test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Fleet System Feedback Thread

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
Any feedback you have for the fleet system UI, progression structure, project info, project cost, starbase appearance, facility appearance, anything and everything!
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hit a bug where I was unable to "Approach Your Starbase"
    • I left the starbase interior via the cue for the Federation Starbase Blockade
    • We completed the mission and I was dumped into sector space.
    • No map transition occured when I clicked the Approach button
    • I soft-logged then tried again and nothing happened
    • I hard-logged and again nothing happened.

**Temp workaround - log out of Tribble, log into one of your toon on Holodeck, log out of Holodeck then relog into tribble and you will be able to map transfer.
    edited June 2012
    For provisioning fleet projects it would be nice if we had the slider available for particle traces and data samples.
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    KDF Fleet System is bugged, the moment you warp in you get a server not responding, this is fleet wide.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    KDF Fleet System is bugged, the moment you warp in you get a server not responding, this is fleet wide.

same with the fed fleet system keep getting server not responding.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    FED Aesthetic Feedback

Exterior Starbase Tier 0 Map
    - The ability to see the tier zero surrounding facilities (conduits, shipyards etc) from the starbase. All one can see is a blinking beacon location. However, its possible to look back and see the starbase from these locations, so it seems something is amiss.

In fact, if you blinked when a beacon went off you might not realize the system had other structures. Perhaps this becomes less of an issue as those structures develop.

This also factors in to being able to quickly see where you need to go during a starbase defence, without opening the map each time.

Interior Starbase Tier 0 Map

Existing Environment:
    - More clutter in the hallways. Plants, furniture (interactive were possible), repair crews etc

Ops Level
    - Transporter room floor surface seems to be missing.

Tactical Level
    - None of the seats in the altered Ready Room map on the tactical level of the starbase function by clicking to activate. The central raised platform chair does, in compassion.
    - The large screen displays should alternate, perhaps.

Science Level
    - Allow the forcefield in the science lab (right of the turbolift) to be activate-able by button press.

Personal Preference:
    Remarks: Some of the corridor walls i ops seem to be untextured, or have a default shiny, almost Caitian-Atrox blue feel to them. Is this intended? Hopefully not.

Ops Level
    - More Side offices and activate-able chairs. I would particularly like to see the left raised area (upon exiting the transporter room) changed from a replicator area to a presentation/awards/briefing area, which included rows of activate-able benches, a dais, a podium, some adjacent seats for the Admiralty, and a hologram display (glass panel) that is activated by a button.
    - Two more extended lights (or whatever they are) added to the glass divider on the raised circular office located across the clear bridge.
    - Raised holographic screens from those generic consoles would be nice.
    - Large Fleet emblem in the central circle i Ops, and smaller versions on walls elsewhere

Tactical Level
    - Use the sealed door to the right of the turbolift exit to add a firing range with dummies, doesn't need to be fancy like CO Power House (*cough cinema*)

*hope to add more as we get stuck in!
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but when you beam out of your starbase you beam directly to sector space
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1) Sort of a silly thing ... I did not know where to find the Starbase and had to ask :redface:. Maybe a Location label on the UI?

2) Also "Federation Fleet System" On the map doesn't feel right. I would rename this to "Fleet Starbase".

3) When on the "Overview" tab and you click "View Starbase", it jumps to the "Holdings" tab. Why not rename the tab to "Starbase"? I think it makes more sense.
    Edit : Maybe because more bases and holding coming? Ahhh
    edited June 2012
    Regarding the Klingon Bug where one can not enter the starbase (from sector space).

I noticed there is a chat command: /Guild_InviteToGuildMap NAME@handle
    But the one person who was on the map was not able to perform this command successfully, as they got this in reply...

[Fleet] Error running command on fleet map: you do not have permission to invite or kick players from a fleet map.

Which seems fine because at recruit rank, we are not set up to be able to take advantage of this fleet setting "Invite non-members to fleet owned maps".

But both he and I were in the same fleet (Kyrptic Klingons).

Hope this helps somewhat.
  • rehpicrehpic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We just put up a hot fix for the crash that was causing problems in the starbase space map. There are still a few instances running the old code, so they may still crash, but newer instances should be OK.
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
    edited June 2012
    It looks like many of the hallways in the Klingon SB are not reflected (i.e. black) on the area map.

