What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Fleet System Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just a suggestion, but it would be helpful (from a leader's planning purposes), to know what exactly is required to upgrade the starbase.

For example, Military tier 1 unlocks with 10,000 military FXP. Each military project rewards 1000 Military FXP. So, its clear we need to run 10 projects to get there.

But then, to upgrade the starbase, we need 1000 FXP. Not clear as to how to get this. From reading this thread, I know that upgrading to tier 1 in Military will get you 1000 FXP. But that info is not obtainable from the current UI.

Also, can you focus solely on a single track and still upgrade your starbase? Can you theoretically upgrade just your military/shipyard all the way up and still be able to upgrade your starbase? Or does it require one or two other tracks as well? (This may already be built into the system, though, as I noticed you can't run the same track on all 3 projects at the same time).
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    rayus wrote: »
    The way things are now, it's basically a race to get resources in for any given project between members. Whoever is able to contribute the instant a project becomes available gets a HUGE upper hand in the fleet leaderboards. The problem is that others log in later on looking forward to contributing, only to discover that they can only give very little because everything is filled up already.

I believe that's the reasoning behind the special projects. They require more resources but pay out less rewards than the regular projects, but that allows more people to contribute more things for fleet marks.

Plus with the number of projects you have to go through to raise each tier, I think it shouldn't be much of a concern. Or if it is, they'll probably add more special projects with shorter cooldowns just so people can contribute and get some fleet marks.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong...are we not able to see what the upcoming projects require while the current one is going through its mission timer? I mean, it would be nice if we could see what's next so we could be gathering materials while the current project is finishing. If it's possible, how so? If it's not, I'd like to see it implemented. Thanks!
  • Options
    rayusrayus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You can see the requirements for the next project as an officer when selecting it. Aside from that, I don't think you can check it otherwise.

That would be a nice change though.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong...are we not able to see what the upcoming projects require while the current one is going through its mission timer? I mean, it would be nice if we could see what's next so we could be gathering materials while the current project is finishing. If it's possible, how so? If it's not, I'd like to see it implemented. Thanks!

This would be an excellent addition.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is there anyway we could get a log of what projects have been completed?

My fleet is rather active and we've already completed several assignments today and my officer filled the pending queue. When I log in and just see count down timers, I don't really see what's happened since I logged off when there was nothing but count down timers. If it wasn't for the increase in XP, I wouldn't have known we completed any projects.

If nothing else, could project completion be logged into the Fleet Activity Log?

Will there be any way to control who has access to the Fleet Stores on the Starbase? I rather someone not join our fleet, go to the starbase and use their buckets of Fleet Credits that they earned in their previous fleet to empty our stores on day 1. We have limits on new members and access to the Fleet Stores is another one we'd like to add.

While you're at it, anyway we could get some more Rank slots? Pretty please? :smile:
  • Options
    cowkiller75cowkiller75 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2012

2. We discussed having a slider/ticker for particle traces and doffs but were concerned about people accidentally over spending. Unlike the other contribution items these are usually rarer or more valuable so we wanted to prevent people from over contributing. If the requests continue to roll in its something we could consider.

i want a slider. i put in over 400 data samples. and it took me forever to do it. i was upset that you guys didnt have the foresight to do the slider. so PLEASE PUT IN.
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That's exactly my point about a top tier Starbase. You can, as a solo player, get a top tier starbase... it will, and should, take a lot of time.

Thats an understatement.
    Really we are talking about resource collection anyways... the time required to complete a project once started is identical for a fleet of 1000 as a fleet of 1. So it boils down to who can collect the resources.

IMHO, i think you will find that the small to medium sized fleets (who tend to have a more active player base) will level the starbase faster than the mega fleets. I can tell you there is a lot more activity in fleet chat in my smallish fleet, then the large fleet i left. A closer nit community if you will.

Edit: For example, I would not be in favor of a Fleet Size Cap... sure, my fleet is on the smallish side now, but what would I do if later on wanted to build a larger fleet.

