What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Fleet System Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    the logic behind the argument against a slider for data samples makes sense for the Rare Particle Traces, not so much for the common data samples.

if it asks for Data Samples, it should just require Data Samples, not Radiation Samples or anything else.

Particle Traces... granted there are some expensive / rare ones like Methogenic that i would not want to Slot if i have the option.

But slotting 250 Data Samples is a PITA.

I've also seen Heretic tell us in the DOFFJOBS chat channel that CXP above Rank 4 could be converted to Fleet...marks or ...merit or whatever.
    +1 to "i want that".

///
    oh and off topic:
    i really find that glowing DILITHIUM STORE button in the Assets tab of the inventory utterly annoying and useless.
    There is a Dilithium Store button 24/7 in my UI below the minimap already, i do NOT need that in the assets tab...
    you can place that button as often as you want, it does not change that there is almost nothing in there that is valuable for me anymore.
    If you want to bring traffic to the D-Store ADD ITEMS, not Buttons!

(where are my TNG Movie Phaser Rifles anyway?...)

on the other hand, if you want to add a Button in that place that IS usefull, add a Button that leads to the dilithium to c-point exchange instead.
    that button is hidden in the "triangle" menu and i use that a LOT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    midnighter90midnighter90 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This might just be a comstetic request but it really adds the feeling that you are at your fleets starbase:
    Please let the bots running around on your starbase wear the selected fleet uniform.!
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I joined a fleet and honestly, i can already tell that smaller fleets are going to die.

Even the earliest missions require a ton of resources.

Heck, I'd volunteer to have my mini-fleet locked down to only allowing up to X other player permanently if it would scale down the resources required. :frown:

I would like to ask, could fleet credits and marks be made account bound to go with the account bank?

Are there any problems with doing that?
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why can't I remove/abort a project when there are no resource contributed?
    why the IA selects a project on your own? I want to say which project will be executed

please stop asking for white, green, blue, purple Duty officers
    in the assignment, just ask the duty officer

and most importantly
    why duty officer BBBBOOOUUUNDDDD cannot join in the assignments
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gt86 wrote: »
    Also I think the 20 hr cooldown might hurt smaller fleets vs larger fleets because larger fleets because larger fleets won't have as much trouble completing each project where smaller fleets will struggle. A large fleet can realisticly complete 4-5 projects every 20 hrs where smaller fleets will not. Not sure how to balance this out but I would liek to see it balanced out more.

Just my opinion, but shouldn't that be the case? I would expect that a large active fleet can complete more projects that a smaller fleet. The problem with balancing is that in the end, it makes it too easy to complete a starbase, if you have to tailor the upgrade path to the 1-5 person fleet.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Just my opinion, but shouldn't that be the case? I would expect that a large active fleet can complete more projects that a smaller fleet. The problem with balancing is that in the end, it makes it too easy to complete a starbase, if you have to tailor the upgrade path to the 1-5 person fleet.

All you have to do is add in a system where you can limit the amount of people in the fleet and have the resources scale.

IE: Select a limit of 10 people to the fleet. The resources required scale down to make it easier.

To combat the exploit of Dumping everyone, quickly building to T5, then grabbing everybody back, simply add in fleet projects to up the amount of people, requiring the same resources. :biggrin:
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    trappa83trappa83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    rehpic wrote: »
    I believe you get 1000 FXP each time you complete a tier upgrade on a track. So when you do the military tier 1 (shipyard) upgrade project, you will get 1000 FXP, which would then allow you to upgrade the starbase.
    We just made it to more than 2000 FXP, and we can still not upgrade our Tier 0 Starbase to Tier 1.

Do we need to activate a special project for that? Or why can we not upgrade our starbase to Tier 1?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    All you have to do is add in a system where you can limit the amount of people in the fleet and have the resources scale.

IE: Select a limit of 10 people to the fleet. The resources required scale down to make it easier.

To combat the exploit of Dumping everyone, quickly building to T5, then grabbing everybody back, simply add in fleet projects to up the amount of people, requiring the same resources. :biggrin:

Ok... but the point is that is should take longer for 10 people to complete a project than it would for 100 people. It should cost the same amount to complete the project (if the benefit is the same), regardless of the number of people participating in the project.

Why should it cost a small fleet LESS than a large fleet to get the same benefit? Perhaps I am just injecting too much RW common sense into a game.

For what its worth, I have a relative small fleet... about 120 members, with maybe a dozen or so active players. I fully anticipate that a fleet with 100+ active members be able to complete a Tier V Starbase before my fleet will... as it should be able to do so.

If I lose members because X Fleet is a Tier 5 and I am still a Tier 2, well... these things happen.

