those bugs that's low on the list and not up to be repaired.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This happened to me 2 nights ago.

As soon as a Red Alert popped up, I was zoning in.

Once I got there, it told me to exit to Sector Space.

I stopped trying after the 3rd one.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One thing you can try (just as a workaround; and often you'll still see multiple empty instances); is click on the zone name in the mini map - select 'change instance' - and if you see other players in one, transfer to it, and you may get a working instance.

But, yeah, the fact the Red Alert often pops AFTER most of the instances have been completed (or before the instances reset) is a bad and annoying bug that's been here since F2P launch; and it's a bug that really needs to be fixed.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    philiptodd wrote: »
    I hit my first empty Borg attack yesterday while I was playing. I figured that it might have had something to do with the fact that they were getting ready for the move to season six through thier updates.
    I must admit to not responding to too many Borg alerts after reaching (50) Admiral. This being that after all of the battle, I was receiving cheep rewards that I can't even place on my older tier ships.

This is why you ALWAYS take the dilithium package. The "Level Appropriate item" never is.
  • Options
    richandrewsrichandrews Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    9 times out of 10 my red alert warnings load me into empty space. Its really annoying yet the devs dont fix it.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is still happening exclusively in Sirius Sector Block, right? None of the others?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    psiameese wrote: »
    This is still happening exclusively in Sirius Sector Block, right? None of the others?

Every sector. I've had it happen in Alpha Centauri, Psi Velorum, Omega Leonis, Alpha Trianguli, Regulus... All of them at one point or another.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]