I feel for the Dev's to be honest... a lot of people to please, and there are those on completely opposite opinions.... I guess trying to please everybody = nobody truly happy.

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: which is: Try to please everybody. ? Herbert B. Swope

Honestly, I don't think you understood a good portion of my post and I don't quite see the logic in your position.

So I'm just going to step out now from this disagreement before it gets really bad.

I'm sure you've probably had similar thoughts towards me so I'm just going to agree to disagree.

I will say the idea of fleet alliances is a more compelling idea, which i think would work better.

I still stand by my basic argument is the system as is is flawed and in need of fixing, whether it be by scaling or fleet alliances.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There appears to be something wrong with the Provision Military Operational Assets project. While its a military mission and give Military Starbase Experience Points, it has the icon and background of an engineering mission. See here.
  • Options
    phase325phase325 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gt86 wrote: »
    Would like to see a permisson setting to limit how many points or dilithium each fleet member can drop in to each project. Right now one person can come in and drop 100's of thousands or even more of bridge officer points for example in a project or two and nobody else will be able will be able to contribute. This can be lead to problems with in fleets if promitons within fleets are some what based on fleet starbase contribution.

Also I think the 20 hr cooldown might hurt smaller fleets vs larger fleets because larger fleets because larger fleets won't have as much trouble completing each project where smaller fleets will struggle. A large fleet can realisticly complete 4-5 projects every 20 hrs where smaller fleets will not. Not sure how to balance this out but I would liek to see it balanced out more.

Could not agree more, and pointed out the same thing on our own fleet website. :smile:
    HAMMER SQUADRON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thats an understatement.

I will say the idea of fleet alliances is a more compelling idea, which i think would work better.

I think Fleet Alliances is an excellent idea to resolve the small fleet dilemma. Likelihood of this happening is another thing all together.

I wasn't trying to get ugly about our difference of opinion by the way... we just see it two different ways, each fighting for what they see as the right way to handle fleetbases.

Johnny

• Options
    capcushcapcush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't necessarily believe that they should put a limit on any thing a person can donate. this is because of small fleets that have large stockpiles that can also build their star base. if people are unable to donate they may just have to wait a little. this is not an over night thing and when the starting donation hype is all over people will be trying to keep what they have to them self so that they can still function as a ship. its not a donate every thing at once race its a donate over time.
  • Options
    ofallonofallon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gt86 wrote: »
    Would like to see a permisson setting to limit how many points or dilithium each fleet member can drop in to each project. Right now one person can come in and drop 100's of thousands or even more of bridge officer points for example in a project or two and nobody else will be able will be able to contribute. This can be lead to problems with in fleets if promitons within fleets are some what based on fleet starbase contribution.
    I'll answer these SORT OF in line. I can answer some of them together :)

2. We discussed having a slider/ticker for particle traces and doffs but were concerned about people accidentally over spending. Unlike the other contribution items these are usually rarer or more valuable so we wanted to prevent people from over contributing. If the requests continue to roll in its something we could consider.

Thanks for the feedback!
    rehpic wrote: »
    Any donation that can be one of several distinct items, such as data samples or duty officers we chose to require that they be donated one at a time. The reason we don't implement a bulk donation for those items is that the player may value some matching items more than others, so we need to give the player full control over which items they donate.

So several requests to fix this and the responses are generalized. We understood that from jump street because it was so obvious that the interface to add expensive contributions should not allow one to drop in "X-Total" in one shot.. However, A Slider which allows max 10 is a viable solution and is not an absurd request. No one likes having to click 3 times for one data trace. Also there is a warning box that is constantly used in game, "Are you sure you want to do X?"

Click one = select contribution to specific project
    Click two = select from inventory what you wish to contribute
    Click three = accept the transaction

This needs to be streamlined, it took 34 min to upload 115 data traces when 3 minutes is reasonable. That is 31 minutes lost and our playtime is precious since we all have real lives in SFEF.

