test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect World Censor?

thadekthadek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Has anyone else had the problem where if they post something that criticizes Perfect World it gets taken down?
Post edited by thadek on

Comments

• sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dunno. Have you tried it out?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • rialgirialgi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What could we say bad about PWE. There the Hoastest with the mostest, bestest? certainly prolifically agresively opertunistic, sorse of Trek we've Never seen! And thats Grrr'ate! Funness with the oneness! Its all the falt of the DOFFS' packs. if this is the last please all remember Me?
    Wish I could think of something wise and cool, and all That!
    edited June 2012
    You got that right, Beatrice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I haven't noticed.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lol every second thread is saying something bad about pwe/cryptic so unless it is totally libelous or in direct breach of some other part of the TOS (for example posting private communication with PWE staff) then I think you are good to go.

much as i hate to see another negative thread, pwe do still allow you to poo poo them
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Would you blame them if they were doing so?

I feel like a couple of my posts are missing but I couldn;t tell you if I actually wrote them or not. Occasionally I just close out the tab after writing out a response if I feel that the content will not go over well or if my response was poorly worded.
  • captainconradcaptainconrad Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They just closed one of my threads on the basis that we're not allowed to talk about moderation.

Well guys, it's been nice chatting and sharing ideas with you all, but it seems that we aren't going to be allowed to post soon unless we give praise to PWE and all that they do. I have none to give so I will probably no longer be posting here. But yes, posts about PWE in a negative way are soon going to become ban-able offenses. It's only a matter of time.

Well, guess that's about all I should say. Apparently anything I say goes against all the rules so I guess I'll see you all around.
    Captain_Conrad
    STO Start Date: March 2010
    June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
    edited June 2012
    See ya in the next PWE game captainconrad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They just closed one of my threads on the basis that we're not allowed to talk about moderation.
    This rule was in place (and enforced) for a while now. This has nothing to do with the forum changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2012
    rialgi wrote: »
    What could we say bad about PWE. There the Hoastest with the mostest, bestest? certainly prolifically agresively opertunistic, sorse of Trek we've Never seen! And thats Grrr'ate! Funness with the oneness! Its all the falt of the DOFFS' packs. if this is the last please all remember Me?

They're the Ayatolla, of Rock'n"Rolla!
    edited June 2012
    This rule was in place (and enforced) for a while now. This has nothing to do with the forum changes.

This was originally a Cryptic Atari game, not a PWE game. I will not play anything from PWE again!

Atari let Cryptic run its games. The only thing Cryptic was accountable for was requesting permission to release ships. Now that PWE has taken over, it seems that Cryptic doesn't even get any notice or appreciation and the more PWE interferes, the more Cryptic just fades away.

All well, life goes on.
    Captain_Conrad
  • gramogramo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I AM and 885 day vet and i have defended the game through ever up and down. i have never stop playing i have never been down on the game. I am reaching my limit of endurance. the forums are the lifes blood of the game and while i do not post a lot i use them constantly for insight and news. The removal of threads and posts contrary to PWE stance is wrong and unacceptable. I will hold off on the bile until i n know for sure whats going on but i am very worries for my favouite game.
    edited June 2012
    biting the hand that feeds you goes both ways. constantly harping at pwe in a negative manner will reduce the level of dev and gm interaction - who wants to come into an atmosphere when you can pass your news onto the CM (Branflakes) and get it posted as a blog. pick your fights. there are plenty of real battles to be won around this game by working with cryptic/pwe and offering solutions or ideas. they may be ignored sometimes, sometimes they are not. negativity breed negativity.
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Must be china, they censor all XD.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    srspells wrote: »
    Must be china, they censor all XD.
    -Spells

yea but with technoalgy its harder for them to silence people so fewer people are going missing and children being run over and no one helping..... the rest of the world is putting pressure on them.

i still wouldnt ever go there in a million years tho too dangerous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't think it is censorship at all if people continue to break the rules. People can be constructive and informative without breaking the rules set out in the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies
    Flaming and/or Trolling
    You may not post content which contains insults to other users or Perfect World Entertainment Staff, are specifically made to create undue discontent on the forums, disturbances in forum threads, pick fights or otherwise promote unfriendly conversation
    edited June 2012
    can we have less of the xenophobia guys. its not big and it's not clever.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    can we have less of the xenophobia guys. its not big and it's not clever.

Let's just say that China has the most friendly government ever. Freedom of speech is consequently useless !
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • pyrophilepyrophile Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Well guys, it's been nice chatting and sharing ideas with you all, but it seems that we aren't going to be allowed to post soon unless we give praise to PWE and all that they do. I have none to give so I will probably no longer be posting here. But yes, posts about PWE in a negative way are soon going to become ban-able offenses. It's only a matter of time.

Well, guess that's about all I should say. Apparently anything I say goes against all the rules so I guess I'll see you all around.

Not talking about moderation - which is pretty reasonable and not all that uncommon in other places - will not somehow lead to worse circumstances. In fact, they aren't even getting worse period - this would seem to be an established base rule.

In any case, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope.
    edited June 2012
    PWE has silenced my in-game chat. Guess I'm a threat to the game. And you people are trying to tell me that things aren't getting worse? That this has been policy since day one? I've been here since day one and this has not always been how it is!

Do not try to tell me otherwise. I have been here and am continuing to experience this game's decline. If you don't want to accept the fact that things aren't getting bad, that is your choice to remain ignorant. I will not. This take over has been getting progressivly worse and soon the only function of these forums will be to give praise to PWE or to not say anything at all or else you lost chat privileges... oh wait, that's happening now!
    Captain_Conrad
    edited June 2012
    Look... it's not you, it's me. I don't think this is working out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Have you guys read the forums lately?

Like every other thread is a thread angry at PWE over the new forums or the linking or zen or something else.

I really don't think there's a censorship issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE has silenced my in-game chat. Guess I'm a threat to the game. And you people are trying to tell me that things aren't getting worse? That this has been policy since day one? I've been here since day one and this has not always been how it is!

Do not try to tell me otherwise. I have been here and am continuing to experience this game's decline. If you don't want to accept the fact that things aren't getting bad, that is your choice to remain ignorant. I will not. This take over has been getting progressivly worse and soon the only function of these forums will be to give praise to PWE or to not say anything at all or else you lost chat privileges... oh wait, that's happening now!

If 5 players report you for spamming, you are automatically silenced. That system has been in place for some time now. If you have been ranting like this in game, you were likely censored for not accepting that your peers got tired of listening to your rants.
  • tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    See ya in the next PWE game captainconrad.

sov i almost died laughing when i saw ur siggy lmao

good stuff man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012

You probably got reported too many times for being an idiot. Thus you lost your chat ability. Stop derping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You probably got reported too many times for being an idiot. Thus you lost your chat ability. Stop derping.

And it looks like all your threads just got combined into one.

Thanks to the mod who did that :)
    Do not try to tell me otherwise.

I don;t think you;re paying any attention to what we're saying anyway
    edited June 2012
    Right on. GJ mods.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]