test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Fleet System Feedback Thread

Comments

• mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    An other thing that I feel might need a change is that although contribution to the starbases are rewarded and seen on the leaderboard I think they should not list different toons from the same player separately but instead combine them and only list what that player have contributed using all their toons together. And that Fleet Credits should be account bound not character bound. That would solve a lot of problems.
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mattachine wrote: »
    An other thing that I feel might need a change is that although contribution to the starbases are rewarded and seen on the leaderboard I think they should not list different toons from the same player separately but instead combine them and only list what that player have contributed using all their toons together. And that Fleet Credits should be account bound not character bound. That would solve a lot of problems.

Yeah, that would be helpful in some ways, but it could be open to abuse, ie, you have 4 chars in 1 fleet that ammasses lots of credits, then you put your alt in another fleet and use your account credits to buy stuff from thier store.

I like the idea of these fleet credits, but i'm really seeing alot of issues with them, especially the time gated nature of the assignments, for the last 2 days now I've missed contributing stuff because the times have not aligned with my online time, which kind of sucks, cause I really do want to contribute, and putting stuff in the fleet bank isn't an option as I don't get credit for that :-/
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    suricatta wrote: »
    Yeah, that would be helpful in some ways, but it could be open to abuse, ie, you have 4 chars in 1 fleet that ammasses lots of credits, then you put your alt in another fleet and use your account credits to buy stuff from thier store.

I like the idea of these fleet credits, but i'm really seeing alot of issues with them, especially the time gated nature of the assignments, for the last 2 days now I've missed contributing stuff because the times have not aligned with my online time, which kind of sucks, cause I really do want to contribute, and putting stuff in the fleet bank isn't an option as I don't get credit for that :-/

This is a distinctly unfortunate tendency. In the Cryptic test fleet, most of the "easy" contributions fill up in seconds - I swear someone is taking ALL the BOff skill points and Fleet Marks all at once to get an enormous amount of credit. I'm sure this problem will be similar in large fleets in general. Often you're left with little recourse but to sacrifice expensive DOffs or go without.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    This is a distinctly unfortunate tendency. In the Cryptic test fleet, most of the "easy" contributions fill up in seconds - I swear someone is taking ALL the BOff skill points and Fleet Marks all at once to get an enormous amount of credit. I'm sure this problem will be similar in large fleets in general. Often you're left with little recourse but to sacrifice expensive DOffs or go without.

They can make this more "equitable" by adjusting the fleet credits that are awarded. If doffs are the most 'valuable' item to contribute, then doff contributions should award more fleet credits. Currently, they have also said that BO skill points are awarding 20x the fleet credits to what was intended. Perhaps they should reward even less.

This might be intentional, however, to 'even out' the playing field between large fleets and small fleets.
    edited June 2012
    I think that is the wrong path to take. A better way would be that every resource used for the missions have a pool that fleet members can contribute to and get credit for. The one assigning the missions (and those with those privileges) can then withdraw from that pool the resources needed for the mission. Not getting credit for taking anything from the pool and assigning it to the mission.

I'm not sure that solves the problem, it is still "fastest finger" and just adds an additional step. Unless of course you are suggesting that I would be able to just add my 800 Doffs stored in my mail, 2 million Dilithium, 5.5 million BO XP, 6000 of each commodity, ect all at one time and hit 200 million or so Fleet Credits "instantly". Doesn't matter that we may never run a mission that requires the 60 white bartenders I deposited or the 6000 Entertainment Provision or whatnot. That makes even less sense to me. But maybe that is just me...
  • sharpk1ll3rsharpk1ll3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We're having the same issues in the {UFP} Tribble fleet - assignments are completed within seconds of them becoming available. This gives no opportunity to contribute and receive rewards for the other vast majority of members who may have not been online at the time, or even had fast enough fingers.

I know a few suggestions have been made in this thread on how to counter-act it, and I sincerely hope Cryptic implements something to improve it before it goes live on Holodeck. It's just not fair right now for the players who miss out.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The problem our Fleet is going to have, as I belive many fleets, is where we have been saving items in the Fleet bank for over a year for Fleet crafting and for the Fleet Starbase.