The ratio of contribution to leader board points is a absurd. One person puts up all the BoSP
    (Bridge Officer Skill Points) and receives the same amount of Leader board points for the one person who contributed all the Dilithium. We did this to test the Leader Board and it is a Failure. Since Dilithium is the most coveted in game, BoSP should not equal the main Currency. I know a lot of players have BoSP out the wazzu because there has been no "sink" to date for them and are so easily obtained; no max you can earn a day unlike "Refined Dilithium". This needs to be adjusted please. This is not a sense of entitlement, it is just plain wrong. Please Please Please Fix It.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ofallon wrote: »
    The ratio of contribution to leader board points is a absurd. One person puts up all the BoSP (Bridge Officer Skill Points) and receives the same amount of Leader board points for the one person who contributed all the Dilithium. We did this to test the Leader Board and it is a Failure. Since Dilithium is the most coveted in game, BoSP should not equal the main Currency. I know a lot of players have BoSP out the wazzu because there has been no "sink" to date for them and are so easily obtained; no max you can earn a day unlike "Refined Dilithium". This needs to be adjusted please. This is not a sense of entitlement, it is just plain wrong. Please Please Please Fix It.

Completely Agree! The number of leaderboard points should be tied to the intrinsic value of the item being donated. Dilithium > BOSP. As ofallon has pointed out, many long time players have millions in BoSP that are just sitting. Since we can earn virtually unrestricted amounts of BoSP each day (Doff Missions, etc), but only 8000 Refined Dilithium the value of the Dilithium should be greater due to its rarity.

• Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For provisioning fleet projects it would be nice if we had the slider available for particle traces and data samples.

I second that. It's very annoying to do those one and one, when so many are required for the missions.
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Small requests for the system.

Currently our fleet (Jupiter Force) is making spreadsheets so we can track projects, is there any chance the next projects in the queue can be made visable to the entire fleet? It's a bit annoying that only the officers with project control can see what resources are required for upcoming projects, if all members could see it then that would greatly enhance a fleets ability to know what to focus on collecting without an officer having to be online to tell everyone.

When beaming out, you get placed in sector space, as pointed out earlier, instead of fixing it to the starbase map, could we get the option like you have at Starfleet Academy? So you can click the beam out button and get a dropdown for entering either the sector block or the starbase block.

The Starbase system 'really' needs a map to show the location of assets, expecially for when taking part in starbase Blockade maps. Can the draw distance be increaed as well so that you can see the structures from the Starbase? Not sure if this is performance related for the Starbase Blockade map, but it's a bit hard to oriantate yourself when you can't see these structures. Perhops very low LOD models could be made for this purpose?

As others have pointed out, a slider for particles! It could be capped at 50 or something if you don't want peopel dumping everything in one go, but I'm guessing higher tiers will need more particles which will only make this harder!

Maybe remove the number under the fleet level completely, it seems to be confusing everyone in regards to the FXP used to level and starbase and since the number seems pointless other than been for Epeens, it may as well just be removed (unless it means something further down the line)

The trigger for the bar music needs moving in OPS, its triggering the music even though the starbase doesn't have the bar in there (yet).
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i luike all the fleet stuff but getting the doff loike con officers and flight deck officers is next to impossile
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This might just be a comstetic request but it really adds the feeling that you are at your fleets starbase:
    Please let the bots running around on your starbase wear the selected fleet uniform.!

Yes, there must be a way to code these NPCs to pick the Fleet Uniform ID instead of these horrid uniforms they are wearing now.
    darkwhite0 wrote: »
    Why can't I remove/abort a project when there are no resource contributed?
    why the IA selects a project on your own? I want to say which project will be executed

please stop asking for white, green, blue, purple Duty officers
    in the assignment, just ask the duty officer

and most importantly
    why duty officer BBBBOOOUUUNDDDD cannot join in the assignments

Yes, only ask for DOff specializations not their rarity. Fleet Members should be able to donate any rarity they like.
    I think the fleet bank would work perfectly for this.