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    trappa83 wrote: »
    We just made it to more than 2000 FXP, and we can still not upgrade our Tier 0 Starbase to Tier 1.

Do we need to activate a special project for that? Or why can we not upgrade our starbase to Tier 1?

i dont think the numbers are tracking correctly. i think we will have to wait for a patch.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Out of curiosity, will there be any credit given for items that people have been accumulating, and donating to the fleet bank?

My fleet membership has been great at donating supplies to the fleet bank that we felt would be needed for the fleet base. EC and Crafting supplies mainly.

The fleet merit/point system seems to rely on new donations only. If that is the case, I would like to return some donations to the contributing members from the fleet bank.. otherwise for those items we do pull out to seed a project will give a single player all the credit. Or have I missed something along the way?

Edit: If it is strictly new donations; is there any chance we can somehow download say the last 3 months worth of fleet bank activity? Currently there is no mechanism for download (even copy/paste).

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok... but the point is that is should take longer for 10 people to complete a project than it would for 100 people. It should cost the same amount to complete the project (if the benefit is the same), regardless of the number of people participating in the project.

Why should it cost a small fleet LESS than a large fleet to get the same benefit? Perhaps I am just injecting too much RW common sense into a game.

For what its worth, I have a relative small fleet... about 120 members, with maybe a dozen or so active players. I fully anticipate that a fleet with 100+ active members be able to complete a Tier V Starbase before my fleet will... as it should be able to do so.

If I lose members because X Fleet is a Tier 5 and I am still a Tier 2, well... these things happen.

I'm not saying it should be the same, i'm saying the curve should be different.

IE: Right now, it takes the same resources for a fleet of 3 or a fleet of 300 to reach the top. So, small fleets are undesirable.

If you change the resource requirement to a scaling system based on blocks, now that same fleet of 3 has to have the same resources as a fleet of 10 or 15.

Its still desirable to be in a larger fleet since its easier to get Fleet Credits and faster the closer you are to the block size, but it doesn't completely discourage small fleets.

I'm trapped currently because I don't want to have to find a large fleet to join but if i don't, I miss out on Season 6.

I don't want to have everything handed to me, but i do think difficulty should be somewhat scaled so that it isn't join a big fleet or grid for the next 3 years to get to the same point. :frown:
  • Options
    eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Some suggestions:

I should be able to contribute Bound Doffs.

Make overflow contribution aviable

If you have say 12k Merits to put in. When the 12k are reached you get 1 hour or 2 hours or whatever timeframe for whoever has not contributed the full 12k Merits yet to put in his merits. Those merits are lost but they will generate Fleet Credits.

This will solve the issue that only a very, very limited amount of players that can wait out the timer and then snipe the contribution get fleet Credits. Everyone can get the Credits to turn in for rewards and you also take out alot of accumulated currency. For example it costs 10-12k Boff Xp in the earlier levels, even when later ones would cost 100k+
    My main has got 6 mil Boff XP, that alone would be enough to fully supply most of the need for the whole building process probably. And I know other fleet members who have even more of that resource.

So please let us put in more than just the 12k needed and just give us those Fleet Credits.

Alternatively give us duty officer assignments that give us Fleet Credits upon completion.

For example if you are in the Fleet starbase sector open up Trade/Science Assignments that use those same Inputs you have for building the fleet base

Assignment:

support the building process
    input 5k Boff XP
    Requires 2 Trade Doffs

Output 10k Fleet Credits, Trade CXP
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm not saying it should be the same, i'm saying the curve should be different.

IE: Right now, it takes the same resources for a fleet of 3 or a fleet of 300 to reach the top. So, small fleets are undesirable.

If you change the resource requirement to a scaling system based on blocks, now that same fleet of 3 has to have the same resources as a fleet of 10 or 15.

Its still desirable to be in a larger fleet since its easier to get Fleet Credits and faster the closer you are to the block size, but it doesn't completely discourage small fleets.

I'm trapped currently because I don't want to have to find a large fleet to join but if i don't, I miss out on Season 6.

I don't want to have everything handed to me, but i do think difficulty should be somewhat scaled so that it isn't join a big fleet or grid for the next 3 years to get to the same point. :frown:

How do you miss out? It might take you longer to get all the bells and whistles... but you can get them... devs stated this many times.

On the other side of your argument, is that you are punishing large active fleets, as it costs them more to tier a star base, than it would a small fleet. Is it fair to the large active fleet that a fleet of 3 people can tier as fast, for less resources, as a larger fleet that spends ample time keeping their membership active, and pumped up?