We can have people take things out and put them towards the projects, but that would mean that one person (probably the higher ranks of the fleet) would get a lot more credits and get higher on the leadership board than other members, which could put people off, especially those who are casual players.

It would be good if items from the Fleet bank could be given as Fleet credit of some kind that would help benefit the entire fleet, like maybe being able do a bonus project that takes an hour off the next starbase project or unlocking new interior costumes.

(Hopefully nothing here duplicates too much on what hsa been said in previous posts in this thread - but not had a chance to read everything yet!!)

What we decided to do with our (admittedly) small fleet is take what we had stored, split it fairly evenly among the active fleet members (no more than 1 month off-line...if that), and E-mail them their share of what was in the bank.

Then, we'd do our best to allow players time to put in before the higher-ups get a chance to ransack the Fleet Credits and get the job done.

But then again, it's an issue of "speed vs. fairness." If Cryptic won't put in a way to make contributions fair, we're going to try to do it on our own.

With a small fleet, I don't think it'll be a problem. In a larger fleet? Controls from Cryptic may need to be implemented.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My fleet has unlocked and built Starbase Tier I, Shipyard I, and completed a starship provisioning assignment.

I think you guys forgot to turn some stuff on maybe?

There are no other assignments available for activating Mail and Ship Selectors yet both are listed as Starbase Tier I rewards and neither are working. The provisioned ships are no where in sight at any contact on the starbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We're having the same issues in the {UFP} Tribble fleet - assignments are completed within seconds of them becoming available. This gives no opportunity to contribute and receive rewards for the other vast majority of members who may have not been online at the time, or even had fast enough fingers.

Definitely an issue for the larger fleets, maybe not so for the smaller ones. Lets hope that as resources start to dry up, and input volumes increase it will balance out. Didn't they say there was a 'sweet spot' for fleets sizes of about 20 members?
  • eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    can we please NOT have 20 hours timeframe for an assignment?

If possible break them up into smaller ones that give less fleet xp but only take 6 hours or 12 hours. PLEASE.

So far, whenever I log into tribble my fleet has all 3 projects running usually and its like 11 hours off for the next (so ill never catch any)

I was able to get 1 at the beginning and put in some boff points but after that. I never ever saw another one aviable to put something into because of timezone differences.

This sucks terribly!

I think the contribution system in general needs a complete overhault from its current design.

Because the current design favors 2-3 people that have the resources of years of gameplay to be on at the right time. Then they can be on when the next job finnishes and fill it up quickly.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, that would be helpful in some ways, but it could be open to abuse, ie, you have 4 chars in 1 fleet that amasses lots of credits, then you put your alt in another fleet and use your account credits to buy stuff from their store.

What if the Fleet Credits earned from one fleet was only usable in that fleet?
    I like the idea of these fleet credits, but I'm really seeing a lot of issues with them, especially the time gated nature of the assignments, for the last 2 days now I've missed contributing stuff because the times have not aligned with my online time, which kind of sucks, cause I really do want to contribute, and putting stuff in the fleet bank isn't an option as I don't get credit for that :-/

Yes, that is a problem. Maybe making it 6 (or 28) or 8 (or 30) hours instead of 20. That way the start of these missions will change timezones more then the current 4 hour change per mission.
    switchngc wrote: »
    I'm not sure that solves the problem, it is still "fastest finger" and just adds an additional step. Unless of course you are suggesting that I would be able to just add my 800 Doffs stored in my mail, 2 million Dilithium, 5.5 million BO XP, 6000 of each commodity, ect all at one time and hit 200 million or so Fleet Credits "instantly". Doesn't matter that we may never run a mission that requires the 60 white bartenders I deposited or the 6000 Entertainment Provision or whatnot. That makes even less sense to me. But maybe that is just me...

