edited June 2012
    Major bummer. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This sux....

Goodbye freind.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Its sad to see you go Heretic. Thanks for working hard all these years and bringing us great features. You will be missed.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The sky is falling...

The sky is falling...

You can't leave, we have a crisis only you can fix. :tongue:

Best of Luck in all Your future endeavors, Sir.

>/Salute<
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You'll be missed.

Fair skies, and may the wind always be at your back.
  • Options
    bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wish you the best of luck, friend.
    May your future adventures be filled with excitement, success and above all, enjoyment.
    You've earned my respect over the many years, and will always have friends here :smile:
    I'll be adding your channel, and look forward to fighting along side you in glorious battle!

Qapla'!!
    /e d'k_tahg

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • Options
    helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    please tell me this decision was not brought about because of some dictate from the bosses over at Perfect World Entertainment?

I only ask because virtually the same thing happened to the Flagship game of the same name as that company. Basically what happened was that after the game was initially designed, the company that made the game (at the time that was Wanmei) fired all of the original dev's in one fell swoop. The resultant cluster bomb was that now the company struggles their rear end off just to get updates that are reasonably bug free and it is usually up to the customers to find and report any bugs in the live version (they don't even have a playtest version of that game as far as I know, at least not in the States).
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hate to see you go dude. Especially on a note of what has happened over the past couple of days. Hope you find a real company that doesn't waste valuable assets like you. Maybe get a job at CBS and "fix" things from there?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In the words of one of the doffs you had a part in creating...

"Good-night, sweet prince." :Horatio
  • Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    *look at Gozer and Dstahl*

Okay, well... see ya in a few months Heretic. I'm sure someone will keep your chair warm for you while you're gone.

It often seems like no one ever really leaves Cryptic...
  • Options
    captmack001captmack001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks Geoff

truly dude your work over the past few months has kept my intrested in this game
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "I CAN HAS UR STUFF?"

Joke aside, There are many of you, new and old, that I have respect for. As several have gone and as several as been added, I usually refrain from commenting on them (even when banned).

I salute you though and wish you the best. Your work here has added much to my enjoyment and you should know that, I would still have been playing the game without your contributions, but not in anyway as well as I am now.

Thank you. I hope that I see you and your ideas in future games that I will play while I enjoy the legacy you have left here.

"Are you not weary of ardent ways,
    Lure of the fallen Seraphim?
    Tell me no more of enchanted days."
    -James Joyce-

Good luck in your endeavors.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is very sad news for STO indeed. You have been an inspirational dev and your hard work and accessability on the forums has really paid off both in the quality of work you turned out and also in generating good feeling about the game (or at least the parts of it you were involved with).

Best luck on your new endevours and wherever life takes you.
  • Options
    bradtuckerbradtucker Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sad to see you go, but good luck with the future endeavors
  • Options
    teslapawnsedisonteslapawnsedison Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Goodluck!

Oh, time to update your linkdin page. :P
  • Options
    aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It really sucks to see you go but I'm happy that you're pursuing brighter places ahead. Thank you for all the cool and awesome systems you put into this game, Doffs was amazing and nothing I've ever seen before and it's a blast to play this mini game in a game.

Take care! /salutes:smile:
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I enjoyed getting you know about you, your work and your passions when you reached out to the STO community. Thank you for your dedication, accessibility and work-I love the DOFF system. While I'm sorry to see you go, and I will miss you, best of luck in your future endeavors.

I'm looking forward to hearing about great things from you.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    grabtharshammer1grabtharshammer1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    well that sucks!!
    bye Bye heretic. :frown:
    [SIGPIC]Kang Knows what your doing with that Orion Slave Girl son[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainbaldycaptainbaldy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So sad to see you go. You've done a lot of awesome work and thanks for being in chat almost nightly and getting bombarded with questions. Best of luck to you, sir. *raises glass*
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    no good news for STO,
    but it seems you want this, so have fun with it and may you prosper :)

anyway, i'll be there to raise the bat'leth by your side and eat their hearts!

Qa'pla!
  • Options
    extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    See You space cowboy......
  • Options
    yonazakiyonazaki Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    *Glomps Heretic* No, no, no don't go, your one of the awesome Devs meow!! ;_;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sorry to see you go- you gave us some of the best things in the game. Good luck.

And who knows- you may be back. This game has a history of devs leaving and then returning.
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited June 2012
    I am sad to see you go and hope the new job is fun and pays the bills. Just like Daenerys Targaryen is known as Mother of Dragons you will be remembered as Father of DOffs.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It was about this time seven years ago that I first came to Cryptic Studios. City of Heroes had shipped and City of Villains was rapidly ramping up. At the time, I had a pair of offers; one that would have involved continuing my work as a senior producer in the mobile game space, and the other involved accepting a position at Cryptic Studios. The first paid more and had a better title, but for me there was never any question which would be my choice. Cryptic Studios delivered as well, and has offered me tremendous opportunities to explore this strange beast we call game design.