Again, I have to inject some real world common sense here... why should it be cheaper to build the exact same thing if you are a small fleet? I'd argue that even Star Trek Common Sense should apply here... would Starfleet really invest the resources for a Top-End Starbase for 3 people? No... they might]/u] have an outpost... but not a top-end starbase.

If you like your smaller fleet, then thats fine... I have no plans on leaving mine either. But, because we choose to be in a small-ish fleet doesn't mean that it should be easier for us to level a starbase.

I, for one, do not feel I am missing out on anything...

• Options
    edited June 2012
    eldiora wrote: »
    Some suggestions:

For example it costs 10-12k Boff Xp in the earlier levels, even when later ones would cost 100k+

Thats awfully cheap IMHO, I have millions in Boff XP... Heck, I still have millions after 2 sets of boffs depending on the ship I fly atm.

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    One thing that slightly concerns me is that to earn fleet credits to eventually buy stuff, you have to take part in the construction queues. (unless im missing something)

thats all fine and good but if you are in a active fleet it almost becomes a race against your fellow players to try and input as much of the resources in as fast as you can. if you are away when a new project ticks over then then you could miss out all together.

now this may not be a problem later on when projects require hundreds of thousands of dilithium, or hundreds of doffs but it seems people could miss out.

this goes back to my original idea of let people do their own individual doffing on the base and earn fleet credits that way, so everyone has the chance to earn some credits.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How do you miss out? It might take you longer to get all the bells and whistles... but you can get them... devs stated this many times.

You could get your own country if you worked hard enough, but is it really all that feasible?

No.
    On the other side of your argument, is that you are punishing large active fleets, as it costs them more to tier a star base, than it would a small fleet. Is it fair to the large active fleet that a fleet of 3 people can tier as fast, for less resources, as a larger fleet that spends ample time keeping their membership active, and pumped up?

I specifically stated it would not be as fast, merely closer.

Also, its already far easier for large fleets.

Again, I have to inject some real world common sense here... why should it be cheaper to build the exact same thing if you are a small fleet? I'd argue that even Star Trek Common Sense should apply here... would Starfleet really invest the resources for a Top-End Starbase for 3 people? No... they might]/u] have an outpost... but not a top-end starbase.

It would also take years of studying to command a starship, but that isn't fun.
    If you like your smaller fleet, then thats fine... I have no plans on leaving mine either. But, because we choose to be in a small-ish fleet doesn't mean that it should be easier for us to level a starbase.

I, for one, do not feel I am missing out on anything...

Its harder, not the same or easier, its harder.

The end result of the current system in my opinion ,is join a large fleet or grind for the next couple years to get anywhere close.
  • Options
    rehpicrehpic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Post the name of the fleet and the full name@handle of one of the characters in the fleet, and I will take a look.
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Post the name of the fleet and the full name@handle of one of the characters in the fleet, and I will take a look.
    Fleet name: Windforcer
    Name@Handle: Merlok@Merlok

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
  • Options
    nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012

My fleet is having this same issue. We've had 1k FXP for a bit now and there doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade to Starbase Tier 1.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Trappa83,

Your starbase has 1000 starbase science XP and 1000 starbase engineering XP. You need to get one of those to 10,000, at which point you can upgrade the associated facility (shipyard or industrial replicator). Once you upgrade the facility to Tier 1, you will get 1000 starbase XP. At that point you can upgrade your starbase to Tier 1.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Trappa83,

Your starbase has 1000 starbase science XP and 1000 starbase engineering XP. You need to get one of those to 10,000, at which point you can upgrade the associated facility (shipyard or industrial replicator). Once you upgrade the facility to Tier 1, you will get 1000 starbase XP. At that point you can upgrade your starbase to Tier 1.
    Hm ok.
    But if this is the case the description for the unlock of starbase tier 1 seems to be wrong.

The yellow requirement of the tier 1 starbase states: Unlocks at 1,000 FXP

I assume that FXP is Fleet XP. And on the left side where I can see the fleet level, there is also an indicator for the fleet XP.
    And the fleet XP states 2,000.

So what does that mean? Isn't this the required FXP for advancing to the tier 1 starbase?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You could get your own country if you worked hard enough, but is it really all that feasible?

No.

That's exactly my point about a top tier Starbase. You can, as a solo player, get a top tier starbase... it will, and should, take a lot of time.

Really we are talking about resource collection anyways... the time required to complete a project once started is identical for a fleet of 1000 as a fleet of 1. So it boils down to who can collect the resources.

IMHO, i think you will find that the small to medium sized fleets (who tend to have a more active player base) will level the starbase faster than the mega fleets. I can tell you there is a lot more activity in fleet chat in my smallish fleet, then the large fleet i left. A closer nit community if you will.

