test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It is with great regret...

12345679»

Comments

• ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What the hell man?! Of all the aspects of the game with the most completion and polish, it was that in which you were involved with. Hate to see you go. But alas, such is the path of life. Wish you the best with your future endeavors.

On that note. My Bortas is armed and ready with crew at full alert. It would be a honor to engage in combat at your side. See you out there! /salute

Seems like things are falling apart now. Logan leaves, lockboxes, STOked goes offline, these atrocious forum changes/forced account linking and now Heretic...
  • woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ryeknow wrote: »
    What the hell man?! ...Seems like things are falling apart now. Logan leaves, lockboxes, STOked goes offline, these atrocious forum changes/forced account linking and now Heretic...

Yeah, it doesn't look good.

He was involved with all the stuff that made people happy.
    It makes me wonder.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Heretic was on Saturday Afternoon chatting with a bunch of players and apparently he is headed to work on Marvel Heroes. Kind of interesting since Cryptic originally had the rights to it, but there was problems with Microsoft getting cold feet.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    On the plus side Heretic, things can only look brighter for you :). Marvel Super Heroes = win.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • xaben82xaben82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    was a great time with you!!! good luck and life long and prosper!
    edited June 2012
    I honestly can't blame him either. I think any of us would have done the same.

• ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good luck, Heretic. Marvel Heroes, eh? I'll be watching that one.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bye Heretic, cya in 6 mos when you are done goofing off.

They allllways comeback...:cool:
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ravin wrote: »
    Good luck, Heretic. Marvel Heroes, eh? I'll be watching that one.

Never mind, not a fan of Diablo style games, guess I'll stick with DCUO.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ryeknow wrote: »
    What the hell man?! Of all the aspects of the game with the most completion and polish, it was that in which you were involved with. Hate to see you go. But alas, such is the path of life. Wish you the best with your future endeavors.

On that note. My Bortas is armed and ready with crew at full alert. It would be a honor to engage in combat at your side. See you out there! /salute

Seems like things are falling apart now. Logan leaves, lockboxes, STOked goes offline, these atrocious forum changes/forced account linking and now Heretic...

Perfect worlds taking over... dont panic!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited June 2012
    Very sad.
    Things are falling apart.

• drunkenguyverdrunkenguyver Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All the best of luck to you on your new endeavor, i'm sure everyone here wishes you well and thanks you for all your work on the game, it was nice and at the same time sad to read your good bye.

God speed, and best wishes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ...Frak.

Sad to see ya go~ =/

Canter on~
  • vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    if there was another STO MMO we could all jump ship to...
  • christopherchasechristopherchase Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good luck with the new position, Heretic.

Thank you for being one of the most communicative Devs on the forums and thanks for bringing us the Doff system.

You will be missed.

To quote everyone's favorite Vulcan, "live long and prosper."

Formerly Christopher_Chase
    I've been here since Open Beta
    edited June 2012
    yeah this sucks.
    I wonder why all these Devs are leaving? ...and it's the good ones, too.

• nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't blame you at all. I'd leave too at this point.

Cool to see that you might play STO still; either way good luck with your next job. I'm sure it'll be better than Cryptic.
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good luck Heretic. As for the rest of you who think this is a sign of bad things to come I should probably point this out that it is normal in the game industry for regular developer turnover. Developers hop around studios work on a project for a few years once their contract is up they work on a new one or they move on to another gig. Im not surprised after this game has been out for 2+years that a lot of the people we are familiar with working on this game are moving on to new projects.
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • dingabingdingabing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It was about this time seven years ago that I first came to Cryptic Studios. City of Heroes had shipped and City of Villains was rapidly ramping up. At the time, I had a pair of offers; one that would have involved continuing my work as a senior producer in the mobile game space, and the other involved accepting a position at Cryptic Studios. The first paid more and had a better title, but for me there was never any question which would be my choice. Cryptic Studios delivered as well, and has offered me tremendous opportunities to explore this strange beast we call game design.

Moreover, it isn't simply a monolithic company that has given me these opportunities, but individual people including Al Rivera (Geko), Dan Stahl, Jack Emmert and others who put their trust in me to try to build good design for great games. This also afforded me the chance to work with developers of all disciplines, both to gain their respect and in some cases to successfully implant nanomachines such that they would let me go out to lunch with them on occasion.

Finally, there is the inimitable collaborations and (I hope) mutual respect forged with the community at large. You guys are great, and as hard as this decision has been for me in so many ways, stepping away from things like the duty officer system and starbases feels a little like I am abandoning you. Fortunately, however, you are in great hands; Dan, Al, Jheinig, Borticus, Thomas the Cat, Falling Sky, Turnerboy, Ensign Ro and the rest of the STO team are incredibly passionate about the game.

With that said, and with great regret, I have chosen to depart from the STO team and Cryptic Studios to pursue new opportunities. I have been working hard with the team these last few weeks to make sure that the transition is as smooth as possible, and I have every confidence in their ability to deliver a great experience for the game.

I will still (try to tear me away...) be in game, just not with the fancy pink name (I won't miss that color at all). I will even be running regular open Starbase defenses, at least on the KDF side, so feel free to sign onto the HereticalSTO channel on Tuesday nights or up on the HereticalSTO Facebook group for more info and I would be proud to die (or live...meh, less interesting that way, but I suppose I could be convinced) alongside you when Starbases come out.

Live long and prosper,
    Geoff "Heretic" Tuffli
    hereticalreflections.wordpress.com

That mean there's a job opening now?