test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you have a sticky in any of these forums...

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

If you have a thread that is stickied and you would like to be able to update/ remake it, please send me a forum PM -- I'll be happy to send you the vB code from the thread so you can copy and paste it into a new thread. Then, once it is up, you can PM me back and I will stick it and unstick the old one. :smile:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Branflakes you may want to have a chat with FrankieRaye over on PWI, there definitely used to be a way for the owner of the thread to be changed as this was done on several occasions when the original owner of a class tutorial thread had left the game and details needed to be updated. It was possible to assign the thread to another forum member.

This may save you and the forum a lot of time and effort in the future and save having old duplicate threads hanging about taking up space.
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2012
    I see no way to PM you.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    Branflakes you may want to have a chat with FrankieRaye over on PWI, there definitely used to be a way for the owner of the thread to be changed as this was done on several occasions when the original owner of a class tutorial thread had left the game and details needed to be updated. It was possible to assign the thread to another forum member.

This may save you and the forum a lot of time and effort in the future and save having old duplicate threads hanging about taking up space.

Will do! I don't see the option to do that =/
    I see no way to PM you.

Go to the UserCP (link a few lines under "Edit your Avatar"), and then it is under the "Private Messages" section :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will sort my stickies out later :-)
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2012

Go to the UserCP (link a few lines under "Edit your Avatar"), and then it is under the "Private Messages" section :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Wow, really?

The more I learn about this forum, the less I want to interact with it. I'll leave it alone, it's not like my sticky was getting dev attention anymore.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Some threads have a HUGE amount of useful info in them, either because it was added in later posts or through the informative discussion. I would suggest that for any sticky this happens to, the old version gets put in some sort of "don't delete" status.

PMs on the forum are silly. It's a convoluted process, and you have to either remember or copy paste a person's name, because when you click on their name it take you to Core Connect (instead of something useful like a forum PM form, or a list of their previous posts).
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The one positive thing I could see regarding old stickies is that you may be able to reserve the first posts in that thread to add later added information at the beginning of the thread.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • supergroverohpcsupergroverohpc Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    You should be able to find it in either the threads Admin tab or your admin CP, mind you I have no idea on how much the forum has been modded and plugins ect but IIRC that is the default location.
  • drumknottdrumknott Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks Brandon. I'll get a PM to you about my Power Calc thread...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hello, I'm PatricianVetinari, using my alt-Silver account to access these new forums (as I'm not yet willing to PW link/convert my main/LTS account). To say I'm disappointed with this "conversion" event would be an understatement.
    (Is there a way to make my text align next to the sig pic, instead of after/under it?)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...Go to the UserCP (link a few lines under "Edit your Avatar"), and then it is under the "Private Messages" section...
    Ok, Brandon, I'm now on my official (Gold) PWI account and I sent you a Forum PM for the following vB code:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=155777

Thanks in advance!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • mavgeekrsamavgeekrsa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    private message sent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    redshirtarmy.com - RedShirtArmy Podcast
    STO / Cryptic member since 2009 (mavgeek)
  • th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Someone should sticky this thread =P

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]