Specifically on the Science and Engineering levels.
    edited June 2012
    Some Klingon Aesthetic Feedback

Interior Tier 0 Map
    Remarks: Nice to see the KDF logo emblazoned on the floor of the Tactical Level main room, hopefully more of that will carry across here, and with the Federation stations.

Should the KDF computer screen graphics, seen on the OPS control center, be more red, and less LCARS Yellow/Purple? ^^

Ops Level
    - The Plain glass panels can sometimes be excessively white and bloomy when viewed from side angles.
    - The Skill Retraining Officer in the lounge will open the respec window even though it hasn't been unlocked yet.
    - One of the Klingon PA audio announcements said " a [something] drill at two thousand hours"... not 'twenty-hundred hours'?

Engineering Level
    - The chairs opposite the main chair (behind the desk) in the Engineering office are not intractable (whereas that one is). (Left room after exiting the turbolift)
    - The door opening audio seemed not to play for me upon entering this main left room, (it played the shutting door noise after I had entered).

Science Level
    - Door opening audio seemed not to play entering the left turn medical treatment room from the turbolift (it played the shutting door noise after I had entered).
    - The same issue occurred with the far room to the right of the turbolift (personnel officer room).
    - ... and in the medical sickbay.

Tactical Level
    - None of the chairs in the main room are intractable. The only exception is the main chair (behind desk) in the antechamber office.
    - It would be nice if the forcefields in the brig could be toggled on/off.
  • zakhatesyouzakhatesyou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A 'Transwarp to your Fleet Starbase' option would be very nice.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I really like them. well done.

1) The klingon door to the lower levels (tactical, science etc) does not flash like the fed one. people wont know there is anything to be seen in there

2) some of the mini maps for the lower levels on the KDF side dont have all of the corridors showing.

3) the fleet red alert button does not work (the guys seem to know about this already)

4) assigning data samples is a but dull. you can only do one at a time and its a bit of a mission to keep adding them. can we add them in blocks of 5 or 10? also it does not show how many you have when you enter them. while not critical it might be nice to see what you own before you give it up?

5) as im not a fleet leader i cant tell, but please make sure people cant accidentally cancel fleet projects with one wrong click. its quite easy to accidentally cancel a doff assignment and nobody wants to lose weeks of work. there needs to be a couple of checks if you wnat to cancel.

6) there was a little too much bloom on some of the glass panels on the klingon ops level near the table. from a certain angle they really glowed. same with the boig holograpgic thing on the feds science level.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can we get a slider for contributing data samples? Putting in one at a time is very time consuming when you need to put in over 100 samples.

EDIT: Didn't see your post, Revo, before I posted this.
    edited June 2012
    I think one of the problems that is going to grow, especially with larger fleets is the the amount of materials requested to proceed, I believe the requests are too low, there are allot of people already stocking up on stuff and people will be able to just fill out everything, not giving a chance to other people who might be in a different timezone and not as rich as others to be able to contribute

I think the requests to proceed need to be much larger so it give everyone a chance to contribute, even when in a different time zone, this way they wont be filled out by a couple of rich folk in a single fleet...
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mrmicky21 wrote: »
    I think one of the problems that is going to grow, especially with larger fleets is the the amount of materials requested to proceed, I believe the requests are too low, there are allot of people already stocking up on stuff and people will be able to just fill out everything, not giving a chance to other people who might be in a different timezone and not as rich as others to be able to contribute

I think the requests to proceed need to be much larger so it give everyone a chance to contribute, even when in a different time zone, this way they wont be filled out by a couple of rich folk in a single fleet...

We've only seen T0-T1 requirements so far, bit early to call that, imo.
    edited June 2012
    has there been any consideration to adding fleet marks to

fleet actions
    stfs
    the vault mission
    borg red alerts

As these all need teams they strike me as a good opportunity to give people more reason to play them.

the vault in perticualr needs a little something extra than just reman data chips and the fleet actions are just an obvious choice as they were originally meant for fleets.
    edited June 2012
    as im not 100% sure how the system works at the moment i dont know if this is a bug but looking at these two circles it seems like the two figures should read the same figure? yet the one on the right reads as 0. is that a bug or am i misunderstanding the numbers.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26/revo_2010/Untitled-1copy.jpg
  • gt86gt86 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Would like to see a permisson setting to limit how many points or dilithium each fleet member can drop in to each project. Right now one person can come in and drop 100's of thousands or even more of bridge officer points for example in a project or two and nobody else will be able will be able to contribute. This can be lead to problems with in fleets if promitons within fleets are some what based on fleet starbase contribution.

