test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Tholian Invasion Feedback Thread

Comments

• hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No way to complete the medium difficulty mission Closing Doors or at least no way I could find. Can collect codes just fine although it doesn't say how many you need but then there is no where I could find to use the codes.
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • manitobamanitoba Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    soloedthetholianleader.jpg

Soloed the Tholian boss, did not get completion. Many people are saying they are not getting completions either. Can't close the gates as they don't show up. Humungus Lag.

Other than that, pretty fun.
  • torbettontorbetton Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Medium Eterior: Closing Doors
    x Collect Tholian Phase Stabilizer shutdown codes
    ? Use Tholian Phase Stabilizer Shut Down Codes to Deactivate Phase Stabilizers.

There is no way to do that second one, I see the first but no glowies or any thing comes up. After asking 15 minutes in zone, fleet, and TTS all I got was called a noob and I need to go back to live for crying. Any ways, I'm posting it up as a bug here that needs to be looked at. THe rest of my team mates can't figure it out either.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Generally pretty cool. Some issues:

1] All pets (turrets, etc) are useless. Engineers are out of luck.

2] Re-spawn rates are just silly.

3] Map does not show transporter pads.

4] Switching armor for EVA suits means losing any set bonuses. (Minor issue.)

5] On opening cells, other players can 'node steal'.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • hylarrhylarr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I also noticed a significant delay when firing weapons or using different abilities like photon grenade - not sure if it was due to lag or if it's broken.
    My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok honestly having trappers appear under the acid and pull you down where you can't target them and destroy the rifts? bad design. fix that.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Okay, so during my trek through the cave underground on Nukura Prime, I saw my Dilithilum Tribble count down to 0. So by instinct, i stroked him more and got 5 Dilithilum. It was only later when I realized...

My tribble, who thrives in the same environments as humans, should have been cooked in the extreme conditions on that planet.

I'm not sure if it's just tribbles, or pets in general (the non-combat ones), but obviously they can't survive in these kinds of conditions. Maybe you can make them off-limits to this planet, and grey them out if they're equipped while you're down there.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • lorddave997lorddave997 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Had the same "Closing the Door" issue. Can't use it even around the portals, through the portals, ect...

The ship self destruct mission in the cave is also WAY too easy. I went alone and got to wave 3 without a problem. Then I died. I really shouldn't have survived that long. I think the Tholians wander around too much and don't really attack.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    torbetton wrote: »

There is no way to do that second one, I see the first but no glowies or any thing comes up. After asking 15 minutes in zone, fleet, and TTS all I got was called a noob and I need to go back to live for crying. Any ways, I'm posting it up as a bug here that needs to be looked at. THe rest of my team mates can't figure it out either.

I'm having the same problem. The shard is going down in a second for an update so hopefully this will fix this bug :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • hsbf6hsbf6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    • Waited 30 min no Tholiholian missio
    • Ship requisition inside star base, rank filter not dropping down.
    • Star Base contribute expertise froze up
  • wong5vewong5ve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's alright I guess, other than the lag and the uncompletable mission (Closing Doors), I'm excited for Season 6!:)
    edited July 2012
    hsbf6 wrote: »
    Might be a bug... as it's supposed to pop up the moment you get to the Nukura's sector block

Check your available missions, it might be there instead.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited July 2012
    hsbf6 wrote: »

Are you level 50? I think you have to be lvl 50 to do the tholian stuff.
  • captainvallentcaptainvallent Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    woril wrote: »
    4. Funny dialogs of the type:
    A: I said Tholians that water is wet.
    B: This seems to be correct.
    A. Why do you think so?
    B: Water is wet.
    A: You are smarter than you look.

Better would be:
    A: I said Tholians <some statement>.
    B: This seems to be correct/wrong.

^ This.

The conversations just don't seem all that intuitive or rational. There's also no fail script either (which can be good or bad).
    Seems odd that I just ended up clicking conversation tracks until I got the update.

LOVE the stuff so far. But, there was either some atmospheric effects that bounced me around a lot, or there was a LOT of lag.
    d7s_small.jpg
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Same issue here too, tho without being called a noob lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In Scheduled Self Destruct waves 1 and 2 are ok, but wave 3? Ooh boy. The sheer number of Ensigns is overwhelming. I was the floater and I got hit by about 15 of the little buggers. Even with the breen cryo-gun and the cryo launcher I died in about 15 seconds. The inability to use your current armor in these missions really hits home. However I think if you hold the 3rd wave back to the 4th wave Self Destruct would be just the right amount of challenging? (and I don't wanna hear anything about being noobs, we were a group of Vets who spend about all their time in STO doing Elite STFs)
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lindaleff wrote: »
    So far, my rating is at 0. I spent an hour going in and out of every sector block trying to figure out where to go in order to activate the mission. No success. I am much too old, and no longer possess the patience, to be wandering around in search of something that apparently does not exist.