Edit: Well not as it exists today... but as a base for this shared resource pool. In fact, that is what I thought it was going to be....

All the different Starbase building items/currencies should have their own overflow bank so everyone can deposit things to those and then the Fleet Officers can draw items from those banks to the missions. Giving the credits to those depositing in the bank and not those assigning the resources to the missions.
  • Options
    xaben82xaben82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PLEASE!!!! We need as admins more control about the shop and payments.
    Admins have to allow member what or when they can shop and what they can pay for the projects.

I see problems with fleet-hoppers etc, they wait till a new project start, using bo-xp to get many fleet-xp and take the ships from the shop. When it came out, the leave the fleet and the ships is gone.
  • Options
    scottapricescottaprice Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    xaben82 wrote: »
    Admins have to allow member what or when they can shop and what they can pay for the projects.

I see problems with fleet-hoppers etc, they wait till a new project start, using bo-xp to get many fleet-xp and take the ships from the shop. When it came out, the leave the fleet and the ships is gone.

I believe the Devs plan to balance these numbers. I suggest taking an order of magnitude off the Fleet Credit value received and increase the order of magnitude for the Bridge Officer Points required. Most Vice Admirals in the game have over a million BOff Points at this point in the game - I have 6M. By now, the Devs should be able to collect data on the contributions that have been more challenging and can assign a higher Fleet Credit value based upon this data.

Also, consider a 'spreadsheetable' export of the specific contributions that Fleetmates have made. The Leaderboard is nice, but there is no visibility on specific contributions from Fleetmates.

Our Starbase has that terrible audio clipping we experienced with 7.1 surround headsets on Hathon (Bajor) and the DS9 revamp. I have to turn off my headset whenever I am there. It truly sounds like construction going on. :biggrin:

I also request additional Fleet Ranks and I know a Fleet Bank storage increase is under consideration - hopefully, that will be worked in.

There is confusion of the Fleet XP and the SubTier XP naming convention - Consider:
    Fleet XP (FXP) = Science XP (SCI-XP) + Engineering XP (ENG-XP) + Military XP (MIL-XP) and assign the value structure from there. i.e. 10,000 SCI-XP + 10,000 ENG-XP = 20,000 FXP

Overall, I am VERY IMPRESSED with the Starbase Crafting System and I see the potential for more features with these new efforts. As a Fleet Leader, I have already seen our Fleet begin to grow. Thank you for your very hard work !! :smile:
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think Fleet Alliances is an excellent idea to resolve the small fleet dilemma. Likelihood of this happening is another thing all together.

I think its going to take months if ever.
    I wasn't trying to get ugly about our difference of opinion by the way... we just see it two different ways, each fighting for what they see as the right way to handle fleetbases.

Johnny

Okay, i just have had a lot of bad experiences in these kinds of debates and i saw some warning signs.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    rehpicrehpic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    xaben82 wrote: »

I am planning to add fleet permissions for donation and buying from provisioned stores. Unfortunately it is not practical to add more fine grained controls.
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Why are the C-Store ships not showing upand then reshowing available? i.e. Oddyessy, Atrox, Armatage? I previously had purchased the Oddy pack on tribble. I overwrote the charachter with the same character from holodeck. No Oddyessy Available or the Atrox or the Armatage.

Fleet ranks were supposed to be epanded beyond 8. What happened to making it 10 or 12?

Clickies in SB's are hovering above the center, unessasary to be anywhere you cannot access componets. In other SB's like K-7 there are a unusual amount of clickies where they are not in holodeck. Just an FYI

Lastly, the NPC's walking about not in Fleet Colors is understandably desired. Why has no one mentioned that the Patch Notes only mention Flags, Banners, Glass but no Fleet Logo in the center of floor?