Well getting the Fleet Credits on Depositing them wasn't a good idea. How about you get 10% for depositing them and the other 90% when they are used for a mission?
    edited June 2012
    So, our fleet, Jupiter Force has our Shipyard and starbase now at Tier 1 (currently upgrading our science tier). The exteriors are updated, however, none of the unlocks seem to be working. I did notice we have an assignment to station a BoFF for giving out tactical DOFFassignments, so I'm wondering if the actual unlocks need further special projects to unlock, which i'm fine with, but this needs more clearly putting accross. For example, currently the text says:-

"Unlocking this project gives your fleet the following options:"

Instead, maybe it needs to read:-

"Unlocking this project gives your fleet access to the following special project options"

It's currently very misleading and to be honest a bit of a let down when you finish your upgrade project and don't have access to any of the things it looks like you will have. Like I said, I'm fine having to further unlock them via special assignments, but it needs to be portrayed more clearly so peoples expectations don't get raised too much.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What if the Fleet Credits earned from one fleet was only usable in that fleet?

Yes, that is a problem. Maybe making it 6 (or 28) or 8 (or 30) hours instead of 20. That way the start of these missions will change timezones more then the current 4 hour change per mission.

Well getting the Fleet Credits on Depositing them wasn't a good idea. How about you get 10% for depositing them and the other 90% when they are used for a mission?

this is a good idea. a series of missions at 10 hours for half and 5 hours for quarter might help.
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So, from what I'm reading, it seems like a lot of people in the big fleets are having problems from the resource sniping due to the large amount of people.

I think this is what the Dev's were saying about the advantage and disadvantage of larger vs small fleets.

I think this may be intended to give mega fleets a disadvantage.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
    edited June 2012
    So, our fleet, Jupiter Force has our Shipyard and starbase now at Tier 1 (currently upgrading our science tier). The exteriors are updated, however, none of the unlocks seem to be working. I did notice we have an assignment to station a BoFF for giving out tactical DOFFassignments, so I'm wondering if the actual unlocks need further special projects to unlock, which i'm fine with, but this needs more clearly putting accross. For example, currently the text says:-

"Unlocking this project gives your fleet the following options:"

Instead, maybe it needs to read:-

"Unlocking this project gives your fleet access to the following special project options"

It's currently very misleading and to be honest a bit of a let down when you finish your upgrade project and don't have access to any of the things it looks like you will have. Like I said, I'm fine having to further unlock them via special assignments, but it needs to be portrayed more clearly so peoples expectations don't get raised too much.

im listening the to the second part of the geko interview and he said that we are currently a few builds behind them and most of the info written down is just place holder text and is more or less nonsense at the moment.

so dont take any of what is written as what it will be when its live and it would suggest rewards are not in yet (or if they are totally different to what the text says)
    edited June 2012
    im listening the to the second part of the geko interview and he said that we are currently a few builds behind them and most of the info written down is just place holder text and is more or less nonsense at the moment.

so dont take any of what is written as what it will be when its live and it would suggest rewards are not in yet (or if they are totally different to what the text says)

Yeah, but then that really concerns me, because whats the point of testing the system and the ability to unlock things without issues if those things arn't added yet? Sure they are probably getting fantastic data on the resource gathering, but they are loosing out of potential bugs from unlocking stuff by not having it in (assuming they are holding this stuff back). Kinda demotivates me from leveling the base up more if nothing is there to actually get unlocked other than filler text!

Edit:- Just listened to the podcast, yup, all the unlock text is just filler text now, wish that had been made more clear, feels odd we are all testing just the skin of the system right now. Wonder when they will start adding the unlocks.
  • senokeclipsesenokeclipse Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gt86 wrote: »
    Would like to see a permisson setting to limit how many points or dilithium each fleet member can drop in to each project. Right now one person can come in and drop 100's of thousands or even more of bridge officer points for example in a project or two and nobody else will be able will be able to contribute. This can be lead to problems with in fleets if promitons within fleets are some what based on fleet starbase contribution.

I'm agree with that

Your system is good but you MUST integrate a limit for dilithium and bridge officers points. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT. Only this give you some fleet credits, and it's very easy too have.
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    completed starbase defense perfectly and me and others did not recieve any fleet marks

also it was waaay more laggy than normal , was almost unplayable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm agree with that

Your system is good but you MUST integrate a limit for dilithium and bridge officers points. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT. Only this give you some fleet credits, and it's very easy too have.

what if your fleet only has 15 people, and all 15 donate and hit ur proposed max and it sitll isnt enough?

what ur proposing would severly hinder smaller fleets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarai38amarai38 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I also have to agree the current system needs the ability to limit deposits one can make on a given project.