Also I think the 20 hr cooldown might hurt smaller fleets vs larger fleets because larger fleets because larger fleets won't have as much trouble completing each project where smaller fleets will struggle. A large fleet can realisticly complete 4-5 projects every 20 hrs where smaller fleets will not. Not sure how to balance this out but I would liek to see it balanced out more.
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As mention before. Putting one by one samples. Colonist and like that is kinda slow and before i add 250 samples ill be in mood to shoot myself :)

And what i miss. On tier 0 task are done quickly . But when we get higher projects will take a longer time to finish. So i would LOVE to see Estimate of time how long the project will take before i select him to do .
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Loving Season 6 so far and looking forard to completing the cooldown to see more of the starbases.

A few things I have noticed/would like to see changed if possible:
    • Can the Fleet Bank be tied into Fleet UI when providing items?
    • Can we have a slider to select which amount we wish to provide for items like Partical Traces, Data Samples and other items where only one item can be submitted at a time?
    • Can we have the ability to tick which Duty Officers are to be provided?
    • Can you please fix it where you beam out of the Starbase direct into Sector space instead of to the Starbase exterior?
    • Can you please fix it so that the Councellor has not lost her legs in the floor?
    • There was a bug on the large 15 person mission where I could not fight any ememies and at the end of it got rewarded -15 merits :(

That's all that I have noticed.

Good work Devs.
  • matthew486dxmatthew486dx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think the Fleet Credit Rewards for BOFF points is broken.

It says give 10,000 points, and it gives you 200,000 Fleet Credits.

Which compared to all other contributions, giving you like 100-300 Fleet Credits, this seems a little unbalanced. Given especially how common BOFF points are for people who have been on the level cap a while. On most of my characters I have well into the millions.

EDIT: I really miss my old forum account. Can I just say that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Matthew@Matthew486DX -> Eng Lvl 60
    FAW/Tank: Tactical Oddyessy T5-U, Tank/Heal Science Oddyessy T5-U, DPS Cruiser: A2B Battlecruiser T5-U, DPS/Debuff Tholian Recluse T5-U
    Fleet Admiral: Angry Tribbles
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Got to try out the Fleet System today, and I really got the impression that this is not for small fleets (under 10 people with a few active players).

Those in my fleet like it having it as a close-knit group and not having to leave for a larger populated fleet nor having to recruit players to be advance. The system needs to be more forgiving for those with populations under 20 so it doesn't feel like getting to Tier 5 would take years than months. Because if you value greed over friendship then that's when things get problematic.

So please have the system be more on an exponential system than linear where small fleets can progress easier. Sure they won't advance as fast as super-fleets of 200 or more, but it won't feel like it take 10 years to get to Tier 5 either.
  • forjoatinxanforjoatinxan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Got to try out the Fleet System today, and I really got the impression that this is not for small fleets (under 10 people with a few active players).

And there is 100% concensus in our fleet that nobody likes this system and nobody wants to bail to join a larger fleet, nor wanting to spam recruiting to strangers to increase chances of advancement.

The system is on Tribble for, wait for it, TESTING!

How about making some suggestions on what would make the system better for a fleet like yours instead of just complaining?

One thing I'd like to see are projects that perhaps don't significantly (or at all) advance the fleet, but do allow members to get fleet credits. This way, when all of the projects are taken up, members will still have something to do in the system.

Also, a project that creates some sort of object that larger fleets could donate (or sell) to smaller fleets could be interesting. I'm not sure how this could work or even if it could help, but some way for fleets of different sizes to cooperate would be a nice mechanic.

-Forjo
    My oldest post (that I can find)
    Former Cryptic User #11424
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Seems like if you have a small fleet, you'll have to pug with other people in the queue to get your fleet marks.

So doesn't seem unique in the sense that you're protecting YOUR base, just a base, then you get to plow more stuff to build your base up.

Works for me. Just requires more coordination!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    EDITED: Being Trolled.
  • forjoatinxanforjoatinxan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Excuse me, but complaining is valid feedback. If you don't like people's negative comments, then it's best you ignore them.

As for me making suggestions, nothing I say will get Cryptic to think more about the many small fleets that currently operate in STO, for this system is obviously made for super-fleets. It's a peer pressuring system to get people to abandon their fleets for the sake of advancement and that is wrong. They should realize that people do enjoy small fleets and they are now forced to either recruit people they didn't want to before in order to advance or being unable to participate.