Thanks for all the hard work Dev Teams, mucho appreciated.:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    @salamiinferno,

Hey I was wondering if on creation of the fleet starbase you could pick what sector block your star base will be in. That way people can spread around and not be all in eridani.

Now some would think "well wouldnt that add clutter because you would have to have a fleet system in every sector block you would be able to choose from"

Well not nessecerily, you could hook the prompt up to systems that are already present.

For ex. if I could have my starbase in Minos Korva, instead of flying up to a NEW "System" that is in the block, I could simply attach it to a preexisting system thats there. so when i fly up to it it would say enter fleet system, while others they would get nothing.

What this hooking up would do is give functionality to systems that are sitting there doing nothing.

taking Eta Eradani for Example, Traelus System, Ba'aja System, Aldebaran, Azha as well as others.

The idea is that you won't have the whole game flying to the same sector block, to the same "Fleet System" and just have another cluttered hairball like around SOL, DS9, Mem Alpha (before dilithium.)

If you allow a fleet leader to "set" what system the fleet starbase is in, would give people a feeling of actually making some system their home.

OBVIOUSLY, certain systems would be off limits, SOL, DS9, BAJOR, K7, Drozona, etc. Places that wouldn't make sense for a fleet starbase to be at, or otherwise would be game breaking.

I would also like to ask for feed back on the idea for allowing Fleets to set their starbase in the exploration clusters, to give that "on the edge of the final frontier" feel to your fleet.

In the end, I would request a reply to the viability to any of this and any comments on what would be required to put this into play.

-
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am planning to add fleet permissions for donation and buying from provisioned stores. Unfortunately it is not practical to add more fine grained controls.

Why not cut the credits recieved from the BOxp by x50?
    Shouldn't Fleet Marks be of the highest value?
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    obiwanjabroniobiwanjabroni Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why not cut the credits recieved from the BOxp by x50?
    Shouldn't Fleet Marks be of the highest value?
    Boff skill points are currently rewarding about 20x too much. We will address this before launch.

Dev tracker and/or reading thread is good.
    sig_universal.png
  • Options
    moronwmachinegunmoronwmachinegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Rehpic,
    Any chance you can add a configuration option to limit fleet credits earned by members per day/week? That way fleets can limit members to say 1000 fleet credits a week, and more fleet members can get a chance to contribute/earn credits. Otherwise the ppl right after a new project is started can hoard all the points. What would be ideal is a way to limit this based on fleet level, similar to amounts that can be taken out of the bank.
  • Options
    alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012

You might have a major problem with large teams. Using Torpedo spead and the torpedo point defence system. Or with fighter swarm that numberous Escort Carriers can launch before and during combat.

This could bring a possible graphic crash.

It did slow down a bit during a few fleet combat missions I was on and a few times my torpedos didn't launch because the mass chaos of combat at the time.
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yes the amount give for bridge officer points is large but you got to look at it like this THIS IS A TEST SERVER so they probably amped it up to allow for tribble bases to hit theirtiers at a faster rate so testers can see what is broken before it goes live
    and i got an idea for one of he ship variants a maelstrom class saucer as costume for peolpe flying new escort xarrier
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    agentexeider,

We have asked for this from jump street and the answer was no. I will try to shed light on why.

The mechanic of assigning a instance map for FSB's is a nightmare due to the interfacing assignments. If you wanted your star base to be in say Zenese Expanse that would be fine. Executing the transistion to said location is the difficult part. It would mean that SB's would have instance controls availabe requiring it to have a starting point to execute from. Thus it has to exsit before it can be placed. Its the chicken and egg thing m8.

Now from what I understand from programmers is, if you launch all SB's from the same point like your new ship choice from the yard then by choosing the location it will spawn in will work within the code. Getting the man power to focus on this now is not responsible. We could see this as a code branch update in a later season, giving time to work out other prorities first

Hang in there m8, they built it, it can come.:biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]