Edit: For example, I would not be in favor of a Fleet Size Cap... sure, my fleet is on the smallish side now, but what would I do if later on wanted to build a larger fleet.

I feel for the Dev's to be honest... a lot of people to please, and there are those on completely opposite opinions.... I guess trying to please everybody = nobody truly happy.

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: which is: Try to please everybody. ? Herbert B. Swope

• Options
    rayusrayus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    After alot of grinding and experimenting with Fleet progression on Tribble, some of us in my fleet have one big concern.

The way things are now, it's basically a race to get resources in for any given project between members. Whoever is able to contribute the instant a project becomes available gets a HUGE upper hand in the fleet leaderboards. The problem is that others log in later on looking forward to contributing, only to discover that they can only give very little because everything is filled up already.

Seeing as how fleet points will be used to purchase special items later on in progression, I can see this turning into a frustrating issue for many.

As I see it, there is one solution: A general fleet resource pool. This would allow every member to contribute their assets for present or future use to complete projects. If all projects are full, this would allow everyone to make their own fair share of fleet points. Officers could use assets from this pool when starting new projects to make everything less dependant on being online when a project completes.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Due to the quote button quoting the wrong post the post i am talking to is http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4398271&postcount=82

From what i see there is different types of FXP. regular FXP for your fleet level. starbase FXP, Science FXP engineering FXP,. and tactical FXP. each is a separate pool of FXP.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    rayus wrote: »

As I see it, there is one solution: A general fleet resource pool. This would allow every member to contribute their assets for present or future use to complete projects. If all projects are full, this would allow everyone to make their own fair share of fleet points. Officers could use assets from this pool when starting new projects to make everything less dependant on being online when a project completes.

Thoughts?

I think the fleet bank would work perfectly for this.

Edit: Well not as it exists today... but as a base for this shared resource pool. In fact, that is what I thought it was going to be....

• Options
    rayusrayus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think the fleet bank would work perfectly for this.

Edit: Well not as it exists today... but as a base for this shared resource pool.

With some modifications, it absolutely would. Have a special tab only accesible to officers, with donated starbase resources that can only be used to fund new projects.

They would need to tie in fleet point rewards for contributing to this tab, to avoid just rewarding the officer who allocates the resources.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    rayus wrote: »
    With some modifications, it absolutely would. Have a special tab only accesible to officers, with donated starbase resources that can only be used to fund new projects.

They would need to tie in fleet point rewards for contributing to this tab, to avoid just rewarding the officer who allocates the resources.

That actually bothers me a bit... my fleet membership has been contributing to the fleet bank for months, and will get no credit for doing so. We're small enough that I think I may take the donated resources and equally divide them amongst the active players, or known contributors). When I figured this piece out I sent a fleet wide mail to halt all donations specific to the fleet base until it comes live on holodeck.

My wish list includes a method for export fleet bank logs or at least copy/paste functionality.

• Options
    ufpdodgersufpdodgers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Loving the bases and the Fleet project system so far, however like a few people I would like to clear up some confusion over upgrading the base to Tier 1.

On the {UFP}'s fleet UI http://i.imgur.com/Zdik7.jpg it shows that we have nearly 4000FXP....yet we can't upgrade the base even though it states that it only needs 1000FXP.

My guess it that something is wrong here, I believe we are supposed to get Tier 1 in Military, Engineering or Science first.
    Then we 'should' get the 1000FXP for upgrading one of them to Tier 1, however we are getting FXP from the 'Special Projects' even though they only say we get 80 Military, Engineering & Science FXP.

So the question is what part it broke?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ufpdodgers wrote: »
    Loving the bases and the Fleet project system so far, however like a few people I would like to clear up some confusion over upgrading the base to Tier 1.

On the {UFP}'s fleet UI http://i.imgur.com/Zdik7.jpg it shows that we have nearly 4000FXP....yet we can't upgrade the base even though it states that it only needs 1000FXP.

My guess it that something is wrong here, I believe we are supposed to get Tier 1 in Military, Engineering or Science first.
    Then we 'should' get the 1000FXP for upgrading one of them to Tier 1, however we are getting FXP from the 'Special Projects' even though they only say we get 80 Military, Engineering & Science FXP.

So the question is what part it broke?

There is a bug in the UI. The number being displayed for Fleet XP is actually the sum on Military, Engineering and Science Fleet XP. I will make sure it gets fixed.
  • Options
    ufpdodgersufpdodgers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There is a bug in the UI. The number being displayed for Fleet XP is actually the sum on Military, Engineering and Science Fleet XP. I will make sure it gets fixed.

Ah that makes perfect sense now.