Moreover, it isn't simply a monolithic company that has given me these opportunities, but individual people including Al Rivera (Geko), Dan Stahl, Jack Emmert and others who put their trust in me to try to build good design for great games. This also afforded me the chance to work with developers of all disciplines, both to gain their respect and in some cases to successfully implant nanomachines such that they would let me go out to lunch with them on occasion.

Finally, there is the inimitable collaborations and (I hope) mutual respect forged with the community at large. You guys are great, and as hard as this decision has been for me in so many ways, stepping away from things like the duty officer system and starbases feels a little like I am abandoning you. Fortunately, however, you are in great hands; Dan, Al, Jheinig, Borticus, Thomas the Cat, Falling Sky, Turnerboy, Ensign Ro and the rest of the STO team are incredibly passionate about the game.

With that said, and with great regret, I have chosen to depart from the STO team and Cryptic Studios to pursue new opportunities. I have been working hard with the team these last few weeks to make sure that the transition is as smooth as possible, and I have every confidence in their ability to deliver a great experience for the game.

I will still (try to tear me away...) be in game, just not with the fancy pink name (I won't miss that color at all). I will even be running regular open Starbase defenses, at least on the KDF side, so feel free to sign onto the HereticalSTO channel on Tuesday nights or up on the HereticalSTO Facebook group for more info and I would be proud to die (or live...meh, less interesting that way, but I suppose I could be convinced) alongside you when Starbases come out.

Live long and prosper,
    Geoff "Heretic" Tuffli
    hereticalreflections.wordpress.com
    Oh! That's sad to hear. You seemed to be responsible for the best and most interesting (addictive) addition to the game in along time, the Duty Officer System. I hope that who ever takes your job will show similar dedication and talent as you did- and I also hope that whatever new opportunity you follow, you'll keep delivering excellent work and find enjoyment in it.

Mustrum "I am not taking any bets on whether you'll make a return like Gozer or dstahl, but I wouldn't be sad if you did" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It was about this time seven years ago that I first came to Cryptic Studios. City of Heroes had shipped and City of Villains was rapidly ramping up. At the time, I had a pair of offers; one that would have involved continuing my work as a senior producer in the mobile game space, and the other involved accepting a position at Cryptic Studios. The first paid more and had a better title, but for me there was never any question which would be my choice. Cryptic Studios delivered as well, and has offered me tremendous opportunities to explore this strange beast we call game design.

Moreover, it isn't simply a monolithic company that has given me these opportunities, but individual people including Al Rivera (Geko), Dan Stahl, Jack Emmert and others who put their trust in me to try to build good design for great games. This also afforded me the chance to work with developers of all disciplines, both to gain their respect and in some cases to successfully implant nanomachines such that they would let me go out to lunch with them on occasion.

Finally, there is the inimitable collaborations and (I hope) mutual respect forged with the community at large. You guys are great, and as hard as this decision has been for me in so many ways, stepping away from things like the duty officer system and starbases feels a little like I am abandoning you. Fortunately, however, you are in great hands; Dan, Al, Jheinig, Borticus, Thomas the Cat, Falling Sky, Turnerboy, Ensign Ro and the rest of the STO team are incredibly passionate about the game.

With that said, and with great regret, I have chosen to depart from the STO team and Cryptic Studios to pursue new opportunities. I have been working hard with the team these last few weeks to make sure that the transition is as smooth as possible, and I have every confidence in their ability to deliver a great experience for the game.

I will still (try to tear me away...) be in game, just not with the fancy pink name (I won't miss that color at all). I will even be running regular open Starbase defenses, at least on the KDF side, so feel free to sign onto the HereticalSTO channel on Tuesday nights or up on the HereticalSTO Facebook group for more info and I would be proud to die (or live...meh, less interesting that way, but I suppose I could be convinced) alongside you when Starbases come out.

Live long and prosper,
    Geoff "Heretic" Tuffli

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :eek:

you are the best dev out there its not gunna be the same without you at the helm doffing away.

anyways good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Live long and prosper,
    Geoff "Heretic" Tuffli
    Iquitposts are not allowed....Im just saying is all....Miss you bud~
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is a sad day for STO. Heretic, you have had a hand in some of the best parts of the game. Its very clear that there are thousands of people who would have left the game were it not for the duty officer system. It's also clear that your design for starbases was masterful. I'm sad that you won't be able to see it through to completion. Your work was the only reason I was holding out hope for a good season six.....

Your level of engagement with the community was truly unparalleled. I always looked forward to you dropping in at DOFFJOBS and chatting with us. You really are one of a kind: Cryptic is a poorer place without you.

May all your future endeavors be critical successes.

I will enjoy following your blog: http://hereticalreflections.wordpress.com/

Live Long and Prosper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You did a great job (as far as I can tell) and your passion for the game really showed. Good luck at whatever you are doing next.