Maybe a system like what is used in the Fleet Banks; where the amount that can be deposited can be set by the fleet. This way the amount can be adjusted to the needs of the fleet rather then a static number.

As the fleet moves up the tiers, the option to adjust the amount that can be deposited will be needed as the number of items required goes up.

This way fleets from small to large would be able to customize the amount a single member could deposit in a project in a day. :cool:
  • hothspurhothspur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    amarai38 wrote: »
    I also have to agree the current system needs the ability to limit deposits one can make on a given project.

Maybe a system like what is used in the Fleet Banks; where the amount that can be deposited can be set by the fleet. This way the amount can be adjusted to the needs of the fleet rather then a static number.

As the fleet moves up the tiers, the option to adjust the amount that can be deposited will be needed as the number of items required goes up.

This way fleets from small to large would be able to customize the amount a single member could deposit in a project in a day. :cool:

Totally agree with this, was just discussing it with a fellow fleet member today.

This adds an element of "fairness" to the fleet starbase system where all fleet members can contribute and don't get swamped by those with larger stores of commodoties etc. Perhaps a limit that can be imposed and chosen on a fleet to fleet basis so those fleets who want to can, those who don't don't have to.
  • hothspurhothspur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I like the new jumping practice station in the ops section of the starbase :P

(platform with all the lamps in a ring, the challenge, jump from one lamp to the next without falling. Not much of a challenge I know but...).
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Eh as far as the KDF goes with the refits... I noticed how the vor'cha has a LC Tactical and the Negh'Var got hosed it only has a Lt one still and instead it has a crappy universal ensign slot...

To be honest the vor'cha and not Cryptic or PWE's vault always looked hideous to me LOL so I would rather be using a LC tactical on a Negh Var than a Vor'cha... I hope this feedback gets looked into because to me there would be no possible reason for me to upgrade my Negh'Var I have now to a Fleet Negh'Var there is just no possible reason I would because an ensign slot is *blah* I want that LC tactical :D

Edit: After looking over them all it doesn't look like we got anything different except like 2k hull increases on fleet ships than originals are mostly exactly the same except for that hideous excuse for a shipt he vor'cha got a LC tact spot but blah it couldn't be on the negh var of course... Overall the KDF got hosed once again in this deal... Now i see why no one in KDF is bothering to do testing... we won't bother needing to play anymore nothing to really gain through the use of starbases...
  • nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In the most recent patch, were Fleet Holding Project contribution amounts adjusted up or down?

Has there been any consideration of putting fleet specific items into the C-Store? Such as the option to purchase more Starbase project slots? I'm sure there are a lot of fleets that would purchase that. ^.^
    edited June 2012
    new build is a bit wonky with the contributions. it says 'contribute' even when an item if filled. sometimes a contribution seems unfilled yet the project is already counting down. so a couple of UI display issues to fix.
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    bug: after the last patch i cant contribute to the projects.

it seems that the projects already started but almost all show that you can contribute to them.
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • lorddave997lorddave997 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    After the latest patch, all the Fleet XP has been removed and the project that was on countdown and finished overnight never gave us any fleet XP. :(
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I tried to contribute dilithium to a fleet project, and I get a box that's just hanging there with nothing happening.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There really needs to be a better way of gaining fleet points without doing these Fleet missions. If you're in a small fleet with a few people, you're up a creek without a paddle.

And please don't give the excuse to recruit people, there is a reason some people like small fleets.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    amarai38 wrote: »

I agree, Fleets of all sizes need to be able to set limits on not only donations.
    But it should not just be donations that Fleet leaders have the ability to control but withdrawals from the Fleet stores as well.

If we could have the same controls we have in the Fleet bank where we can set donation levels for each rank and fleet store withdrawl limits as well it should give fleets of everysize the control and freedom to oranise as they see fit.

Also, could there be away to add a control so that leaders could be hidden from the leadership board?
    Leaders are more than likely to add the most resources so having the leadership board hide the leaders would not put off small donors.