Advice for this mission: give us specific instructions on where to go. The blog said to go to Nakura Prime. Make the mission activate there, or put it in the "Available" tab of the "Missions" page.

have you tryed using ur brain and reading the blog for the info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited July 2012

To get the Tholian Phase Stabilizer Shutdown Codes, you need to 'rescue' trapped friends. The Starfleet officers you rescue will give you the codes, as long as you ask them if they are ok. Then, they will beam back to base camp.

These are the ones who are trapped in the webs, up on the rock formations scattered around the map.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
    edited July 2012
    have you tryed using ur brain and reading the blog for the info
    you might want to edit that post, or you could get an infraction.

trust me
    Was named Trek17.

• andre746561andre746561 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I activated security team on Nukara. There appeared in EVA suits which was cool, but they both died almost straight away. Guess the Demon planet got them.
  • hsbf6hsbf6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

No lvl 48.

Is there a way to re-mirror my character, if I jump back on Holodeck and level up?
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    you might want to edit that post, or you could get an infraction.

trust me

thre is no bad words in it. i see no reason why telling someone to think is cause for any reaction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    thre is no bad words in it. i see no reason why telling someone to think is cause for any reaction.
    that's just it though... someone i know said something similiar, and got a warning for it (and that's as much as i can say, probably pushing it)

it's true it doesn't seem like a bad phrase, but to the devs, it looked insulting. and for you, it's better to be safe than sorry
    Was named Trek17.

edited July 2012
    To get the Tholian Phase Stabilizer Shutdown Codes, you need to 'rescue' trapped friends. The Starfleet officers you rescue will give you the codes, as long as you ask them if they are ok. Then, they will beam back to base camp.

These are the ones who are trapped in the webs, up on the rock formations scattered around the map.

The shutdown codes aren't the problem, it's using the shutdown codes. We see the big glowing blue swirl of energy and the three stabalizers but we can't use them.
    level 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lorddave997 View Post
    No lvl 48.

Is there a way to re-mirror my character, if I jump back on Holodeck and level up?
    Yes. You can re-transfer the same character.

Also interrogating the prisoners just just weird and stupid.
    I'm sorry but when you tell someone that rations look like candy bars and when asked why, "Because they look like candy bars" seems like a very stupid answer. As said, it's like saying "water is wet because water is a liquid."

There's also no real point to it. Ok so someone lies about what they told the Tholians. So what? Not like we let them out or anything. Worse yet, we scan the mysterious object and know everything anyway. Are we assuming that the Tholians can't come to the same conclusions? Are they really that stupid?

I can get that they want to know about the combat rations but they should have better questions such as storage procedure or how it's produced.

Maybe you can scan the item first then ask them about what was said. Then use common sense information.

ex:
    > Scan object. It's a crate of combat rations.
    > Ask guys about what they said.
    >> guy 1: He asked why they come in various flavors. I told him because different species need different nutrients.
    >>guy 2: He asked me how they're stored. I told him in vacuum sealed bags to ensure they don't decompose.
    >>guy 3: He asked me how we make them. I told him we mine them from Risa.

Then when you catch the lie he gives you some special info:
    > Accuse Guy 3 of giving false information
    >> Hehehehe... those stupid spiders didn't know that. Though I did over hear them talking about trying to poison them.

This would add a dimension to the conversation while giving the player realistic information.
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So, does the CRM-200 do extra damage to Tholians?
    7NGGeUP.png

edited July 2012
    So, does the CRM-200 do extra damage to Tholians?
    there are hints it's supposed to :)
    Was named Trek17.

• captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I haven't time to really test because at the time I finally managed to patch, server went down. However, I missed an easy way to pick up an EV suit. A box containing the EV suit ffrom Boldly they rode or perhaps even the EV suit vendor from the Ferengi asteroid would be really usefull and would avoid people that insists on don't reading or simply don't know how to read english get frustrated for getting killed on the moment they leave the safe zone.
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • blademasterroninblademasterronin Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ground missions are fun, though the easy missions are a little too easy. I did both at the same time, and not only did i not die, but never dropped below 50% health, even when takiing on 3 or 4 tholians at once. (and i suck at ground missions). The respawn rate is a little high, especially during the crystal mining operation. If this is intentional, it does add a whole new twist to the mining minigame. Lots of lag and rubberbanding, but i'm putting that down to the fact that its the test shard, and half the players in sto are on it. (i know, there are nowhere near half the players there, but it seems like it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    99 bugs found in the code!
    99 bugs found in the code!
    Fix one bug!
    Compile it again!
    101 bugs found in the code!
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The shutdown codes aren't the problem, it's using the shutdown codes. We see the big glowing blue swirl of energy and the three stabalizers but we can't use them.

Exactly, no interaction of any sort after obtaining the codes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I solo'd the tholian boss, he dropped me to 25% health with one attack, then never touched me again. Took me like ten minutes or so of just hitting the 1 key(was using the CRM 200) over and over to drop him.

He also has more HP than my ship. I'm not sure if that is a bug or not, though.

Got no credit for the kill, and the only thing he dropped was a small hypo. Awesome. lol