Only thing I could validly suggest is the Dev Team make the Fleet System scale with population size, where small fleets can advance without being pressured. Larger fleets can reach maximum faster, but small fleets won't feel like it will take decades to reach Tier 5.

I wouldn't have even replied to you if your original post hadn't said "we're opting out". You later edited that out, but your attitude was clear. You didn't like it and you had decided to just not participate.

Complaining is fine so long as you leave room for someone to address your complaints.

Complaining and just up and leaving is not constructive and that is what the post I originally read was saying.

-Forjo
    My oldest post (that I can find)
    Former Cryptic User #11424
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the implementing the system, devs. :smile:

Here is some feedback from a FLEET LEADER'S perspective.

1) Nice work with showing the @handle on the leaderboard. Helps us know which PLAYER is contributing, even if on multiple characters.

2) The UI could use a little improvement. The description of the projects get cut off in mid-sentence.

3) Be nice if there was a way to see how much cooldown there is on each project.

4) Being able to que up the "Next" project - kudos on that one!

5) Rewards are a bit unbalanced with the 'Special' projects. Or maybe it is unclear what you get or unlock by doing them. The regular projects at tier 0 give 1000 military/eng/sci FXP. Requires 180 fleet marks. The Special only gives 80 FXP to each track and requires 600 fleet marks? Why would we spend resources on this project?

6) What is the difference between FXP and track specific FXP (milit/eng/sci)? Or IS there a difference? Tier 1 base unlocks at 1000 FXP. But tier 1 military unlocks at 10,000 Military FXP. As far as I can see, there are no projects that give just general FXP as a reward. They all give track specific FXP. I'm sure we'll eventually figure it out, but be nice to something on the UI to explain it.
    edited June 2012
    My only confusion at the minute is how we get standard FXP - I can find the three categories of Science engineering and military, but where does standard FXP for base tiers come from?
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Thanks for the implementing the system, devs. :smile:

Here is some feedback from a FLEET LEADER'S perspective.

1) Nice work with showing the @handle on the leaderboard. Helps us know which PLAYER is contributing, even if on multiple characters.

2) The UI could use a little improvement. The description of the projects get cut off in mid-sentence.

3) Be nice if there was a way to see how much cooldown there is on each project.

4) Being able to que up the "Next" project - kudos on that one!

5) Rewards are a bit unbalanced with the 'Special' projects. Or maybe it is unclear what you get or unlock by doing them. The regular projects at tier 0 give 1000 military/eng/sci FXP. Requires 180 fleet marks. The Special only gives 80 FXP to each track and requires 600 fleet marks? Why would we spend resources on this project?

6) What is the difference between FXP and track specific FXP (milit/eng/sci)? Or IS there a difference? Tier 1 base unlocks at 1000 FXP. But tier 1 military unlocks at 10,000 Military FXP. As far as I can see, there are no projects that give just general FXP as a reward. They all give track specific FXP. I'm sure we'll eventually figure it out, but be nice to something on the UI to explain it.

I'll knock these out in line!

1. Thanks! We think it will be a good tool for fleets to see contributions.

2. We have internal mockups already made for that portion of the UI. We hope to have it implemented by the next scheduled tribble push (end of next week sometime).

3. Fair request! Once you get going it tends to always be the same with the exception of the upgrade projects, but we'll look into it.

4. Super important! It gives you a time buffer if fleet leadership cant make it online for a couple of days.

5. These special projects are there as a way for larger fleets to allow more people to earn fleet credit. They're "expensive" to give more people a chance to contribute and low reward so huge fleets cant dominate small fleets with this special slot. We added a small amount of FXP reward in each category to make them worth it, but if you have 500 people the low end projects wont likely give enough FC to most of the fleet. That said, a new type of special project is coming up that will unlock cosmetic items in your fleet starbase interior.

6. We're working on clarifying, but every track is unique. Military, Engineering, Science, and the currently invisible starbase FXP. The military track, to use your example, will level up your starbase. So running 10 military projects will give you enough FXP to unlock your ship yard, and unlocking your shipyard will actually give you enough starbase FXP to unlock your T1 starbase. The number of facility upgrades required to level increases with each tier, so you'll have to spread it out! Having a T1 starbase is nice because it actually fights back in fleet combat maps :)